1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Luka [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Derg

Derg Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Monsters
    I've been thinking a lot on which healer being Luka or Refia for main team. Luka has a better tm in my opinion. Then considering we have the tms to do this: luka equipped with a ribbon and dual cast materia would be slightly better than refia equipped with the same (the ribbon would essentially be wasted on Refia). The HP difference from Refia passive and Luka not having a passive is quite marginal honestly being around 200 HP in which wouldnt save the healer if being focused.
    Luka has a pretty strong aoe ability for healer were as Refia does not. I personally like my healer to be able to damage in the case there isn't any healing needed to be done.
    As for buffs unless you're running strictly physical units then embolden might be better. However with new units being strongly magic geared lukas buff would be more beneficial. As well most physical units have a low SPR stat and boosting that would allow them to tank better against magic.

I'm really kind of having a hard time trying to decide.
    I think baring tmr Refia might be better depending on situation and team. With tmr i think luka would be better for all situations.
    There are other factors that could play in but for the most part are really more niche than anything.

When tilith gets 6* she will be my go to healer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Frau likes this.
  2. Jman1115

Jman1115 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Aileen
    So glad I got Luka. My Lenna just wasn't cutting it. This AoE Heal/Esuna is going to be amazing. Plus a second revive unit (Noctis). Need to TM farm a ribbon for her.

3. Anopheles albimanus

Anopheles albimanus Well-Known Member

I already have refia and still on my way to rising luka to 6* star, depend of future event, i'll switching between two of them

4. rvcs

rvcs Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza 6 stars
    Does Dualcast work with all or most Luka spells/skills? I've got two Ludmilles in the TM farming queue and whether or not Dualcast works with Luka will define whether or not I'll train Luka or Refia, since I've pulled them in the last two days and I desperately need a better healer than the regular Fina I currently use lol

5. Abudaman

Abudaman Ascended Member Supporter

From my understanding most of luka's heals and such are abilities, so DC won't work on them.

Apollo$ likes this.
  6. funerium

funerium Well-Known Member

so refia with DC >> luka ?

7. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive Tidus
    If I could, I would level Refia first, then Luka. But I have no Refia, so Luka is my priority right now. Unfortunately, she won't benefit from dual cast much...

8. 32_Footsteps

32_Footsteps Well-Known Member

If you have dualcast to equip, yes, Refia pulls ahead (and, for that matter, I think Santa Roselia probably pulls ahead too, because double curaja or doublecasting stona and curaja is sometimes your only hope). This would be part of why I ultimately decided to keep going with Refia, and I've been grinding 3 Ludmilles for TMR.

Abudaman likes this.
  9. Abudaman

Abudaman Ascended Member Supporter

This.

10. Derg

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Monsters
    Luka would absolutely benefit from dualcast. Being that raise is not a full heal as well. dc would allow her to raise and st heal that unit. The downside is she can't dualcast her heal/esauna ability her regen ability and her buff (which rufia can't do either). I would use dc on Luka imo

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  11. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

Raise has a delay before the target is revived in is it possible for it to kick before the second heal is finished?

12. Nadako

Nadako Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I want Luka so bad! I'm still running Tilith who's supposed to sit on the bench right now. I swear, every time I pull, Tilith answers the door first to make sure it isn't Refia and scares off all possible Refia's I should've gotten with a bat.

13. funerium

funerium Well-Known Member

if i could give you one of my 4 luka i would x) i dunno the game try to tell me something i pull EVERY heal available

14. Wickedlady1979

Wickedlady1979 Member

Should I replace Lenna with her?

15. Sparkle

Sparkle VIP VIP

If you are running phys units, make sure you have AoE atk booster to compensate for the loss of cheer.

I'm not even touching Lenna because I have my choice of S.Roselia/Luka and AoE ATK buffs.

16. Nadako

Nadako Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I would wholeheartedly agree to replace Lenna, but not until you have upgraded Luka to 6* and is well on her way up to max. She doesn't get quite good until later.

Derg likes this.
  17. Kosiciel

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive Tidus
    Lenna has Cheer... so it's a bit hard to replace her with Luka, who can't boost ATK :(

18. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Elza, Reberta, Dark Fina, Tidus
    Found Evil laughter reviewing Luka, he does go into luka's japanese enhancements... which actually if you take into consideration, may further seperate the difference between Luka and Refia

19. Derg

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Monsters
    As of now, after a week or so of using both, Refia with dualcast is going to pull ahead of Luka especially just given the meta right now being mainly physical. Still though each of them of their own optimal scenarios in which one is going to better for the job. In general though imo Refia will be more viable

20. Kosiciel

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive Tidus
    I would prefer Refia for her innate immunities and dualcast healing power (when TM equipped), but I'm still Refia-less.