1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Seria [Brave Frontier]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    She's hot, and extremely short tempered! But, regardless with the help of Karl she helps the summoner save the world in Brave Frontier! We're if you haven't noticed by now are talking about Seria and how well she compares in the Global meta, as usual leave comments, questions about her here in this thread! And lastly enjoy the review!

[​IMG]

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 694 / 2102 (240) 30 / 90 (40) 27 / 81 (16) 23 / 69 (16) 24 / 71 (16) 23 / 71 (16) 4 2
    5* 902 / 2733 (300) 39 / 117 (50) 35 / 106 (20) 30 / 90 (20) 31 / 93 (20) 31 / 93 (20) 5 2

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] & [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: None
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Engraved Patron (?): +20% DEF/SPR +10% HP
    Limit Break: 250% Fire AoE Physical Attack + AoE 3 Turn -30% DEF/SPR Debuff -> 345% AoE Physical Attack + -49% AoE DEF/SPR Debuff

Abilities Learned From Each Level:
    4*: Enblaze (3), Blazer (10), ATK +10% (16), Demon Killer (34), Summon MAG +20% (45)
    5*: Bird Killer (26), DEF +10% (41), Hearts Ablaze (54), Wave of Champions (78)

Pros: Waifu Status Anyway, Seria has some pretty cool tricks up her sleeve she's pretty much full offensive, with supportive capabilities which is a good mix for some units. Seria in the case can handle the role quite well with her special buff "Wave of Champions" which is a +40% boost to DEF/SPR this buff would go great on supportive like teams, teams that are not mean't to nuke everything off the planet. It could still help them in terms of survival ability which is going to be super important as it turns into a you, or us kind of thing either you die, or they die.

Cons: Unfortunately, Seria doesn't have nothing that's standout besides her self buff her best moves deal fire type which could be good/bad depending at the content at hand which you could be fighting a boss who's is immune to fire then she becomes useless barring her buff move which is great don't get me wrong it would just not be as great if she was stuck on buff.

Trust Mastery Award: Her TM is very good for any tank/support unit easily. Giving them extra HP alongside some good bulk in DEF/SPR I would if possible grind for this one as it will help a units survival chances greatly with the improved stats. It's a pretty straight forward TM, really.

Comparing to Other Units

[​IMG] - Karl
    • Karl is more offensively valuable than Seria having a more wider attack pool of ST, AoE, and RT attacks.
    • Karl & Seria's respective buffs are the same just for different stats.
    • Karl has more elements to use than Seria, he has 3 Ice/Thunder/Wind, while Seria only has 1/
    • Both have innate Slayers
    Overall Verdict: I feel the two of them being different from each other. Karl excels more at offensive ability, while Seria is more so on the defensive with smaller offensive ability. The two can work together as a good pair in team due to the respective buffs.

Conclusion: I wouldn't mind a Seria to use for a more supportive team, tho she's not pushed for more so than Karl is in my honest opinion, I'd pull for her if you do not have a solid DEF or SPR buffer at this point as her buff will go a long way.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    JChunks likes this.
  2. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    LOL as I see you crossed out Waifu status

EDIT: I do feel Karl > Seria from a usability standpoint.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  3. DeathShadow

DeathShadow Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Yun,Olive.Orlandu JP DV,FV,2B
    100s
    Pulled her first summon today and was really hoping she would have more offensive capabilities.guess I'm gonna keep pulling. I will level her though for the bonus karma in the event.

4. Bapig

Bapig Member Supporter

Global ID:
    517 083 493
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Just pulled her today and going here looking for your review..

Quite confused to how she can match in the battle for me lol..

Can you compare it to another unit?
    Is she comparable to vaan or anyone else?

5. Dandman

Dandman Ascended Member

no. she simply sucks.

6. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

Her and Karl are just Elza lackeys. Basically if you could field all the units from the banner (Elza, Tilith, Karl, and Seria) with good gear you would have the minimum you need to do the event and possibly Maxwell. On their own Karl and Seria have no purpose and there are much better unites to use in just about every situation.