The one who started it all, the first hero we ever who ever came into existence the one who helped build what FF is today! That's right, we're talking about the legendary hero Warrior of Light. As usual, sit back and relax as I go over WoL and how he effects the current GL meta, leave any questions & comments in the thread. :] In-Game Sprite Models: [4*] | [5*] | [6*] Equipment: Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +100% resistance to Holy attacks. Trust Mastery Award: Blessed Light (Ability): +20% MAG/ATK & Regen auto buff. Limit Break: 260% AoE Physical Attack > 350% AoE Physical Attack Spoiler: Warrior of Light's Stat Table Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits 4* 727 / 2087 (240) 30 / 92 (40) 25 / 77 (16) 24 / 73 (16) 25 / 75 (16) 24 / 74 (16) 3 3 5* 945 / 2713 (300) 39 / 119 (50) 33 / 100 (20) 31 / 95 (20) 32 / 97 (20) 32 / 96 (20) 4 3 6* 1228 / 3722 (450) 51 / 155 (75) 43 / 130 (30) 41 / 124 (30) 42 / 126 (30) 41 / 125 (30) 4 3 Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity Store 80% ATK per Use (160% Max) until Next Action (Damage Taken +50%) 2 1 [****] DEF +30% Boost users DEF stat by 30% - 4 [****] Undead Killer 50% Physical Damage vs Undead Enemies - 17 [****] Life Breath Self ~400 HP Heal w/ 3x Mod 6 25 [****] Bladeblitz 140% AoE Physical Attack 14 33 [****] Sentinel 30% Chance to Defend an Ally (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage - 48 [****] HP +20% Boost users HP stat by 20% - 56 [*****] Full Break 160% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -30% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR Debuff 14 69 [*****] Shining Wave 210% AoE 1 Hit Light Magic Attack 30 78 [*****] Hope +100% DEF after HP drops below 30% - 1 [******] Warrior's Pride 30% Chance Counter Magic w/ Warrior's Pride Self Recover 25% HP/MP - 1 [******] Raise ST Revive with 30% HP 12 23 [******] Encourage AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF 57 30 [******] Brave Presence 1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted 14 40 [******] Armor Eraser AoE 3 Turn -45% DEF/SPR Debuff 48 62 [******] Arms Eraser AoE 3 Turn -45% ATK/MAG Debuff 48 85 [******] The Light is With Us 3 Turn 50% Chance to Defend Allies (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage) 25 100 [******] Pros: Great Start: Warrior of Light gets some great abilities simply starting out the gate. Namely his DEF +30%, and Sentinel are the key reasons that you do rely on him for doing his job as a tank based unit. For a newer player, having early access to Sentinel can improve your teams survival chances quite a bit since he's there to take that damage for you. It's only a chance that it does proc but when it does. It will surely help someone out for you. Hope: This is a amazing ability that WoL will get for one major reason. And that's the nature of the ability itself. This will activate as soon as WoL hits below 30% it doesn't matter if it's during yours, or a enemy phase. It could even be right in the middle of the enemies attacks on him. Which is great cause when it does activate during the enemy cycle it gives him the chance to survive more, and makes their attacks hit like wet noodles basically from his +100% boost to DEF. This is also a great follow up to another move I will mention. Magic Based Counter: Thanks to his great equip move pool, and base SPR. This magic based counter is actually safe on WoL, and completely reliable. Basically, if you're able to proc this off you're able to save WoL, and keep him going alot for events where you would sponge out his MP for his supportive breaks, and possible Raise effect. Thanks to the nature of his movepool he pretty much (if the enemy has it) a great shot a procing this ability if he's hit by magic. This is this regard would make him a self supporting unit. The Light is With Us: This was the move I was talking about before. This move.. is .. simply a godsend to the tank meta. What this does is make WoL jump in front of your team and take all the attacks that would be aimed at other units and he would simply take them on his own. This includes AoE, ST, or even RT. All of these moves will go straight to WoL which is simply amazing if he decides to jump in and take it all for the team. It pretty much protects your entire team for the turn that it's casted. Brave Presence: This is the first time where we have had a +100% Provoke coming from a unit without the assistance of things like your esper. With this, you should know where I am going with this.. WoL takes every single ST attack that would be aimed at your team. This is also a great move for ST thresholds like Gilgamesh's Bushido: Freedom (see: 100% Death) cause you wouldn't have to worry about it chancing to go to another unit based on RNG. Amazing Supportive Movepool: WoL's supportive movepool is great easily. The main things that makes his support so good is the -45% stat breaks he has. This is also a great safety net for him cause if he's able to break the ATK/MAG of enemies he can easily eat the attacks of enemies even more so than he would before. He even also has access to Raise which if you are running a healer is a great combo cause you can raise with WoL then proceed to heal with a healer to get them to a safe range. Cons: Life Breath: This move is pretty niche. But, not by alot.. It's basically a weaker Cura that WoL can cast to get some HP back, it was something that was helpful to him. But, after his 6* came along. Life Breath doesn't heal nearly as much back as you would like. So, I wouldn't really use this move.. Maybe in his beginning stages, but not later on. Store: In WoL's case, Store has the worst possible placement for him. By looking from his movepool he's mean't to break enemies, and sponge damage with his tank like abilities. You never want to purposely put any damage on a unit for no real reason. Store should be avoided on WoL at all costs really cause it doesn't help him at all. PvP Arena: WoL would be great here cause he can as I mentioned before break enemies with his various eraser moves. He can also draw in moves allowing your DPS to have a chance at taking less damage so you can get the kill more easily in combat. His breaks easily allow you to hit the 999 cap on most properly equipped DPS units for Arena which is great. Trust Mastery Award: This TM is not that great imo. It gives you a small HP regen with Brave/Faith. In early meta, this would've been something that was niche but in now meta it kinda feels like it would be in the way. There's many buffs that are just plan better that can be applied than the stage 1 buffs that this TM can offer. The HP regen is niche, but it's not a saving grace or anything like that. So, I would pass on this TM. Comparing to Other Units: - Cecil Warrior of Light supports the team better with debuffs, and Raise. Warrior of Light has a chance to take damage for allies and opposed to one ally. Cecil has more DEF than WoL. But, is easily overshadowed after the "Hope" buff. Cecil can heal allies, while WoL cannot. Overall Verdict: Warrior of Light in my honest opinion does a better job at tanking than Cecil. I'm not gonna discredit as say that Cecil is outclassed by WoL. But, I will say that what WoL brings in terms of being a pure tank is just insane. 100% provoke chance, chance to take damage for all your allies, Hope.. Things like this pretty much make WoL a wonderful tank. In terms of support, I would say it's a tie, and it depends on what you need for the content. If you need more support in buffs/heals. I would go Cecil cause he still has one of the best LBs in the game, and Curaja to help your team. If you got that covered, I would simply go WoL cause of him being able to do debuffs. Which makes the content at hand easier to deal with provided the enemy is susceptible to it. So, WoL is better at being a general tank, and it's tied between the two for supportive purpose. - White Knight Noel WoL has a higher provoke chance than WKN (100% on WoL, 80% on WKN) WoL supports the team better with debuffs, as opposed to ailments from WKN. WKN can put more damage on the board while performing his tank abilities. WKN has just a little bit more passives than WoL. Overall Verdict: I would still say WoL is better than WKN. The extreme ability to take AoE, ST, and RT moves all to one unit is just insane. If WoL didn't have this move. I'd say WKN is better. His 80% provoke is great cause it's not 1 turn like WoL is. His is 3 turns meaning in those 3 turns WKN could do things like guard to further reduce the damage that is done to him, or deal damage while your units are more so free to attack. In terms of support, WKN does have a good spot with having elemental debuffs which is rare to say the least. But, if you don't have breaks then WoL is easily the better slot overall. WKN also can put damage on the board which does help to hit enemies down a little bit. While WoL is designed more so to simply sponge attacks, and break down your enemies. So, in general tanking I again would say that WoL is better overall. Conclusion: Warrior of Light is simply a fantastic tank in his new 6* form. From his 5* he has greatly improved on what it takes to be a tank for your characters by pretty much stuffing himself down with tons of merits that makes him compatable to be a great supportive tank in this meta. If you haven't already.. I would 100% make him 6*in a heartbeat. He's surely worth it in every single way possible.