He's our knight in shining armor? That's right we're talking about Noel and how well he compares in the Global meta. As usual, leave all comments, and questions below. And as usual, enjoy the review. :] In Game Sprite Models: [5*] | [6*] Equipment: Weaknesses: -25% Fire Damage | Resistances: +25% Ice/Wind Damage Trust Mastery Award: Ice Rosetta (Accessory): MAG +50, DEF +50, +25% Resistance to Ice Limit Break: AoE 50%/74% DEF/MAG for three turns + 30 MP Spoiler: White Knight Noel Stat Table Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits 5* 929 / 2815 (240) 41 / 125 (40) 29 / 88 (16) 35 / 107 (24) 35 / 105 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 5 2 6* 1208 / 3660 (390) 53 / 162 (65) 38 / 114 (26) 46 / 139 (34) 45 / 136 (26) 37 / 112 (26) 6 2 Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity Steel Self +75% Phys Mit / 1 Turn 12 8 [*****] Attract +30% Chance to be targeted - 12 [*****] Blizzara 140% AoE Ice Magic Attack 9 18 [*****] Ice Blast 160% Ice Magic ST + -30% Ice Resists / 3 Turns 18 26 [*****] Aerora 140% AoE Wind Magic Attack 9 32 [*****] HP +10% Boosts users HP stat by 10% - 40 [*****] Gale Blast 160% Wind Magic ST + -30% Wind Resists / 3 Turns 18 47 [*****] Rune Protector +15% MAG w/ Rod +15% DEF with Shield - 54 [*****] Bring It On Increase likeliness of being targeted (80%) and reduce damage taken (50%) for 3 turns to caster 27 80 [*****] Winter Guardian +20% HP, Stone/Silence Immunity - 1 [******] Tactical Gear +30% DEF with Light/Heavy Armor +30% MAG with Robes - 30 [******] Blizzaga 180% AoE Ice Attack 20 38 [******] Aeroga 180% AoE Wind Attack 20 63 [******] Mystical Flair +10% MAG +20% MP - 70 [******] Glacial Wave +210% Ice Magic AoE + 30% Para Chance 36 84 [******] Winter Palisade 40% Chance to Counter Magic with: Noels Judgment 30% Chance to: Ice Blast 30% Chance to: Blizzaga 20% Chance to: Glacial Wave 20% Chance to: Sub Zero (200% Ice Magic ST, -50% Ice Resist/3T, 100% Para) - 100 [******] Pros: Great Passives: WK Noel has some good passives to support both of the possible roles you would want to outfit him for either being a tank, or a DPS mage. Which is great cause there's no uneven amount given to the specified passive boosts so he gets the full benefit of using both classes effectively in any type of content. Great Tanking Abilities: Steel & Bring It On are actually advanced when it comes to tanking. Normally, our best tanking moves would consider of the tank itself defending for one your allies which to this day is still great. But, Noel actually has a more advanced tanking way when he uses these moves. When he uses either Steel or Bring It On it increases the stats of the user when damage is applied. Basically, the attacking moves of the opponent get cut down when it's targeted to him. And that's the insane part about Bring It On since it allows him a 80% chance to be targeted on top of this. Also, when he guards the damage taken is also further reduced, on top of naturally applied buffs to Noel. Basically in a short summary he's a wall that can mitigate a great deal of damage even more so than the tanks that defended for allies. As a side note, this also combines with his Attract passive which means he'll pretty much always be targeted by ST attacks. Elemental Debuffs: This is actually great for his mage like role, or even to get off regular damage as a tank. Thanks to his blast type abilities he's able to help deal more damage to enemies after the resistance has been put on them which is good cause it helps his, and other allies who may have a Ice/Wind attack on them, or weapons that deal that type of damage. So, these debuffs are actually great for your squad to use on them. Innate Immunities: Noel has some good, and niche immunities to Stone/Silence which means he has a lesser chance to be stopped when trying to perform his duties as a unit. He can still be slowed down by paralysis or stop. But, it's 2/3 of the most recommended immunities to be protected against so I can let him slide for that. Great LB: His LB seems only really for him with the DEF/MAG boost. But, what really makes his LB good, and useable is the +30 MP that it gives in the end. In this meta, we don't have alot of way to generate MP, or have some kind of MP regen so having it on a LB is always helpful in a tight spot in a battle. It's not a super high value but it again is helpful. Cons: Slight Mage Problems: My only real gripe is his Attract passives. Since it's a passive and you can't turn it off really. You'll have to deal with the possibilities that you'll be targeted more. Fortunately, WK Noel can still get his DEF passives by wearing a shield, and maximizing on the armor which means he could survive more. He also has a HP +30% in total of passives which means he will not be a easy target to take down. Fire Weakness: Normally, I don't really focus on these things cause it's only -25% damage which isn't too bad as opposed to a 50%. But, he as a tank would take more damage from enemies, or bosses that do damage based on that element. So, that's a minor pain for him to be constant in doing his job, but in all it's not AS bad as it could be. PvP Arena: WK Noel is actually good here for statuses, and lowering the resistances of others. One of his skills called "Glacial Wave" can be hugely beneficial for slowing down teams cause of it being a AoE Paralyze effect. This is also possibly if he triggers if from being targeted by magic attack moves in Arena so he would have a solid reason to be used for that very reason. Trust Mastery Award: Ice Rosetta is a very good TM and should take high priority when you decide to farm for it. There's not alot of great MAG based TMs so this one is a great, and welcomed edition to the list. A free +50 to DEF/MAG would service alot of mages to easily make up for the fact that they can be squishy in their DEF stats, and this would also help other more bulkier mages like Noel himself, or Exdeath even. So, yes. This is a TM worth getting. Comparing to Other Units: - Snow WK Noel has better defensive passives than Snow (+45% DEF on WK Noel, +20% on Snow) Snow has higher innate target chance (50% on Snow, 30% on WK Noel) Snow can counter both Physical/Magic Attacks, WK Noel can only counter Magic. WK Noel can reduce damage delt to himself, Snow cannot. Overall Verdict: WK Noel would win here because of his guard like abilities in Steel, and Bring It On. Namely Bring It On really cause it reduces both ATK/MAG types of damage delt to WK Noel. Snow while can be targeted as well is taking on damage unmitigated so he's gonna take the full blunt of any type of attack unless he's guarding. WK Noel can pretty much one up him and take mitigated damage, and guard at the same time. So, WK Noel would be a better unit overall. - Cecil Cecil has a higher total DEF passives than WK Noel (+50% DEF on Cecil, +45% on WK Noel) WK Noel can mitigate damage for multiple turns, while it's trigger based for Cecil. Cecil can support the team with heals, and buffs. WK Noel has a counter to magic, Cecil doesn't. Overall Verdict: WK Noel would actually even be better than Cecil in terms of tanking as well. The main thing that made Cecil so great, and reliable was the combination of his Sentinel, and Saintly Wall abilities. However, he only get that damage mitigation when the abilities themselves trigger. In WK Noel case when he uses Bring It On or Steel it's always active for the amount of turns that it's casted. If worse case scenario, Cecil doesn't guard anyone then he would end up like Snow taking damage unmitigated. While as I said before, WK Noel will always mitigate damage when he's targeted by a ST move. So, WK Noel would win for tanking. But, Cecil still would win for support. Conclusion: WK Noel is a great tank, and a decent mage. So, you should try summoning for him. With his great defensive abilities he will surely help you clear all types of hard content to come into the game. And even help your team in damage if you wanna build his as a mage. I fully recommend him to anyone. He's a great pickup unit.