1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: White Witch Fina [FFBE: Halloween]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    I'm not even sure what I am saying? But, I am here at your service! That's right, we're talking about White Witch Fina and how well she compares to the current GL meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And enjoy the review. :]

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +25% Light Resist, +25% Silence Resist
    Trust Mastery Award: Blessed Bow (Weapon): ATK +80, SPR +40, Adds Bird/Undead Killer to Attacks.
    Limit Break: 270% Light Magic Damage on All Allies > 390% Light Magic Damage on All Allies.

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 1702 113 65 65 79 93 8 1
    5* 2212 147 85 85 103 121 10 1
    6* 2875 191 110 110 134 157 12 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Cure Heal 150 HP + 3x Mod to one ally 3 1 [****]
    Blinda Removes Blind status from one ally 3 5 [****]
    Vox Cures Silence status from one ally 3 6 [****]
    Pray 50% chance to heal 100 HP + 1x Mod to all allies, fails otherwise 3 13 [****]
    Shell Increases one ally SPR by 20% for three turns 4 15 [****]
    Aim 120% Physical Damage on one enemy 3 18 [****]
    Poisona Cures Poison status from one ally 3 20 [****]
    Protect Increases one ally DEF by 20% for three turns 4 26 [****]
    Cura Heal 400 HP + 3x Mod for all allies 7 28 [****]
    Divine Burst 250% Light Damage + 50% Undead Killer to all enemies 22 30 [****]
    Banish 120% Light Magic Damage to one enemy 3 34 [****]
    SPR +10% Boosts SPR stat by 10% - 40 [****]
    Entrust Gives one ally your LB gauge 18 42 [****]
    Cleanse Cures Diease status from one ally 3 55 [****]
    MP +20% Boosts users MP by 20% - 31 [*****]
    Curaga Heal 800 HP + 3.4X Mod to one ally 9 44 [*****]
    Raise Revive one KO'd ally 12 56 [*****]
    Cheer AoE ATK/DEF +40% for three turns 48 72 [*****]
    SPR +20%, MP +10% Boosts users SPR by 20%, and MP by 10% - 52 [******]
    Ritual Fixed 30% HP Heal, and 10% MP Heal to all allies but caster 60 100 [******]
    Pros: WW Fina is well our first 6* healer, and for what it's worth she isn't bad. She's just a well improved version from her story counterpart which is to be expected but she does have a few good notes like her ability to use Raise. Back then, Raise was just niche to have but now Raise is a necessity to handle the more harder content on Global, her slight resistances to Silence can be noteworthy too as Silence alongside Paralyze is one of the worst statuses a healer can be put under. She still keeps Cheer so if you were to be using a healer like Lenna you don't disrupt your teams flow that much if you decide to use her. She also has Ritual which is a good/bad heal. It's good cause it has a MP recover, which keeps your team more sustained for a few turns. And a overall fixed 30% doesn't sound as awful depending on team comps & content at hand.

Cons: She's lacking two of the most important things as a healer. Curaja, and Esuna.. She only has standalone statuses to heal and not even all of them at that. And her only useful AoE heal (that's for everyone) is Cura, meanwhile she does have the stronger Ritual but that heals everyone but her which is why it's half good/bad. If your team takes a massive AoE and everyone is at low HP, a 30% fixed heal might not suffice to get them to a save level not to mention if she were to be targeted then it would be done deal for her. If there was any outside support to help her like 6* Cecil could be a great partner for her then it wouldn't be as bad in her case, but this her as a standalone healer would be quite hard to pull off. She also for 6* status, has a underwhelming HP stat which again puts her at danger. She can't even break 3K outside of help from materia. Most healers in 6* form usually break 3K+ but she doesn't which can make it even more challenging for her to survive considering the fact that your HP is important to clear most of the content in the game.

Trust Mastery Award: It's a weaker version of Rosa's TM really. The only upside is that this bow is like the Killer Bow except stronger and gives 2 extra passives as opposed to Killer Bows three passives. The extra SPR can be helpful for your attacker to take some MAG based hits. This bow isn't a real good card for healers cause we already have the Golden Staff from colo which gives more SPR and that's the main important thing for your healers.

Comparing to Other Units:

Fortunately, there is no 6* healers to be released before WW Fina. So, this section will be skipped.
    Conclusion: WW Fina isn't a bad start for 6* healers, if she had better options i.e. Curaja, and Esuna she would surely be a amazing healer, but since she doesn't she only a meh/okay(ish) healer. Ritual really holds her down cause of she can't get any heal benefit from it. If you have 6* Cecil, you can make it work with her in a team. But, otherwise I wouldn't really wanna use her if you already have Lenna/Garnet which is the games current best 5* healers. She needs a good portion of support to really get off the ground, and Cecil has that for her.

2. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Is there any curaja materia? Since esuna is from maria which is uncommon so you slap some chilling aura and esuna/curaja if there is any soon to her until better 6* comes out

3. Genos

Genos Well-Known Member

Yes. You can buy it from the Fat Chocobo in Goronoa for 200 SQ.

4. S3PHIR0TH

S3PHIR0TH You need more HP :3 VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight | Tidus
    Goronoa was just recently released in the Japan version. Plus, 200 SQ costs way too much. By the time Goronoa is released, you'll get plenty of decent healers.

5. cykoc

cykoc Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis/Yun
    With all that said sadly she is still the best healer I have for now ...

Zissoulander likes this.
  6. Emeiru

Emeiru Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orly
    I just got White Witch Fina to add to my healers. Currently have a maxed out Roselia with an in-training Lenna, Fina might need to wait for a bit. I'm thinking of giving White Witch Fina a lesser DPS/healer role, as she cannot really become a better healer with just Cura. Sad that just by giving her Esuna, she'll be at least worthy of a pick-up to eliminate annoying debuffs.

7. Jongiks

Jongiks Well-Known Member Supporter

Her skills list has curaga. Anyway, maybe it'll be nice to equip atleast 2 chilling aura.

8. Veidin

Veidin Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Reberta, Olive, Orlando
    Curaga is pointless. Most high damage abilities hit your whole team not an individual. No Curaja and no Esuna makes her complete trash. She doesn't even get dispel she has nothing going for her. Her only saving grace is Raise and Cheer.

Almost every 5* healer out is better than her. Her 6* stats do not make up for the complete lack of abilities she's packing. Raise is not necessary for anything at the moment. It is still niche and personally have never needed to raise for anything in the game. Cheer is the only truly useful ability on this unit. Many people are lacking other units with cheer since the only other units to get it are Ramza (a base 5* star unit), Lenna (Best healer currently in the game along with Garnet), and the normal Fina which yes WWFina is a direct upgrade to normal Fina.

WWFina will never be your main healer. I can't stress enough the word "never." She has no ability to keep your team topped off when they need it and she cant even cleanse debuffs off your team. She can cleanse a single debuff off one person and can heal one person nicely. Terra or Tellah are even better healers than her and can at least pump out some decent magic damage as well. Not to mention if you really need the Raise spell Tellah has it.

9. nonsense

nonsense Ascended Member

If you beef her up with the spooky auras , she is as tanky as it can be on her own. So her Ritual spell is good enough as curaja. The only problem is ailment healing , which needs you to sacrifice one spot for esuna.

10. Bradly Slaughter

Bradly Slaughter Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Landu, Aileen, Noct, uh.... Everyone?
    Once I get her to 10p,im gonna put Esuna on her, and dualcast on either her or Cecil And see how it works.

11. Ng3Ng4

Ng3Ng4 Ascended Member

Leads:
    Orlandu
    i prefer lenna over her, that's the reason i even stop of half lapis daily summon after i gained black cat few days ago...

12. MaxGalette

MaxGalette Member Supporter

I actually can't get why we should invest so much time and ressource to upgrade a hero that we all have allready and do the job really well for a 5* wich is Fina. This hero is out of my mine because this spot just wait lenna or garnett for the moment to replace Fina.

Sir Vincent likes this.
  13. ZWei

ZWei Member

The limit break does damage to all allies? :confused:

14. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    well... i got her and I'll invest her... that being said I also have lenna and rosa... lenna's being my healer since the beginning because I started with her banner. But the way I see it I think that the three of them could be useful on different occasions... fina is definitely an weak 6 star... she's however currently the only 6 healer and maybe the stronger raiser atm, which could be useful in some occasions... besides I'm not really thinking I'll get tilith so I better play with i have... And tilith may be exactly that:the fusion of these 3..And maybe even a little better than that.. anyway I think WWfina is actually nice to use

15. Zissoulander

Zissoulander VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    Welp. Since I didn't pull Refia and no Tilith, yet, I decided to max WWFina and replace Lenna. With 4 HP/MP materia she's quite burly with 4370 hp. I gave her a gold armlet, and with the materia, she has well over 400mp. No problems using Ritual when needed. I have her paired with Cecil who can use Curaja. Cecil and WWFina also cover the Focus/Cheer roles.

Equipped with Killer Bow she can actually contribute some DPS to the fight, especially with her AoE light element attack. It looks really cool, too.

She also has raise, which is very important to kill CoDs in the arena ( I was using Tellah JUST for that).

Does it suck that she's a weirdo off-healer that somehow didn't get basic spells as a 6*? Totally. She actually got NO extra magic in her 6* form. I wonder if the devs forgot to update her 6* magic. She seems incomplete. **secretly hopes for a GE unit update soon**

But if you're like me, and only have 5* healers and a 6* Cecil then WWFina is actually a usable upgrade.

EDIT: I also have 6* CoD on my team that can handle mass status cleanses. My only 6*s (Cecil, CoD, WWFina) are all hybrid support which will have to do for now. But it does cover all my needs.

WTB or bribe RNGesus for 6* phys DPS

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    nonsense and Sparkle like this.
  16. nonsense

nonsense Ascended Member

good for you haha but I pulled Refia... so she will have to wait at sidelines with the 4x materia I bought for her.

17. Zissoulander

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    What materia are you putting on her? The hp/spr ones from this Grand Gaia event?

18. nonsense

nonsense Ascended Member

Chilling aura from halloween, the one that adds HP and MP.

19. Zissoulander

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    One more minor point. Her holy AoE chains with Maxwell's holy AoE.

20. Zissoulander

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    I keep bumping this thread because WWFina is my only 6* healer since I never got Refia.

I have her in my arena party primarily for Raise to kill CoDs.

Here's another Arena trick with her Divine Burst - Since it's a skill and not magic it triggers any status ailment on weapons. Similar in functionality to using Shining Splendor or Thorned Mace with Bladeblitz/Barrage.

Why is this important? Equip her with the Golem staff for a fairly good chance of petrifying the entire team at once. Since Divine Burst is not a status ailment skill it's still usable when the arena forbids status ailments attacks.