1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Aileen (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, May 2, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Error 404: Long beard not found Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Auron | JP: Akstar
    Aileen, a machine engineer from Dilmagia who specializes in weaponry, develops weapons of a smaller, more personal scale than those mounted on the airships constructed in her hometown. She is currently traveling across the world while polishing her skills in combat and claims that there is a weapon out there for everyone.

TO THE ENHANCEMENT REVIEW:
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/unit-review-enhanced-aileen-final-fantasy-brave-exvius.30394/

Today we're talking about one of the most hyped up units in FFBE...and some of you might call her "Waifu Material". Enjoy!

(No Picture this time, I'm sorry.)

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Artisan (Spear) - +135 Attack | Earth Elemental

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3698 (+390) Mag: 122 (+26)
    MP: 149 (+65) Def: 120 (+26)
    Atk: 155 (+34) Spr: 119 (+26)

5*: Lvl 62- Attack + 30%
    5*: Lvl 80 Auto Refresh - Recover MP (5%) per turn during battle
    6*: Lvl 1 Analysis - ATK +30% and increase physical damage against mechanical and stone monsters
    6*: Lvl 58 - HP + 20%
    6*: Lvl 74 - MP + 20%
    5*: Lvl 12 Limit Gather (21 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy and increase LB gauge fill rate (200%) for 5 turns to self
    5*: Lvl 30 Analyze (1MP) - View info on one enemy
    5*: Lvl 53 Recovery Oil (12 MP) - Heal (1150 HP, 8x) for 3 turns to all allies
    6*: Lvl 24 Refreshing Tool (23 MP) - Refresh (10MP, 0.3x) for 3 turns to all allies
    6*: Lvl 41 Ground Work (21 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy and add earth element to attacks for 5 turns to caster
    6*: Lvl 91 Build Earth (13 MP) - Increase resistance to petrify (100%) for 3 turns to all allies
    6*: Lvl Piledriver (45 MP / 5-Hit) - Physical damage (2x) with ignore DEF (50%) and decrease earth resistance (50%) for 3 turns to one enemy

6* Limit Burst:
    Fatal Impact (Base): 4-Hit Physical damage (2.9x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy
    Fatal Impact (Max): 4-Hit Physical damage (4.1x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy

Pros:
    Aileen has a LOT of good pros under her belt, so shall we get started with that list?

Let me first start off with her base stats:

Aileen has a good HP base which is boosted even further by a +20% HP and the same goes for her MP pool. These two bonuses are great to have since it increases her durability and sustainability by quite a bit. The +20% MP also helps to augment her innate MP-Refresh, which makes both her and her team last a whole lot longer during lengthy battles.

She has somewhat decent defensive stats but to counter that, she has a really solid ATK base which can be increased a lot further.

In addition to her bulky ATK base, she also gains +60% ATK. This is just slighty below the other DPS units that we will be comparing her with, but still, +60% ATK is not bad at all. Aileen also gains innate Stone and Machine killers (+50%), which are not as useful right now, but they will be solid in the future. Free killers ain't bad!

You see, Aileen has a LOT of pros that have been listed already, but we ain't stopping there!

Aileen can equip every darn weapon and armour (except heavy shields) in the game! That is tremendously nice that you are able to equip her with absolutely everything. Since Aileen’s most powerful attack is non-elemental, you can stack up a bunch of strong TMR's along with certain materias. You can give her Deathbringer + Moonblade and some Heavy Armor when using the Large Sword Mastery and Dark Knight's Soul Materia. You can basically put anything and everything that you want on her and it won't be bad. That leaves her with some great possible elemental coverage. Aileen has one thing specifically that you want to aim for...and that would be her TMR.

Aileen’s strongest move is Piledriver. This move reduces Earth resistance on top of doing massive amounts of damage. With her own TMR equipped, she will increase the damage done by a really huge amount.

Side Note: In the future, Aileen will also gain Spear Mastery from Enhancements. So get out there and grab her TMR as fast as you can! Aileen not having her TMR though, would that make her useless?

Absolutely not! If you equipped some non-elemental weapons on her and still not have had a chance to max her TMR out, she can still deal out quite a bit of damage while giving herself earth-elemental attacks for the next 5 turns. This ends up being really good since she still deals damage while doing so.

One might think, "Ok...so she is an attacker, but that's it.".

We are not stopping.

Even if it's not all that impressive, Aileen is still able to support your team a little bit. With her using Recovery Oil and Refreshing Tool, she can be an off-healer or a little MP Battery. Plus, she can increase your Petrifiy Resistance up to 100% for all allies! This is something that is always good to have around, no cons there.

The last thing I want to adress is her LB. Aileen is a DW user, but for people who don't have a DW for her, use her LB!!! It deals a great amount of damage with the -50% DEF ignore AND at max level, it is a 820% modifier! If you go and grab her TMR and are able to lower the earth resistance for the enemy team before that and it's just an absolutely beautiful sight to see. Using that strategy is even slighty more damaging than Piledriver if she is on her own.

If you manage to get another Aileen, you are able to do a beautiful chain with both of them. They can reach the maximum Chain Modifier and deal AMAZING damage in the process. In the future she will gain 7-Hits on Piledriver which is just simply amazing but...

Cons:
    There aren't a whole lot downsides with Aileen.

As stated before, Aileen is not bound to dealing just earth elemental damage all the time...only her main source of damage is. Aileen still has a 4x modifier though in which she can elemental chain, but it’s just done with other weapons. So in my opinion, there aren’t any “real“ cons that Aileen has. In the future though, we will definitely get some other elemental spears. We actually already have one...the Deathscythe from Elza’s TMR (if you managed to get her).

Despite all of that, Aileen only deals ST (Single Target) damage. Again, it’s not a huge con, but it’s just one of those minor things that is holding her back just a little bit.

Her defense and spirit stats are also a bit low but since she is a DPS unit, it's quite forgiveable.

Aileen also has no innate Status Ailment Protection, which can be bothersome from time to time, but can easily be fixed with a Ribbon or some other Accessory/Materia if you are willing to lose the slot. It’s just a small little downside to Aileen but it’s not a deal breaker.

Arena:
    There is honestly no real point to using Aileen in Arena because she just doesn't have any AoE or Status Ailment afflicting moves. Aileen also doesn't have an innate dodge chance either, so no 100% dodge chance there. Sorry, Aileen.

Comparison: Orlandeau
    [​IMG]

- Orlandeau has higher ATK Passives
    - Orlandeau's chain is way better without her Enhancements
    - Eileen has way more versatility in terms of Equipment
    - Eileen has a little Side Support, Orlandeau has a Break tho (kinda even)
    - Orlandeau has innate Status Ailment Protection
    - Both are bound to one element if you want the highest DMG output
    - Both are not great in Arena due to lack of AoE moves

I'd give this one to Orlandeau. The main point behind both of these units is their chaining ability and honestly, Orlandeau does that a lot better at the moment. His chain doesn't stop, he is really easy to chain with himself (multiple Orlandeau units), he has a higher attack due to passives, and large swords have more weapon damage variance.

Comparison: Fryevia
    [​IMG]

- Fryevia is hybrid damage based
    - Fryevia is restricted to one element no matter what
    - Aileen has way more versatility than Fryevia (in terms of equipment)
    - Fryevia has more niches, since her main damage is dependent from enemies Def and Spr
    - Fryevia is unbelieveably hard to chain
    - Aileen has no innate status ailment protection, Fryevia does
    - Aileen has more bulk while Fryevia can take up to 1 fatal hit
    - Fryevia is able to dodge physical and magical moves
    - Fryevia's LB has the niche to stop enemies
    - Fryevia easily outdamages her, but it is an tremendous effort

In all honesty as far as unit comparisons go, I would much rather prefer Aileen over Fryevia. Fryevia is a great unit, but she has a lot less situations where she can shine in than Aileen does. Fryevia also needs way way more TMR's for BiS (in fact, two of her own for just one Fryevia!) and she is just a massive pain to try and chain with. If she wasn’t so restricted to such a limited equipment selection and elemental damage choice, she would be the winner. On top of that, we know that Aileen has way more potential in the future, while poor little Fryevia's enhancements will be unknown for a very long time.

Trust Master Reward:
    Amazing, especially for herself. Grab this TMR, it will come in handy for sure!

My Conclusion:
    Aileen is a beautiful unit...I really do like her a lot. Right now, she might not seem to be as worthy as Orlandeau, but having the kind of versatility that she has, in my opinion, is a lot better because Orlandeau is mostly used for just pure damage. Aileen can still come in and shine in some niche situations where you might need it. I would prefer to pull an Aileen over Orlandeau because of that. Aileen is very very future proof as well...trust me on this one.

Character Design: 9.5/10
    Sprite: 10/10
    Chainer: 8.5/10 (currently), 9.5/10 (future)
    Finisher: 5.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10

If you have some money saved up for pulling, you might want to take the chance and go out and get her. Aileen is an amazing 5* unit who is 100% future proof.

I hope you enjoyed this Aileen unit review.

Credits go to Grex for future improvements and all of you guys for your amazing feedback on the previous reviews.

Have a nice day!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. PlusKun

PlusKun Ascended Member

Leads:
    Zargabaath
    What makes her future-proof?
    All I see regarding that is her enhancements which will take quite some time to get here, and they don't seem that amazing compared to other 5 star enhancements.

3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Error 404: Long beard not found Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Analysis +2 : +30% ATK/+20% HP & 75% Physical Damage vs Mechanical & 75% Physical Damage vs Stone & +50% ATK when equipped with Spear
    Piledriver +2 : 250% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -75% Earth Resist
    Recovery Oil +2 : AoE ~2100 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod split over 3 Turns & 3 Turn AoE 50% LB Fill Rate

She gets another +50% atk (which adds up to a total of whopping 110% atk) + her killers are slightly stronger.
    Her Piledriver innate mod goes from 4x to 5x and adds another -25% earth resist on top of the 50%. BUUUT, she gains 7-hits basically making it the same as holy explosion only that she has way higher atk, versatility and Earth elemental is not as often resisted as Holy elemental.
    Recovery oil, ok, it's decent if you have like 2 rikkus or so.

Seijuro, Malik, Redtide and 5 others like this.
  4. PlusKun

PlusKun Ascended Member

Leads:
    Zargabaath
    Ah, I see.

Gotta say I'm not really fond of the idea of having to pull the unit, then having to spend expensive enhancement materials to make them any good.
    So much artificial grind. Having to program a game for the people that play 20 hours a day at the same time as the people that play 10 minutes a day must be a struggle.

Redtide, Kinsz85, Vayhn and 2 others like this.
  5. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    You'll have five months or so of King Mog events, the up-and-coming Story Missions, etc to get Purecrysts, if you have your goal in mind, you'll be well-prepared once the announcement of her Enhancements are made.

Seijuro and Exeon like this.
  6. RikkuLover

RikkuLover "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Akstar
    I don't know who this "Aileen" person is. But, Eileen though she is waifu and best unit.

Saijin and Memel0rd like this.
  7. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Just like the post and stop the waifu story :^) no offense

Parade likes this.
  8. Double

Double VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    I have her on my jp acc and she's really awesome. I'd love to get her in global but the banner is so awful, I don't know if I'll pull... maybe some tickets and some Dailies. Better wait till she's in another banner, anniversary or something. Or maybe I'll get bitten by the pulling bug and explode my wallet. ::kefka::

Westsider and Memel0rd like this.
  9. Exeon

Exeon Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandeau or Event Unit
    Great review! *tips fedora*
    While this didn't change my mind about pulling on this banner (I won't lol) I'd be a lot happier if I manage to get her anytime in the future.

Parade likes this.
  10. Kaka

Kaka CG-OK Collector VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    She is my waifu..
    And for who said Orlandu is better, you are wrong..
    First; yes Orlandu can chain better than her..
    But after enhancement, Eileen is stronger than Orlandu with "only" 260% 50%def ignore with -50% Holy resist vs 250% 50%def ignore with -75% Earth resist (equally 875%)..
    And from Altema.Jp you can see Eileen can achieve greatest damage from chaining her together..
    Not mentioning she can equip everything which is great..

And for Aigion (real super boss), Eileen is the best unit to deal with..

Go grab hee while you can, she is totally awesome!!

Jvalz and RikkuLover like this.
  11. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Well I mean... they're NOT wrong. Orlandeau is better... for now. But you're not wrong either, because Eileen WILL be better in the future.

It seems like people are only spreading the side of the story they like best, but I feel like both things need to be said together: Orlandeau is better at chaining until Eileen gets her Enhancements, and then Eileen is better. Simple as that.

Onejah and KoS like this.
  12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, she'll be better AFTER enhancements. But with the delay of Ramza's enhancements, we can't be sure if she'll be in batch 5 (which still would be far away, if we didn't even got batch 2, you know?)

Parade likes this.
  13. Lumina

Lumina "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    this may sound stupid, but even so Ill ask: comparing her to Chizuru, who'd be a better DPS? e.e

14. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    I do not say you are wrong, cause Orlandu better for chaining..
    I talk about future, not now..
    You can skip her if you have Orlandu..
    Yes, global is delaying enhancement..
    And i talk about enhancement too, cause Eileen is better after enhancement (like i said above)..
    I talk about her skill after enhancement..

Parade likes this.
  15. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

imo orlandu is easier to equip because you didn't have to wait till he was released to get his go to weapon(Excalibur) you need her own tmr to really shine

16. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    How about chaining future version of her with Orlandu, will she chain well with him as Dark Veritas do?

I don't really like the idea of having multiple 5 stars based unit. It'll broke my wallet and that's not good.

17. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    No she wont, and Orlandu chain perfectly with Agrias (enhancement) and Dark Veritas..

And not worth keeping Orlandu and Eileen together, they dont have synergy..
    If you have one, you should focus or geting dupe would be awesome..

Scott Q, Jvalz and Parade like this.
  18. Fauco

Fauco Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    434 866 513
    Leads:
    Veritas of the Light
    What?
    I'm not sure to understand... You are saying spears have a poor elemental coverage?
    Withe Aileen TMR, spears cover ALL element ...

19. Exeon

Exeon Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandeau or Event Unit
    That's true, but most spears (fire, ice, lightning, water and wind) aren't really strong. If I remember correctly those five have all below 50 Attack. It's always nice to have coverage AND attack power.

Parade likes this.
  20. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Yes, if I have to gimp myself by ~80 ATK power just for an element, I'm really not happy. That's why Chizuru is near-bottom on the totem pole for chainers (above Edgar/Cupid Luna, of course).

Exeon likes this.