1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Aldore King Rain (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Warrior of Light Bartz
    Rain, after overcoming the repulsion of his blood, became the king of Aldore in order to save all of Paladia's people. While he constantly feels the heavy responsibility of his duties, he is supported by his reliable comrades, and does his best to rule. However, he is still not used to being called "King," feeling awkward when people do so.
    He is here and I really wanna talk about his sprite but I'll do so later on in the review!
    My apologies that the review didn't come out yesterday but one of my flatsharing members was celebrating their birthday alongside an "after-halloween" party, so we hosted for 40-50 people in our apartment. Was pretty wild.

Aldore King Rain Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG]6*
    [​IMG]7*

TMR: King Rain's Armor (Heavy Armor) - 28 ATK, 45 DEF, 10% HP, 30% LB Damage

STMR: True Crimson Saber (Large Sword) - 174 ATK, 2h, x1.3 AVG variance, 50% TDH

Overview:
    AKR aka Rain, I'll just call him that.

Before the review starts: Gumi, from the bottom of my heart... please implement sprite selection asap.
    Aldore King Rain is a unit who's sprite looks insanely good, one of my absolute favourites. Until he hits 7*. His chair ruins the entire sprite for me. It's really cool for the victory animation but please not on his idle animation!!!!! Please please change it. If it wasn't there I would've UoC'd that guy already.
    Also his sword sometimes faces the wrong direction in a couple of his animations. Not sure if it's intended.

Now, the actual review!

His base stats are great with high HP, DEF and SPR as well as high ATK. His passives are ALSO great. With his own TMR he has 90% HP, 20% MP, 110% DEF, 30% SPR and 170% ATK with 200% TDH! After the Aigaion trial you'll drop 50% ATK but that's fine, I'll get to that later on. His SPR is on the low-ish side and as a TDH unit isn't as easy to get up, but he has access to a high HP stat despite not being a TDW unit and also has a 100% reliable guts passive!
    Since he's also resistant against blind, sleep, paralyze, confusion and petrification he should be quite easy to use without too much additional set up. Additionally he has 50% fire, earth and lightning resistance, which definitely can make gear requirements easier in many trials.

Aldore King Rain has a few niche abilities that are self-explanatory, but even then can be very good due to being W-/T-Castable in any situation.
    - Twin Saber, actually bad
    - Aldore Leader, also pretty bad
    - Force Saber, decent self MP recover (48 effectively) and builds up chain
    - Nullifying Sbaer, AoE Dispel at any point, great!
    - True Undermine, okay-ish emergency break
    - Blood for Battle, good mod boost but sadly unnecessary for his kit

Now, he has another very self-explanatory ability with Energy Wall - Rise, but since it's an AoE 3000 HP barrier that can be casted at any time, I can only empaphise on how much of a life saviour this can be for both him as well as his team!

All of his chains except for his LB chain with the Stardust Ray family.

In terms of elements he can use, Aldore King Rain can self imbue for 5 turns with Earth, Lightning and most importantly fire. They all chain with their respective element and imperil for 5 turns 80% of the respective resistance. The main reason why you'd want fire the most is due to his upgraded LB having an upgraded fire imperil, but we'll get to that later on.

His strongest on-demand chain sadly is only being used once in the entire 10 turn rotation. It's not really as important due to his large focus on Limit Bursts and CD abilities. It has a backloaded 425% modifier that stacks up to a 800% modifier in total but also has a 50% DEF ignore. So if you were to use Blood for Battle, it'd go up to a 1250% modifier.

On Turn 1 the imbue sabers as well as Grandshelt Saber both get a free 400% modifier increase, which can be very helpful for event boss clearing. This means that the imbues now have a 750% modifier and Grandshelt Saber on Turn 1 a 1625% / 1750% modifier.

This might sound a bit shocking, but Aldore King Rain has 6 different CD abilities that, except for one, all are being used! Now, they are actually quite easy to use as you can see in the rotation but I'll tell you when you should use them anyway.

Starting off with the least relevant one, Healing Blood. Available at Turn 1 with a 3 turn cooldown, all it does is recover 5000 HP and 50 MP to all allies, which is fine if you need it but in general won't be used a whole lot.

Then he has three different saber CD abilities. One is available at Turn 2, the other at Turn 3 and the last one at Turn 6.

Extra Saber, which is available at Turn 2, will be used every other turn from Turn 3 onwards due to its effect. It has a backloaded 1600% modifier that ALMOST fully fills his LB gauge everytime you use it. He'd still need 4 LB crysts, but if you are using 2x Marshal Glove for example you'd get it guaranteed. With Heart Overcoming Hatred he'd miss exactly 2 crysts, but those are really easy to gain so I'll assume you'll get the LB every other turn.

Royal Saber is available at Turn 3 and has a backloaded 1500% modifier. That's it.
    Pretty much the same for King's Saber but with a 1800% backloaded modifier and being available at Turn 6. These will be used whenever we can fit them in but they aren't as high priority.

The 2 remaining CD abilities however are very high priority and should be used any time you can.

Soul Blood is available at Turn 1 with a 4 turn cooldown, fills up his entire LB, grants a 1 turn 40% phys mitigation for himself to ensure he'll survive and then boosts his LB damage by 220% on the next turn. This buff can't be dispelled luckily. So basically every other LB will have a huge modifier boost.

If this wasn't nuts already, Complete Awakening, which is also available at Turn 1 with a 6 turn cooldown, not only buffs his own ATK by 250% for 4 turns but also breaks the enemy's defence by 74% for effectively 5 turns! It grants him T-Cast for the next 4 turns and therefore you'll only have one turn without T-Cast in the rotation.

Before talking about his LB, keep in mind that despite using his Limit Burst every other turn, Aldore King Rain can be very MP hungry. Extra Saber costs 120 MP, Complete Awakening 150 and both Royal / King Saber 95~115 MP. It's easier to keep his MP up compared to other units since you don't need it right away on the LB turn, but it's still a relatively high MP consumption.

Now... his Limit Burst.
    At max level it has a 1750% modifier with 50% DEF ignore as well as a 2 turn 120% AoE fire imperil. It perfectly chains with Hyoh's Limit Burst if you're interested in trying him out as a friend unit.
    Now... with the build I provided you'll have 190% LB damage, which already bumps the LB up to a 10150% modifier, which is strong but not huge yet.
    If you use his Limit Burst after Soul Blood... you'll have yourself a 17850% modifier with an 80% imperil on Turn 2 and a 120% imperil on every LB afterwards.
    This means Aldore King Rain actually has a higher burst than Bartz already on Turn 2! VS Bartz's Turn 6!!! It's even higher than Karten's burst in most team compositions.

How does he fare in the meta?
    Aldore King Rain
    is a huge damage dealer with a Burst on Turn 2 that's higher than Bartz's one. And as most of you hopefully know, Bartz's burst is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

He mostly wants to focus on the fire element from his imbues, however if your team has a high lightning or earth imperil then you can easily use those just as efficiently. You'd lose a good chunk of damage swapping to Lightning / Earth but even then his damage is in the range of the highest damage dealers, so don't feel bad to use them if the boss is immune or resistant to fire.

Aldore King Rain is quite sturdy and can be even bulkier with Odin's 10% HP nodes alongside IW enhancements through the rare ability and would also receive a good damage boost from IW enhancements, too, since he isn't even close to capping his ATK! He is one of the few units where I'd solely focus on ATK nodes alongside the rare ability.

For the displayed build, once the Scorn of Aigaion drops, he'll receive another decent damage boost as his best option would be the new Aigaion knuckle with high ATK and being 2h with higher variance than Lion Heart. He'd lose out on a 50% ATK passive, but that's more than fine.

On top of that, if you were around the DQXI event, you could have purchased Eleven's Moogle or even pulled him from the 30k EP pull. His TMR would grant Aldore King Rain another 20% LB damage! But since I'm not including limited TMRs, we won't assume it.

As of right now he sits at the #1 spot, is easy to use except for being quite MP hungry, and has very convenient bursts. You can plan the fight well with him as his off-turns are definitely below average while his Limit Bursts well... they really burst. As the name suggests.

His TMR is a really good one for every LB user that can equip heavy armors. 30% LB damage is nothing to laugh at.
    His STMR really isn't needed but great for optimising his own kit as it adds 50% TDH and therefore grants him either an accessory slot or a materia slot, which both do improve his stats well enough to the point where whales might want to pick it up. Outside of that though, I wouldn't recommend chasing it since you'll most likely still keep his TMR equipped anyway.

Build + Maths:
    Lion Heart (150 ATK, 2h)
    Prishe's Hairpin (45 ATK, 10% HP/MP)
    King Rain's Armor (28 ATK, 45 DEF, 10% HP, 30% LB Damage) + 50% TDH
    Storm Kickers x2 (90 ATK, 20 DEF, 40% HP, 30% LB Damage)
    Buster Style (100% TDH)
    War Goddess' Insignia (30% ATK / LB Damage)
    Heart Overcoming Hatred (50% LB Damage)
    Fierce Greatsword User (70% ATK)

Stats with Ttan 3*:
    13544 HP
    481 MP
    2369 ATK
    646 DEF
    362 SPR

190% LB Damage

ATK post 100%: 2643
    ATK post 250%: 3054
    Assuming spark chains

Rotation:
    Turn 1: Soul Blood + Complete Awakening + Blaze Saber
    Turn 2: Limit Burst
    Turn 3: Grandshelt Saber + Royal Saber + Extra Saber
    Turn 4: Limit Burst
    Turn 5: Soul Blood + Blaze Saber + Extra Saber
    Turn 6: Limit Burst
    Turn 7: Complete Awakening + Extra Saber
    Turn 8: Limit Burst
    Turn 9: Soul Blood + Blaze Saber + King's Saber
    Turn 10: Limit Burst

Turn 1: 3054^2 x 7.5 x 3.8335 x 1.4 x 1.3 = 488052098
    Turn 2: 3054^2 x ( 35 x 5.1 ) x 3.8335 x 2 x 1.3 = 16593771346
    Turn 3: [ 3054^2 x ( 1 x 3.3895 + 3.25 x 4 ) + 3054^2 x 15 x 4 + 3054^2 x 16 x 4 ] x 2.2 x 1.3 = 3744887071
    Turn 4: 3054^2 x ( 35 x 2.9 ) x 3.8335 x 2.2 x 1.3 = 10379241293
    Turn 5: [ 2643^2 x 3.5 x 3.8335 + 2643^2 x 16 x 4 ] x 2.2 x 1.3 = 1546671559
    Turn 6: 2643^2 x ( 35 x 5.1 ) x 3.8335 x 2.2 x 1.3 = 13670803704
    Turn 7: 3054^2 x ( 4 x 3.3895 + 12 x 4 ) x 2.2 x 1.3 = 1642058404
    Turn 8: 3054^2 x ( 35 x 2.9 ) x 3.8335 x 2.2 x 1.3 = 10379241293
    Turn 9: [ 3054^2 x 3.5 x 3.8335 + 3054^2 x 18 x 4 ] x 2.2 x 1.3 = 2278503414
    Turn 10: 3054^2 x ( 35 x 5.1 ) x 3.8335 x 2.2 x 1.3 = 18253148481

Average Turn 1-10: 7,897,637,866
    -> 128% of Dark Knight Leon's damage ( 6,181,486,929 )
    -> 123% of Radiant Lightning's damage ( 6,432,619,393 )
    -> 119% of WoL Bartz's 16 Turns damage ( 6,633,332,882 )
    -> 117% of Riku's damage ( 6,720,634,445 )
    -> 113% of Godrea's damage ( 6,983,894,224 )

Character Design: 7.5/10
    Sprite: 3/10 with the chair, 10/10 without
    Chainer: 9.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 9/10
    STMR: 9/10
    Arena: 8.5/10
    Limit Burst: 9.5/10
    Future Proof: 8.5/10
    Free 2 Play: 9/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10

Conclusion:
    Do you like big bursts?
    Do you like Rain?
    Do you like chairs?
    If all of these apply, I can highly suggest you to pull for Aldore King Rain. For me personally, I don't like the chair and thus I won't pull for him, which is unfortunate.
    He's convenient to use with consistently high bursts and weak off-turns, good innate resistances with a good HP / DEF pool alongside a reliable guts passive. His MP can lack behind if you aren't careful but generally said should be fine on most teams.
    His damage can be boosted even further if you have any buffers on your team as on some turns he won't have his 250% ATK buff up and in my rotation drops down to a 100% ATK buff instead.
    In terms of meta comparisons he is a TDH unit, so keep that in mind. Swapping out different gear for killers etc. will affect him more than TDW units but he should still be on top regardless. With the upcoming Aigaion Knuckle he'll also gain a free 75% human killer.
    Generally said, he's definitely a good unit to pull and due to the changes to the gacha rates also even easier to get compared to the older units.
    He even has decent supportive capabilities through a spammable AoE 3000 HP barrier, an AoE dispel as well as an occasional 5k HP recover with 50 MP. Not huge but definitely worth using occasionally.
    Now... if only he didn't have that damn chair!

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed and again, my apologies for the delay. Next weekend there MIGHT be a delay due to me actually getting a switch now. If a friend decides to come over to play pokemon, most likely delayed. If not, expect the saturday review.

Memel0rd out

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Hmmm, I am tempted to go lighting because of bahatear but other than that, yeah, fire is the way to go.

Thanks for the review as always, meme

Also first???!!!!

Ferax, Person, keoten and 6 others like this.
  3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Forum-Crash-L0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    That always works! But there aren't too many units that provide a 120% lightning imperil right now.

Seven, BigNBald5 and Shr like this.
  4. MikePro

MikePro Spooky Spooky

eIgnis is Krain best friend,with the right build ~5 lb/turn (2 gloves+kyanos) you can basically spam that lb,pretty cool!
    Also i cant wait for aigaion weapon::rudecat1::

Ferax, Seven, Masvroh and 3 others like this.
  5. SageZer0

SageZer0 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    062 265 399
    Leads:
    KRain,Eleven,Veronica,Elena,SCharlotte
    Couple things here. First, a cautionary tale with the (great!) new summoning system: be careful with your select tickets.

-I decided to pull for rain on the guaranteed 5* banner. Got King Rain in one pull. Decided to try again, failed. Spent 5 UoC on 10k lapis, failed on both. out of Lapis. UoC Prism Rain (which I should've done immediately). Also, that should be the end of my story.
    -Realized DieZell's TMR is awesome. Decided to spend 4*+ tickets pulling for a few DieZell to finish. Spent 5 tickets - two more K. Rains. Still need DieZell. Spend 10 more. Another K.Rain. Now I'm annoyed: should've done _this_ first.
    -Spend remaining tickets trying to get 6th rain. Fail. Get rest of available summoning tickets from current events. Get another K. Rain on another 4*+ ticket, so now I have 2 7* King Rain and his STMR. Great, I guess.
    -Spend all my orbs trying to get decent enhancements on the STMR. Finally up to +24% atk, but I'd like to get it 30 and wasting all day on it. Given the uselessness of boosts under 5%, autoboosts, and off-stat enhancements, Melfikya is easily the most poorly designed feature on a game that is increasingly becoming just a time sync outside of the (very good) story events and (ok) challenging trials.

(and yes, criticizing Gumi days after they abandoned the limited festival summons, fixed latent abilities, added prisms immediately to the UoC pull, and finally took steps to "refine" the summon pool is very poor form. However, when good things happen, the unfixed features look really bad.)

So be careful with your select tickets.

Also, it is probably bad for a Math Professor to say this, but I thoroughly distrust video game RNGs. My rainbows have ALWAYS clustered on this game. 4 Karlettes in one pull. 7 of multiple 5* bases, 9 Cids total, 6 Kaitos in a month, and on and on etc. etc. As another example, frequently when playing Diablo III, I would get two legendaries (or even ancients) of the exact same type in one game play session, then never see one again for months. Over the population, sure, they are random. But for a single user... not so much.

In this particular case, this is AWESOME... for me. Might mean others can't pull Rain to save their life :(

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Ferax, BurningKarma, Seven and 6 others like this.
  6. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    I like big bursts and I can not lie...

AnnieMae, Ferax, Cloudjim and 12 others like this.
  7. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat, Mayor of Zombietown VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, AK Rain, KM
    0xA3
    Good work, as always.

I totally agree with you on the chair. Ruins the whole thing and putting him in spot 3 for easy chaining blocks my view of the rest of the party. Was planning on not pulling him at all, but got one copy on the free 10+1, and a second from a 4* ex ticket, so now I'm looking at actually building and using him...

Sigh... Looks like I have to chase the LB gear after all...

Wdiggums, Cylian and Tamamo05 like this.
  8. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Riku Bartz Folka SS Charlotte Tsukiko
    Great review as always. I hope you enjoy your Switch ::up::, definitely my favorite gaming console (besides my pc)

Tamamo05 likes this.
  9. Jianto

Jianto Well-Known Member Supporter

Confirmed memelord hate chairs :-P

Ranzo, Phlucious, Khidir and 3 others like this.
  10. Hel

Hel Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Aldore King Rain
    Thank you so much for your hard work. I was hesitant to "dress" him, because I couldn't understand what was best for him, but I feel much more confident in my capabilities to build him decently now that I have read your review! Thank you!

11. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I love my chair! :D But I wouldn't want a sprite with me and the chair.

Cylian, Regalia, Jianto and 3 others like this.
  12. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Am I the only one who wishes the chair was bigger? I loved when WKN was my main magic tank.

TheKillingJoke and Tamamo05 like this.
  13. hotaru251

hotaru251 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    This guy needs a mana battery to keep him going w/o interuption. about my only down side.

14. Raindah

Raindah "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    esther, sophie, cid... ask for others
    Lol i have a similar history... i pulled 1 Krain with 5k lapis first step... inmediately spent 8 uoc for prism... next day used 1x 4* ticket chasing 4* and came rainbow ... got another krain... and then pulled half daily pull... rainbow and 4ยบ Krain!... well stmr but i think that my uoc are wasted cause i didnt want his sword after all...

15. Darinoka

Darinoka Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rain/Elena/Zeno/Circe
    170s
    Chair not that big of a deal, really. Yes, without it it would be better but to miss such a magnificent unit because of the furniture...

16. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    If you use R. Lightning as a breaker, you have your ALWAYS available 120% imperil as well as reliable 60%/70% breaks always avail, esp with the "auto" break on the next turn if used after her CD. you just gotta survive turn 1 ::kefka::.

17. Tumalu

Tumalu Ascended Member

Errrrr my Eleven does a great job, 120% lightning AND fire imperil. Gotta love it.

SageZer0 likes this.
  18. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    You monster!!!!

This is why we can't have nice things.

::ink::

19. Xacques

Xacques "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    Elena cant perfectly chain with his lb??? I thought it can :(

Tamamo05 likes this.
  20. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    Along bignbald5 suggestion, CG sakura has 120% CD imperil which need a lot of cryst to enhance (why am I so salty about this one enhancement??)

Elena could chain her LB but she moved from her place, so not a perfect chain I guess.

I'm wondering how much damage K.Rain would do if he doesn't chain his LB? Like dropped very much or something? Coz chaining is the heart of this game :-P

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Ranzo and Xacques like this.