1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Amelia (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Nyx frens pls Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nyx | JP: Hyou
    A maid who serves the imperial court of Zoldaad. She works as a regular maid in service of the crown prince Shera, although this is just a cover to hide her true identity. Formerly known as "Dual Gunner Amelia" during her times as a mercenary, she will not hesitate to use her twin pistols against any who dare lay a finger on her prince. Today's topic will about one of the most desirable units for all those Waifu Collectors out there. No shout outs for you, only husbandos @Parade

Amelia Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]
    @Akari is that what you wanted?

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG]4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Apron Dress (Clothes) - +49 DEF/SPR ; +30% ATK when equipped with a Gun

[​IMG]6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3520 (+450) Mag: 122 (+30)
    MP: 148 (+75) Def: 125 (+30)
    Atk: 134 (+30) Spr: 125 (+30)

4*: Lvl 42 - DEF + 20%
    5*: Lvl 22 Gunner - Increase ATK/DEF (20%) when equipped with a gun
    5*: Lvl 73 - ATK + 20%
    6*: Lvl 1 Two Hand - Allow use of guns in both hands, except two-handed guns
    6*: Lvl 72 - HP + 20%
    4*: Lvl 3 Kick (9 MP / 3-Hit) - Physical damage (1.1x) to all enemies

4*: Lvl 3 Burst Shot (6 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1x) with critical hit to one enemy

4*: Lvl 3 Scattershot (12 MP / 1-hit) - Physical damage (1.1x) to all enemies

4*: Lvl 18 Leg Shot (12 MP / 1-hit) - Physical damage (1.3x) to one enemy ; Decrease DEF/SPR (30%) for 3 turns to one enemy

4*: Lvl 18 Arm Shot (12 MP / 1-hit) - Physical damage (1.3x) to one enemy ; Decrease ATK/MAG (30%) for 3 turns to one enemy

4*: Lvl 60 Ricochet (35 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) to all enemies ; Inflict stop (30%) for 3 turns to all enemies

5*: Lvl 48 Rapid Fire (16 MP / 6-Hit) - Physical damage combo (1-6 times, 1x each, 3.5x average) to random enemies

5*: Lvl 80 Trigger Happy (57 MP) - Increase ATK/DEF (45%) for 5 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 31 Killer Bullet (45 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (2.1x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy

6*: Lvl 100 Disorder (25 MP / 10-Hit) - Physical damage (2x) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 65 Cura (7 MP) - Heal (400 HP, 3x) to all allies
    6*: Lvl 84 Curaja (15 MP) - Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies

6* Limit Burst:
    Operation End (Base): 20-Hit Physical damage (2.9x) to one enemy
    Operation End (Max): 20-Hit Physical damage (4.1x) to one enemy

Pros:
    Amelia has really good HP for a 4* unit and decent DEF stats, making her quite bulky. She gets a total of 20% HP and 40% DEF when equipped with a gun, which is honestly really really high for a 4* Base DPS unit.

Another really big pro, especially for new players, is, that she has innate DW Guns. This is awesome since everybody simply can use 2 weapons on her basically making her deal twice as much damage. Really good to have.

Amelia also brings a lot of utility to the table. She can cast innate Curaja, making her a possible side healer with DC etc.. She has Embolden to buff up your team as well as 30% ATK/MAG or 30% DEF/SPR breaks if you do lack a good debuffer. This amplifies her versatility quite a lot. Tho she also has a 30% AoE Stop. This is simply amazing for story content as well as Arena content. And also gets drastically supported by her innate DW Guns, so you can apply that stop chance twice!

But her main ability will probably be "Disorder" against trial content. It is a 10-Hit ability and with an Amelia clone she can build a 39-Chain. For a 4* base unit, this is amazing. Somewhat of a way better Edgar but still somewhat easy to obtain compared to units like Orlandeau and such.

Also, do note that her TMR is insane (you can't hate me for that term ::rudecat5::). 49 SPR on top of 49 DEF on cloth already is really strong and also BiS for all gun users in GL. Even future units like Balthier will greatly take this TMR into account. Something that makes her pull worthy.

Cons:
    Amelia's base ATK is horrible. A 164 ATK base is simply bad in the current meta if you don't have anything to compensate that (e.g. Firion's huge killer abilities). And also she only gets innate 40% ATK Passives, again, huge drop off in terms of DPS.

But that's not the only thing letting her DPS drop like crazy. Her 10-Hit mod is a 2x Mod. That's really bad (I'll go over that again in the unit comparisons). She has so much potential wasted because of this. Her only DPS purpose is to chain, just like Edgar. Sadly, the chains won't deal crazy damage at all. Still somewhat decent damage but not even slightly meta worthy.

Another thing that's bothering me is, that she gains no SPR passives at all. She has the access to innate Curaja, which is fine, but cannot make her heal even in the slightest stronger. Her base SPR is not that insane to compensate the lack of SPR passives. Amelia should only be used as a side healer, not as a main healer (obvious one, I know).

Do note, her 30% breaks are also below average. An average breaker should at least break 40% ATK/MAG or 45-50% DEF/SPR to be somewhat valuable. Even Fullbreak is technically better than that since it's 30% to everything.

Also, as always, lack of status ailment protection.

Arena:
    She basically is a budget Noctis. Innate DW with 30% AoE stop makes her an amazing unit in the Arena for almost everyone available. I highly recommend using her. But try to cover her lack of status ailment protection, so an enemy e.g. Setzer cannot petrify her or something like that. Besides that, amazing. Good HP , AoE Stop -> All you need

Comparison: Chizuru (enhanced E & non-enhanced NE)
    [​IMG]
    - Chizuru has 5% more ATK passives and way higher Base ATK (188)
    - Both have AoE Chains
    - Chizuru chains break, Amelia's goes on
    - Chizuru's mods on her chain are way higher
    - Chizuru has innate phys. dodge chance while Amelia has higher HP and DEF
    - Chizuru's HP is awful
    - Amelia's AoE Stop > Chizuru's ST Stop
    - Amelia has supportive aspects, Chizuru has none

In pure terms of DPS, (E) Chizuru wins by ~31% of damage purely based on mods. Chizuru's equipment build also has higher attack, making her definitely superiour in terms of damage. But as I said, chizuru's chain does break thus making a finisher harder to use. But if you would only pick between 2x (E) Chizuru and 2x Amelia, chizuru would win.
    Since (NE) Chizuru deals about 30% less damage compared to the (E) Chizuru, she is somewhat on par with Amelia making Amelia definitely the better choice if Chizuru is not enhanced with Phantom Shadow +1/2.

Comparison: Setzer (Chainer)
    [​IMG]

- Setzer is one of my absolute favourite units (does not fall into account)
    - Setzer has 30% more ATK passives as well as higher Base ATK (176)
    - Both are good chainers, both chains don't break (not 100% sure)
    - Setzer has easier access to elemental chains (can equip swords)
    - Setzer's mods are higher making his chain (broken or not broken) stronger in terms of pure damage
    - Setzer has higher MP and 10% evasion chance as well as a slightly higher HP base with the same boosts and 20% DEF, making him overall more sustainable than Amelia
    - Amelia's supportive aspects are better than Setzers

Both are Arena Monsters, both are good 4* chainers. In terms of damage, I'd pick Setzer. But he does not offer an Embolden, his chain is insanely fast making every DW Finisher unusable with him. But he has way easier access to elemental chains, making him more appealing for F2P's that have some TMR's. Overall, I'd give this one to Setzer, tho the difference is not really big making it arguable which unit overall is actually better.

Trust Master Reward:
    Grab that one ASAP as long as you have Olive or as long as you will pull for any Gun user in the future! Amazing TMR.

Conclusion:
    She is a very good budget chainer with outright insane Arena potential. AoE Stops are nothing to laugh at. Her Embolden and niche Curaja make her even more valuable as a unit slot. Overall, I like her. I am only a bit disappointed in her low ATK and low mods.

@TLA 's: Should you pull?

Character Design: 7.5/10
    Sprite: 8.5/10
    Chainer: 8.5-9/10 (rather low damage)
    Finisher: 6/10
    Free 2 Play: 9/10
    Pay 2 Play: 7.5/10
    Personal Rating: 8/10
    Optimal Rating: 7-8/10

Hope you enjoyed this one. No shoutout to all waifu collectors #sorrynotsorry

Have a nice day! Memel0rd out

Luvbishie, JMR, soomon and 14 others like this.
  2. RikkuLover

RikkuLover "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Akstar
    Amelia>Olive.

#nocontest

Redtide and Krota like this.
  3. crazyturkey

crazyturkey Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: KM Bonus JP: Rinoa
    158 99
    Sooo... 2x Amelia with an Olive finisher. Guess I'll have to pull 3 of her to get my full carnage maid team of destruction going. Thanks for the awesome review as always.

4. Akari

Akari Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen, Rem or Oldmandeau
    Rizerbomb strikes yet again...::ink::

Amelia is top tier waifu/chainer/arena cancer/girlfriend, you name it, she can do it. If you're without a Noctis, fret not. You are now able to take care of those pesky evade whoring whales in arena without an incident. Replacing Oldmandeau companion with her for a bit while we await our next somewhat difficult challenge.::=3::

LatiusLapis, rkl303 and Memel0rd like this.
  5. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Let's not forget that her TMR is also BiS for all husbandos.

Attached Files:

Goddess Nyx, Redtide, Khidir and 3 others like this.
  6. Veralian

Veralian "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Usually Auto LB Nichol
    Even Rizer looks good in it and that speaks volumes.

Memel0rd likes this.
  7. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Nyx frens pls Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    The Rizerbombs will never stop ::ink::

Wtf, where did you found this x.x

Rizer looks good in everything ::rudecat5::

8. Lumina

Lumina Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Would she rock on Arena if I join her Ricochet+Blizzard Flask+Blizzard Flask? I am looking for better (and non 5*) units to stop those evade builds on arena D:

9. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ofc she would!

Lumina likes this.
  10. LinzoReborn

LinzoReborn Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    *le gasp*

A dual gun using unit that ISN'T total trash?

That's surprising!

(Also I see you like Rizer)

Memel0rd likes this.
  11. Nukesof

Nukesof Ascended Member Supporter

"Chizuru has 5% more ATK passives and way higher Base ATK (188)" well the extra slot not needing to add DW makes up for it 30% or 30 atk.

And like you say for new players getting mats for enhancment on chiz +getting 2x DW to chain with chiz is a long way to go for many but they probebly dont have those 30% or 30atk either.

To chain with finisher with 2 chiz require (2 or 3 DW depending on your finisher) - Amelia require (0 or 1 DW depending on your finisher).

All love to Amelia and her guns!

Memel0rd likes this.
  12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I agree with you, amelia is very good for such low "costs". But I think I also said that in my review, did I not?

13. Nukesof

Nukesof Ascended Member Supporter

Yeah and i wrote "and like you say"

Memel0rd likes this.
  14. Yamahako

Yamahako Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mercedes, Ashe
    You aren't kidding about her bulkiness...

I was using the unit calculator with what gear I have already (I don't have a ton of TMRs - though I added the new event drop) and wow is her HP and Def high! Her spirit isn't terrible either for when you get to get a heal off. Nothing on this list is really rare or hard to get - and she's at a single point below 6800 HP!

• Amelia 6 Star
    • FFBEDB Unit Calculator
    • Right Hand: Dragon's Roar +78ATK+DragonKiller+Waking Instinct
    • Left Hand: Rigels +60ATK
    • Head: Whitebrim +18ATK+15DEF/SPR+15%MP
    • Body: Tabby Suit +30DEF+20SPR+10%HP/MP+100%Poison
    • Accessory 1: Radiant Egg +10%ATK+10%DEF
    • Accessory 2: Radiant Egg +10%ATK+10%DEF
    • Ability 1: Swelling Power +10%HP/ATK
    • Ability 2: Follower's Oath +10%ATK/HP
    • Ability 3: Follower's Oath +10%ATK/HP
    • Ability 4: Follower's Oath +10%ATK/HP
    • Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
    • Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
    • Total Stats: HP: 6799 MP: 301 ATK: 537 DEF: 323 MAG: 173 SPR: 211

15. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    I made it myself XD

Memel0rd likes this.
  16. jungeMann

jungeMann Ascended Member

So very important thing to add would be the weapon options for elemental chaining.
    Which are none?

Or she doesnt need ele because she can dual wield and her chain go up to 38 physical and thats capping already?
    Must mention this in the Review for sure, pal. Took me a while to understand.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  17. Jaroid

Jaroid Ascended Member

Noctis refuses outright to be mine, so Amelia is a god send for me in arena. I am absolutely loving her joining the team. Was going off arena a little with almost every team seeming to have 2-3 Noctis making every round a gamble waiting for the blizzard flask of annihilation to arrive.

Now with Amelia its retribution time :)

18. Poots

Poots "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eYun, eTidus, eTT, eLando
    This is a huge reason why I have no desire to pull for her. If you're using her innate DW, the only elemental weapons for her are Sparky (Olive's TM) and the Candy Gun (Christmas event). You could give her a fist or a dagger to get elements, but then you're spending a materia slot on DW and losing out on damage.
    For new players, she's great. For people who have a solid to good team already, and don't need her TMR, meh (outside of Arena).

19. jungeMann

jungeMann Ascended Member

But why do you want elemental chain?
    If she can cap on damage with a normal chain, thats effectivly the same. 30hit physical chain is already maxed out.

Oh if you want the chain to self enhance like Orlandude yea it makes sense.
    Im only gonna use her for the chain itself and finish with Olive.

20. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Because elemental chains cap way earlier thus making the chain way stronger. You chain is capped at the hit of the 9 elemental chain -> 21 hits are stronger etc which is in total way more.