1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Beach Time Fina (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd FFX-l0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Cid | JP: Akstar
    A young girl who emerged from an earth crystal. Because she has amnesia, she relies on impulse to guide her actions, which can often cause trouble for her comrades. Having woken in a strange world without her memories, she struggles with confusion and anxiety, but displays great inner strength in joining Rain and Lasswellon their quest. But also, Beach Time Fina and Rizer were watching too much DBZ together.... It's time for a fusion.
    Quick Note: I am currently doing a Special Review Poll, check it here out and reply with the name of the unit you want to be special reviewed!

Beach Time Fina Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG]4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | Innate 30% Water Resistance
    Trust Master Reward: Fina's Swimsuit (Clothes) - DEF+18, SPR+50, 30% Water Resistance, Auto-Regen, Females only

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 2775 (+390) Mag: 137 (+26)
    MP: 193 (+85) Def: 115 (+26)
    Atk: 115 (+26) Spr: 149 (+26)

4*: Lvl 40 - SPR + 10%
    5*: Lvl 31 - MP + 20%
    6*: Lvl 1 Instant Cure - Chance to counter physical attacks (30%) with Heal (800 HP, 3.4x) to all allies
    4*: Lvl 1 Aquatic Veil (12 MP) - Increase water resistance (70%) for 3 turns to all allies

4*: Lvl 13 Pray (3 MP) - 50% chance to heal (100 HP, 1x) to all allies

4*: Lvl 18 Aim (3 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.2x) to one enemy

4*: Lvl 42 Entrust (18 MP) - Use own LB gauge to fill ally's gauge

5*: Lvl 72 Cheer (48 MP) - Increase ATK/DEF (40%) for 3 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 61 Aqua Fall (16 MP) - Reduce water resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies

6*: Lvl 100 Refreshing Ale (23 MP) - Refresh (10 MP, 0.3x) split over 3 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 100 Lovely Charm (16 MP) - Inflict charm (15%) for 1 turn to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 1 Cure (3 MP) - Heal (150 HP, 3x) to one ally
    4*: Lvl 5 Blindna (3 MP) - Cure blind to one ally
    4*: Lvl 6 Vox (3 MP) - Cure silence to one ally
    4*: Lvl 15 Shell (4 MP) - Increase SPR (20%) for 3 turns to one ally
    4*: Lvl 20 Poisona (3 MP) - Cure poison to one ally
    4*: Lvl 26 Protect (4 MP) - Increase DEF (20%) for 3 turns to one ally
    4*: Lvl 28 Cura (7 MP) - Heal (400 HP, 3x) to all allies
    4*: Lvl 34 Banish (3 MP) - Light magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 55 Cleanse (5 MP) - Cure disease to one ally
    5*: Lvl 44 Curaga (9 MP) - Heal (800 HP, 3.4x) to one ally
    6*: Lvl 24 Curaja (15 MP) - Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies
    6*: Lvl 85 Raise (12 MP) - Revive one KO'd ally (30% HP)

6* Limit Burst:
    Heaven's Waters (Base): 1-Hit Water magic damage (2.7x) to all enemies
    Heaven's Waters (Max): 1-Hit Water magic damage (3.9x) to all enemies

Pros:
    Beach Time Fina (BT Fina from now on) starts of with a pretty good SPR base and an awesome MP stat, both also receive slight passives. SPR + 10% and MP + 20%, which not only increase her survivability, but also slightly increase her healing powers.
    BT Fina also has an innate 30% water resistance, which is quite important for her later kit. But it's also very niche since we do not have a lot of water bosses / enemies in the current content, still, it increases her survivability for free.

Not only that, she has a 30% chance upon receiving a physical hit to counter with a slightly lowered Curaja. Really nice since you don't need to waste MP + do not need to waste a turn on an extra Curaja. This can help you out in sticky situations. Nothing to complain with that one, free heals are always nice to have.

Next up, her niche continues on with Aquatic Veil. She can AoE buff your party's water resistance by 70%, which is basically Bar-Waterga and thus the strongest water resistance buff currently. This can help in niche situations against water enemies + BT Fina already has an innate 30% water resistance so she goes up to 100% resistance just like that. Amazing as a healer for water heavy bosses since her survivability becomes really strong.

Moving on, her Entrust is just like every other ones, always nice. If you got team members that really appreciate to use their LB's like future Rikku, Olive, Ace,.... you can definitely support them pretty good with Entrust.

Cheer, again, is a pretty nice buff currently. AoE 40% ATK/DEF is always really good to have since it not only increases your physical DPS, but also your physical survivability. Regarding the increase of DPS, her Aqua Fall can be quite helpful, too! An AoE 50% water imperil is actually pretty nice, especially since many of us got several Camilles from the last banner and the ones who farmed her TMR really quick can utilize this Imperil quite good. The imperil is also very handy for F2P Mages like Zyrus.

I'll talk about Refreshing Ale in a sec, but first, let's talk about Lovely Charm. It's the same story with S.D.Fina but it's "only" a 15% chance this time to charm the enemy for one turn. This is pretty hard gambling but can be a nice reward if you actually pull it off. Many bosses do not have a charm resistance (from what I know) and therefor you can stop them for one turn once they are charmed.

Refreshing Ale is probably her best ability. It's basically an AoE MP regen on a HEALER. It scales with SPR, so the MP Regen will probably a lot higher than the ones from Noctis or Aileen. Really good since MP Regens are very rare and are very valuable on top of it. If you lack the MP in fights, this is the ability to go.

BT Fina has access to Curaja and Raise, which both are a must have in the current meta. Without Curaja or Raise, you can basically not compete with any healer anymore. So it's good to see that on her *looks at White Witch Fina*

Cons:
    BT Fina's HP stat is just... bad. She does not only get no HP passives at all, she also has a really low HP base. It's around the same as Terra's / Kefka's, and those are 3* base units. BT Fina's passives are bad, too, for the current meta. 10% SPR passives won't cut it unless you got some very unique power.
    And why does she have such a high MP stat? She has really low MP costs, there is no need for such a high MP stat in exchange for other passives.

BT Fina does not have innate DC. And she only has Raise, not even Full-Life.
    The problem with that is, she does not have anything to make her standout in comparison to other units.
    BT Fina does not have AoE Curaja with Esuna, she does not have Full-Life, no camouflage, no innate DC.
    The only thing she has is an AoE MP regen, which is nice but without DC she probably won't have the time to do anything else, really.

Something I don't get, why does she not even have Esuna and Stona? Her ability to cure status ailments is pretty much not existing. That bothers me quite a lot since status ailment cures are important for just-in-case scenarios (e.g. Echidna).

Her entrust is not too good either. BT Fina cannot fully utilize this ability since she doesn't have any LB Fillrate up passives which makes her LB fillrate so much slower compared to other units. It just takes too long to have a full LB gauge and entrust hers to someone else. Also, her own LB is awful, water magic damage. That is not even based on SPR. Ugh, really bad.

And BT Fina doesn't even have innate status ailment protection.

There is just too much wrong with BT Fina in terms of being a 4* base healer in the newest banner. Sigh

Side-Notes:

We just had the second chance to grab Y'shtola. Why would anyone want her if they could easily get another Y'shtola? Y'shtola is far surperior and is a free unit basically. BT Fina is a 4* base, that means you need to pull for her "quite a lot" for such a bad unit.
    Also, she can't even use Fina's exclusive equipment, which would have made her somewhat ok-ish, but without it.... she's just bad.

Arena:
    Besides her counter heals, she does not offer anything that makes her stand out in Arena. And water damage is basically never used in Arena, so yeah. Do not use her in Arena unless you want an useless unit in your squad.

Comparison: Luka
    [​IMG]

- Luka has way better HP stats and way higher SPR
    - Luka's buffs are very similar but defensive buffs > offensive buffs
    - Luka can use Curaja + AoE Esuna at the same time
    - BT Fina can use DC, but it's not innate
    - Luka can AoE regen your whole team that heals quite a lot
    - BT Fina as an AoE water imperil and also AoE MP Regen
    - Luka has innate MP refresh

The winner is situational. If you need an AoE MP regen or have a DC materia, I'd go for BT Fina. But keep in mind, Luka's buffs are better in terms of survivability and also she can cure almost any status ailments from your team while healing. So if the enemy frequently is afflicting status ailments, Luka would be better off as a healer.

Comparison: Refia
    [​IMG]

- Refia has higher base HP, innate HP passives, higher SPR
    - Refia has innate status ailment protection
    - Refia's Embolden is way better than BT Fina's Cheer
    - Both do not have innate DC
    - Refia has innate Full-Life, which is way better than a 30% Raise
    - BT Fina has an AoE MP regen

Refia clearly wins. Yes, she lacks the AoE MP Regen and the very niche water buffs / imperils, but her having a way higher innate survivability as well as higher stats and a Full-Life + stronger Cheer is just 10x better than a water buff. There are better unit slot options for resistance buffers.

Comparison: Y'shtola
    [​IMG]

- Y'shtola has no SPR passives
    - Y'shtola's exclusive equipment + her higher HP stats make her way more survivable than BT Fina
    - Y'shtola's LB is awesome
    - Y'shtola has innate MP Refresh
    - Y'shtola has innate 50% camouflage
    - Y'shtola has innate DC
    - Y'shtola has a ST 100% heal
    - Y'shtola's buffs are better
    - BT Fina has AoE MP Regen

Like I said earlier in the Side-Notes, there is no reason at all to go for BT Fina if you happen to have an Y'shtola. She is just straight up better, even for beginners. Innate DC, camouflage, her exclusive equipment, innate MP Refresh, it's all just way more beautiful than BT Fina's entire kit. Even if her heals are slightly stronger, it doesn't make up for the innate DC.

Comparison: Rem
    [​IMG]

- Rem is an upgraded version of Y'shtola
    - Rem has way higher base HP, way higher SPR passives and also way higher MAG passives
    - Rem's base stats are far surperior as well as her having innate MP refresh with a huge MP stat
    - Rem has innate DC
    - Rem has an innate 80% auto-revive
    - Rem's Curajas are very strong
    - Rem has awesome versatility and is currently also the strongest MAG DPS unit
    - Rem has an AoE Curaja + cure all status ailments (including petrification)

Rem straight up wins. If you lose againsts Y'shtola, you instantly lose against Rem. She just has basically the same concept as Y'shtola with upgraded abilities, stats, and even a way better Red Mage aspect.

Comparison: Tilith
    [​IMG]

- Both have awful HP stats, but Tilith has innate HP passives
    - Tilith has way higher SPR as well as stronger passives
    - Tilith can instantly heal 50 MP to your entire party (except herself)
    - Tilith's innate MP refresh is a beast (10% per turn)
    - Tilith has an innate 75% camouflage
    - Tilith has an AoE 100% health recover
    - Tilith has an AoE 100% HP Raise
    - Tilith has an AoE Dispel
    - Tilith has an AoE Stat Debuff resistance (100%)
    - Tilith has an AoE All Elements Resistance Buff (40%)
    - Tilith has an AoE 40% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR buff
    - Tilith has an AoE Curaja + Esuna

Yeah.... Where do I start?
    Tilith does everything better than BT Fina. She has a way better elemental resistance buff, way better healing options since it's always 100% HP, an instant AoE MP refresh with 50 MP, a better stats buff with also stat debuff resistance, her raise is AoE and 100%, it's just...
    Tilith 100% wins.

Trust Master Reward:
    It's pretty good, but nothing I'd highly recommend going for. Auto-Regen is generally bad and thus it's basically a water resistance cloth with a lot of SPR. Robes are still better overall.

Conclusion:
    BT Fina is really bad. Please, do not go for her at all. Only if you lack any healer, go for her. But TBH, even 6* Fina should be better.
    The only real niche over any other healer besides Tilith is, that she has an AoE MP Regen, which doesn't really cut it in my eyes.

@TLA 's: Should you Pull?

Character Design: 5/10
    Sprite: 7/10
    Chainer: 0/10
    Finisher: 0/10
    Free 2 Play: 6/10
    Pay 2 Pay: 1/10
    Personal Rating: 4/10
    Optimal Rating: 3/10

Ugh, bad units, low motivation. RIP

Have a nice day!

Memel0rd out

JMR, LAFORGUS, Redtide and 7 others like this.
  2. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    I don't understand why the holiday units don't get to use the exclusive equipment. Would it have been so terrible to let Demon Rain, Dracu Lasswell, White Witch Fina, and Beach Time Fina get small bonuses?!

Redtide, Khidir, Jman1115 and 3 others like this.
  3. Lionhear

Lionhear Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Leader Noctis 763 atk dual wield
  4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd FFX-l0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Neither do I. They are already not really good.

LMAO

5. kurizu

kurizu Kupo!!! <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Hyou | JP Akstar / Cid / CG Terra
    For Waifu complete collection purpose ;3

Khidir and Memel0rd like this.
  6. LinzoReborn

LinzoReborn Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Well this is a pretty shitty banner

Even the first batch of Type-0 units weren't this....bleh

Also,Rizer strikes again

Redtide and Memel0rd like this.
  7. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

Although not an optimal unit I appreciate the in depth review, actually I like it better than Jet's.

Parade and Memel0rd like this.
  8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thank you! If you're reading my reviews frequently, you'd know I always do in-depth reviews :). The only exception was the story unit review (3 in 1), but I generally didn't like writing it as I said at the end of it.

Redtide and Khidir like this.
  9. Armiger

Armiger Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ramza/Aileen
    Great review as always, Memes ::rudecat5::
    [​IMG]

I didn't really read it tho ;)

Redtide, Memel0rd and Parade like this.
  10. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I bet you read it and just pretend that you didn't so people will think that you are somewhat cool at last ::rudecat5::

Parade likes this.
  11. Armiger

Armiger Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ramza/Aileen
    I bet you my car, I didn't. ::rudecat5::

Memes, please stop forcing me to like your threads...::rudecat4:::rolleyes:

jk ::evil::

Parade likes this.
  12. Biscut

Biscut Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Refia
    But but...the 2 piece bikini...and the butch haircut....how could anyone say no to getting this??

13. Redtide

Redtide YoRHa No.2 Type E VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Shadow
    I have been pondering this myself. I guess the coding is just beyond Gumi. ::ink::

14. Redtide

Redtide YoRHa No.2 Type E VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Shadow
    I agree Rizer is a better pull.

15. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive OK Tidus
    Everybody should save 1750 lapis this week. Banner is the worst I've ever seen in my ffbe career.

16. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat
    I came here to Like meme's post. i'm against Re-Heated characters.

17. ejx220

ejx220 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra/A2
    Thank you for the review. I figured she wouldn't be worth it... however, i was "lucky" enough to pull her... *sigh*

18. rickygck

rickygck Ascended Member

Anyone sold her after pulling?

19. ejx220

ejx220 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra/A2
    I use mine to send on expeditions! She's useful for that, at least!

20. thomastheblight

thomastheblight Active Member

anyone else notice the "Fina equipment" (that ya get from trial of pure heart) don't give her the bonuses neither?

Master Red likes this.