1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Enhanced Emperor (Final Fantasy II)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager Arena Runner-Up VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Tidus | JP: Dark Veritas
    The ruler of the empire that a rebel army opposes in tales from a distant world. The Emperor stands atop the war-hungry empire of Palamecia, and is a man with no regard for human life. Capable of terrible magic, he summons demonic forces from hell into the mortal realm to destroy the world. After leaving the kingdoms of Deist and Kashuan in ruins, he subjugates the remaining territories around him to his merciless rule. Even more disconcerting, however, he has also begun the construction of the Dreadnought, a war machine of great power capable of ruthless destruction.
    Yes, yes and yes. Oh, and yes.
    Disclaimer: This review is based on the following leaks as they seem to fit the actual enhancements news quite well.
    News: https://brave-exvius.com/threads/ab...er-20th-t-terra-emperor-demon-rain-etc.25048/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Without further ado, time for the review.

Hear this while reading the review to hype it up a bit.

Enhanced Emperor Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Mateus's Malice (Rod) - ATK+19, MAG+129, HP +10%

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3521 (+390) Mag: 149 (+34)
    MP: 184 (+65) Def: 121 (+26)
    Atk: 116 (+36) Spr: 134 (+26)

The abilities that receive enhancements are BOLD.
    5*: Lvl 12 Time Stopper (24 MP) - Inflict stop (30%) for 3 turns to all enemies

5*: Lvl 35 Subdue (20 MP) - Decrease SPR (40%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Increase SPR (60%) for 5 turns to caster

5*: Lvl 50 Fire From Below (25 MP / 1-Hit) - Fire magic damage (2x) with consecutive damage increase (2x, Max: 10) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 60 Present your offering! (14 MP / 1-Hit) - HP damage (50%) to one ally
    Recover MP (100) to caster

5*: Lvl 80 Dual Black Magic (0 MP) - Use black magic twice in one turn

6*: Lvl 92 Control (20 MP) - Increase MAG (100%) for 5 turns to caster
    Decrease SPR (20%) for 3 turns to all allies excluding caster

6*: Lvl 100 Starfall (50 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (2.3x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 40 - MP + 20%
    5*: Lvl 70 - MAG + 30%
    6*: Lvl 1 I'll never die! - Recover MP (10%) per turn
    6*: Lvl 21 Insolent fools! - Decrease chance of being targeted (75%)
    5*: Lvl 3 Firaga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Fire magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 3 Blizzaga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Ice magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 3 Thundaga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Lightning magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 27 Aeroga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Wind magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    6*: Lvl 84 Flare (35 MP / 1-Hit) - Fire magic damage (2.3x) to one enemy
    Decrease water resistance (30%) for 3 turns to one enemy

6* Limit Burst:
    Fierce Wind (Base / 16 LB-Crysts): Wind magic damage (2.7x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to all elements (25%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Fierce Wind (Max / 16 LB-Crysts): Wind magic damage (3.9x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to all elements (49%) for 3 turns to all enemies

Enhancements:
    I'll never die!
    : 6* Lvl 1 (Passive)
    Recover MP (10%) per turn

I'll never die! +1:
    Recover 10% MP per turn
    Increase HP (30%)
    Cast Auto-Regen (60 HP, 1.2x) on caster
    Cost
    : Guard (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

I'll never die! +2
    :
    Recover 10% MP per turn
    Increase HP (30%)
    Cast Auto-Regen (60 HP, 1.2x) on caster
    Add 50% chance Ignore up to 3 Fatal Attacks when HP above 40%
    Cost
    : Guard (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Fire From Below: 5* Lvl 50 (25 MP / 1-Hit)
    Fire magic damage (2x) with consecutive damage increase (2x, Max: 10) to one enemy

Fire From Below +1:
    Fire magic damage (2x) with consecutive damage increase (2x, Max: 10) to one enemy
    Reduce enemy's fire resistance (25%) for two turns
    Cost
    : Black (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

Fire From Below +2:
    Fire magic damage (2.5x) with consecutive damage increase (2.5x, Max: 10) to one enemy
    Reduce enemy's fire resistance (50%) for two turns
    Cost: Black (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Control: 6* Lvl 92 (20 MP)
    Increase MAG (100%) for 5 turns to caster
    Decrease SPR (20%) for 3 turns to all allies excluding caster

Control +1:
    Increase MAG (100%) for 11 turns to caster
    Decrease SPR (50%) for 11 turns to all allies excluding caster
    Cost: Support (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

Control +2:
    Increase MAG (200%) for 11 turns to caster
    Decrease SPR (50%) for 11 turns to all allies excluding caster
    Decrease SPR (50%) for 11 turns to all enemies
    Cost
    : Support (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Insolent fools: 6* Lvl 21 (Passive)
    Decrease chance of being targeted (75%)

Insolent fools +1:
    Increase resistance to silence and confusion (100%)
    Cost
    : Green (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

Insolent fools +2:
    Increase resistance to silence and confusion (100%)
    Boost MAG (50%) when equipped with a Rod
    Cost
    : Green (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Pre-Enhancements:
    Emperor
    was actually still a really good unit, but took time and some external setup.

Emperor's base stats are pretty high for a mage, especially his high HP and decent DEF/SPR. Which is quite important because survivability will play an important role in the new fights, especially for him.
    Regarding his passives, he had 20% MP and 30% MAG, nothing too special. You can see that those passives are quite old.
    But Emperor has an innate 10% MP refresh, which is a quite remarkable MP refresh, but this will become important later on.

In terms of survivability, Emperor was quite unique. He has a 75% camouflage, which makes him almost invincible towards ST attacks if you don't have a provoke tank, he will only have a 25% chance to get targeted.
    If you have Tetra Sylpheed (Esper) equipped on him, he has a total of 87,5% camouflage, so only a ~13% chance to get targeted. That's really good regarding him not dying. I mean....

Let's face it, Emperor has lots of useless abilties. And his only really worthwhile active ability was or rather is Fire From Below. A max. 20x modifier with fire elemental. But it has a 25 MP cost, which means Emperor EFFECTIVELY uses up 0 MP per turn. Without any MP gear. That's amazing, especially considering it has to stack up for 10 turns to reach the 20x modifier.

That's about how Emperor fared, he only had one ability that has seen usage with Fire From Below to be that insane survivable sole DPS mage or even finisher for some, but didn't stand out as finisher because he had to rely on people to fire imperil and SPR break ideally.

Post-Enhancements:
    Well, since the leaked information about Emperor fit very well with the now announced in-game news, and will MOST LIKELY be implemented like this or even a little stronger, I will treat it as actual news. It will get edited if it turns out to be wrong, but I'm really confident.

Everything gets better. Let me spoil you, Emperor will become the best magic finisher and he's a force to be reckoned with. Now, for the actual things.

Emperor gets A LOT of new things. And with that, I mean a lot.
    Basically all his previous problems get fixed FOR A CHANGE.

Starting of with the passives, we only had very few things to play with, right?
    Well now, Emperor gets another 30% HP! Which is massive, especially with his really high base HP for a mage.
    But he also gets 3x ignore fatal attacks with a 50% chance above 40% HP. FYI he should always be above 40% HP anyway.
    So you have up to three chances to not die on a nuke. That's so good for him, literally one of the best things you can have regarding survivability. And also the already existing 75% camouflage? Have fun. Fits really well to his in-game version, which just does not want to die....

Emperor did not have big MAG passives and no status ailment protection.
    Now with his GE enhancements, he ALSO gets ANOTHER 50% MAG for a total of 80% MAG also coming with confusion resistance (the silence one is useless since you never use magic on him).
    It seems like such a small change but it makes him a lot lot better because confusion is really pesky and 50% free MAG? Hell yes. (see the pun, because Emperor ruled... the hell... yeah it's not funny)

Control was useless before. Now it's amazing in any team that has Ilias, Veritas of the Earth or Tilith. You want to know why?
    Because it buffs Emperor's MAG by 200%! But it debuffs EVERYBODY else, including all enemies, by 50% in SPR. And it lasts 11 turns... coincidence? I'll explain in a sec.
    So this means Emperor can basically buff his own MAG by 200% while breaking AoE SPR for 50% for 11 turns on BOTH durations, with e.g. Veritas of the Earth's break resistance buff you won't get the SPR debuff. Amazing, it's insane what power this ability holds.

BUUUUT.
    Fire From Below. It has the best synergy now with Control.
    First, it goes up to a 250% per each cast, so 25x mod in total, which is already insanity.
    But the GE enhancements gave it a 50% fire imperil on top of it that lasts, funny enough, two turns! And keep in mind, it's still basically 0 MP per turn for Emperor due to his huge MP refresh and very low MP cost. Same goes for Control.

Control lasts 11 Turns, the fire imperil lasts two turns. You got it right. He actually has a rotation now, but make sure to have break resistance buff on your whole team:

Control +2 -> FFB +2 x10 and repeat basically

I've told you that he was not able to break SPR or imperil fire. Now he does both at excellency. A 50% SPR break means 100% higher magic damage.
    Emperor now can set up fire teams as well, which is great. And he gets himself another 50% damage increase and also a fricking 200% MAG buff. That's so much higher than Soleil's buff.
    And since the Fire From Below +2 imperil lasts 2 turns and the Control +2 buff / break it perfectly matches. The buff runs out after you reached the max modifier with Fire From Below after 10 turns.
    And Fire From Below allows him to use one ability without losing the imperil. It's just.... amazing.

His maxed Fire From Below +2 has, with the SPR break included, an innate 25x modifer * 1.5 * 2 = 75x modifier. YES PLEASE.

And his BiS stats are as follow:
    • Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
    • Left Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
    • Head: Tricky Hat +35MAG+35SPR+15%MP
    • Body: Rainbow Robe +45DEF/MAG/SPR+30%All element except Dark
    • Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
    • Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
    • Ability 1: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
    • Ability 2: Dark Bond +30%MAGw/Rod +20%MAGw/Robe
    • Ability 3: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
    • Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Light +20%HP+40%MAG+ReducedTargetChance
    With Tetra Sylphid and the 200% self MAG buff:
    HP : 6690
    MP : 390
    ATK: 278
    DEF: 270
    MAG: 1499
    SPR: 387
    CG SAKURA, CAN YOU DO THIS? I DON'T THINK SO. ::rudecat10::

Enhanced Emperor [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Veritas of the Light

- Emperor has way higher MAG base stats
    - VotL is hybrid but build as mage
    - Emperor has way higher survivability
    - VotL has an awful elemental choice with light
    - VotL has awful equipment selection
    - Both have to set up a turn if you use Control from Emperor
    - Emperor can reach absurd modifiers
    - Emperor uses up 0 MP
    - Emperor can reach huge MAG stats

No chance, just look at the numbers I've thrown out to you earlier. You think Veritas of the Light can reach these by any means?
    Of course I don't have maths now, but it should not be too hard to see this.
    Even then, Emperor has insane survivability, 0 MP issues, insane lategame scaling, a way better element than holy, decent enough equipment selection.
    Currently I don't see a way how VotL beats him by any means.
    Emperor wins.

Enhanced Emperor [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Rem

- Emperor has higher base MAG and 10% higher MAG passives
    - Rem has a very weird build path
    - Rem stacks up faster but caps at a max. 12.4x modifier
    - Emperor can reach way higher modifiers with way higher MAG
    - Emperor can AoE 50% SPR break
    - Emperor has his own imperil
    - Emperor has significantly higher survivability
    - Emperor doesn't have any MP issues

Again, I don't think there is a way Rem can outbeat him anytime. Even if Emperor is slower than her, he reaches similar modifiers like Rem has quite fast and gets even stronger afterwards. Besides, having the possibility to break SPR for 50% while basically getting a magic berserker and then spamming Fire From Below +2 is just deadly.
    While keep in mind, again, Emperor doesn't die, he wins.

Enhanced Emperor [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Enhanced Trance Terra

No. Trance Terra is a Chainer, Emperor a finisher. I ALREADY KNOW that some people will compare them. Don't. Nu-uh.
    Emperor is the true husbando btw.

Recommendations:
    Fully enhance everything if you are going to use Emperor.
    The only thing you should not enhance is Control. In case you don't run any unit that has status break resistance buffs, which can happen nowadays.

I'll never die!: Very important buff to Emperor's survivability and it's a remarkable upgrade with decent costs. Besides, Guard mats aren't used that much currently, so a definitely yes from me to enhance it.

Fire From Below: This is essentially the best enhancement of Emperor because of it's massive power. If you are going to use him, make 100% sure to enhance this the first. It uses black mats with decent costs but shows off with its power.
    I highly recommend enhancing this one.

Control: This one is rather niche regarding your team composition. As I said before, only enhance it if you are currently running Tilith or Veritas of the Earth. It's using Support crysts, so you might reconsider enhancing it. But it amplifies his prowess a lot.
    I somewhat recommend enhancing it, can't make a general statement to this.

Insolent Fools!: Yes, 50% free MAG for Emperor with decent costs. Also confusion resistance. Decent upgrade that will show its impact soon enough.
    Enhance it.

Conclusion:
    Emperor is an insane unit, huge power, huge survivability, can self sustain and setup himself massively.
    I've pretty much said everything there is to say, if you didnt consider unbenching him, I hope you do now.

Character Design: 8.5/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Finisher: 9.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 9.5/10
    Arena: 3/10
    Limit Burst: 3/10
    Free 2 Play: 8.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9-9.5/10

Use him.

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. TLA

TLA ActivelyDepressedParrot VIP

Leads:
    Whatever your heart desires bb
    [​IMG]

Emperor, insulating everyone against Fire From Below since 1988 ::rudecat13::

3. rezak

rezak Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Post maintenance is going to be really expensive for me. Emperor and two TT to enhance

sadaharu and Memel0rd like this.
  4. TheRunawayGirl

TheRunawayGirl HONK HONK VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Anything you might desire
    And I have NEITHER TTerra or Emperor! Great RNG in my view! (killmeplz)
    Great review like usual, Memeboy. I wish I had a unit like Emperor... Would destroy Aigaion, right?

Memel0rd likes this.
  5. Nano

Nano Well-Known Member

With enchanced Emperor and Tillith for the break resistance buff, how would it be a good team to defeat Aigaion?

Great review once more, Memelord!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Memel0rd likes this.
  6. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager Arena Runner-Up VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, He'll destroy aigaion :D He has his own imperils and spr breaks, just make sure to use Tiliths break resistance if you re-apply the spr break :)

7. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thats harsh, but youll do it eventually :D

8. Mr. Manco

Mr. Manco VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    omg!!!!!!! ::rudecat4::

Memel0rd likes this.
  9. Dino

Dino Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    OK TT Emp
    woot the trio tilith emp and TT once again Tilith screams I better than her lol love the review btw just wonder the cost now

10. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    T.Terra with Friend T.Terra and emperor finish will be massive.
    What I like about Emperor tho he can make your chainers go the fire route easily

11. syren555

syren555 Ascended Member

Leads:
    A2, tidus, Olive,
    can I use 2 physical chainer and finish with emperor?
    like 4x75=200 mod

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yes of course!

keKii and syren555 like this.
  13. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    @Memel0rd
    I pulled 2 Emperor's during his banner. Worth enhancing both?

Memel0rd likes this.
  14. rezak

rezak Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:

That's my plan along with Vargas (fire). I'm going to need to restructure my friends so they have a permanent healer up though

15. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    One definitely :D two I dont know, not really sure

MrPopo and Jman1115 like this.
  16. superwave

superwave Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    e.Lunera/GLS/2B/OK
    FTFY.

::ink::

Randkin and Jman1115 like this.
  17. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Any reason for not going trick hat and dark robe?

Also I hope this does not mean every man and his dog is going to be fire resistant going forward. (Shadow pun)

Finally how many do you recommend enhancing. 1, 2 or 3 :)

18. dbrimstone

dbrimstone Ascended Member

Leads:
    A2, Tidus, Ace, Trance Terra
    I'm. So. Happy. I've got him and T Terra. Friday's gonna be like Christmas

Memel0rd likes this.
  19. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Oh, I forgot about Tim TMR, gimme a sec :D
    Dark Robe is really bad in my opinion. 10 higher mag for what? Loss of all elemental resistances, 25 less SPR, 15 less DEF.

Barroth likes this.
  20. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I can relate ::rudecat1::

dbrimstone likes this.