1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Review: Enhanced Firion (Final Fantasy 2)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Beardl0rd Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Aileen | JP: CG Lid
    A young man who appears in tales from a distant world, where he features in a story of an empire and the rebellion against it. He lost his parents at a young age and was taken in by another family. He was like a true brother to their two children, Maria and Leon, and to Guy, another parentless child who came to live with them. When his homeland is destroyed by the Palamecian army, he is forced to flee. After leaving Fynn, he and his friends encounter Princess Hilda, the leader of the rebel army, and are saved by her. Without any home to return to, he, Maria, and Guy throw their lot in with the rebels. The guy with the "sexiest" sprite, right here everybody :^).

Quick Note: This is my first Enhancements Review. Please let me know about your personal opinion about them and what I could improve in the future.

Firion Enhancements Review by Memel0rd
    [​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:

[​IMG]3*
    [​IMG] 4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3537 (+390) Mag: 114 (+26)
    MP: 143 (+65) Def: 128 (+34)
    Atk: 132 (+26) Spr: 114 (+26)

Enhancements:
    Lance: 4* Lvl 56 (10 MP / 1-Hit):
    Physical damage (0.8x) with HP drain (20%) to one enemy
    Physical damage (0.3x) with MP drain (10%) to one enemy

Lance +1:
    HP Drain (30%)
    MP Drain (20%)

Cost: Power (8x T1; 3x T2) 30,000 Gil

Lance +2:
    Physical damage (1x) with HP drain (40%) to one enemy
    Physical damage (0.5x) with MP drain (30%) to one enemy
    Cost: Power (12x T1; 5x T2; 1x T3) 30,000 Gil

Legend Killer: 6* Lvl 100
    Increase physical damage against beasts, demons and dragons (75%)

Legend Killer +1:
    75% Physical Damage vs Beast, Demon, Dragon, Human, Undead
    Cost: Support (15x T1; 10x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 500,000 Gil

Legend Killer +2:
    100% Physical Damage vs Beast, Demon, Dragon, Human, Undead
    Cost: Support (23x T1; 15x T2; 12x T3; 4x T4; 1x T5) 500,000 Gil

Fin Briar: 6* Lvl 84 (16 MP / 1-Hit)
    Physical damage (1.8x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy

Fin Briar +1:
    Physical damage (2.3x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy
    Cost: Power (15x T1; 10x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4) 500,000 Gil

Fin Briar +2:
    Physical damage (2.3x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy
    Cost: Power (23x T1; 15x T2; 12x T3; 4x T4; 1x T5) 500,000 Gil

Pre-Enhancements:
    Firion was a pretty good finisher. He certainly wasn't the best one.

Firion lacked real power. He has bad ATK base stats, really low mods and his killers weren't strong enough to push him to the top. Besides that, he could still deal really strong damage to enemies he'd proc at least one of his 6 killers off.

His Fin Briar was really meh with only a total ~2.4 Mod. He had 125% Killers to Demon, Dragon, Beasts, Plants, Birds and Bugs. His Lance was also really not too good and really rarely used.

Overall, Firion was a decent 3* pre-enhancements, but was never really considered a valuable option to players who just simply had better finishers.

Post-Enhancements:
    Firion becomes a powerhouse. He will be the best finisher with full enhancements right now.

Firion now gains an additional 100% Human and Undead killer as well as boosting his previous Legend Killers by another 25%. This is really good and should not be underestimated.

Also, his Fin Briar jumps from a 2.4x mod to a 4.6x mod. This is huge. Especially since it still only costs 16 MP!!! It's almost double the damage from before just by enhancing it. Combined with his boosted killers, this makes Firion top tier and currently the best overall finisher. Even puts himself over Olive with this one. Really strong.

His Lance also can recover quite a good amount of MP now. Also, this enhancement is basically free.

Recommendation:
    In this section I will talk about what abilities should be enhanced and the reasoning behind it.

I highly recommend fully enhancing Firion. Yes, he needs a lot of TMR's to be valuable, but if you finally manage to gear him up properly, he becomes insane.

Lance: Really cheap enhancement and can be quite neat if you are in need of MP but don't want to waste an item / a MP battery slot. I'd enhance it.

Legend Killer: One of the more really expensive enhancements. 500,000 Gil and loads of T4 and 2x T5 materials will be required. But it amplifies his power quite a lot and makes him more usable against more types of enemies. In total, he has 3x 150% killers, 3x 125% killers and 2x 100% killers which cover almost any types in the game. I highly recommend enhancing it.

Fin Briar: Again, really expensive enhancement. 500,000 Gil and similar amount of materials as Legend Killer. But if you want to use Firion, this is the most important enhancement of his kit. He gains almost double the damage output by enhancing it. Like I said, I highly recommend enhancing that one as well.

Conclusion:
    Overall, Firion's enhancements are fantastic. They are somewhat expensive, but very powerful and game changing for him. Jumping from an unknown position to #1 clearly says enough about them.
    If you have the access to those mats, enhance him. If you feel like saving up for DKC or Ramza, I can only say: We will never know when they will come. Both might as well just be released in Batch 7 since they will still be really OP even 4 batches later.

Go for it!

@TLA 's: Should you enhance?

Side-Notes:
    Once Aigaion Trial is being released, BiS Firion can reach about 960 ATK without Yun's TMR. That being said, this is almost the same ATK as BiS JP. Firion right now is just insane, but comming along with such a high amount of ATK is just crazy.

Comparison: Olive
    [​IMG]
    - Firion is a Dual Wield user, Olive is a DH user
    - Olive has way higher base ATK as well as higher ATK passives
    - Firion's Fin Briar almost reaches the same mod as Olive's True Shot
    - Firion can abuse so many weapons thus almost any elemental weakness
    - Firion has 8 innate and strong killers, while Olive has 1 innate semi-strong killer
    - Olive's LB is almost spammable and way more powerful than True Shot
    - Olive can break the enemies def boosting her DMG a lot.

Firion simply if you are not using her LB wins. Even if he has about 300 ATK less than Olive right now, he is still using DW. And his Fin Briar is used twice a turn, which is almost double the mod of Olive's True Shot. Firion can also abuse Killers insanely hard, can abuse elemental weaknesses way better and can adapt to the chainers reduced elementals.
    @Jose finally did the maths:
    http://brave-exvius.com/threads/chain-finishers-firion-vs-olive.16966/

So, since most aren't running def breakers anymore (since they are useless on their own), Olive with her def break and max LB should still outdamage Firion by quite a bit. I will update this post once we got the indepth math going on.

TL;DR: Enhance him! Unless you have BiS Maxed LB Olive.

Have a nice day!

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Chronix

Chronix Member

Really happy about this because im an unlucky ass that used Firion since the beginning and gave him all TMR i have :)

And thanks for review and showing that its really worth it.

Memel0rd likes this.
  3. Carnefix

Carnefix Old School Gentleman VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Fryevia
    I will enhance him since is my only Finisher. The biggest problem is that he wants to get all the TM's Yun has and I dont want to do that.
    I might have to farm more CB's for him -.-

Edit: I forgot: great Review :D

Nor and Memel0rd like this.
  4. sadaharu

sadaharu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    i'm using Luneth as finisher at the moment, is enhanced Firion a game changer? the mats requirements is brutal for me

Edit: great review, really thankful

Memel0rd likes this.
  5. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thank you! I also have a lots of TMR's for Firion :).

Welp, I am about to hit BiS Olive. Lmao. If he doesn't proc his killers, I'll just use her. / why not both ? *shrugs*

I benched Luneth for Firion even before enhancements. Luneth's frames are just horrible in my opinion. Also, Firion is somewhat of a gamechanger. The problem is: DPS are usually not there to change the flow of the game like units e.g. Tilith or Rikku. And yes, they are expensive. But he will surely hit way harder than your Luneth will :).

6. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive Tidus
    Generally nice review. Lance is super cheap and - due to this - mandatory, can help to bring Firion to full HP also in an instant. Fin Briar and Legend Killer are costly - each requires 6x T4 and 3x T5 crysts, Support and Power (which will be needed by most other units). Very expensive, most F2P players probably don't have such amounts now. Also, it may be a bit hard to try utilize both FB hits in Setzer chain (but Chizuru is quite well synchronized). Amelia and all 5* are very elusive. BTW - Firion was very good when he got his 6* awakening.
    So, while I really like Firion, I will stay with my Olive for now. Maybe if I had Yun for his TMR...

Mcleod and Memel0rd like this.
  7. Jman1115

Jman1115 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Aileen
    With my Characters being Noctis, Yun, Aileen, Cecil, Wol, Agrias, Refia, Ysh, and Luka are any of them needing tech crysts for enhancements?

If not, it seems to make sense to upgrade him you think? I can get a 10-14 chain with my Aileen and a friend landu. I also have 2x Chizuru unenhanced I could chain him with. WHat are your thoughts?

8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Well, I do not hat Genji Gloves, but like I said, after Aigaion his BiS won't have Genji Glove and his new BiS I would already have then. 960 Atk Firion is a power house.

Though I have BiS olive almost, too. :)

LAFORGUS and Griffith like this.
  9. Barroth

Barroth Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilga 960atk/Olive 1172atk/Fry 944mag/
    i think aileen and agrias definitely will. JP for reference https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/enhancements

Jman1115 likes this.
  10. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Well, my thoughts are that he doesn't need Tech crysts.

Agrias will need Powercrysts in the future but we do not even have her 6* so her enhancements MIGHT be far away. Noctis and aileen both will take quite a while, too.
    So go for it, if you feel like it.

I would go with chaining Aileen and Landu since you can equip aileen with Excal or Durandal and do elemental chains as well.

LAFORGUS, Griffith and Jman1115 like this.
  11. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oldmandude/Tidus/2B
    Should I replace my Luneth with him? Or just wait for the Luneth enhancements?

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    If firion's killers proc (which is very likely to happen), he will outdamage Luneth :). And Enhanced Firion vs Enhanced Luneth wins even without proccing killers

13. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oldmandude/Tidus/2B
    Oh really? I thought enhanced Luneth was supposed to be a beast? Oh well another 5 star character going to waste :(

14. Mcleod

Mcleod Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chuck Norris
    I'm seriously thinking I'm biased or you are meme@
    I would like to see the math behind it, I simply do not see firion competing with olive on sustainable damage, all this 'proc' is not guaranteed is it? Compared to 1200 BiS Olive who is much cheaper to gear I do not see me including him on my party.
    I don't have all the crystals to enhace him and test it so I'll check with my friendliest is someone enhace him.

Btw good review as always just try to be more neutral on the reviews, it gives a more professional vibe I believe.

15. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth is a beast. Huge ATK Passives, Cut Through becomes a 7.5x mod. Problem is, that Firion only needs to proc his "bad" killers to top that in terms of mods. Sad thing is, retarded websites like Altema are rating Firion 94/100 whereas Luneth is 96/100.

Luneth is still really strong :).

DarKnight, LAFORGUS and Griffith like this.
  16. Armiger

Armiger Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ramza/Aileen
    10/10 review, as always ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) dammit memes youre on a roll ::rudecat5::

Memel0rd likes this.
  17. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    BiS Olive: Average Expected Output 232959
    BiS Firion rn: Average Expected Output 141934 without killers

That being said, it's so easy to proc one killer, so I'll just take his worst killers: Human / Undead (100%)
    Firion : 141934 x 2 = 283868

Also, there are only two major trials that are machine, Aigaion and the other one is 50% Machine/Human.

Firion is likely to outdamage her in every way except for machines basically. :)

msgouf, LAFORGUS, WolfsWind and 2 others like this.
  18. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Jose will later make an in-depth calculation in terms of all the future trials etc. Do note, Firion's BiS will be quite stronger in the near future.

LAFORGUS, Griffith and Mcleod like this.
  19. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Event/Olive 950 ATK
    My only Rant/Complain on Firion is.... WTFZOMG Heavy Armor LOLTRUSTMASTER!
    ::rudecat4::

Farmed Dark Knight Soul for him for nothing... Time wasted...

Frankii likes this.
  20. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    You know that I do not base my opinion on assumptions. I am disappointed that you thought I was only being biased ::rudecat4::

Jokes aside, are the maths proof enough for you? :)