1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Enhanced Queen (Final Fantasy Type-0)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager Arena Runner-Up VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Tidus | JP: Dark Veritas
    A young lady who appears in the tales of a world divided into four nations that individually control their own unique Crystals. Queen was taken in at an early age, and has since been raised as a cadet to become Agito, the legendary savior or saviors. Her personality is as straightforward as the longsword she wields, which has earned her the nickname of "class leader." On the battlefield her great knowledge of magic can prove invaluable, except in times of great peril where she ends up losing her cool.
    Queen? New GE enhancements? Hype? Yes.

Enhanced Queen Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Wisdom (Materia) - Increase HP (20%) and ATK (30%)

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3582 (+390) Mag: 123 (+26)
    MP: 144 (+65) Def: 125 (+26)
    Atk: 144 (+34) Spr: 121 (+26)

The abilities that receive enhancements are BOLD.
    5*: Lvl 13 - DEF + 20%
    5*: Lvl 39 - SPR + 20%
    5*: Lvl 63 - HP + 20%
    6*: Lvl 1 Berserk - Increase ATK (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 3%
    6*: Lvl 5 - ATK + 30%
    6*: Lvl 43 - MAG + 20%
    6*: Lvl 61 Justice Guard - Increase resistance to blind and paralyze (100%)
    6*:
    Lvl 76 - ATK + 20%
    6*: Lvl 85 Auto-Refresh - Recover MP (5%) per turn
    5*: Lvl 1 Balestra Lunge (12 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 52 Magic Martyr (0 MP) - Refresh (10 MP, 0.3x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Inflict damage (500) to caster

5*: Lvl 57 Mana Sphere (21 MP / 3-Hit) - Magic damage (2x) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 80 Triple Slip (16 MP) - Negate 3 physical damage taken for 2 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 28 Flinchproof Martyr (20 MP) - Auto-revive (1% HP) for 5 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 100 Devastate (30 MP / 5-Hit) - Physical damage combo (5 times, 1.1x each, 5.5x total) to random enemies
    5*: Lvl 21 Thundara (9 MP / 1-Hit) - Lightning magic damage (1.4x) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 69 ::ink:: Curaja (15 MP) - Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies
    6*: Lvl 28 Thundaga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Lightning magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies

Enhancements:
    Berserk
    : 6* Lvl 1 (Passive)
    Increase ATK (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 3%

Berserk +1:
    Increase ATK/DEF/SPR (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 10%
    Cost
    : Support (20x T1; 15x T2; 10x T3; 4x T4; 2x T5) 1,000,000 Gil

Berserk +2
    :
    Increase ATK (300%) and DEF/SPR (200%) for 3 turns when HP drops below 15%
    Cost
    : Support (30x T1; 23x T2; 15x T3; 8x T4; 2x T5) 1,000,000 Gil

Devastate: 6* Lvl 100 (30 MP / D-Hit)
    Physical damage combo (5 times, 1.1x each, 5.5x total) to random enemies

Devastate +1:
    Physical damage combo (5 times, 1.4x each, 7x total) to random enemies
    Cost: Power (20x T1; 15x T2; 10x T3; 4x T4; 1x T5) 1,000,000 Gil

Devastate +2:
    Physical damage (8x) to one enemy
    Cost
    : Power (30x T1; 23x T2; 15x T3; 8x T4; 2x T5) 1,000,000 Gil

Magic Martyr: 5* Lvl 52 (0 MP)
    Refresh (10 MP, 0.3x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Inflict damage (500) to caster

Magic Martyr +1:
    Refresh (20 MP, 0.6x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Inflict damage (50%) to caster
    Cost: Healing (20x T1; 15x T2; 10x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5 ) 1,000,000 Gil

Magic Martyr +2:
    Refresh (35 MP, 1x) split over 5 turns to all allies
    Inflict damage (95%) to caster
    Cost: Healing (30x T1; 23x T2; 15x T3; 4x T4; 1x T5) 1,000,000 Gil

Justice Guard: 6* Lvl 61 (Passive)
    Increase resistance to blind and paralyze (100%)

Justice Guard +1:
    Increase resistance to blind, paralyze, and confuse (100%)
    Cost: Support (15x T1; 10x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 500,000 Gil

Justice Guard +2:
    Increase resistance to poison, blind, paralyze, and confuse (100%)
    Chance to ignore fatal damage (100%) when HP is above 50%
    Cost
    : Support (23x T1; 15x T2; 12x T3; 2x T4; 2x T5) 500,000 Gil

Pre-Enhancements:
    Queen
    was bad.

She had nothing to contribute in the meta or low meta. She had bad attack stats with 50% ATK passives, which can be handled depending on your power (e.g. Tidus), but her moves were really lackluster.

While she had really good allround stats due to her passives, her moves had very low modifiers and her strongest move was a barrage type move, that generally are really bad.

Something that is a huge con for Queen is her equipment selection. It is horrible. She can't utilize any of the current meta TMR's like EV TMR, DV TMR, DKS. She loses out on so much potential attack because of this.

Her GE ability, that grants her an 1% Auto-Revive is a living meme as well. I mean, yes, she can proc her berserk with that, but the boss only has to use a move, AoE or ST doesn't matter, on Queen and she dies again. Why would you want to be revived with 1% HP if you die right afterwards again?

Even on her release-date she only was useful for her TMR basically. The meta was "too advanced" for her already and she didn't fare well at all. She is still relatively useless and considered to be one of the absolute worst pulls.

Post-Enhancements:
    Queen
    gains a lot of things with her changed up enhancements.

Her berserk now procs at 15% HP, which is manageable even without anything. But instead of a 200% ATK buff, it's now a 300% ATK buff and 200% DEF/SPR buff. That's amazing honestly.

With Justice Guard +2 you can easily proc that berserk since Queen has a 100% chance, as long as she is above 50% HP, to survive a fatal attack. Which means, if the boss deals like 20,000 damage to Queen with one hit and she is above 50% HP, she will survive with 1 HP guaranteed. Which means, she procs her super berserk.

Magic Martyr +2 also becomes super good and fits Queen just perfectly. It damages you for 95% of your HP, which again means that you proc your berserk, but applies a super strong party MP regen. It should be around 35-40 MP per turn and honestly, that's a lot. You can easily pass up on other MP batteries with this move because many units nowadays have auto-refresh and auto-refresh + this move is basically ~45-50 MP and that should cover every unit's MP.

Devastate becomes insane. It went from being a shitty barrage move to a 800% single move, so no barrage anymore. Which definitely sounds nice, a huge finisher with an awesome MP regen move, fatal ignore and huge attack with the 300% ATK Buff?

No. I don't see how Queen could contribute in the meta non or less. Because Devastate is still a D-Hit move, which means Queen will use her Attack Animation to attack the enemy. And while that is the case, her attack animation is 5-Hit and preeeetty damn long for that. And since Doublehand is awful in GL, she has to use DW for her max potential. And guess what, her attack animation twice is most likely not able to perfectly fit into a chain, which makes her unusable in these cases. Because once she doesn't get the chain multiplier, she has no chance to compete with top tier finishers.

While you have to consider not only that, but for her potential to be really good you have to keep up her Berserk. And that is not reliable to proc by the enemy, so you might have to use her Magic Martyr +2 every third turn. Which hey, this move is awesome. But you will lose out on a lot of, again, potential damage.

Comparisons:
    Since she can't fit into a chain MOST LIKELY properly with DW, she doesn't stand a chance against all these following units for sure:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Recommendation:
    As long as it is not confirmed that Queen can manage to fit into a chain with all her hits, I don't recommend enhancing anything of her in the first place. But that wouldn't be a problem generally since enhancements can be managed.

But Queen is literally one of the most expensive units I have ever seen.

A full enhancement costs:
    7,000,000 Gil
    Support: 18x T4, 7x T5
    Power: 12x T4, 3x T5
    Healing: 6x T4, 2x T5

Two of the most common used enhancements mats with huge consumption and huge amount of paid Gil is too much for many players seeing how the last raids went downhill. Even I, who farmed the last two raids quite decently, only has ~3.6 million Gil at this point. And I didn't enhance a lot of units. While we also have explorations taking up a good amount of Gil daily.

If you can afford it, why not? But it's very unlikely that Queen fits into a chain if Randi even has a lot of problems fitting into a chain with a fairly fast attack animation.

Conclusion:
    On Paper, Queen sounds amazing. And she is, she is super strong, has really cool features and supportive aspects as finisher.
    But in practice, she will most likely die out because of her gimmick to keep up the berserk that procs at 15% HP and to have a finisher that needs a reeeaaaallly long chain to fit in.
    While her equipment selection still is super bad, so finding proper equipment and team compositions for her might be really tedious.
    I'd love to make her sound great, but Devastate +2 seems like a huge trap to me. I'll gladly change my opinion if somebody can make Queen work.

Don't have much more to say, I really hope somebody proves me wrong. But @Parade struggled a lot to fit a Randi into a 2B chain even with the best positioning, I highly doubt that Queen will be much different.

Memel0rd out

2. udon

udon blinded by light Arena Runner-Up VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    so is Devestate +2 chainable with a clone?
    assuming the frames are incredibly unique (20-46-56-66-96), only a clone could match this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    FFBENoctis and architect like this.
  3. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

If devastate +2 hit is her default attack animation, it can't possibly be a finisher move :(

Parade likes this.
  4. Exeon

Exeon Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandeau or Event Unit
    Wouldn't this be a good alternative for Aigaion? As long as she has more than 50% of her HP at the end of the turn (which shouldn't be too hard since you'll be healing non-stop anyways), she would make for a great bait unit.

Parade likes this.
  5. vktor

vktor New Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: A2 ; JP: Sephiroth
    Didn't like her and still don't... But what do I know?!

6. Ashlag

Ashlag Lapislessl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTidus DW, eFry, or other cool stuff
    Actually yes. Thing is, I haven't seen anywhere it being limited to one time per life like on any other units. Use her, and she should be able to survive every single turn the sure kill move. She still have to survive the other attacks, though.

Parade and Exeon like this.
  7. FFBENoctis

FFBENoctis Ascended Member Supporter

I just cant risk my 7/9 support T5 with her. So sad that my hype went downhill.

8. Exeon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Even if it works only once per life, she has her own re-raise. So with this passive, combined with re-raise, she should never die.

Parade likes this.
  9. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Uh a reraise does count as death, for stacks and buffs, you know ? I'm not sure to understand. You need a self-reraiser or a unit that won't die at all to make it all easier, she can do both but the second part should be enough. No point in her surviving with 1 hp, trigger her buff, then die and get reraised without it.

10. Exeon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Her berserk buff triggers again if she gets re-raised. Atleast with her own.

11. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oh. Never mind then.

Parade likes this.
  12. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    I couldn't find anyone who Dual Wield Randi could finish for, since his finisher attack is also "D-hit" animation. 2B is the slowest chainer I have and I couldn't fit both of Randi's Dual Wield animations in. Queen's is definitely slower, so I don't have much hope. Although I haven't tested Randi with Onion Knight...

Fortunately, Randi has innate +100% Doublehand, so you can do +150% total Doublehand for now, and easily get +300% with True Doublehand banner. Queen doesn't have that advantage.

Exeon likes this.
  13. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Yay Randi hype. Let's hijack this thread.

Redtide likes this.
  14. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

The real problem that Queen's enhancements have (both in JP and in GL) is that Magic Martyr + Berserk mechanics is kinda gimmicky, in some sense similar to DW DKC: unless you face an opponent that can consistently bring Queen below 15% HP, if you want to constantly have Queen's insane buffs up, you need to use Magic Martyr every 3 turns, which basically means you need to be able to heal Queen twice in the same turn (because chances are she won't be starting her turn with 95% or more HP). If you can keep using Magic Martyr, she is a crazy standalone damage dealer, but she is also one of the best candidates for Pod 153 and Rikku's Pouch as a support unit, because of how bulky her 200% DEF/SPR buff makes her.

By the way, do we ever get a "Equip Throwing Weapons" materia? Queen with Fixed Dice...

Exeon likes this.
  15. TLA

TLA ActivelyDepressedParrot VIP

Leads:
    Whatever your heart desires bb
    More or less high maintenance. With future TDH she could be great, but by that point anyone with TDH (Cloud & 2x Elfried, which is a super luxury build as they're both 5* bases) can manage a DH build. @Slevi might have some counterpoints though as he's actually the only member i know in this forum who constantly use Queen.

I believe her current DW BiS is around high 900s and her DH build is low 900s. That's pretty bad despite her 300% ATK buff (she reaches like 1300s or something with Berserk activated).

Exeon likes this.
  16. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

DW BiS is 989 ATK (you use Aigaion's Fist with "Use Grappling Weapons"), which pushes her over 1.5k ATK after buff.

Exeon and TLA like this.
  17. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    Finally we got her review :D
    Thanks Meme. I was waiting her, sadly she didn't come like she could. I like her (because she is my first?) I really wish i could use her. But her equipement selection was her first con.

But now, this is by far the worst part from my point of vue. Seriously, this is INSANE (have to dot that bold thing)

I farmed the StoryEvent like a freaking monkey (i like them btw) 1 week before the release of Hein (i farmed it 1 week, use all my NRG. Got a T4 every run)
    I did that for 3 Power T4. I needed 2500 NRG for 3 T4Power... So i'll not farm for her except if she became part of the meta. But i think it's dead. Bad equipement selection and 0 move for her damage role. She could be use with Pod153 for chaining, but this TM shouldn't be the solution to all thoses old unit bad designed.

I'm really sad :'(

18. Kien_Tolkien

Kien_Tolkien Well-Known Member

Yep. Still see no hope for Queen in near future.
    I guess nothing really matters, to me.
    Anyway the wind blows

19. Memnarchon

Memnarchon Well-Known Member Supporter

Since Queen was my main physical dpser for a long time, I can say one thing...
    You can fit her Devastate+2 (boosted normal attack) in an other chain. You can have Agrias/Landu on your group (friend included) and Queen can easily benefit from their chain and if you give her Excalibur, she can also benefit from their imperil. Linky to chain.
    ps: With her BiS gear and Bersek active, she can reach 70MP/turn with her MP refresh.
    ps2: Actually the biggest problem is the gil/cryst cost of the upgrades...

20. Kaer

Kaer Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth / DW COD
    Poor little queen....this is so depressing.
    One could think somebody Dont want her to be usefull...