1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Enhanced Soleil (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Boom Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: NV Tifa
    A young woman who served as a dancer in the front lines during the war. Soleil's bewitching dances not only serve to comfort the hearts of soldiers on the field, but the different magical properties tied to each dance help unlock their innermost potential as well. In battle she wields the throwing weapon known as the chakram, though being a pacifist at heart she prefers to use it as a part of her dance routine rather than for hurting others.
    Today we are talking about a dancer that is seen as the potential F2P bard and a must enhance. But what am I thinking about that? "Nobody cares" ::rudecat15::

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Miracle Step (Materia) - Increase MP (20%) and MAG/SPR (10%)
    Chance to evade physical damage taken (5%)

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3192 (+390) Mag: 121 (+26)
    MP: 172 (+85) Def: 119 (+26)
    Atk: 113 (+26) Spr: 141 (+26)

The abilities that receive enhancements are BOLD.
    A lot of Soleil's abilities are completely useless and therefor left out from the Active Ability list.

4*: Lvl 6 - HP + 10%
    5*: Lvl 35 - MP + 20%
    5*: Lvl 52 - SPR + 20%
    6*: Lvl 93 Endless - Increase MP (15%)
    Increase resistance to sleep, paralyze, confuse and petrify (100%)
    4*: Lvl 18 Hide (0 MP) - Remove caster from battle for 3-5 turns

6*: Lvl 100 Schwert Dance (18 MP) - Increase ATK (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

6*: Lvl 100 Cannon Dance (18 MP) - Increase MAG (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

6*: Lvl 100 Panzer Dance (18 MP) - Increase DEF (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

6*: Lvl 100 Shooting Dance (18 MP) - Increase SPR (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

Enhancements:
    Endless Turn
    : 6* Lvl 93 (Passive)
    Increase MP (15%)

Endless Turn +1:
    Increase MP (15%)
    Chance to evade physical damage taken (20%)
    Cost
    : Support (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

Endless Turn +2
    :
    Increase MP (15%)
    Chance to evade physical damage taken (30%)
    Recover MP (5%) per turn
    Cost
    : Support (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Schwert Dance: 6* Lvl 100 (18 MP)
    Increase ATK (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

Schwert Dance +1:
    Increase ATK (80%) for 1 turn to all allies
    Decrease DEF (30%) for 1 turn to all enemies
    Cost
    : Tech (15x T1; 8x T2; 5x T3; 1x T4) 250,000 Gil

Schwert Dance +2:
    Increase ATK (100%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease DEF (35%) for 2 turns to all enemies
    If used after Cannon Dance, Panzer Dance or Shooting Dance:
    Increase ATK/MAG (120%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease DEF (35%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Cost
    : Tech (23x T1; 12x T2; 8x T3; 2x T4; 1x T5) 250,000 Gil

Cannon Dance: 6* Lvl 100 (18 MP)
    Increase MAG (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

Cannon Dance +1:
    Increase MAG (80%) for 1 turn to all allies
    Decrease SPR (30%) for 1 turn to all enemies
    Cost

Cannon Dance +2:
    Increase MAG (100%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease SPR (35%) for 2 turns to all enemies
    If used after Schwert Dance, Panzer Dance or Shooting Dance:
    Increase ATK/MAG (120%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease SPR (35%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Cost

Panzer Dance: 6* Lvl 100 (18 MP)
    Increase DEF (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

Panzer Dance +1:
    Increase DEF (80%) for 1 turn to all allies
    Decrease ATK (30%) for 1 turn to all enemies
    Cost

Panzer Dance +2:
    Increase DEF (100%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease ATK (35%) for 2 turns to all enemies
    If used after Schwert Dance, Cannon Dance or Shooting Dance:
    Increase DEF/SPR (120%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease ATK (35%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Cost

Shooting Dance: 6* Lvl 100 (18 MP)
    Increase SPR (60%) for 1 turn to all allies

Shooting Dance +1:
    Increase SPR (80%) for 1 turn to all allies
    Decrease MAG (30%) for 1 turn to all enemies
    Cost

Shooting Dance +2:
    Increase SPR (100%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease MAG (35%) for 2 turns to all enemies
    If used after Schwert Dance, Panzer Dance or Shooting Dance:
    Increase DEF/SPR (120%) for 2 turns to all allies
    Decrease MAG (35%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Cost

Pre-Enhancements:
    Soleil
    was.... bad.

When she released, people already said she as a bad unit overall. And there are reasons for that.

While her base stats are just on the edge of being critical, her base SPR is really good plus she is also able to equip staffs for a little protection against magic attacks. But that was not the reason why people didn't use her.

You can already see that without her enhancements, her abilities are very lackluster. The majority of her abilities are just really bad.
    The status ailment infliction abilities are generally bad, nobody needs a blind or anything like that anymore. They also can't be DW'd or anything so you only get a 30% chance to e.g. silence the enemy once, which again, is really bad.
    Besides that, her AoE 3 Turn 40% ATK or MAG buffs were outclassed long time ago by Cheer, Embolden, Focus and Meditate, which were already somewhat common buffs. Then we had Leadership from Rain, over the time we got Lunera and Zargabaath as well. These buffs were already outclassed.

Then Soleil's dances, while they were pretty high with 60%, they last only one turn which means you have to choose between one of four stats that you will basically spam all over again. And even then, 60% for a single stat was not worth at all. There were already better units in that, while not in raw numbers but in efficiency.
    And once Zargabaath came, well yeah, these buffs got simply useless.

And that's all she basically offered pre - enhancements. So how did she fare? Really bad, she never showed any relevance in the meta nor was there any real reason to use her besides very early nuke team comps.

Post-Enhancements:
    Soleil
    got a lot of power, which she really appreciates.

She gained a 30% evasion against physical attacks, which boosts her overall survivability a lot in a regular fight. This matches really well with her equipment selection since she will focus on SPR most likely and also lacks good DEF, so this definitely helps her.
    On the same ability she also gains another 5% MP Refresh, which makes her basically able to spam her enhanced Dances all the time. Pretty good, you won't have to worry about her MP anymore basically.

Now, for the most interesting part, Soleil gained enhancements to all of her dances, which make her a really valuable unit, especially for a 4* unit.
    Basically the first use of every dance will lead to a 100% 2 Turn Buff of the used dance, so either ATK or MAG or DEF or SPR. Also, it debuffs the opposing stat for a 30%, e.g. the ATK buff will break DEF, which is great. Exactly the purpose the dance should have.

But once you combine the dances, like e.g. Schwert Dance and Shooting Dance, you can have a 120% buff to EVERYTHING. And you can keep that up eternally, quite massive, I gotta say. This is the best AoE Buff basically which will lead to a very interesting comparison.
    Her rotation (cheaper version):
    Defensive Dance -> Offensive Dance -> repeat

Her fully enhanced rotation:
    Shooting Dance -> Schwert Dance -> Panzer Dance -> Cannon Dance -> repeat
    Disclaimer: the following units like they are shown here do not exist yet!

Enhanced Soleil [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Roy

- Roy has far better stats and way better passives
    - Roy's final song has 10% less stat buffs
    - Roy's max LB has 4% higher stat buffs
    - Roy has mediocre MP Regens and good HP Regens attached to his song
    - Roy's final song has 45% Fullbreak attached, while fully enhanced Soleil has a 35% fullbreak on turn 4

These are really quick comparisons. Roy's songs don't offer flat Stat buffs with pretty weak breaks, but they offer huge stat buffs, good regens, strong AoE Fullbreaks while he is also a lot more survivable. His HP is way higher, his usual stats are a lot better, so yes.
    Roy wins, even if Soleil has 10% higher stats. But Soleil's performance is really good if she can be compared to Bards.

Enhanced Soleil [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Enhanced Ramza

- Ramza has far better stats and way bettere passives
    - Ramza has 20% less stat buffs
    - Ramza has good MP Regens and strong HP regens
    - Ramza has split 60% 5 Turn ST ATK or MAG breaks
    - Ramza's song is an instant 100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR buff with the regens attached

Ramza's advantage over Roy is that he is instant and also has a lot stronger breaks in general. But the longer the fight goes and the better Roy can survive, he will eventually outshine Ramza unless you are unable to maintain Roy's songs.
    But the same deal is here again, while Ramza doesn't provide a full break, 60% breaks to ATK or MAG are massive and somewhat busted. While his MP Regens are higher than Roy etc.
    So Ramza overall wins, but Soleil definitely provides higher stats.

Enhanced Soleil [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Enhanced Lunera

- Lunera has far better stats and massive passives (170% SPR)
    - Lunera has 30% less stat buffs
    - Lunera has OP MP Regens and huge HP Regens
    - Lunera provides huge mage capabilities as a very powerful magic chainer
    - Lunera's song is an instant 90% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR buff with insane regens attached

Lunera's advantage over Ramza and Roy are her literally OP MP Regens. While she buffs a lot less stats, she can manage almost every MP consumption, DC Alterna? No problem. A properly build Lunera can easily regen at least 140 MP per turn, which is just insane. She can also make huge differences in the usage of healers because of insane regens, so CG Fina or Ayaka might have a few turns here and there to do something else.
    Besides that, Soleil has 30% higher stat buffs which is a lot, while also providing breaks. I'd still say Lunera wins, but for very offensive strategies Soleil would be better.

Recommendation:

Endless Turn
    - I actually don't recommend enhancing it. It uses up a good amount of support crysts while it basically grants physical evasion and 5% MP regen, which sounds good but her songs only take up 18 MP , so that's easily manageable with from other sources.

Dances - I HIGHLY recommend enhancing one offensive and one defensive song, preferably Schwert Dance and Shooting Dance. So you can keep up the 120% Buff rotation, which is really powerful. It's right inbetween cheap and expensive but it uses up Tech Crysts, which haven't seen a massive usage so far, so enhance it. Please!

TL;DR
    She's awesome, one of the absolute best 4* units you will ever get your hands on!

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Thanks Meme: this review and playing around building her with the calculator made me desire to enhance her pretty badly.

One question: am I right in deducing she is not locked in dancing for 2 turns when she uses any of her enhanced dances?

Memel0rd likes this.
  3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Boom Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    She is locked for the one turn basically so you CAN have an all stat 120% buff:) So yes, only one turn

Arnatuile likes this.
  4. Timo

Timo Ascended Member

Very good review as usual :)

The good thing on Soleil is that she is very Mana friendly (compared to "Inspire" from FV for example) so you dont have to invest in MAG, ATK and MP.

She reduced my Raid time to 2 turns ^^.

Greetings

Timo

Doomsday and Memel0rd like this.
  5. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    Thank you and great review like allways.

I've seen many team comp for Aigaion with her. Her buff stat are so huge, people can take the WorldDestroyer with it (well, they can take it easyer at least)
    I started her lvling when we had the datamine for her enhancement, sound gread, and it's even better.
    But i'm short in Awak6* component. So she wait (DKC is waiting too >.<)

beside, Lunera is one of my most wanted unit since i've started the game. i played a long time with Fina as a healer and lacked of MP regen. Lunera was sweet :D
    an overall buff/heal/mp refresh, sound so good
    (i just beat aigaion with Delita as a MP bettery, and it's not easy to reach 50+MP/turn, and it's "only" 50 ^^')

hope i'll pull her one day. Soleil should join the party as soon as we have more awake6* mat.

Memel0rd likes this.
  6. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

@Memel0rd, @Nemeko Alright, so to make it completely plain and simple, she casts one dance on one turn (and that's her action for that turn) and then the turn after that she is free to do whatever she wants (typically casting another dance to follow her rotation, but if I wanted to have her use an elixir, say, she could do that). Correct?

spin81, Gronio and Memel0rd like this.
  7. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    You basically never have time to do something in between if you want all stat buffs. So no elixirs.
    For only DEF/SPR buffs you can use elixirs inbetween:)

Arnatuile likes this.
  8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks! Have a nice day mate:)

9. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Wish you lots of fun with Soleil, I will probably wait for Ramza because I don't have a slot for a buffer right now:) I'd bench a very valuable slot for that.

Koubo likes this.
  10. Arnatuile

I understand that. My question was not about her rotation but how her dancing mechanics work, i.e whether she is locked like Ramza for 2 turns when she uses one of her enhanced dances or not. I think I found an answer to that question :)

11. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    I used Soleil for OTKO strategies... but actually Dangerous Ariana came first with AoE 1-turn ATK or MAG+60% buffs, I just preferred Soleil because she looks WAY better.

Honestly I WANT to use Soleil now, but I just don't like the way she operates. I don't like that if she dies, her rotation slows down. I REALLY don't like that she is ONLY buffs. I need more than that out of a unit slot, "pure buffer" is not a good use of a slot for me. I hardly even want to use future bards and they're WAY more useful (stats+HP Regen+MP Regen).

Raph, Scheich, Dudu and 1 other person like this.
  12. LinzoReborn

LinzoReborn Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Whoa there,who's this Roy guy?

(And is he any good?)

13. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    He's a rotation singer, VERY similar to how Soleil works but he does a hell of a lot more XD

14. LinzoReborn

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau

Ooooooohh

(Neither of them will be able to outbeast the beast known as Enchanted Ramza when he comes,however)

spin81 likes this.
  15. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Roy outbeasts the beast, actually. Ramza's only better in first turn KO scenarios.

16. Arnatuile

You do have a far point here. In fact, the only unit I could see her replacing on my team is Zargabaath, which would mean losing MP battery and damage mitigation on demand, on top of many counters for units like Rikku, everything done by a much sturdier support unit than Soleil. If you are bringing along the usual Tilith, Tank, Rikku, 2 chainers, your last spot would be the one where Soleil comes into play. But then your only MP battery would be Tilith, which can be a problem. So yeah, those two support spots on top of Tilith, Tank, 2 chainers are going to be highly contended :D

Parade likes this.
  17. LinzoReborn

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Oh

Shoot

18. Doomsday

Doomsday Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    What if your chainers were Ace? With imperil, killers and mp regen at your command, I bet you could rack up a lot of damage with that 120% magic buff..
    Also if you just kept up def/spr you could use 9s tmr to provide mitigation every other turn and rely on 110% atk buff from adams tmr for your chainers...

19. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

Thanks, great review,,,and now I am tempted to enhance her... ::=3::

20. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    I think i'll work on DKC first. He hit so hard, and look fun to learn how to use him.

I have a quite good comp now, my buff option are limited but it's painfull to choose witch toon i pick or bench right now. With Nier event i'm full....

I would work on A2+DKC combo with Dark imperil (lot of work with TMR) using (probably) an A2 friend. Then i only have Refia/Luka as a healer (both can buff something) and i can use Delita,KDelita, 9S for Break/Imperil/Support. Using EV as a tank. And most of the time Rikku is a must have (for hard content) witch mean : no room in the party.
    Or maybe as a OTKO, but i'm able to do it without her. Later maybe? I feel the same like everyone, she buff like a ... whaat! but she pretty do only that :x and shehave to do that every turn, nothing else. I wish they add something else, bit of mp refresh, Lunera is so OP!