1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Grace (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, May 29, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Error 404: Long beard not found Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Auron | JP: Akstar
    A woman in charge of the empire of Zoldaad's Magitek squadron. Grace seems to be void of emotion, and gives the impression of being manipulated by someone else from the shadows. She was originally a member of the rebellion against the empire, but was captured and made into a mechanized soldier by a genius yet evil scientist who was able to draw out her abilities. Women battling in Magiteks > average women. Today we are talking about HP Stats aka. Grace!

WHY DO I HAVE SO MUCH HP ::rudecat4::

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG]4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Magic Amplifier (Accesory) - +20% MP ; +25% MAG/SPR

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3900 (+510) Mag: 130 (+26)
    MP: 165 (+65) Def: 123 (+26)
    Atk: 143 (+26) Spr: 119 (+26)

5*: Lvl 51 - HP + 30%
    6*: Lvl 1 Battle Cyborg - Increase HP (30%) ; Increase resistance to all elements (15%)
    4*: Lvl 1 Fire Beam (3 MP / 1-Hit) - Fire magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 1 Blizzard Beam (3 MP / 1-Hit) - Ice magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 1 Thunder Beam (3 MP / 1-Hit) - Thunder magic damage (1.2x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 1 Vital Scan (1 MP) - View info on one enemy
    4*: Lvl 12 Magitek Laser (7 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (1.4x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 12 Magitek Missile (12 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (1.4x) to one enemy
    4*: Lvl 12 Flash Bang (20 MP) - Inflict blind (30%) to all enemies
    4*: Lvl 40 Hard Finger (18 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (2.1x) to one enemy
    5*: Lvl 21 Sun Beam (6 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (1.2x) to all enemies ; Inflict blind (30%) to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 61 Howl Hand (17 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    6*: Lvl 28 Last Sequence (99 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (9.99x) to all enemies
    Instant KO to caster
    If used after Unlimited:
    Physical damage (12x) to all enemies
    Instant KO to caster

6*: Lvl 88 Destroy Arm (45 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (2.1x) with ignore DEF (25%) to one enemy
    6*: Lvl 100 Unlimited (60 MP) - Randomly use:
    (50%) Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (100%) for 5 turns to caster
    (50%) Berserk (ATK+200%)

6* Limit Burst:
    Photon Stream (Base): 10-Hit Magic damage (2.9x) with ignore SPR (50%) to one enemy
    Photon Stream (Max): 10-Hit Magic damage (4.1x) with ignore SPR (50%) to one enemy

Pros:
    Starting off with a rather obvious fact. Grace has A LOT of HP. Base 3900 with another +510 base boost and a total of +60% HP is just enormous. Without any equipment, only with pots, she can reach up to 7k HP already.

Grace also gets +15% elemental resistances against every element, sure nice to have, nothing to complain about this one.

Also, her "Last Sequence" can be a really fun tool to use. It certainly looks really strange to basically kill your own unit for pure damage, but it actually has a huuuge modifier. And it is AoE. I will talk about that later in the "Side-Notes".

Her Unlimited can be quite nice. After using Unlimited, Last Sequence will receive a higher modifier (+201% on top of it), which is actually quite a lot. And if you do get lucky, you will also gain 100% ATK boost. But it's not THAT rewarding since it's random and should be considered into maybe wasting a turn of set up. As always, this will be talked about in "Cons".

Cons:
    Grace's traits and abilities don't offer really much to make her a valuable unit. Her moves at first glance seem pretty OK actually, but their modifiers are terrible. And she doesn't even have any DEF/SPR/ATK/MAG passives to amplify either her damaging abilities or her massive HP stat.

On top of that, her MP costs are quite high without any MP passives or auto-refreshs. Unlimited costs 60 MP, her rather low damage dealing "Destroy Arm" costs 45 MP. You get my point. You won't use these abilities too often in longer fights. She also cannot refresh her own MP by using a certain ability, which means her self-sustaining is really bad for such a low MP stat.

Unlimited's biggest problem is, that it's random.... You can get a 50% chance for a berserk status with 200% atk boost. That's awful since your Auto Attacks are still a regular 1.0 Modifier, it's only a +200% for the BASE ATK stat, not your total stat and it's just not worth it for not having control over your unit. On the other hand, 100% boosts to all base stats is quite good in terms of her high HP, but for basically flipping a coin this is not rewarding enough.

She also has absolute no Killers (for amplifying damage), no innate draw attacks or what so ever, no innate status ailment protection, nothing. Only HP.

Side-Notes:
    Grace is an interesting fun unit actually. You can run a DH set on her with sparky and Doublehand, use enhanced Lightning for her huge thunder imperil and try to set up 2 chainers. And if you have the possibility, use sth like Re-Raise from Rem on Grace.
    This will lead to you having a 9.99x Mod with another *1.75 boost as a finisher. Yes, Grace has rather low ATK stats, but it is still a huge mod. If using Unlimited: +100% ATK when it works, and it grants an additional 201% damage to Last Sequence as well - huge difference.

Worst case, Fingersnap (from Odin or innate to some units) can dismiss the Berserk and you're still getting the 1200% next turn because Unlimited was cast last turn.
    [​IMG]

Arena:
    She has a huge AoE mod in exchange for her "life". Problem with that is, that arena damage is still capped at 999 damage, meaning Last Sequence is trash in Arena. The only way I would use her in Arena would be as a pure HP unit (she can get around 15k HP) to basically annoy anyone who dares fighting me in Arena. Other than that, she doesn't offer really useful stuff.

Comparison:
    We don't have any units that are similar to her.
    Basically to all finisher comparisons would be:
    - She has way higher HP
    - Either you OHKO the enemy with Grace or she is kind of a waste

Sorry, I don't really like to cut off stuff, not even comparisons. Grace just has no real unit to compare with, since her HUGE mod basically makes it that (like I said) either you manage to kill the enemy with her or another finisher would have done the same job.

And as a tank comparison, she would have beaten everybody in terms of HP, but Grace lacks DEF as well as SPR and any mitigation abilities or provoke / cover abilities.

Trust Master Reward:
    Her TMR is actually really good. Her rival TMR would be Magical Crest from Vanille, which lacks the +20% MP but has +5% in SPR/MAG. Means, if you don't need the SPR/MAG as badly as MP, go for her TMR.

My Conclusion:
    I would be happy to pull a Grace. Like I said, she is a very fun unit which is pretty good for.... being a fun unit. Her damage can get really high up and should not be underestimated. But as a beginner / not-experienced player I would not recommend her at all. Other than being a fun finisher unit, she has BASICALLY nothing besides her tremendous HP stat. But if you have the equipment to make her somewhat valuable, give her a try. She is definitely fun to play with.

@TLA "Should you pull?"

Character Design: 6/10
    Sprite: 7.5/10 (IT'S HUGE)
    Chainer: 1/10
    Finisher: 8/10
    Personal Rating: 5/10
    Optimal Rating (Fun unit): 9/10 (She actually deals pretty high damage)

I hoped you enjoyed it tho it was a rather short one. And again, I apologize for no Unit Comparison this time, BUT I made a lot on the others. Forgive me ::rudecat4::

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    JMR, soomon, Onejah and 13 others like this.
  2. TLA

TLA ActivelyDepressedParrot VIP

Leads:
    Whatever your heart desires bb
    Surprised you made one for her actually. Added!

Regarding Grace. She's purely made for Arena. Covers a lot of elements, can afflict blind, and insanely high HP. Gotta watch out for those budget Koreans with 5 Graces instead of 5 WKNs.

Felon likes this.
  3. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    No love at all for Unlimited -> Last Sequence combo?

She's already impractical, don't dismiss the extreme damage boost from Unlimited just because it has a chance to do Berserk instead. +100% ATK when it works, and it grants an additional 201% damage to Last Sequence as well - huge difference. Worth at least more of a mention than you gave it.

Worst case, Fingersnap (from Odin or innate to some units) can dismiss the Berserk and you're still getting the 1200% next turn because Unlimited was cast last turn. *shrugs*

Otherwise, lovely as always!

Takumi Kuzuryu and Memel0rd like this.
  4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Error 404: Long beard not found Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    That's an option which would also require way more setup and all ::rudecat4:: And you didn't like the post ::rudecat4::
    30% blind chance = shit. And many units have blind resistance / no need to be blinded. Also her elemental coverage is ST with a 1.2x mod.... Urgh

Redtide likes this.
  5. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    "Way more setup" = Using one move, and equipping an Esper 99% of people already have equipped on their party as a backup.

No Like for you until you at least acknowledge that it exists. lol

Javier, Redtide and Exeon like this.
  6. Veritas of the Wine

Veritas of the Wine Miss Vanjie VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Seph/Fry. JP: 7 star e.Seph
    Her TMR is going to be pretty great for DC Cecil. A much-needed boost to his survivability against magic attacks, plus a bump to his healing capabilities & MP pool. Yes please!

7. TLA

TLA ActivelyDepressedParrot VIP

Leads:
    Whatever your heart desires bb
    Ye but with 5 Grace it adds up to insane elemental chaining damage, especially in a capped damage environment. Not saying its 100% viable, its just fun to annoy people.

I support this. You say she's a fun unit, and its actually one of the few "fun" ways Grace was meant to be used. Retracted muh like ::rudecat4:: mememan ::rudecat4:: . You're way to set in your ways man, other people make good points too.

Parade likes this.
  8. Exeon

Exeon Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandeau or Event Unit
    I wonder if this still influences things like ATK+30% materia. For example you're having a base ATK of 150 and one ATK+30% resulting in 200 ATK. If she get's the 200% Boost now, does her attack jump to 450 + 50 or is it 450 plus 150?

9. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    All stat +% bonuses only affect the base stat (including pots), period.

10. Exeon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    So it would result in a total ATK of 500 using my example?

11. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Base ATK 150 +30%(45) +200%(300) = 495

Exeon likes this.
  12. Exeon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Alright, I understand now, thanks!

Parade likes this.
  13. crazyturkey

crazyturkey Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: KM Bonus JP: Rinoa
    158 99
    So the question is... If Grace suicides while destroying the boss in a last ditch effort and my other characters are dead from a threshold attack, do I still win?

This made my day. LMAO

TLA likes this.
  14. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I edited it in. Hope you are happy now (and give me a like) ::rudecat4::

Parade and Exeon like this.
  15. Jasper

Jasper Lilith is love. Lilith is life. VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I was curious about the same thing. I'll do an ES run really quick and report back.

Edit: and the answer to that question is NO.

You get a Game Over after the mob dies, probably because you die first.

Exeon and Memel0rd like this.
  16. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I'll add that in the review then since many people in the future will probably still be curious. And thanks for the research (I don't have grace :])

Onejah likes this.
  17. Loren

Loren Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilga, Fryevia, D.Fina or bonus units
    I just wanted to thank you for all your awesome reviews, I've been reading them since I started playing the game and they were always helpful!

18. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Lol I see you gave it the appropriate attention in several sections <3 Like and Love for you <3

19. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Don't make me blush, Loren ::rudecat5:: np, I will keep doing them as long as people like you enjoy them ::love::

::rudecat5::

Onejah and Parade like this.
  20. Doomsday

Doomsday Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Two of them from dailies, smh. :confused: