1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Lotus Mage Fina (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nyx | JP: Hyou
    A white mage traveling with Lasswell. Fina lost a great part of her memories after having been sealed within a crystal for hundreds of years. However, she managed to eventually come into her own upon meeting Rain, Lasswell, and a multitude of other people. She loves petting chocobos, so when there are none around for her to coddle, she satisfies herself with petting Lid's Mechabo instead.
    One of the most hyped units with a massive kit: worth it or not?

Lotus Mage Fina Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Hairpin of Purity (Hat) - DEF+10, MAG+24, SPR+51, All status ailments (Null)

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3376 (+450) Mag: 141 (+30)
    MP: 204 (+75) Def: 114 (+30)
    Atk: 112 (+30) Spr: 156 (+30)

6* Limit Burst:
    Judgement Cross (Base / 27 LB-Crysts): 11-Hit Magic damage (7x) with SPR scaling to all enemies
    Decrease light and dark resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Auto-revive (100% HP) for 3 turns to all allies
    Judgement Cross (Max / 27 LB-Crysts): 11-Hit Magic damage (9.4x) with SPR scaling to all enemies
    Decrease light and dark resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Auto-revive (100% HP) for 3 turns to all allies

5*: Lvl 1 Entrust (18 MP) - Use own LB gauge to fill ally's gauge

5*:
    Lvl 16 Prime Heal (26 MP) - Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies
    Cure all status ailments to all allies

5*: Lvl 47 Reverse Hearts (70 MP) - Revive all KO'd allies (100% HP)

5*:
    Lvl 55 Manatopia (52 MP) - Restore MP (50) to all allies except caster
    Refresh (40 MP, 0.3x) split over 3 turns to all allies except caster

5*: Lvl 80 Dualcast (0 MP) - Use magic twice in one turn

6*: Lvl 56 Shining Cheer (36 MP) - Heal (3000 HP, 9x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Increase LB gauge (1-3) to all allies

6*: Lvl 72 Arch Punisher (54 MP / 1-Hit) - Light magic damage (3.6x) with SPR scaling to all enemies

6*: Lvl 84 Divine Veil (80 MP) - Increase ATK/DEF (80%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Increase resistance to all elements (45%) for 3 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 92 Dystopia (45 MP / 1-Hit) - Dark magic damage (2.8x) with consecutive increase (2 times, 1.6x each, 6x max) to all enemies

6*: Lvl 100 Sacred Burst (45 MP / 7-Hit) - Light magic damage (5.25x) with SPR scaling to one enemy
    5*: Lvl 1 - HP + 20%

5*: Lvl 7 Sexy Pose - Chance to counter physical attacks (30%) with Sexy Pose (max 1/turn)
    Sexy Pose - Inflict charm (5%) for 2 turns to one enemy

5*: Lvl 23 Honest Wish - Chance to counter physical attacks (20%) with Honest Wish
    Honest Wish - Heal (800 HP, 3x) to all allies

5*: Lvl 31 Purity - Increase resistance to sleep, silence, and paralyze (100%)

5*: Lvl 40 Eternal Blossom - Increase HP (15%)
    Recover MP (5%) per turn

5*: Lvl 69 White Lotus - Increase LB gauge fill rate (100%)
    Increase SPR (50%) when equipped with a staff
    Increase SPR (50%) when equipped with a bow

6*:
    Lvl 1 - SPR + 30%

6*: Lvl 28 Undying Darkness - Increase MP (40%)
    Increase resistance to petrify (100%)

6*: Lvl 37 - MAG + 30%

6*: Lvl 45 Dark Memories - Increase MAG (50%) when equipped with a rod
    Increase MAG (50%) when equipped with a whip

6*: Lvl 61 Holy Retaliation - Chance to counter physical attacks (50%) with Holy Retaliation (max 1/turn)
    Holy Retaliation -
    Light magic damage (2.1x) with SPR scaling to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 1 Osmose (10 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (0.3x) as MP drain (30%) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 1 Libra (1 MP) - View info on one enemy

5*: Lvl 7 Esunaga (21 MP) - Cure poison, blind, sleep, silence, paralyze and confuse to all allies

5*: Lvl 16 Dispelga (18 MP) - Remove all status effects from all enemies

5*: Lvl 23 Full-Life (20 MP) - Revive one KO'd ally (100% HP)

6*: Lvl 9 Reraise (21 MP) - Auto-revive (80% HP) for 3 turns to one ally

6*: Lvl 17 Curaja (30 MP) - Heal (2500 HP, 18x) to all allies

6*: Lvl 92 Ultima (60 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (2.8x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies

Pros:
    Lotus Mage Fina
    (LM Fina) is one hell of a unit.

Her base stats are great. Her HP is decent at least, but her MP and SPR are very high no doubts. LM Fina's MAG stat also is decent due to her kit, which we will see later on. Regarding her passives, she gets 35% HP, 40% MP and if you equip a staff / bow also gets a total 80% SPR and 30% MAG. Or if you equip her with rods and whips you can get to 130% MAG and 30% SPR if you use dualwield. LM Fina can achieve some really high SPR stats due to the passives. Combine her 40% MP with her great MP and 5% MP refresh, you won't have too many issues. Amazing passives.
    That's not all however, LM Fina also impresses with her innate status ailment immunity. Sleep, Silence, Paralyze and Petrify immunity, THAT is great. Almost negates every relevant status ailment outside of confusion. Just great to have this on a healer.

One of LM Fina's funniest qualities are her counters. Starting with Honest Wish, it's simply a 20% phys counter chance to counter with a weaker Curaga, but that's not all. She has two other counters as well.
    The first being Holy Retaliation, which is a max 1 counter with a 50% phys counter chance and an AoE 210% SPR light modifier, not too bad. But the fun counter I was refering to is Sexy Pose. A fitting name and a cheesy effect: 30% chance to counter phys attacks with a 5% chance to inflict charm for 2 turns. To be fair the chances are ridiculously low to get this, but if you get it it's just hilarious.

Since LM Fina has immunity to almost all relevant status ailments innately, she can take advantage of Prime Heal easily! It's an AoE Curaga + cure all status ailments, can be handy for both beginners and more experienced players who haven't bothered with getting a ribbon.

Reverse Hearts is very similar to what Ayaka and Tilith already have: an AoE 100% HP revive. Simply a great tool to make LM Fina able to possibly get you back into the game if more party members just fainted. It does cost a fair bit but you won't use it too much (hopefully). If you need it, it does work out, however once we go further into her kit, I doubt you will need this.

Now before I go on, I want to get her damage dealing abilities out of the way so we can focus on her healer role more later on. And we are starting with Arch Punisher and Sacred Burst. Both abilities scale with her SPR, Arch Punisher is an AoE 1-Hit 360% SPR modifier, which benefits mostly beginners, but also Sacred Burst as a ST 7-Hit 525% SPR modifier. These two are light based attacks and for early players chaining LM Finas with Sacred Burst can be enough damage to get it done while also having the ability to always use her as a great healer.

With Dystopia, LM Fina does have access to AoE dark damage. Goes up from 280% to 600% max. Handy for story events and mostly beginners again, because this ability for experienced players doesn't deal too much damage. Same goes for her Ultima spell, both are great tools for events and players in the early stage, but not essential for experienced players. Still worth mentioning.

On the other hand though, Divine Veil benefits all players. It's an AoE 80% ATK/DEF buff, which is just great for beginners (once again, I'm sorry), but it also increases the party's elemental resistance by 45%! This can be so good in trials, in events where you have to take a hit, basically anytime you lack elemental resistance. This on a healer is so useful, I really loved using Tilith's similar ability for the elemental resistance and I'm sure it'll be helpful for you as well.

Back to her healer role! It's about time to wrap this section up before I write too much.

While Shining Cheer is an AoE 3000 HP, 9x 3 turn regen and also increasing everybody's LB gauge by 1-3 randomly, it's not one of her selling points. Manatopia on the other side might just be that. It's an AoE 50 MP recover (except for LM Fina) and also a split AoE 40 MP, 0.3x MP regen (except for herself). For everybody not using bards or having issues handling MP, this is just amazing. It can free up your slot you'd use for somebody like Ace. It enables high MP regens even if you use Soleil with LM Fina, since she usually has no MP regen attached to her dances.

Every healer wants LM Fina's spells. Innate dualcast, access to Dispelga, Full-Life, Esunaga, Reraise and most importantly Curaja. Reraise is almost op, put it on your AoE tank and you won't have too many issues surviving anything. Curaja heals about 8~10k HP easily, basically fully healing everybody. Full-Life and Dispelga have their fair share as well. All these spells are pretty much the main abilities of LM Fina's kit and you will use them. A lot.

I have to adress this, take a look at her Limit Burst. It takes up 27 crysts, which is a lot. BUT! LM Fina does have innate 100% Hightide, which makes it a lot lot easier to get her LB to a point where it's pretty easy actually. And if you feel like not using it, you can still use Entrust on somebody else, which just adds to her already high versatility.
    Though her LB is where it's at. It's an AoE 11-Hit 700% - 940% SPR scaling modifier, but also imperils dark and light resistance to all enemies by 50%. Oh and have I mentioned that it also grants a 100% reraise to your ENTIRE party?
    The best part about it is that you don't have to level this LB. Only the damage goes up, which can be skipped easily. This LB is great for everybody, combined with her massive healing kit and other versatile abilities, we can already see that LM Fina is really really good.

Cons:
    Only a few nitpicks here and there for the most part as LM Fina doesn't have any real cons.

LM Fina's mage aspects aren't that great. Ultima for the most part is very outdated and the same goes for Dystopia. I mean Dystopia takes a few turns to ramp up in damage and even then it's only a 600% modifier. EVEN with a 100% dark imperil it's only a 1200% modifier while her own base MAG is no where near being on the same level as meta mages. But it'd be ridiculous if she was a great mage and a great healer.

Since we are looking at her base MAG, I wish her base DEF would be a little higher. 144 max is still enough to don't die instantly, but it could be higher since mostly you run magic tanks now and she might get either a few ST hits or an AoE phys hit. Again though, only nitpicking.

A con for myself is that it's hard to find cons regarding LM Fina. As there are almost no cons with her currently, Ayaka barely had any cons when I reviewed her as well. So it's hard for me to actually find something.

For beginners Divine Veil is strong due to the 80% ATK/DEF buff and the element resistance buff. However it doesn't include a SPR buff sadly. I think this ability would be a lot better if it was an AoE 80% DEF/SPR buff instead of ATK/DEF. But this is even more nitpicking than before. So I'll just stop and we move on to the next section.

Side-Notes:
    LM Fina
    of course has a 7* version in JP but no enhancements yet. Her 7* version is still amongst the top 3 healers and everybody prefers a different one. LM Fina barely gets any new tools to play with at her 7* outside of a CD move that basically does the same job as her LB. Mostly LM Fina is used by those who really like her or who are loving the AoE Reraise spam. That's why I said for most players it's personal preference.
    I actually have a very fun use for your LM Fina. It includes the good old Illusionist Nichol once again. Be aware though that this option currently is only available for players who own Dracu Lasswell. Once we get the next FFXIV raid, this can be done by any player who has the evasion gear.
    Exactly: 100% Evasion LM Fina. Why though? Because of her counters. She will pretty much counter heal your team back up to 100% every time but she will have a 5% chance to charm the enemy every turn. In case you do get it, it's just broken since the enemy literally can't do anything. It's a fun way to use her, but you need A LOT of gear.

Best In Slot:
    This one doesn't include LT gear. Do note that DW and Tinkerer Bow would increase her eHP though.
    For beginners it's great to point out that LM Fina can equip all of Fina's story equipment and get the boosts from it.
    Holy Wand (120 SPR)
    Frozen Crown (500 HP, 16 DEF, 50 SPR)
    Robe of Forgiveness (10% HP, 30 DEF, 55 SPR)
    Arsha's Talisman 2x (40% HP, 20% DEF/SPR)
    ADV 5 (40% DEF/MAG/SPR)
    Staff Mastery (50% SPR)
    Thirst of Survival (30% HP/SPR)
    Patriotic Recall (30% HP, 20% DEF)

Stats with Bahamut:
    9937 HP
    453 MP
    350 MAG
    369 DEF
    884 SPR

Arena:
    Let me tell you something.... LM Fina (especially with a high evasion build) is so god damn annoying. Curaja, AoE 100% Reraise, AoE HP recover counters and AoE damage counters. Ugh, of course most will nuke her, but if she is too tanky she can be very annoying.
    For yourself she is probably the best Arena Healer simply because she can DC Ultima for finisher damage, has decent HP, great innate status ailment protection and of course the ridiculous heals.
    If you want to be annoying, use Lotus Mage Fina in the Arena. Many people might hate you for that.

Lotus Mage Fina [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Tilith
    • LM Fina has way higher HP, MP and SPR
    • LM Fina has decent counters
    • LM Fina can DC Curaja, Full-Life and Reraise
    • LM Fina can apply AoE Reraise with her LB
    • LM Fina has better element resistance buffs
    • LM Fina is a way better MP battery
    • LM Fina can cure all status ailments
    • LM Fina has great status ailment protection
    • LM Fina has Entrust
    • Both have an AoE 100% HP revive
    • Tilith has higher MP regen
    • Tilith has an AoE status break resistance buff
    • Tilith has 75% camouflage
    There isn't much of a point comparing LM Fina to Tilith in most scenarios. However, no matter how small these niche is, Tilith's only niche that would MIGHT make it more desireable to use her over LM Fina would be the protection against status breaks. Which can be a pain from time to time. But literally everything else LM Fina does better, if you have LM Fina and Tilith there is little to no point in using Tilith as LM Fina outclasses her hands down. Do note though that you won't need LM Fina if you happen to have Tilith.
    Lotus Mage Fina wins.

Lotus Mage Fina [​IMG] VS [​IMG]Ayaka
    • LM Fina has higher HP but slightly less SPR
    • LM Fina has higher MP
    • LM Fina has an AoE Reraise
    • LM Fina has an AoE 45% all element resistance buff
    • LM Fina has better MP battery capabilities
    • LM Fina has Entrust
    • Both have the same healing spells
    • Both can DC their healing spells
    • Both can cure all status ailments
    • Both have the same status ailment protection
    • Both have an AoE 100% HP revive
    • Ayaka's LB is super hard to get but very rewarding
    • Ayaka has innate stop resistance
    • Ayaka can cure stop to all allies
    It basically goes like this:
    Ayaka was already an over-the-top healer. She was incredibly strong, carried many players through trials or even made them very easy for them. Super strong heals, Reraise and DC already makes for a massive healer currently.
    Take all that and put LM Fina's kit onto that. LM Fina is basically a slightly upgraded version from Ayaka with higher versatility. Though Ayaka has one big niche over LM Fina when it comes down to facing enemies with Stop as Ayaka not only is able to resist it but also able to cure it.
    In any other case LM Fina is better. Do note, once again, if you have Ayaka: LM Fina won't be a big upgrade for you.
    LM Fina wins.

Trust Master Reward:
    This TMR is great for magic tanks, healers and supporters of all kind WHEN facing status ailments. 51 SPR and a ribbon effect on a hat is very strong, but the Frozen Crown is always better as long as status ailments don't matter.
    For the arena this is deadly as well as it opens up a slot for Quick Assault or Ring of the Lucii over Discernment or Ribbon.
    Not a high priority TMR but really nice to have.

Conclusion:
    What did you expect?
    LM Fina is amazing for all types of players.
    Beginners can not only utilise her insane heals and great stats to make her a staple unit as a healer, but due to many early game trials and bosses being quite frail, beginners can actually utilise her damaging abilities very well. Since she can also elemental chain, you might want to consider to do that with a friend LM Fina and deal some pretty decent damage.
    For experienced players and for whales, LM Fina will be the healer you want. OP Heals, massive versatility, great LB, basically all you want from your healer to be able to pull off at the current moment. However, myself and many other players who are simply loaded with TMRs have experienced that healers aren't too important currently. This is for the people who have for instance Tilith and aren't sure wether to go for LM Fina or not. She will be a massive upgrade from Tilith, but you don't necessarily need it. It's almost luxury.
    However, that's not the point of this. LM Fina is just outstanding for every player at every stage of the game due to all these reasons I've listed. You don't need high-end gear to make her good. Her kit fits to every stage of the game and it's great to see such a great unit in general.
    Unless you don't like Kunshira or have Ayaka, go for LM Fina as she will be the best healer in the 6* meta. Well, unless there will be a GE healer.... mwahaha.

Character Design: 9.5/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Healer: 9.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 8.5/10
    Arena: 8.5/10
    Limit Burst: 9.5/10
    Future Proof: 9/10
    Free 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 9.5/10
    Personal Rating: 9.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10

[On-Banner Reviews]
    [​IMG] Kunshira (5*)

Wanna support me?
    I put a lot of effort into it!
    Everything helps
    My Patreon

Personally I won't be pulling on this banner at all. Maybe some free tickets but that's it. I haven't actually used a healer in a long time and for many trials I didn't even use one as well. I have Tilith and already know the next upcoming trials that are scheduled, so I don't have a big desire to go for Fina. In the far future I like e.Ayaka and Ayaka 7* more than Fina's as well, so I don't want her. But I already know many of you will go ham on her and I do wish everybody who pulls for her great luck! Go and get her!

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. KnightOfTruth

KnightOfTruth Ascended Member Supporter

I'm first! Hopefully I'm first to get her tomorrow too!

3. Scoustar

Scoustar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    130ish
    Thanks for the review Oh Mighty Meme!

Are you planning a Kunshira review? I'm intrigued by the water imperil on offer, and possibly finisher feasibility for Tidus. Yeah, I know, asking about the "other" banner 5* now is cheeky, but I have Ayaka already :oops:

4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yes :) And thanks!

Cloud09 and Redtide like this.
  5. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Meme who are you gonna review when you hit 10k likes?

Memel0rd likes this.
  6. Sagranth

Sagranth Ascended Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus,Trance Terra,Barbariccia,Garnet
    I.WANT.HER. ::rudecat1::

Memel0rd likes this.
  7. Scoustar

Scoustar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    130ish
    Sweet! I await your post with baited breath ::=3::

Memel0rd likes this.
  8. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    CG Fina is waifu healer and waifu healer is CG Fina!!!

Fenix808 likes this.
  9. djseifer

djseifer Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Aileen/TGC/OK/2B/T.Terra/Lila?
    I guess Fina's boobs got an upgrade in season 2 as well.

mc2rpg, RoxemLan, Manveru and 6 others like this.
  10. tozby

tozby Member

ty you meme for great review. Now lets just cross fingers for crystal with Fina in it::toad::

Memel0rd likes this.
  11. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    Barusanator
    Might pull on her just for arena ::ink::

Khidir likes this.
  12. Sagranth

Sagranth Ascended Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus,Trance Terra,Barbariccia,Garnet
    And get full team stopped by Noctis ::ink::.

Kenari, Malik, frithsblessing and 4 others like this.
  13. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    Barusanator
    Ye, still need Ayaka to handle stops xD

Roys stop is also annoying i think, can be used only once per turn but 50% chance on all enemies...

14. edude127

edude127 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    QH chainers, Hyoh, Malphasie
    Thanks for the review, meme! Though I feel the message "You don't need her if you've got Ayaka" should be bolded and enlarged :P

Gladio, nox and Memel0rd like this.
  15. theJanne

theJanne Spoopy GIF Maker VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Tidus / JP: CG Sieghart
    137/14
    Great review again, mate.

I'm more interested in Kunshira and how she compares against Fryevia

Krota, nox and Memel0rd like this.
  16. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    ::thonk::

Redtide, Khidir and djseifer like this.
  17. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Oh I'm not sure, but I'll probably write a special review like usual. Just with my current schedule + how things generally go I had to abandon the 1k each special reviews

Victor X and Redtide like this.
  18. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    You can do it!

19. Xon

Xon "Hall of Fame" Member

I'm pulling for Kunshira because she has an attack + 70% resists in 5 elements. That's pretty boss. Also chains with Loren in 6* and 7*. I'd say if you use Loren, esp in 7* realms, you'll want Kunshira.

mc2rpg and theJanne like this.
  20. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Olive/Rena/Barb/
    I am probably going to skip the banner. I have Ayaka and, every time I need a healer, she is locked doing healing things anyway. I don't really feel like I will be able to use any of LMF's kits that much (I can't even use all the stuffs Ayaka has in her kits). I probably just wait until one day she may decide to join me by chance (if you do, can you switch to your dark side first ?). Other units look more interesting to me, especially Kunshira, but I'm not a fan of hybrid unit at all. (Yes, I'm looking at my 3 LV's and wondered what to do every single day. LoL.)