1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Reberta (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, May 11, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd returns Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nalu | JP: Hyou
    A female dragoon appearing on battlefields throughout the world. She has been incredibly successful over many a battle. Attacking from high above, riding atop her red dragon as she brings death to those below, she has come to be known among mercenaries as the "Crimson Death." On the other hand, she believes strongly in strengthening the bonds between dragons and humans, and though she loves them very much, she is not opposed to punishing those who step out of line. She has an incredibly strong bond with the dragon she travels along with. Kain just switched genders... Wait, it's an actually new released unit, nevermind then.

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG]5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Crimson Blood (Spear) - +128 Attack ; +50% damage against Dragons

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3575 (+390) Mag: 117 (+26)
    MP: 138 (+65) Def: 120 (+26)
    Atk: 154 (+34) Spr: 111 (+26)

5*: Lvl 10 - HP + 20%
    5*: Lvl 31 Ignitos Bond - Increase DEF (20%) ; Increase fire, ice and lightning resistance (20%)
    5*: Lvl 56 - Atk + 30%
    6*: Lvl 24 Pike Mastery - Increase ATK (50%) when equipped with a spear
    6*: Lvl 52 Ignitos Support - Increase damage for jump attacks (200%)
    6*: Lvl 78 Restorative Breath - Heal (0 HP, 5x) per turn ; Refresh (10 MP, 0x) per turn (not sure if this is the actual passive, will be updated)
    6*: Lvl 83 Dragoon Meister - Increase resistance to confuse (100%) ; Increase physical damage (100%) against dragons
    5*: Lvl 1 Jump (7 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (1.8x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy
    5*: Lvl 18 Lance (10 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (0.8x) with HP drain (20%) to one enemy ; Physical damage (0.3x) with MP drain (10%) to one enemy
    5*: Lvl 45 Raging Thrust (32 MP / 3-Hit) - Physical damage (2x) to one enemy ; Increase ATK (80%) for 3 turns to caster
    5*: Lvl 80 Ice Breath (28 MP / 3-Hit) - Ice physical damage (2x) to all enemies ; Decrease ice resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 80 Lightning Breath (28 MP / 3-Hit) - Lightning physical damage (2x) to all enemies ; Decrease lightning resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 80 Fire Breath (28 MP / 3-Hit) - Fire physical damage (2x) to all enemies ; Decrease fire resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    6*: Lvl 13 Recovery Jump (50 MP / 1-Hit) - Recover MP (150) to caster ; Recover HP (2000) to caster ; Physical damage (1x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy
    6*: Lvl 100 Mystic Thrust (45 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (4x) to one enemy

If used after Ice Breath/Lightning Breath/Fire Breath:
    Physical damage (4x) to all enemies
    6*: Lvl 100 Crimson Death (52 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (3x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy

If used after Jump/Recovery Jump/Raging Thrust:
    Additional Physical damage (4.5x + 7-Hits) with delay (1 turn) to one enemy

6* Limit Burst:
    Destructive Thrust (Base): 12-Hit Decrease DEF (45%) for 3 turns to one enemy ; Physical damage (6.5x) to one enemy
    Destructive Thrust (Max): 12-Hit Decrease DEF (45%) for 3 turns to one enemy ; Physical damage (7,7x) to one enemy

Pros:
    Starting things off, Reberta has a good ATK Base which is boosted by 80% in total. That's really good and a bit above the average 70% passives. She also gets pretty good survivability for a DPS Unit through + 20% HP, +20% Def and a bit more elemental resistances. She also comes in with some sort of Auto-Refresh and MP-Refresh, but this part will be actually updated soon. From what I can tell now, that it synergyzes well with the jump theme she has. Ignitos support boosts her jump damage by 200%. That's A LOT. She also has 100% confusion resist and +100% damage against dragons, which is good for her actual abilities besides jumps for now.

"Raging Thrust" is currently still considered good, since the most common buffs are Embolden (+45% attack) and Cecil's LB (+74% Attack at max). It also follows into a combo for "Crimson Death", which I'll talk about later.
    Reberta can lower the enemy's fire / ice / lightning resistance, though it's common resistances, it can still find it's niches. Nothing to complain about having some debuffs to use. The "Breath"s can also make "Mystic Thrust" AoE, which would be pretty solid against multiple enemies since you can debuff all of their resistances and follow up with (ideally) your elemental equipped Mystic Thrust.

Recovery Jump is nice to have, rarely used but still can find it's uses.

Her main ability you are going to use is "Crimson Death". This attack can deal some serious damage. I'll do some maths for you to show.
    You'll start off with a 3x mod for it, which is bad. But if you use "Crimson Death" after Raging Thrust or Recovery Jump (or Jump, but you ain't using that), it increases to a 7.5x mod. Which is still bad. If you don't have much chaining options or run a defensive team comp with no real chainers / 1 attacker this girl has some huge power to unleash.

Thanks to @Fina1215 and @Parade I'll change this up. Her Crimson Death is a 7-hitter, making her and a clone of her spark chain and be used as a finisher (the finishing is a bit unreliable. by itself. There can't be elemental chains rn (only a minor damage loss, since spark chains hit the chain cap insanely fast), but in the future this will be a lot better. This is a huge increase in the ratings.

Cons:
    Reberta has really lowish SPR. No SPR passives nor a good SPR base. This makes her vulnerable to many magic attacks.

But that's not the real con. Her real con is the jump mechanic.

Jumps don't include Killer Abilities, Elemental Weapons (both will be fixed in the future, so I don't really see that as a con) but also... It's not chainable. This alone makes jumps 100x worse.
    EDIT: It is a 7-Hitter and can be pretty good chainable with a clone of Reberta. Only problem is, that the finisher frames aren't controlable -> a bit unreliable. The chain tho is consistent.

She also has a very limited weapon selection. Yes, she can use Dark Knight's Soul, but the most common DPS Units can use two weapon masteries, she only can use one. And since we don't have Wind Veritas' TMR ("+50% ATK when equipped with Lance & Increase Jump Damage 25%") , Reberta only has access to one weapon mastery TMR and cannot increase her jump damage even further.

Side-Notes: (new)
    Reberta will eventually get better in the future without directly buffing her. We will get a lot more stuff to boost up Jump's damage (e.g. Wind Veritas' TMR).
    We will also receive an update which will fix the elemental and killer ability ignoring mechanic Jump currently has.
    + since GL tries to balance all those shitty mechanics (e.g. Fryevia Hybrid Units // Olive DH Units), I assume we will get an exclusive Jump buff in some regards in the future. Maybe not the near future, but I'm somewhat sure they'll do something about it.

Arena:
    Her AoE moves a bound to elemental damage which is often resisted by many units. On top of that, from what I experience (myself is pretty active in arena) and what I hear from others in chat, 100% evasion (or high evasion units) are a common theme there. So she isn't only bound to elemental damage, but also to physical damage.
    She is usable, but she is just average. Nothing special.

Comparison: Nine
    [​IMG]

- Reberta has higher ATK base and higher ATK passives
    - Reberta can equip swords (usage of DKS)
    - Reberta has some niche elemental coverage + debuff
    - Reberta is only 1 turn up in the air with way higher modifiers
    - Reberta has innate refreshs + recovery jump, making her self-sustainable
    - Reberta's LB is way better than Nine's
    - Both are Dragoons

Nine is worse in every aspect. His average jump damage per turn is way below Reberta's, he takes up 4 turns for one actual jump (making many buffs useless to him, since they are 3-turns restricted, same goes for debuffs). He has no innate status ailment protection, while Reberta at least has one against confusion.
    Honestly, Reberta is simply a better Nine. Never forget Nine.

Since there aren't really jumpers implemented yet, Nine was the only real comparison. And he lost by all means, so feel free to call Reberta the best Dragoon in the game for now.

Trust Master Reward:
    It's awesome. A 128 ATK Spear with Dragon Killer in it, this TMR is simply worth to get your hands on. It will also synergyze with Reberta in the future.

My Conclusion:
    Like I said, she is a Dragoon, which is a bad thing. But if you can't chain with your team or run a 1-Attacker-Team, she is simply amazing.
    BIG BUT:
    If you can manage to do good chains with good finishers, she will be outdamaged PROBABLY, there still might be cases in the future she'll outdamage them. Regarding the jump mechanics are fixed and you have her own TMR, you have a amazing niche against Dragons (+150% damage against dragons + Odin another 50%) her Jump will deal INSANE damage.
    So overall, she is a fun unit to run, but if you compare her to the main damage dealers right now (chaining included), she will lose. Grab her if you want, not a must pull one.
    EDIT: With 2 Rebertas you can chain.

Character Design: 9/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Chainer: 4/10, but 9/10 if 2 Rebertas (Spark-Chains OPOP)
    Finisher: 7/10 (unreliable)
    Personal Rating: 7.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 9.5/10 (only if used in a 1-Attacker-Team or 2 Rebertas that got the Spark-Chain)

I really hoped you liked the review. Apparently she's really good if you have clones.
    Thanks to @Fina1215 again and the awesome thread:
    http://brave-exvius.com/threads/video-2-x-reberta-performing-crimson-death.15122/

Have a nice day!

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. BNANA

BNANA "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Tongue Punch Mc Fart Box
  3. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    I only liked the review because you blackmailed me to expose my hentai folder.

b-baka!

Khidir, Mcleod, Perunsin and 2 others like this.
  4. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd returns Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yo, you know who came up with the 1-Attacker-Comp? Not you, mr jose. It was all me :^)

PS: I kinda cringe for knowing what "baka" means...

5. Akari

Akari Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen, Rem or Oldmandeau
    A unit designed for whales but poorly designed for whales. I will wait to see exactly how bad she is when @Observer pulls her tomorrow. Until then, I'm reserving this spot for when she is actually in-game.

6. Abudaman

Abudaman "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

I love her sprite.....but ill pass

7. Resnesky

Resnesky Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nalu, Olive, Fryevia, Barbie, eTT
    Nice review Meme, if she falls on daily pulls, I'll be happy, but won't hard pull for her.

Nonetheless, nice spear she has :D

Memel0rd likes this.
  8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thank you! :) Appreciate it.
    About the daily pull: "My thoughts exactly" #ffxquotes

9. Laguna

Laguna Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    505 206 828
    Leads:
    Luneth, Olive
    I'm in two minds as to whether to go all out for her or not. Love the sprite and the fact she's a bit different, not so sure about the whole jump issue.

That said, I've been running some events lately with a single DPS unit, so that I can bring my full uber-support team (Cecil, Ling, Marie, Y'shtola). Reberta would fit very nicely into that, out-damaging anyone else I could being (Olive included) I would imagine. Might even be able to chain her jumps by taking a friend Noctis / Reberta. Hmmmm.

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

How did she only get 9/10 on her sprite? That shiz should say 11/10.

LOLey and Bitzpleze like this.
  11. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Also why such a bad finisher, she has a single hit 4x damage ability to finish with. That beats most other characters outside of Olive. The only downside to her finishing ability right now is her current limitation to only one +50% ATK materia.

12. Nina

Nina Eyes on Me VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    ::exdeath::

BNANA likes this.
  13. Akari

Akari Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen, Rem or Oldmandeau
    Without DEF ignore you really can't call yourself a proper finisher unless you have some sort of top tier Imperil to exploit along with the weapons to exploit said Imperil.

14. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    TooLegit50, Khidir, Mcleod and 3 others like this.
  15. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

What does DEF ignore have to do with it? A high multiplier is as effective or better than a mediocre attack with defense ignore. Luneth, Firion, and Chizuru all have big single hit DEF ignore attacks, but none of them gets close to 4x even counting in the DEF ignore. Olive is an exception, hitting for effectively 4.8x...but outside of Olive who hits with the equivalent of 4.0x or greater in a single hit?

Beelzeboss likes this.
  16. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yo, it's good, but it's not kain tho.
    Like akari said, her finisher doesn't exploit anything by itself. If her LB would be a 1-Hitter, she'd be a 4/10. I consider bad finishers (which are usable) usually a 4/10, but in comparison to the rest of her kit. If one unit (like aileen) still has some moves to finish with, they aren't necessarily good. Especially if you have way better abilities. So a unit with a 4x mod as best ability would be a 5/10, but she just won't be likely to use it -> worse rating.

Thank you very much! Btw, the animation looks sick.

17. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

What are we talking are good finishers then outside of Setzer rolling well or Olive? If a single hit 4x is bad then what are we comparing it to, LB's? You mentioned Aileen having some finishing moves but she can't muster a single hit greater than 2.4x.

Beelzeboss likes this.
  18. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    That was some kinda example. She can be used as a finisher (with the earth elemental exploit), but is it good by any means? Like you said, no

19. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    So true. I especially like how they included the dragon into the attack :D

20. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Again, name me some good ones so I know what page you guys are on. I can't think of many attacks that do 4x or more, yet alone in a single hit.