1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Roselia (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Kurasame | JP: Akstar
    A white magic practitioner with an otherworldly aura. Just like her father, Roselia was born and raised in the community of white mages that would eventually come to be known as Mysidia. Instead of having any noble intentions, she is driven by a sense of practicality and the knowledge that healing is her forte.
    Not the most exciting unit, but definitely more exciting than Verun and Cedona :). Hope you'll enjoy!

Roselia Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 3*
    [​IMG] 4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Equip Staff - Allow use of Staff

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 2774 (+390) Mag: 115 (+26)
    MP: 195 (+65) Def: 105 (+26)
    Atk: 100 (+26) Spr: 148 (+34)

6* Limit Burst:
    Divine Healing (Base / 20 LB-Crysts): Heal (1000 HP, 1.8x) to all allies
    Cure all status ailments to all allies
    Revive all allies (30% HP)
    Restore MP (20) to caster

Divine Healing (Max / 20 LB-Crysts): Heal (1000 HP, 3x) to all allies
    Cure all status ailments to all allies
    Revive all allies (54% HP)
    Restore MP (44) to caster

Enhanced abilities are bolded.
    3*: Lvl 1 Pray +2 (5 MP) - Heal (100 HP, 1x) to all allies
    Recover MP (30) to all allies

6*: Lvl 32 Affectionate Light (21 MP) - Recover HP (100%) to one ally
    Cure all status ailments to one ally

6*: Lvl 68 White Energy (20 MP) - Recover MP (40) to all allies

6*: Lvl 96 White Light's Rebirth (35 MP) - Heal (1150 HP, 8x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    Revive all allies (100% HP)
    Instant KO to caster
    5*: Lvl 58 - SPR + 20%

6*: Lvl 18 - DEF + 10%

6*: Lvl 38 White Light Maiden - Increase LB gauge fill rate (100%)

6*: Lvl 49 White Light's Protection - Increase resistance to silence, paralyze, and confuse (100%)

6*: Lvl 53 - MP + 30%

6*: Lvl 78 - HP + 20%

6*: Lvl 100 Triple White Magic - Use white magic thrice in one turn
    3*: Lvl 1 Blindna (3 MP) - Cure blind to one ally

3*: Lvl 1 Vox (3 MP) - Cure silence to one ally

3*: Lvl 1 Poisona (3 MP) - Cure poison to one ally

3*: Lvl 11 Banish (3 MP / 1-Hit) - Light magic damage (1.2x) using SPR scaling to one enemy

3*: Lvl 24 Paralyna (5 MP) - Cure paralysis to one ally

3*: Lvl 36 Stona (5 MP) - Cure stone to one ally

4*: Lvl 29 Cura (7 MP) - Heal (400 HP, 3x) to all allies

4*: Lvl 40 Regen (3 MP) - Heal (400 HP, 2x) split over 3 turns to one ally

4*: Lvl 60 Curada (9 MP) - Heal (800 HP, 3.4x) to one ally

5*: Lvl 45 Cleanse (5 MP) - Cure disease to one ally

5*: Lvl 80 Curaga +2 (10 MP) - Heal (1600 HP, 3.4x) to all allies

Pros:
    Finally a 3* unit worth talking about!

Roselia's base stats aren't that impressive. Her best stats are MP and SPR, which are quite good in that aspect. Her passives however are quite good. 30% MP, 20% HP/SPR, 10% DEF. Overall the SPR could have been a lot higher, but the 20% HP helps her out a lot, especially because her HP is quite low. Outside of that, Roselia has silence, paralyze and confusion immunity, which makes it a lot easier to use and gear her against status ailment heavy fights.

White Energy is a nice thing to have for Roselia. While it doesn't heal, it's cheap to use with 20 MP and recovers AoE 40 MP. Again, this is not the best MP battery move, but on turns where you don't have to heal, this can be a blessing. Basically adding to her versatility.

Same goes for Affectionate Light. While I don't see it come in handy as often, it still recovers 100% HP to one ally, which could potentially be very good if you use somebody like Wilhelm with a lot of HP and you need to get it back up to 100%. But mostly you will pass this, nice to have but won't be used as often.

However, White Light's Rebirth may actually be useful. It's an AoE 3 turn 1150 HP, 8x regen over 3 turns and an AoE 100% HP revive. The downside is, Roselia instantly dies. This will probably be more useful for players that still use Rikku, because Roselia would instantly raise again. Though this is more of a gimmicky move. Maybe some potential Meliadoul combinations? Again, I don't see this being as important for experienced players, but for new players mostly.

Before I'm talking about her biggest pro that got added to her 6* kit, let us take a look at her Limit Burst.
    Roselia (at max) has basically an Curaga, AoE heal all status ailments, AoE 54% raise and 44 MP heal to herself. It would have been a lot better if the MP recover is AoE as well. Though this LB can somewhat make up for the lack of Raise in her kit. While it costs 20 crysts, she does have innate 100% hightide, which makes it at least easier to get that LB. Overall if you need to Raise units, you will most likely use this instead of White Light's Rebirth.

Now, for her most important part in the kit: Triple White Magic. Yes, Roselia is the first unit to get triple cast as it stands. Combine that with her Curaga +2 and you can easily get 7000 heals at minimum with SPR buffs. Potentially even going up to 8000~9000 HP depending on your gear which is a lot better than what we currently have with enhanced Luka and enhanced Rem.

Cons:
    I mean, what did you expect, Roselia does have cons.

Her base stats remind me of Tilith. Super low HP, super low DEF. You will seriously have to find a way to make her survive or you won't have an easy time. The good thing is, we get more and more tanks with enhanced WoL, Cagnazzo, Mystea and even the 5* versions with Basch and Wilhelm. So if you got some decent tanks, this will be a lot easier to manage. But as it stands, these two stats are really bad.

Roselia's biggest con however is the lack of Raise. Her own ways of raising party members are either LB reliant (with no follow up heals) or... kill herself. The latter being pretty gimmicky and not easy to use for many teams. If you have a unit that can raise your units, for instance a Warrior of Light with Holy Wand or simply Rikku, try to combine it with that if possible. Or simply don't die, but I can't expect everybody to have a good tank core.

I've already elaborated on why Affectionate Light and White Light's Rebirth are pretty much niche abilities that won't find much usage. But I've skipped Pray +2. Personally I think this move is pretty bad. Yes, it does heal like 300-400 HP probably and 30 MP AoE, but I rather use White Energy than Pray +2. Maybe that's just me, but 300-400 HP seems way too low to be useful.

Generally Roselia doesn't offer as much as other healers do, which might be unattractive to some players due to versatility becoming useful in many situations. You won't have that on her sadly.

Side-Notes:
    There aren't many cool strategies to use with Roselia outside of healing. Regarding her future, she is a 3* unit which is bound to fall out of the meta at some point. The good thing however is that basically every player can easily obtain her. If you don't have a Roselia at this point... I'm sorry for you.
    We will got the Phoenix esper in the far future, which has the Raise spell. So maybe look forward to that, but it's still a long time.

Best in Slot:
    Why? Completely unnecessary. But let's do it for fun.
    Holy Wand (120 SPR)
    Glacial Hat (500 HP, 16 DEF, 50 SPR)
    Rainbow Robe (45 DEF/SPR)
    Arsha's Talisman x2 (40% HP, 20% DEF/SPR)
    Thirst of Survival (30% HP/SPR)
    Staff Mastery (50% SPR)
    ADV 5 (40% DEF/SPR)
    Patriotic Recall (30% HP, 20% DEF)

Stats with bahamut:
    7525 HP
    374 DEF
    752 SPR

Arena:
    She doesn't do anything here really. She can only heal and with her LB cure status ailments. This is outdated for long time already and I do not recommend using Roselia in the arena.

Enhanced Roselia [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Ayaka
    • Ayaka has way higher base HP, DEF and SPR
    • Ayaka has overall way higher stat passives
    • Ayaka has better status ailment protection
    • Ayaka has stop resistance + cure
    • Ayaka has 75% camouflage
    • Ayaka has an AoE 100% HP Revive
    • Ayaka has ST Full-Life and Reraise
    • Ayaka has Curaja
    • Ayaka has many other useful abilites
    • Ayaka has an AoE 2500 HP + 50 MP (except self) recover
    There is basically nothing Roselia can do which Ayaka can't do. Ayaka is better than Roselia in every single aspect. There isn't much to discuss here.
    Ayaka wins.

Enhanced Roselia [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Tilith
    • Tilith has slightly better base stats but worse defensive passives
    • Tilith has an innate 10% MP refresh
    • Tilith has a 75% camouflage
    • Tilith has an AoE 100% HP heal
    • Tilith has an AoE 100% HP revive
    • Tilith has an AoE 2500 HP + 50 MP (except self) recover
    • Tilith has an AoE all element except dark 40% resistance buff
    • Tilith has an AoE break resistance buff
    While Roselia has the option to use different spells in the same turn in theory, unlike Tilith, all she has to offer are heals. And regarding healing, she can't outheal Tilith. And Tilith outside of that is way way easier to sustain, offers easy to have raise possibilities, neat supportive moves and of course her AoE 100% HP recover.
    Tilith wins.

Enhanced Roselia [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Enhanced Rem
    • Rem has higher base stats and way higher defensive passives
    • Rem has all element resistance (10%)
    • Roselia has status ailment protection
    • Both have the same Curaga +2
    • Roselia has triple cast
    • Rem has the option to build DPS while still having very high SPR
    • Rem has a 95% HP raise
    • Roselia has an AoE 40 MP recover
    Here we come to a point where you have to choose yourself. Do you prefer a triple casted Curaga +2 which can heal about 8000~9000 HP with a decent set up or do you prefer a DC Curaga which can heal about 6000~7000 HP "only", but has the ability to also Raise your party members?
    Personally from my past experience, I'd take Roselia because I run strong tanks and my party members don't really die. However some might need that ST Raise.
    Personally Roselia wins, but for other players Rem might be the better choice.

Trust Master Reward:
    A generally useless TMR. It's only BiS for Ramza's current SPR builds, but soon even that will be gone once we get Eiko. I can't think of anyone really using this TMR and I also don't recommend you farming it, especially because Roselia is a 3* unit.

Conclusion:
    It might have seemed like I bashed on her, but you have to keep in mind:
    Roselia is only a 3* unit, which for what she does, is quite remarkable. Only speaking about recovering HP, she's the third best option out there currently outside of LB builds with Rosa / Aria and I think many will start using her mainly because of the fact that they do not own Tilith and Ayaka and thus making this unit a good one.
    Not only super easy to obtain, but very effective for both more experienced players as for beginners. Thumbs up!

Character Design: 5/10
    Sprite: 6/10
    Healer: 8.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 1/10
    Arena: 1/10
    Limit Burst: 6.5/10
    Future Proof: 5/10
    Free 2 Play: 9/10
    Pay 2 Play: 8/10
    Personal Rating: 8.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 8-9/10

[On-Banner Reviews]
    [​IMG] Blossom Sage Sakura (5*)

Some might wonder why I didn't review Cedona or Verun instead of her, but I think Roselia has a lot more impact on the player base than the other two have, so I hope you won't hate me for skipping them. Besides, many many asked me if I could please review her so here we are :).

Wanna support me?
    My Patreon

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Malik, Takit, Garuda1984 and 27 others like this.
  2. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    Nice review meme, and of course you are correct.. for poor tilith-less or Ayaka-less people like me... I find it like a blessing from heaven, of course in some cases I'd rather deploy dual cast aria instead... But of course in general, assuming tanks or party won't die and only left dying instead, this enhanced Roselia is amazing

Memel0rd likes this.
  3. Fencat

Fencat "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, TT
    Good review as always meme!

Good to see a 3* with actual use!

Having lucked out and got Ayaka I don't see a use for her personally but she looks like a great starting/budget healer that I would definitely have used when I started out.

Should be relatively easy to get even for new players starting after the banner so I can see her definitely having a place in many starting teams ::up::

Memel0rd likes this.
  4. Jeany1234

Jeany1234 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth 1077 ATK
    Tilith doesn't have any status ailments... so that is the one thing Roselia is better - other than that as always - great review :)

Memel0rd likes this.
  5. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks guys, appreciate it! :)

6. Consarn

Consarn Chantin' VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Alice, Sakuya and Yukarin
    oh hey its my third favorite woman in the game

also im kinda surprised that you didnt make that joke
    you know the one

7. Cannon engineer

Cannon engineer Ascended Member Supporter

Great review as always meme!
    However, did you forget to mention that she also can equip shield? At least, you can add that info in her BiS build.::thonk::

8. Cannon engineer

Cannon engineer Ascended Member Supporter

eh, it also help her poor def stat

9. Klaus

Klaus Polll0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Any top tier magical chainer. Really.
    This girl was my very first healer. I had her at 5* max level so of course I raised her to 6*. No Ayaka or Tilith here, I might use her instead of Aria on some content.

Goddess Nyx likes this.
  10. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    thecarryallnichol
    I will use her for MP regen stacking once needed in a trial.

11. Seven

Seven Inactive Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Just a question, does her self KO still kill with Safety Bit?

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    yes

Seven likes this.
  13. Reiho

Reiho Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Different hybrids/mages
    Hey Meme, it would be nice if you could add a comparison to her Santa version. It really interests me how these 2 compete to each other.

Iliyana likes this.
  14. Ashlag

Ashlag Ice GS community now live. Fear us, you heretics. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Welp.... Tilith will stay at her post, until I get something better. Nice review :)

Seven likes this.
  15. Ashlag

Ashlag Ice GS community now live. Fear us, you heretics. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Well one is a straightforward healer, and the other is the ultimate counter healer. So unless you can make Santa Roselia counter, she is rather bad/mediocre IMO. If you consider the current optimal team setup, you'll use an AOE Cover tank + a provoke tank. Which means she won't counter much. BUT if you use santa Roselia in gimmick setups like 100%evasion + I.Nichol, the result should be more than efficient and rather fun IMO.

god.nomad likes this.
  16. Iliyana

Iliyana Chasing rainbows! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus
    But don’t forget that enhanced Santa Roselia gets Raise and Dual White magic.

Memel0rd likes this.
  17. Zenakh

Zenakh Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Emperor
    Footnote: Raise should be available via fat chocobo fairly soon.

Memel0rd likes this.
  18. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Spooky Spooky Chocobro Supporter

Global ID:
    Like many vets she was my first healer. I awakened her and will level her for nostalgia and expeditions.

Thanks for the review Meme!

Memel0rd likes this.
  19. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    thecarryallnichol
    Any source?

20. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Ascended Member Supporter

I'm really glad this character provides some solid healing that's basically accessible to everyone! Kinda hoping for some nifty white magic materia to become available in the future though to really take advantage of the triple white magic casting... I don't really keep up with JP developments so maybe I missed something already?

Thanks for the review! Only idea I'd like to get out there is that I like the idea of using her in Arena for the fact that the AI prioritizes LBs over everything else, I think (which might be a good way to get around the whole status-ailments-forcing-Esuna(ga) thing? AI Ayaka never makes good decisions if I throw Blind on some unit, anyway).