1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Veritas of the Heavens (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Rizer is broken Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Warrior of Light Bartz
    One of the Sworn Six of Paladia targeting the Wind Crystal located in Dirnado. Never making his intentions clear, Veritas of the Heavens only concerned himself with destroying the Crystal and obtaining the treasure sleeping within. When his true identity was revealed to be that of Lid's role model and hero, the young airship engineer suffered quite the shock.
    TMR, TMR, TMR. I need it, you need it, every spear user needs it.

Veritas of the Heavens Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 4*
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Sworn Six's Pride - Wind (Materia) - Increase ATK (50%) when equipped with a spear ; Increase damage for jump attacks (25%)

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3630 (+390) Mag: 124 (+26)
    MP: 160 (+65) Def: 121 (+26)
    Atk: 143 (+34) Spr: 124 (+26)

4*: Lvl 26 - MP + 20%
    4*: Lvl 42 High Jump - Increase damage for jump attacks (100%)
    5*: Lvl 10 Clear Mind - Increase resistance to blind and confuse (100%)
    5*: Lvl 36 - MAG + 20%
    5*: Lvl 66 - ATK + 20%
    6*: Lvl 1 Heavenlord - Absorb wind damage taken
    Increase ATK (110%) when HP drops below 30%
    4*: Lvl 1 Spineshatter Dive 1 (10 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (2x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy

4*: Lvl 60 Spineshatter Dive 2 (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (3x) with jump delay (2 turn) to one enemy
    If used after Spineshatter Dive 1:
    Physical damage (5x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 25 Blade Dance (16 MP / 2-Hit) - Physical damage combo (3 times, 1.2x each, 3.6x total) to one enemy

5*: Lvl 80 Spineshatter Dive 3 (30 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (4x) with jump delay (3 turns) to one enemy
    If used after Spineshatter Dive 2:
    Physical damage (5x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy

6*: Lvl 63 Grit (53 MP) - Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (40%) for 2 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 75 Heavenly Wind (45 MP / 10-Hit) - Wind physical damage (2.5x) with ignore DEF (25%) to all enemies

6*: Lvl 100 Spinershatter Dive 0 (50 MP / 1-Hit) - Physical damage (7.5x) with jump delay (10 turns) to one enemy
    If used after Spineshatter Dive 3:
    Physical damage (9x) with jump delay (1 turn) to one enemy
    5*: Lvl 54 Aeroga (20 MP / 1-Hit) - Wind magic damage (1.8x) to all enemies
    6*: Lvl 12 Aeroja (28 MP / 1-Hit) - Wind magic damage (2x) with consecutive damage increase (1x, max: 4, total: 6x) to all enemies

6* Limit Burst:
    Cruel Punishment (Base / 20 LB-Crysts): 10-Hit Physical wind damage (6x) to one enemy
    Decrease wind resistance (80%) for 3 turns to one enemy
    Cruel Punishment (Max / 20 LB-Crysts): 10-Hit Physical wind damage (7.2x) to one enemy
    Decrease wind resistance (104%) for 3 turns to one enemy

Pros:
    Veritas of the Heavens (WV / Wind Veritas)
    starts of with decent allround stats. He has decent HP, decent MP, decent ATK, basically decent in everything. He also gets 20% boosts to MP, which he appreciates, 20% MAG and 20% ATK. I will talk about this later on.

But Wind Veritas also gets a 100% Jump Boost, which means double the modifiers on his jumps to increase his DPS. I will talk about this later on in the Side-Notes! But as it is, 100% jump boosts have a large impact on jumps as they are.

Clear Mind protects Wind Veritas from blind and confusion, which is really good. Both are really pesky ailments for physical DPS units and it's often really nice to have them. +1 from me.

Then he has Heavenlord. He absorbs all incomming wind damage, which is surely nice. There are a bunch of wind damage dealing bosses and I think wind damage will stay relevant often enough, so if you bring Wind Veritas against wind damage, get all the heals. Mhhm.
    But Heavenlord also grants him a permanent buff (unless you die or get dispelled) that grants him 110% ATK once he drops below 30% HP. Strong ATK buff and synergyzes well with his jumps because once he's up there, he can't lose the buff!

Moving on to the active abilities, we have Grit, which is basically Rain's Leadership but only 2 turns. Still a decent enough buff if you don't have any better, but that's about it already.

With Heavenly Wind however he finally has something interesting. It's a 3.325x modifier with 10 hits and innate wind elemental. For a 4* base unit, this is really good to be honest. You can build up high chains with it and it has a decent mod. It's also AoE which makes him a nice option for some AoE nukes against more weak bosses.

Wind Veritas with his LB however can imperil from 80% wind resistance to 104%! Which is the by far the highest wind imperil you will see for a loooong time, it's a massive increase in damage for wind users even with the base form. It also has a decent mod with 6x -> 7.2x and 10 hits, so again a chaining LB. The LB itself is really good, sadly on the wrong unit.

Cons:
    Wind Veritas'
    main theme are jumps.... sigh. And this is not the JP Version where they almost have two major jump updates that make dragoons really good, GL doesn't even have the first Dragoon Update.

Jumps in GL suck right now as long as they can't chain with themselves. Jumps ignore elementals, ignore killers. Jumps can't be landed manually, they land on their own. Which makes them usually really bad.
    And Wind Veritas has huge jump modifiers, that need a little build up time but once you are there, it's massive. His Spineshatter Dive 0 has a 900% vanilla mod. But it's just not useful because we have no Dragoon Updates.

But that's not the only flaw he has. He only 20% ATK has passives with a mediocre ATK stat and awful equipment selection. Huge con which is one of the reasons he can't compete in the meta at all.

Moving on, he has no DEF/SPR passives, he has no HP passives, no innate MP refresh. Everything that makes him even harder to use than he already is. Sadly.

His Grit is also a little outdated. A lot of buffs are around 50% or so, Zargabaath has 60% buffs blah. And if you use a 40% buff it's usually Lunera's song. And Grit might seem good at the first glance, but the amount of turns is just sad. 53 MP for a 2 Turn buff is way too much. Especially with no innate MP refresh and what so ever.

Heavenly Wind's modifier is ok-ish, but providing that he has super low ATK stats, his potential as a good chainer definitely goes down the drench. Bad attack stats can easily mess up a lot of things.

And while his LB is super good on it's own, on a shitty unit like Wind Veritas, it's one of the best potentials thrown away. This LB on a current meta chainer would be mind blowing. But instead it's on a medicore 4* unit.
    Another thing worth mentioning on this one is that it costs 20 LB Crysts and he has no innate Hightide passives, no innate Auto LB passives, nothing. So it's a rather slow LB.

Side-notes:
    For beginners, he is an amazing unit still. And if you happen to have two Kelsus, you can make a hilarious fun team with Wind Veritas. Because Kelsus can perfectly chain for jumping units with Missile Shelter and innate DW. It should spark chain so elementals don't matter.
    Which means, 2x Kelsus (free limited unit) + Wind Veritas can lead to very funny results and I want to try it out myself. Wind Veritas could potentially deal really high damage with this setup.
    Other than that, I don't have any funny mechanics or whatsoever with Wind Veritas.
    His Enhancements in JP focus on his jumps and grant him a little more ATK, so after the Dragoon Update #2 in JP he will be really strong potentially. Potentially an amazing finisher, we'll see.

Arena:
    Wind Veritas is decent in the Arena. He has slight status ailment protection, innate wind elemental on his chains and large AoE chains. Sadly they are physical which means a lot of times you will face unsuccessful chains with some enemy units because of the evasion builds. But he definitely has some usage for those who lack good Arena units.

Wind Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Amelia

- Wind Veritas has higher ATK basestats but 20% less ATK passives
    - Both have awful equipment selection (due to Amelia's DW guns)
    - Amelia has innate DW
    - Wind Veritas has way higher modifiers
    - Wind Veritas' LB is super strong
    - Amelia has far better supportive aspects than Wind Veritas
    - Amelia has way higher survivability
    - Wind Veritas has status ailment protection
    - Wind Veritas absorbs wind damage

I think Wind Veritas dethrones Amelia as a F2P Chainer. Amelia as a F2P has a very hard time being able to elemental chain because there are only two elemental guns. Candygun, which was limited to one back then and Sparky, which is a 5* base TMR and that's a little.... nah.
    While Wind Veritas is also able, similar to Tidus, to imperil the Wind Resistance for a huuuuge amount. He also has a 10-Hitter himself with a really decent mod for F2P's and innate wind elemental which means you don't have to care about putting a specific wind elemental weapon on him.
    While Amelia has higher survivability and better supportive aspects with innate DW, Wind Veritas can actually elemental chain, he can imperil by a huge amount and post imperil he 100% beats her even without DW.
    So Wind Veritas wins.

Wind Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Bran

- Bran has way higher base ATK and 10% higher ATK passives
    - Bran has a really good equipment selection
    - Both have innate elementals
    - Bran has innate 50% imperils
    - Wind Veritas has way higher base modifiers
    - Wind Veritas has an exclusive 80% - 104% imperil that has higher mods than his chain
    - Bran is dual elemental
    - Wind Veritas has better status ailment protection
    - Wind Veritas absorbs wind damage

It's simple. Wind Veritas without his LB loses, while after his LB he wins by a large amount. Because he already has higher base modifiers not including imperils and he has a huge imperil for even higher damage.
    While also noticing that Bran is dual elemental which means his damage has a very high chance to be lowered due to resistances. A lot of bosses either have thunder or holy resistance. Or maybe even both.
    So Wind Veritas, even for an overall usage, still wins.

Wind Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Agrias

- Wind Veritas has slightly higher ATK stats
    - Wind Veritas has higher base modifiers
    - Agrias has a way better equipment selection
    - Wind Veritas has double the hit count
    - Agrias has innate imperil
    - Wind Veritas has a huge extern imperil
    - Agrias has a suicidal tendency with Royal Guard

While Agrias does have an innate imperil, it's almost impossible to use it. Durandal is a limited light large sword that's already gone for good, Rune Blade has 27 Attack and that's basically it. I don't know of any other holy weapons outside of TMR's which is a bad thing for Agrias sadly. If you happen to get Excalibur as beginner, she has good damage potential, but after Wind Veritas' LB he again starts to outdamage her by a lot.
    So overall, since Excalibur is a very common TMR, you could say they are on par. But do keep in mind, Holy is a very common resistance, Wind Veritas has way easier access to these things and if you include Excalibur I'd like to include his max LB as well and by then it's basically....
    4* Tidus [​IMG] VS [​IMG] 4* Orlandeau
    in a free to play PoV.
    So overall Wind Veritas wins.

Trust Master Reward:
    This TMR makes spears a really good usage. It boosts Firion, it boosts Elza, it boosts Aileen, it boosts Reberta, it boosts Wind Veritas. Basically anyone who can successfully use spears, so I recommend grabbing this TMR!

Conclusion:
    Wind Veritas
    is actually better than I thought he would be. By a lot. I went into this review with the mindset that he was an ok-ish damage dealer for a 4* unit but nothing too special.
    But showing me that he actually beats every 4* chainer so far let's me re-think his position and he is definitely a great option for any beginner.
    Also, his fun set with Kelsus seems really cool as well, definitely will give it a try once I pull him.
    In the future in JP he could be a really powerful finisher, not as strong as Helmless Kain probably, but still something worth mentioning.

@TLA 's: Should you Pull?

Character Design: 7/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Chainer: 7.5/10
    Finisher: 5/10 (without any dragoon updates)
    Arena Rating: 6.5-7.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 9/10
    Limit Burst: 9.5/10
    Free 2 Play: 8.5-9/10
    Pay 2 Play: 7/10
    Personal Rating: 8/10
    Optimal Rating: 7-7.5/10

I want that Spear Mastery pls.
    [insert funny spear jokes hear, full penetration]

Memel0rd out

JMR, Redtide, Fenix808 and 24 others like this.
  2. Demiluna

Demiluna "Hall of Fame" Member

For his tm i would like to add that DKC and DV can use spears as well, which well if you have crimson blood is insane on either of those.

3. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Rizer is broken Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    True true, forgot that.
    DV with elza tmr and deathbringer :3

iNi likes this.
  4. Crixus

Crixus Ascended Member Supporter

Great review as always! I'm not a fan of jump... but I want that TMR!

5. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat
    Skipping banner, i do not need the Veritas, but i came to give Meme my support!

(inner self: hes lying he have no more tickets or lapis!)

6. asynchronmk2

asynchronmk2 Ascended Member

I think i should pull for him or better his tm for Aileen or Elza.

Jbig likes this.
  7. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    Thanks Memel0rd.
    No surprise here, i was looking more for his TMR than himself (more mastery for my side DD, like DKC, K.delita even 9S can use it). But i'm not pulling, currently stacking some tix/lapis for next time. We should be able to pull them (this Varitas banner) anytime. So no rush :)

I would be glad to see the Dragoon update here, could be fun. Now it's kind boring/useless.
    How it is on the JP version? I don't really know, and i'm only follow from far the enhancement/toon release.

8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Dragoon update #1 (already implemented)
    Jumps now include killers and elemental weapons.

Dragoon update #2 (comming soon)
    Jumps deal a little more damage
    Jumps can now be manually tapped to Land -> can be used as finisher

Koubo likes this.
  9. Chibi Noctis

Chibi Noctis Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, Emperor, Cloud, Olive
    I just got this guy off my GL half off pull. o_O *Stores him away for later usage.*

10. Dino

Dino Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I got to try him with dragoon gauntlets on another 100% to the jump attack

Chibi Noctis likes this.
  11. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Holy lance (https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Holy_Lance) is the F2P way to go for her: with Wind Veritas's TMR, this now become the best option for people without Excalibur, since Holy Lance has a higher ATK than Durendal (which was time limited anyway) and on the off-hand you can give Agrias Genji Blade with BM or Apocalypse with LSM for a build with (mostly) free stuff.

One thing I would mention as a pro for Agrias in the comparison with Wind Veritas is the fact that, like Orlandeau, her chaining skill is non-elemental, so she can be equipped with other elemental weapons for elemental chaining, whereas Wind Veritas is locked behind Wind element for chaining (maybe not such a huge problem since Wind is not a very commonly resisted element, but still). I think this is really Agrias' strong point for F2P's: even though equipping different elemental weapons is theoretically something that units like Amelia and Setzer can also do, Agrias has a way better weapon selection than those guys and, more importantly, she can equip greatswords and katanas which are the kind of weapons having overall higher ATK stats and with a good range of elemental options (especially looking at the future).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  12. Bravest

Bravest Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Finally having two 6* Kelsus is going to pay off. Just pulled VH and eager to try jump chaining for fun ::blackmage::

13. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    yes, with his TMR that is. But in general when comparing 4* DPS units I don't like to include TMR's and with that innate elemental attacks are a huge boost because you dont have to limit yourself to stuff like wind spear.

Chibi Noctis likes this.
  14. Chibi Noctis

Chibi Noctis Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, Emperor, Cloud, Olive
    I have to admit, he's pretty well balanced. I wasn't expecting that. Kind of surprised me like Zyrus did. ::boco::

15. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Hmm, ok, I see. Well, let me put these here though: 2 (non necessarily BiS) DPS builds for F2P's - with only DW as a TMR - for both Agrias and Wind Veritas.

• Agrias 6 Star
    • FFBEDB Unit Calculator
    • Right Hand: Apocalypse +103ATK
    • Left Hand: Holy Lance +82ATK+Light Element
    • Head: Tiger Mask +14ATK+3DEF
    • Body: Lasswell's Clothes +10ATK+38DEF+12SPR+Sleep/Paralyze/Confuse w/ Lasswell
    • Accessory 1: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
    • Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
    • Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
    • Ability 2: ATK +30% +30%ATK
    • Ability 3: Adventurer-4 +30%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
    • Ability 4: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
    • Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
    • Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
    • Total Stats: HP: 5546 MP: 301 ATK: 711 DEF: 308 MAG: 255 SPR: 235
    • Veritas of the Heavens 6 Star
    • FFBEDB Unit Calculator
    • Right Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
    • Left Hand: Moogle Spear +82ATK+1LB/turn+10%HP/MP/ATK w/Moogle
    • Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
    • Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
    • Accessory 1: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
    • Accessory 2: Ruler's Ring +5DEF/SPR+5%HP/MP+15%ATK/MAG
    • Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
    • Ability 2: ATK +30% +30%ATK
    • Ability 3: Adventurer-4 +30%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
    • Ability 4: Spirit of Freedom +15%ATK+10%Evasion
    • Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
    • Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
    • Total Stats: HP: 4472 MP: 331 ATK: 650 DEF: 313 MAG: 313 SPR: 227

I had to include some LT items and abilities for Wind Veritas, otherwise his ATK doesn't even get to 600 (due to lack of good weapons essentially). So, yeah, Agrias still has at least 61 more ATK than Wind Veritas (more if you allow her to have LT items) and way more room for improvement than Wind Veritas, because she can abuse weapon masteries more effectively. You are probably right that Wind Veritas still outdamages Agrias every time his imperil from LB is up.

So yeah, this overall goes in the direction of what you said, I think: Agrias has way more potential than Wind Veritas (especially when she gets enhanced) but, out of the box, Wind Veritas is possibly a better choice :)

16. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    About this. I learned some more about chaining lately. The word around the street was "regular chain is 10%, elemental chain is 30%, spark chain is 50%". So if you could Spark, who needs elements, right?!

Well, as it turns out, it's actually...

Chain: Base 10%
    Element Chain PER MATCHING ELEMENT: +20%
    Spark Chain: +40%

Also, Spark Chains work differently, they can only occur ever other hit. For example, when hit 1 and hit 2 collide together, that's a "Spark Chain". Then when hit 3 and hit 4 together, that's the second Spark Chain. There's no Spark Chain for 2 and 3. So unlike normal and Elemental Chains, which can occur every hit, Spark Chain occurs every other hit.

You might know this already but probably most don't, the reason I am saying it here is that even with Spark Chaining, Elements would still matter with Jump Update #1. A matching Element chain stacks with a Spark Chain, it's not one or the other.

Side bonus: Double Element chains are possible too - for example, a Dark Veritas and an Orlandeau each with Excalibur and Moonblade would actually get 70% chain bonus (10% +20% Elemental +20% Elemental). Good stuff.

Back to Veritas of the Heavens... I prefer VoH or HV for his abbreviation, VoW/WV is taken by Water Veritas. Regarding the AoE chaining... I failed to take that move into consideration. I was too focused on the Jumps. But with his Imperil being so amazing it could be worthwhile. The modifier is really low though... is he really the best? I guess when you take into account that he has a chaining LB, that makes the difference.

17. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    The modifier is really low with ~3.3x , but look at the other 4* chaining moves:
    Amelia 2.0x
    Agrias 3.2x
    Bran 2.7x
    Rikku 2.3x
    Setzer 3.2x

So he beats them all with a base modifier of 3.325x and a possible 104% imperil that has a 7.2x modifier, which is even stronger than a DW chain, so even in terms of the damage rotation worth it!

Silverbacktothefuture and Parade like this.
  18. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    That's basically what I said:)
    same scenario with bran, without his LB -> loss, with his LB -> win

This occurs to almost every case with tidus as well :P
    Also, Why Ruler's ring > Ifrit claw? His base ATK is shabby, flat 30 ATK would be better. The dragon spear from vault is a nice option as well.

Parade, Arnatuile and Chibi Noctis like this.
  19. Arnatuile

@salo1419, I summon thee! (@Parade: chat history reasons)
    I am really upset by this thing, more than what I should (not with you @Parade of course). Why on earth (and on heaven), is Veritas of the Heavens the only Veritas that doesn't get named after his element (even in game)? The others are known as Flamelord/Fire Veritas, Earthlord/Veritas of the Earth etc. Why can't he be Windlord/Veritas of the Wind(s)? Not to mention that Veritas of the Heavens reminds me more of Light Veritas honestly. Should we start calling FV as Veritas of the Blazing Furnace/Veritas of the Surging Volcano, LV as Veritas of the Seventh Sky, Water Veritas as Veritas of the High Tide as well? This little airship maker is too supercilious for me ::rudecat15:: \tirademodeoff
    Right, forgot about Ifrit's claw. Yeah, that's better for both Agrias and Wind Veritas.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Master Red and Fenix808 like this.
  20. Klaus

Klaus Polll0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Me.
    "Zargabaath has 60% buffs blah"
    65% AoE and 100% ST.

As I have Knight Delita: 9S > Bran > This guy.
    Mainly because he doesn't imperil Lightning, nor does he chain well.

You have to make a part of the guide for semi-F2Players inn which you mention 5* units that F2P may have but without TMRs, and how good/bad the featured unit would be for them. Example: You have Reberta or Fohlen? Get this guy just to have his TMR in standby.

Nice review though, like always. Here you have you like ::rudecat5::

Memel0rd likes this.