1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Veritas of the Light (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nyx | JP: Hyou
    One of the Sworn Six of Paladia who encountered Rain and his friends while they journeyed through Mysidia. Veritas of the Light is extremely proud, and her motivation for realizing the group's ambitions is far greater than that of any other member. After learning that Rain has joined Sakura's cause, she displays a deep resentment for the young knight and ruthlessly attacks him. The intensity of her feelings was such that it manifested into a vision, although she does not pride herself on this.
    Aye, she is here, finally. Got her in JP and she is really good. Also, I thought at first she was a male, thanks heavy armor! ::ink::

Disclaimer: Has to be properly mathed out

Veritas of the Light Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    No innate weaknesses | No innate resistances
    Trust Master Reward: Sworn Six's Pride - Light (Materia) - Increase MAG (40%) and HP (20%) ; Decrease chance of being targeted (50%)

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3544 (+450) Mag: 139 (+30)
    MP: 185 (+75) Def: 120 (+30)
    Atk: 139 (+30) Spr: 136 (+30)

5*: Lvl 12 - SPR + 10%

5*: Lvl 20 Eternity - Increase resistance to sleep, silence, and petrify (100%)

5*: Lvl 48 Auto-Regen - Auto-heal (120 HP, 0.6x) per turn

5*: Lvl 56 - MP + 20%

5*: Lvl 66 Light Retribution - 20% chance to counter physical attacks with:
    Decrease light resistance (100%) for 3 turns to one enemy

5*: Lvl 80 Dual Shooter - Allow use of throwing weapons and guns in both hands, except two-handed weapons

6*: Lvl 1 Splendor -Absorb light damage taken
    Increase ATK (100%) when HP drops below 30%
    Increase MAG (100%) when HP drops below 30%

6*: Lvl 8 - MAG + 30%

6*: Lvl 25 - HP + 20%

6*: Lvl 36 Auto-Refresh - Recover MP(5%) per turn

6*: Lvl 72 Noble Gunner - Increase MAG (50%) when equipped with a throwing weapon
    Increase ATK (50%) when equipped with a gun

6*: Lvl 87 License to Kill - Increase physical damage against demons, mechanical, fairies, and undead monsters (50%)
    Increase magic damage against demons, mechanical, fairies, and undead monsters (50%)
    5*: Lvl 30 Divine (24 MP) - Heal (1000 HP, 4.5x) to all allies

5*: Lvl 30 Charge (20 MP) - Recover MP (120) to caster
    Decrease SPR (30%) for 2 turns to caster

5*: Lvl 70 Negation (18 MP) - Remove all status effects from all enemies

6*: Lvl 64 Blowback (54 MP / 5-Hit) - Light hybrid damage (8x) to all enemies
    Increase ATK/MAG (45%) for 3 turns to all allies

6*: Lvl 95 Damnation (20 MP / 2-Hit) - Hybrid damage (1.5x) to all enemies
    Enables access to the following ability for 3 turns:
    Saint Buster (60 MP / 1-Hit) - Hybrid damage (16x) to all enemies

6*: Lvl 100 Divine Shot (54 MP / 7-Hit) - Light hybrid damage (7x) to all enemies
    Decrease light resistance (50%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    5*: Lvl 45 Holy (35 MP / 1-Hit) - Light magic damage (2.3x) to one enemy

6*: Lvl 50 Ultima (60 MP / 1-Hit) - Magic damage (2.8x) with ignore SPR (25%) to all enemies

6* Limit Burst:
    Dawn of Judgement (Base / 19 LB-Crysts): Light hybrid damage (11x) to all enemies
    Decrease DEF/SPR (50%) to all enemies
    Dawn of Judgement (Base / 19 LB-Crysts): Light hybrid damage (12.2x) to all enemies
    Decrease DEF/SPR (74%) to all enemies

Pros:
    Veritas of the Light (LV)
    is another amazing hybrid unit alongside Fryevia. First off, her base stats are amazing. Good HP, high MP, decent ATK/MAG, good DEF and high SPR. The thing which really makes me happy, which we didn't see with Fryevia: good HP. Not only is her base at ~4k HP, but Light Veritas also has 20% HP passives. FINALLY. Alongside that, she also gets 20% MP with 5% MP refresh, decent enough. A 10% SPR boost is good, too. Nothing too amazing but it increases the survivability, which is always a good thing.

But, the main deal in terms of her traits is her innate DW combined with Noble Gunner. With Dual Shooter, Light Veritas gains access to DW Guns and Projectiles, while Noble Gunner gives her 50% MAG with Projectiles and 50% ATK with Guns. Amazing synergy in the passives, while she also gets 30% innate MAG passives for a total of 80% MAG and 50% ATK right of the bet.

License to Kill gives Light Veritas even more allround damage. She has 4 different 50% killers with that. Demon Killer, Machine Killer, Spirit Slayer and Undead Killer. BUT, she also has these killers as magic killers, though I doubt that magic killers work with hybrid moves, need someone to confirm this for me! From what I know hybrid moves only use physical killers since they are coded as physical abilities. Non or less, awesome set of killers.

Light Veritas has a 20% chance upon receiving a physical hit to counter with a massive 100% Light Imperil, which boosts her DPS a lot. All her important abilities are innate light elemental, which means once she procs this counter on the enemy, you will see a huge ramp up in damage and it's the only 100% light imperil we currently have.

While she counters with a 100% Light imperil, Light Veritas also, like the other Veritas, absorbs light elemental damage. Like usual, awesome to have against light damage dealing enemies while I see a very good synergy with Diabolos on this one. Diabolos has good MAG, two killers and lowers your light resistance. And that's exactly what you want, because no matter how low your light resistance is, you will 1:1 heal for the damage. And the more light damage you would receive, the higher your heals will be. Which means, if Light Veritas had a 50% light weakness, her heals would only get stronger.
    But, Splendor also boosts Light Veritas' ATK and MAG once she drops below 30% for 100% as long as she doesn't die or gets dispelled. And 100% ATK/MAG is still a really strong buff especially if you don't use enhanced Soleil like I do.

Eternity grants her immunity to sleep, silence and petrify. Sleep and Petrify are one of the nastiest status ailments and for the players without a ribbon it can always be a little pesky to deal with sleep / petrify. While petrify has a bunch of accessories, Light Veritas can't equip Black Cowl / Black Bandana, so the sleep resistance really shines in my eyes.

Now, we finally reached the active abilities, sorry for all that talk. But her passives are really important.

Divine is a really simple ability, it's basically a stronger Curaja in form of an ability. Great for no magic missions and emergency heals, personally this sometimes was a little gamechanger in trials for me.

Charge is an easy way to recover a lot of Light Veritas' MP. You simply gain 120 MP (+ innate MP refresh ~15-20 MP) while decreasing your own SPR for 30%. Sounds like a lot but the SPR debuff takes your base stats and 30% SPR isn't the absolute highest, it also only lasts 2 turns and might make it easier for you to proc her ATK/MAG buff.

Negation, again, really simple. Dispelga as an ability, I like this way more than Divine and it can be so handy a lot of times due to No Magic missions. Good ability for sure.

But with Blowback, things start to get really interesting.
    Blowback is a 5-Hit 800% hybrid AoE modifier which also increases the ATK/MAG of all your allies for 45%. This is an important factor for her rotation, because this ability can perfectly chain, but the timing is a little weird. It has a huge delay similar to holy, so time your finishers right!

Because you want to use Blowback after Divine Shot. Divine Shot is a 7-Hit 700% hybrid AoE mod with 50% Light imperil attached to it. So the ideal rotation is
    Divine Shot -> Blowback
    Really easy to pull off, both can perfectly chain with a dupe Light Veritas and doesn't require much skill like Tidus does. Easy to use but effective at the same time.

Her Limit Burst currently (maxed) has the highest DEF/SPR breaks with a whopping 74%! If the enemy is vulnerable to DEF or SPR breaks, I highly recommend using it, it increases your physical or your magic damage for 284%!!!! So yes, USE IT if you can. I'd somewhat recommend maxing it, it also can chain really well with a dupe Light Veritas.

From what you've seen, Light Veritas is a great chainer, right? But wait a second, she is a finisher, too?

Yes, and a really powerful on top of that. Damnation itself is... bad. But why do I include this in the Pros section?
    Damnation unlocks Saint Buster for 3 turns. And guess what, Saint Buster is an AoE 1600% hybrid 1-Hit move.
    1600% is just devastating. That means an 800% ATK modifier and 800% MAG modifier. While it has a holy like delay, it's casted really fast which means it easily fits into almost any chains.

Light Veritas is an awesome chainer-finisher hybrid ::ink:: see that pun? Wait, it wasn't funny?

Cons:
    Light Veritas
    however does have cons. And actually somewhat a lot.

The probably biggest con about her is her innate light elemental. While she has a 50% and 100% imperil, it's the same story with Dark Knight Cecil. Light elemental is often resisted and would very often require her Light Imperil Counter to proc to even it out. Fryevia has the same problem but only has access to a 50% ice imperil, though ice isn't resisted as often as Light is.

I also see a minor problem with her Light Retribution, which I will explain more in-depth. It's only proc'd by physical attacks, which itself is currently really bad due to three really prominent AoE Physical tanks, WoL, Charlotte and Earth Veritas. BUT we also have again a new trial with Malboro that attacks physically for the most time but acts like magic attacks, so these tanks would be useless.
    But I also do not know if Light Veritas is still able to proc her Light Retribution then. I'd be pleased if somebody could test it, I will edit the post once I know more.

Light Veritas has MP issues. I often use her and she has a lot of MP issues. Her innate 20% MP and 5% refresh doesn't provide enough MP.
    Both of her chaining abilities cost 54 MP and her finisher costs 60 MP! So prepare someone like Lunera or enhanced Ace who can deal with that problem.

Something that is intended to make her not completely devastating is her equipment selection. I mean, look at it, it's really hard to provide a really good build.
    The only really good magic helm is the one from NieR collab, then there are no good MAG heavy armors and the only light armor with MAG grants +12 ATK/MAG, so nothing too special.
    While Nue provides the perfect stats for Light Veritas (Hope TMR), guns are really shit for Light Veritas. Her story event includes a 60 ATK/MAG gun, but these stats aren't toooo powerful. Her current BiS includes Hope TMR and her story event gun, so even if you dont want to pull for Light Veritas, GET THAT GUN.

Side-Notes:
    We already know her JP counterpart enhancements. And the enhancements honestly look really good.
    Light Veritas gains another 30% ATK/MAG, has access to her finisher without using Damnation, her Divine Shot gains another 100% modifier, her killers get stronger. Overall, Light Veritas looks very future proof for non-light resistant content. And she will always be a great rival to Fryevia.

Arena:
    Light Veritas
    is decent here. She has AoE chains, but they can be evaded due to hybrid coding. She has status ailment protection, absorbs light damage, which is a very common elemental, can emergency heal etc etc.
    She's a good pick but not one of the best by any means.

Light Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Fryevia

- Fryevia has higher ATK/MAG base stats
    - Fryevia has 10% higher innate MAG but 20% less innate ATK
    - Fryevia has less MP problems
    - Light Veritas is a way stronger finisher
    - Fryevia has slightly stronger damage even after LV's 100% imperil
    - Fryevia is way way harder to gear
    - Light Veritas is more versatile in usage
    - Light Veritas has innate 20% HP and absorb light damage
    - Fryevia has 20% physical/magic evasion chance and one ignore fatal damage

Though Light Veritas after her 100% imperil still gets slightly outdamaged (not including her own ATK/MAG buff due to Soleil), she provides a way higher versatility.
    Light Veritas is a way more powerful finisher than Fryevia (1600% VS 600%), can be used as emergency healer, has AoE Dispel, can be chainer and finisher and has really good HP especially with her own TMR.
    But she still has potential to outdamage her: Proc the killers.
    If you only look at pure damage, this should be the result:
    Fryevia for chains.
    Light Veritas for finishers.

Light Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] A2

- A2 has massive ATK stats due to her 250% ATK buff
    - Light Veritas is hybrid while A2 is 100% physical, but I will use the Dummy as example (equal DEF/SPR)
    - A2 has higher survivability but has to deal with a percentage HP loss per turn
    - A2 requires setup for her chains
    - A2 is only there for damage but she does that really well
    - A2 has innate DW, LV has restricted DW
    - A2's counters are really strong

A2 will be the winner, she outdamages Fryevia already by a lot, I don't see a chance Light Veritas ever outdamaging A2 as a chainer, while I'm not so sure about straight up finishing. I think Light Veritas might have a chance as a finisher, but I don't want to assume too much and rather let me surprise by maths.
    Light Veritas however is, like I said before, a really versatile unit and can be used for a lot of stuff (as long as you can work around the light resistances)

Light Veritas [​IMG] VS [​IMG] Tidus (my boi)

- Both have very even stats
    - Both have allround killers
    - Both can finish and chain
    - Both have 100% imperils available
    - Tidus has a 100% water resistance while LV absorbs light damage
    - Both have supportive aspects and versatility
    - Both have status ailment protection
    - Tidus is not elemental restricted

As much as I love Tidus, sorry man. Seeing how relatively close Light Veritas without killers is to Fryevia, I highly doubt that Tidus beats her as a chainer. And he most definitely can't beat her as a finisher as it is.
    While both provide versatility, cool support moves, a lot of stuff etc, Light Veritas imo deals higher damage as chainer as well as finisher.
    Though do notice that Tidus still has the ability to use other elementals, while Light Veritas could work around the light resistance with an Ace support and Sparky equipped to her.
    EDIT: Has to be mathed out

Trust Master Reward:
    Literally the best overall mage TMR, not only for her but for many others. It will be one of the best mage tmr's for a very long time, provides 40% MAG, 20% HP and a 50% camouflage without any restrictions and is very important in the GL meta because of TMR's like Dark Bond not being able to stack.
    Grab it!

Conclusion:
    What do I think of her?
    She is great. She is a strong chainer, an amazing finisher, relatively easy to use as long as you have the limited equipment, good versatility etc.
    I already used her a lot and so far she is very convincing and I will most likely not stop using her in JP. I hope I can get her in GL and I can only recommend her as a player. She brings a lot to the table but suffers from the holy elemental and relatively strong MP issues.
    Other than that, awesome!

@TLA 's: Should you Pull?

Character Design: 8.5/10
    Sprite: 9/10
    Chainer: 9/10
    Finisher: 9/10
    Arena Rating: 7.5/10
    Trust Master Reward: 9.5/10
    Limit Burst: 7.5/10 (overall rating due to break immunities)
    Free 2 Play: 8.5-9/10 (innate DW)
    Pay 2 Play: 8.5-9/10
    Personal Rating: 9/10
    Optimal Rating: 9/10

I don't want to use the blue color anymore in like.... forever.

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. tomatovn

tomatovn Member

very nice review :X

3. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    I am really enjoying using her and she has an amazing auto attack animation. Pew pew :)

Also did a quick test on malboro because I hoped she would be good but no. She has to be alive for the light counter to proc. Didn't happen once in 10 turns. Also when she dies it locks up her saintly buster move again so you are unlikely to have access to it at all. Could still synergise well with a pair and ace though.

fletcha and YannC like this.
  4. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

Great review!
    I hope I could get her sometime, I can't do any pull for now, need to do some save up! :D

5. Revenge

Revenge Very Cute Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    A2
    What you meant with this? Iam not seeing any kind of setup that A2 needs for her chains. She just chains out of the box in the first turn.

6. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street. Proud Evade user. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Hmmm, I am a bit paused by the comparisons. Have you checked @Parade's post on LV's current BiS? It is not even so clear that LV currently can outdamage BiS Orlandeau (without killers and when the enemy's SPR isn't lower than their DEF), so I doubt LV can outdamage Tidus (again, unless enemies have higher DEF than SPR), especially given that the latter can reliably imperil water by 100%.

Also, are you sure LV without killers "is relatively close to Fryevia" as a chainer? LV's BiS build for MAG has pretty lower ATK and MAG than Fryevia's BiS build and LV's chaining moves have either the same modifier but lower hit count or lower modifier and same hit count than Fryevia's chaining move. So, yeah, I guess my issue is with what you mean by "relatively close".

Good job for the rest :)

Parade likes this.
  7. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Unil0rd Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    She needs someone to imperil and manage her MP issues. E.g. Ace:)

Redtide and Parade like this.
  8. Jessirodz

Jessirodz Ascended Member

Woke up this morning, began my "morning routine" and spammed the daily summon while groggy...a certain someone popped out of a Rainbow...let's just say I'm not groggy anymore, haha

9. Revenge

Revenge Very Cute Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    A2
    Yes, but she can do chain without setup. Imperil and MP is another thing ;)

10. lZeRol

lZeRol Ascended Member

Global ID:
    026 842 184
    Great Review Memel0rd :)
    now i can decide not to pull...
    gotta save my lapis and tickets from 0 again, LoL.
    the last nier banner really burned all of my lapis and tickets and got nothing a2 or 2b :(
    I'm Broke T_T

11. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I know the stats, around 400 ATK 800 MAG with BiS.
    Do you have a maths thread for that one?

Because if you do a really simple run:
    427 ATK
    804 MAG
    One weapon has 51 Attack, the other one 60

Using this as source: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Hybrid_Damage

so, assuming LV proc'd her 100% debuff:
    { [ (427-60) * 350 + (427-51) * 350 + 804*350*2 ] / 2} *2 = 822850

Fryevia with 50% imperil:
    400 ATK
    1038 MAG
    { [ (400 - 92) *400 *2 + 1038*400*2 ] /2} * 1.5 = 807600

WAIT did I make a mistake

12. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    these are ofc only the raw stats, now you need to include that LV has less hits but also goes up in terms of a mod the second turn.
    the 700% move -> 800% move

13. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street. Proud Evade user. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Well, there was some "fake" damage calculation on Parade's thread: https://brave-exvius.com/threads/ve...s-builds-the-result-might-surprise-you.22135/. Anyway, assuming LV procs her 100% debuff I'd say is not really fair for an overall comparison, because that imperil won't proc that often. Not to mention that LV has two different chaining skills, with the 50% imperil attached to the lower mod one, so she should have to first use the latter one and then her 8x mod skill (with lower hit count).

Parade likes this.
  14. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    Hello!
    thanks for the review. nothing really new, as i've check the wiki and read a lot about LV. As a proud A2 owner (with K.Delita & DKC around) i'll not pull for LV. I don't have that much ressource (thanks Nier), it's not limited and i'm waiting for the next excellent heal option to take Refia's place.

That 1600 multiplier tho, sound great. I have to find a friend to test it :D just for funz!

But one day maybe i'll get her (is it really a femelle? :eek:) and will be glad to play with. If i had to choose a unit from this banner, should be WV for his TMR. But i have a lot of TMR to farm so there is no rush.
    (want to farm DKC's for A2, Snow's, after that Sozhe, Queen, Shine, Delita and K.delita come to my mind, well i have month of TMR to do xD)

Thanks again :)

edit : looklike all the recent unit have some sort of MP issue. With or without MP refresh. Take a look at LV first but, A2, K.Delita... well i think i don't have any unit without ANY MP issue for a mid/long run. Even Ashe can run out. Only my Refia look safe, Delita too (thanks to meditate +2 and his own refresh)

i wish i can pull Ace, seriously this guy is in every review for his imperil/Mp battery xD

15. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, yes. But you see she definitely deals more damage than Landu, considering Fry deals 60% higher damage than him :P

16. Arnatuile

Brutally quoting @Parade (no imperil - which is not a problem since they both can have 50% light imperil - no killers):
    That is done with LV's 8x move, which has lower hit count than Orlandeau's DR. Chances are 804 MAG isn't the best you can get with her though (they were discussing about this on that thread), so there is that.

Parade likes this.
  17. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Olive for Omega
    My gawsh, how does she walk around with that gigantic spear on her head? Can she utilize Veritas of the Wind's tm for an attack boost? Lol

Anyway, great review! I really want that tmr for Rem!!!

18. KWFFBE

KWFFBE "Hall of Fame" Member

Leads:
    CG Sakura, T.Terra, 2B, Tidus
    I got her from a 4* ticket trying to get wind vertas for his TMR... I wasn't quite sure what to make of getting her but reading this review, I guess I should be fairly pleased that I got Vertas of Light then... Although when I was looking at her kit I felt it's kinda hard to gear her actually due to her prefered weapons and the stats that are important to casters.

19. Koubo

Koubo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chritine|A2|GLS|Barbie
    Be allways proud of your rainbow. :)

drkelly likes this.
  20. Silverbacktothefuture

Silverbacktothefuture Active Member

Leads:
    Emperor, Rem, Wilhelm, Greg, Fohlen
    Well the conclusion was that Orlandeau is better overall because he can equip other elements but VoL is better for light damage with her imperil and or when killers apply.