1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Review: Zargabaath (Final Fantasy XII)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd returns Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nalu | JP: Hyou
    A judge master appearing in the faraway world of Ivalice. A silent man who selflessly serves that Archadian Empire, though capable of committing inhuman acts in the name of his country, he is actually a kind and compassionate person. Though expected to support those in line to become emperor such as Gramis, Vayne, and Larsa, he is dedicated to serving only the one true emperor.
    The first main line global exclusive unit, Zargabaath, joins the Global side. I was quite hyped for him and now I am not the only person who is very much confused about him.
    So, is he a good versatile support or is he trash? Let's find out, together!

Zargabaath Review by Memel0rd

[​IMG]

In-Game Sprites:
    [​IMG] 5*
    [​IMG] 6*

Equipment Selection: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Innate 50% Dark weakness | Innate 50% Holy resistance
    Trust Master Reward: Judge Helm (Helm) - DEF+35, SPR+20, 15% Resistance to all elements except Dark

6* Stats at Lvl. 100:
    HP: 3580 (+450) Mag: 130 (+30)
    MP: 182 (+75) Def: 128 (+30)
    Atk: 146 (+30) Spr: 126 (+30)

5*: Lvl 1 Judge Magister - +20% SPR w/ Helm & +20% DEF w/ Light/Heavy Armor
    5*: Lvl 40 Medicine Lore - +100% Item Recovery Effectiveness
    5*: Lvl 48 Warden - 50% chance to counter Phys/Mag Damage (200% Mod)
    5*: Lvl 56 Authority - +30% ATK w/ Sword/Large Sword & +30% MAG w/ Katana/Hammer/Spear
    6*: Lvl 1 Steadfast - +100% Blind/Para/Confu/Disease resistance
    6*: Lvl 35 Low-HP Power Up - +80% ATK/DEF when HP <35%
    6*: Lvl 42 Shield+ - 20% Phys/Mag Evade Chance
    6*: Lvl 64 Imperial Commander - +30% HP +20% DEF & 5% Recover MP/Turn
    6*: Lvl 75 Safety - 100% Chance Ignore up to 1 Fatal Attacks when HP above 10%
    6*: Lvl 88 Flames of Justice - +20% ATK/HP w/ Light Weapon & +20% MAG/MP w/ Fire Weapon
    5*: Lvl 8 Hero Crest (20 MP) - ST 4 Turn +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR

5*: Lvl 16 Righteous Sword (10 MP) - ST 120% 1 Hit Phys Damage +40% Ignore DEF & Dispel

5*: Lvl 28 Berserk Crest (20 MP) - ST 3 Turn +150% ATK Berserk

5*: Lvl 60 Sacred Strike (25 MP) - ST 150% 1 Hit Light Phys Damage +50% Ignore DEF & 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

5*: Lvl 80 Word of Law (40 MP) - AoE 300% 1 Hit Light Magic Damage +50% Ignore SPR & AoE 2 Turn 20% Damage Mitigation

6*: Lvl 20 Judgement Blade (25 MP) - ST 160% 1 Hit Phys Damage +50% Ignore DEF & ST 30% Attack w/ 50% MP Drain

6*: Lvl 50 Rejuvenate (50 MP) - ST 100% HP Recovery & 50% MP Recovery

6*: Lvl 72 Bastion (60 MP) - AoE 3 Turn +40% Element Resists

6*: Lvl 100 Archadian Light (65 MP) - AoE 3 Turn +60% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR & +100% Blind/Para/Confu/Disease Resists

6* Limit Burst:
    Alexander Crest (Base / 18 LB crysts): 1-Hit AoE 300% Physical Damage +50% DEF Ignore & AoE 2 Turn 30% Damage Mitigation
    Alexander Crest (Max / 18 LB crysts): 1-Hit AoE 420% Physical Damage +50% DEF Ignore & AoE 2 Turn 30% Damage Mitigation

Pros:
    Zargabaath's stats overall look great. He has the 30 pots split, he has very high HP, very high MP, decent DEF and SPR, decent ATK, it just looks overall really good. His passives complement this quite a bit. In total, he gets 40% DEF passives, 50% HP passives with a light weapon, 20% SPR passives and Authority grants either MAG or ATK stats like you want them to be. Authority + Flames of Justice both can grant you either 80% MAG + 20% ATK or 80% ATK + 20% MAG, and also 20% MP with a fire weapon, it just depends how you build it. You can go with 50% ATK and 50% MAG as well, so you can play around with it quite a bit.

Not only does come Zargabaath with quite a variety of passives, he also has a good equipment selection. Also, he has a 100% resistance against Blind, Paralyze, Confusion and Desease, all of them are pesky ones and besides the lack of petrification resistance, these are a really good choice to resist. He can also be build around magical or physical evasion since he has innately 20% physical/magical evasion, which boosts his overall survivabilty quite a bit paired up with his very high HP.

Zargabaath recovers 5% MP per turn with optional 20% MP passives, which is great. The MP regen can be increased significantly with Judgement Blade (I will talk about that later on).

Zargabaath has the ability with Safety to survive every hit once as long as he is above 10% HP guaranteed. This not only is massive as it is, since you can't be lowered beneath 1 HP once, but this matches very well with Low-HP Power Up. Apparently, it has no turn based buffs and once he drops below 35% HP, he will be granted a 80% boost to ATK/DEF, which is awesome in the current meta. This is one of the few times you want a unit to almost die basically.

But how can you get him back up to full HP easily? Just use Rejuvenate. This move may only be ST, but it recovers 100% HP and 50% MP, so no flat values. He can support your healer quite a bit, he can be your MP battery with this move, he can heal himself after he almost died. Really nice to have.

Moving on, he has a Dispel move with an almost 200% mod, not the strongest but certainly stronger than Fingersnap, which makes it way more attractive to use. Nice to have, again.

Zargabaath can collect a lot of LB Crysts with Warden. He has a 50% chance to counter with a normal attack that has double its power, but not only upon receiving physical damage, he will also counter for a 50% chance against magic damage. Zargabaath will counter a lot, probably. Really nice free damage paired up with 80% ATK passives, beautiful.

Before I will talk about Zargabaath's buffs, I want to talk about Judgement Blade and Sacred Strike.
    Sacred Strike is a 300% mod with a 50% light imperil, which can be really nice to amplify his overall strength, since he will use either a holy weapon or has innately holy elemental on his abilities and make his counters even stronger. Overall great move with a decent mod as a 1-hitter, nice.
    Judgement blade is a little bit stronger than Sacred Strike with 320% and also has a MP drain attached to it. So you will never worry about his own MP running out as long as you will use him as a side DPS with this move. This move is also great because when you're equipped with a holy weapon, you can just use Sacred Strike before that and use this right after, which will be stronger than Sacred Strike.

Bastion is one of his first buffs we will talk about. It's a 40% elemental buff to every element, really good allround move, especially if the enemy is using a lot of different elementals. Nothing to complain about.

Now, Berserk Crest is the point where it gets interesting. It seems very random, I was confused too (at the beginning), but it can have its uses, even if they are very limited. Especially for beginners, this move paired up with King (yes, you heard that right) is great. King's only real purpose besides his innate Auto-Revive is to auto attack, and Berserk is perfect for that. Especially since the 150% ATK buff from berserk will stack with normal buffs, this is the only exception.

Now, with Zargabaath's Hero Crest he gains a lot of power as a buffer in the current moment. It's a 4-Turn ST 100% buff to all stats (ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR). This is basically a longer buff than Minfilia's but to every stat. This is amazing, truly amazing. This buff can make your tank be a literal wall, this move can make your DPS way more tanky while dealing a lot more damage. This move can make your healer heal a lot more while suddenly taking physical hits way better. It's really really good.

Word of Law does synergyze with Sacred Strike in a weird way. It's a magic AoE attack with a 600% mod with an attached buff. A buff, that grants 2 turn AoE 20% damage reduction to your whole team. NOW this is really good, he not only deals a good amount of damage, but also mitigates all incomming damage by 20%. Really really good.

His Limit Burst is basically a huge upgrade to Word of Law. The max damage goes up from 600% to 820% modifiers with 30% damage reduction. Really good, try to entrust all the LB's to him, this move right here looks beautiful.
    But there is something people like @Parade told me, it is actually physical damage and does include killers and imperils, which makes this move really good. This will be (even with DW) his highest damaging move and a 820% modifier is a really strong finisher, now the only thing you'll need is a strong light imperil.

AND finally we can talk about Archadian Light. This right here is the currently best AoE buff in GL.
    AoE 3 Turn 60% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR buff with a 100% increase to Blind, Para, Confusion and Disease resistance. Remember when Rain's Leadership was being worshipped for being such a strong buff? This is definitely a strong step-up.
    The only two really dangerous status ailments you will need to worry about ever are Petrification and Sleep, but this move has so much uses against every status ailment heavy enemy. Especially for beginners who don't have access to all the status ailment resistance equipments.
    And it's also the strongest AoE stat buff overall, really good. Embolden with this buff? Not needed anymore.

Cons:
    While I praised Zargabaath's base stats before, for his DPS build, they are just... ugh. 176 ATK, ok, I can live with that, but his base MAG with 160 and no access to rods, that hurts him quite a bit. For experienced players, his MAG BiS build (which is pretty much a waste since you'd need 2 Fryevia's needles) doesn't even break 800 MAG without espers...

And his DPS gets even worse. His physical mods are ok, even though his Sacred Strike's holy imperil could have been better since many do not need a holy imperil. They can just use an Orlandeau, an Orlandeau Friend or enhance their Ace to imperil holy. That are the most common ways actually.
    But his magic ability move Word of Law does not seem to be DW'able. It seems to be just a regular magic ability, so killers and DW won't affect it, which hurts its damage way more than it should. Huge con as well.

His immensive versatility can become a problem, since he does so many things but not nearly at the best.
    His MP battery is quite nice, but it's not the best at all.
    His heals are definitely not the best with Tilith around.
    His DPS is easily overshadowed.
    His elemental buffs are overshadowed by Marie.
    His Damage Reduction buff from Word of Law is overshadowed by Rikku (actually, Rikku can do the same as Zargabaath but a little bit better regarding damage reduction and elemental resistance).
    His MP leech sadly does not leech HP, which could have make him a very tanky DPS.
    His tankyness doesn't have much usage as a tank since he does not have draw attacks or AoE covers nor hidden damage reduction.

The only thing he truly shines in rn are his stat buffs. These are currently the best. I don't want to sound like one of these classy JP people, but he won't shine for long anymore.

Zargabaath is also very hard to utilize because of his poor ATK / MAG base stats. He just can't reach any current meta DPS, not by any chance. It's also hard for experienced players to find a spot in a team, the only question many will have regarding Zargabaath will be:
    "What should I do with this guy? Where does he fit?
    Can he replace my Tilith? No.
    Can he replace my Rem? No.
    Can he replace my WoL, Rikku, XY DPS? No. Hm...."

Side-Notes:
    Zargabaath is essentially a second Noctis. He has a lot of stuff to offer but it just will not win against a specified unit right now.
    But something I want to point out, I said his future proofness right now is bad. Does it?
    His kit has a really high potential to become very very powerful with enhancements. Of course, they can be as easily screwed up as they can be op. But I see a lot of potential in enhancements with these abilities. He might become the future Ramza, you know?

Arena:
    Zargabaath has not much usage here. Buffs are not the best, status ailments can be geared against easily, his strongest AoE move is not DW'able and also innately holy elemental.
    I don't think he is a worthwile unit in Arena.

Comparison: Rikku (Support)
    [​IMG]

- Zargabaath has way higher stats in everything
    - Zargabaath has a MP refresh
    - Both need two turns setup
    - Both have very useful LB's though Rikku's LB is overpowered
    - Rikku has hightides and with the event knuckle even more LB fillrate
    - Rikku's LB is slightly easier to fill up
    - Rikku can 100% AoE Revive
    - Zargabaath can ST 100% buff anyone with all stat
    - Zargabaath can protect your team against a lot of ailments
    - Zargabaath can AoE 60% buff your team with all stats
    - Zargabaath has not only 20% physical dodge chances like Rikku, but also magical evasion
    - Zargabaath's DPS is way better
    - Rikku can chain bridge

As a mere support, Rikku definitely wins. Yes, Zargabaath's stat buffs are a huge deal, and his stats look way more promising, but. BUT.
    Rikku has 10% more damage reduction on Hyper NulAll and most importantly 80% Auto-Revive AoE with her Limit Burst. If your Limit Burst is maxed, she can also boost your party's DEF/SPR by 74%, which is still higher than Zargabaath's AoE buffs, but Zargabaath also offers ATK/MAG buff on top of that.
    Overall it depends on what you need since Rikku in the current content is not as needed, but will be a lot better in the upcomming trial.

Comparison: Noctis
    [​IMG]

- Noctis has way higher ATK and MAG stats, but lower total HP due to passives
    - Zargabaath has way more bulk
    - Noctis' buffs are way weaker
    - Noctis can break the enemy but only by a small amount
    - Many enemies have break resistance
    - Zargabaath outdamages Noctis after his Holy imperil
    - Noctis can fully revive an ally
    - Zargabaath can fully heal an ally with 50% MP heal
    - Zargabaath's MP recovery seems a lot better
    - Zargabaath can protect your allies from status ailments
    - Noctis has a good elemental coverage but with rather low-ish mods
    - Zargabaath has damage reduction
    - Zargabaath has magical evasion on top of the physical ones

Honestly, I think Zargabaath wins against Noctis. He can deal higher damage depending on your team, he has way better supportive aspects, he can build similar evasion builds to noctis (though he cannot equip Genji Shield).
    Noctis' buffs will only outshine Zargabaath's after his LB. And Noctis needs ages to build up his LB because of the lack of Hightide passives and his LB costing 30 LB crysts!
    In my eyes, Zargabaath wins, but Noctis is about to receive an update that can bring him back in the meta.
    If you think Noctis currently is better, please let me know :).

Future Comparison: Enhanced Ramza
    [​IMG]
    - Zargabaath's overall stats are way higher
    - Zargabaath has way more versatile things to offere
    - Zargabaath miserably loses as MP battery due to ST
    - Zargabaath miserably loses as Side-Healer due to ST
    - Ramza's Songs are overpowered
    (AoE +100%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR while Singing (3 Turns) & AoE ~1150 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns & AoE ~20 MP Heal w/ 0.5x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns)
    - Ramza's Breaks are insane with either ATK or MAG 60% (!) breaks for 5 turns
    - Ramza's stat buffs are way way stronger

Uh, Ramza wins. You can't really discuss much about this. Unless you want to use Zargabaath for DPS and Damage Mitigation, Ramza outright wins in almost everything even with lower stats.

Trust Master Reward:
    This one on the first glance doesn't seem as good, but it still has 15% elemental resistance to everything except dark while it also grants 20 Spirit. Since many tanks will equip helms, which all lack spirit stats, this is quite good actually. Also, the element resistance stacks well with the Hero's Shield, Dragon Mail / Force Mail or even the Rainbow Robe with a couple of free Minfilia TMR's. It should not be your highest priority, but it's still good.

Conclusion:
    Very interesting unit with lots of potential usages. I think we need to wait to actually see his full power and I bet he can be quite strong in the right team.
    Depending on the future, he will either fall off because of his not really future proof abilities or become insane with enhancements, only the future can tell.
    For now, he definitely is worth something and quite an upgrade to our current Noctis.

@TLA 's: Should you Pull?

Character's Desing: 8.5/10
    Sprite: 8.5/10
    Chainer: 0.5/10
    Finisher: 7.5/10
    Limit Burst: 8.5-9/10
    Free 2 Play: 8.5/10
    Pay 2 Play: 7.5-8/10
    Personal Rating: 7.5/10
    Optimal Rating: 8/10

Aye, it's done. I still don't know how I'd utilize Zargabaath, though I am quite keen on trying him out. He seems really interesting to me and definitely worth a try.

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat
    Do not misunderstand me... i am not Stalking meme..... just have too much free time in chat ::rudecat2::

So now we have Zargabaath... ::old::... Thanks for the review meme..... it just that after working Hard to enhance ACE to be my main MP battery.... i see this guy coming nonchalantly to take his place.....

Thanks meme for the Review.

Guys, Good luck with the Pull!

Krota likes this.
  3. Steelwind

Steelwind "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Orlandeau
    My post from another thread.

I view him as a primary finisher with great support utility.

If his passives act like Firion's then you can equip him with Excaliber (+30% Atk with Great Sword, +20% Atk with Light weapon) and Mana Blade (+30% Atk with Sword). That's 80% total Atk out of the box. Give him Monster's BP and then Dark Knight's Soul. Finish off with Genji Glove and Quick Assault x 3. That's a total 220% Atk passive. Or you can give him Large Sword Mastery though Orlandeau will most likely take that. In the future we will have Large Sword Mastery TMs. Overall we can jack up his Atk pretty high though his base total with pots is 176. Orlandeau's base total with pots is 189. Not THAT far off.

The ultimate question on top of those Atk passives surrounds Judgment Blade ST 160% 1 Hit Phys Damage +50% Ignore DEF & ST 30% Attack w/ 50% MP Drain. Does that 30% Atk that come with Judgement blade stack with another Atk buff such as Embolden? Or Ramza's future enhanced Atk song? Notice in the datamine it does not state 30% Attack for x number of turns. Is this a separate buff on top of global Atk buffs?

I actually view him as a potential finisher. Not someone to replace Rikku. Though his best physical atk mod is 3.2. He does pair extremely well with Orlandeau x 2 chain. With his weapon and armor selection he can probably hit 1000 Atk. If that unique 30% Atk buff stacks with global Atk Buffs then he replaces most of your finishers.

4. PlusKun

PlusKun Ascended Member

Leads:
    Zargabaath
    This line makes me giggle.

Zarg looks really busy. This whole thing with new units having totally unique skillsets is pretty confusing, I can't imagine being a new player and trying to weigh all the different skills across different units without the wiki/forums/etc.

Memel0rd likes this.
  5. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Dragonl0rd returns Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    His BiS hits about 960 ATK with manablade, though I don't like to count in limited 5* TMR's.

Caliber, Exdeath-chan and Redtide like this.
  6. Steelwind

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Orlandeau
    Yep and that's pretty awesome. Again, HUGE question on that 30% atk buff that come with Judgement Blade. The fact that it does not state "for x number of turns" has me puzzled. I now have three questions on that.
    1. Does it stack with global Atk buffs such as Embolden?
    2. Does it increase overall Atk by 30% or just the base Atk by 30%?
    3. Does it increase 30% Atk for just Judgement Blade for that one turn?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Memel0rd likes this.
  7. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Forgot to include Ramza comparison.
    Done!

Caliber, Exdeath-chan and Redtide like this.
  8. Demiluna

Demiluna Ascended Member

Zargabaath definitely isn't bad.. but i agree he'll completely fall off the meta the second ramza gets his enhancements, at least buff/support wise, maybe he has some hidden dps uses that are alien to me, but the mods on his skills fall super flat compared to olive/firion as a potential finisher.. I'll be passing on this one, even his tm doesn't feel like a must have. I'd much rather get a rasler or 2 for his great tm ^^

Memel0rd likes this.
  9. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    His ATK passives stack, just like Firion (but not 2x Large sword as example)

If his >35% HP buffs stack, I can't confirm that, but most likely not.

Caliber and Exdeath-chan like this.
  10. Wolfen

Wolfen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen
    Well... can't decide if I like him or not. Definitely his sprite awfull... but for the utility he could have...
    He is useful to me to cover some team aspects and give me some flexibility, but definitely I won't pull for him.
    From my point of view Ashe is the great prize of the banner and him a good consolation :)

Memel0rd likes this.
  11. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    It took me 2 hours to finally understand his purpose. Somewhat.

Caliber and Exdeath-chan like this.
  12. spada

spada "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia DV LMSakura Emperor DWTidus
    nice review as always, meme. we'll just have to wait and see how players figure out how to get the best out of him. Who knows, he might show promise in unexpetec ways

Carnefix, Parade and Memel0rd like this.
  13. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    If I get him, so be it. I'd rather get trolled by Tidus ::rudecat1::

14. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    I'll give him a shot, let you know how I feel :)

Besides Auto-Revive I find Rikku to be a boring unit, I intend to use Zargabaath instead if I pull him. I'll try to be realistic instead of fanboy-ing about him and let you know how he works.

hekate likes this.
  15. Steelwind

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Orlandeau
    No my friend. I'm talking about

6*: Lvl 20 Judgement Blade (25 MP) - ST 160% 1 Hit Phys Damage +50% Ignore DEF & ST 30% Attack w/ 50% MP Drain

Notice that 30% Attack that was datamined?
    1. Does it stack with global Atk buffs such as Embolden?
    2. Does it increase overall Atk by 30% or just the base Atk by 30%?
    3. Does it increase 30% Atk for just Judgement Blade for that one turn?

16. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat

Dafdge meMeLL0rz!

I hate the character, if i am lucky by RNGesus and get him, i will use him "situational", he is too ugly/bulky for me to stare at him all day ( i preffer
    Head & Shoulders's CECIL). also i believe he is not much F2P friendly, for a Base 5*? doubt it.

BTW, have you forgotten what i said? Add the ideal (Current) equipment on the reviews, that way we can see how good he is F2P vs P2P.

How? 960 ATK with just snap his fingers?

That's why i say, post BIS and F2P set ups!

That is something many people look for in a review, specially new players.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  17. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street. Proud Evade user. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

I am trying to refrain from making actual comments on this unit, since I have a huge feeling that, in order to actually see how well he works, I will have to try to get him and test him in-game, given how many things he can do.

This actually opens up a provoking suggestion for you, @Memel0rd. What about comparing him to Tidus? Yes, Tidus. Not as a chainer of course, but as a finisher + support unit.

When I first pulled for Tidus, I was positive I would have used him as a chainer, as most people probably, but I am now using him only as a (side) finisher and a great support unit (with "Get pumped" in my specific setting), capable of taking some hits before getting killed. (In fact, I am pretty much confident in saying this is how Tidus should be used in GL right now, unless you use macro's). Tidus is the only one I could think replacing Zargabaath with, to be honest, especially since I have not had the occasion yet of using Rikku in any battle since she came out. In general, I really want reraise to be my last resource (bye bye buffs) and prefer much more the idea of having a party that can take hits and still survive. This is why I will never use Rikku unless her LB is crucial (but really crucial) to win a battle and this is why all the huge kit of Zarga is really appealing to me. If i manage to pull Zarga, I will run a few KM - Counterattack stages and see how well he compares to my Tidus in that occasion. And report my discoveries.

18. Kinsz85

Kinsz85 VIP VIP

Leads:
    Noctis
    Eh I'd wait until he is actually released before making coming to any conclusions to be honest, early datamine can and have been misleading in the past. For example they first had his archadian light buff at 100 % for all allies then they changed it to 60% who knows what it will be in a few hrs.

19. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I certainly can, but let me say this as a Quick sum :
    Tidus buffs are weaker
    Tidus is mainly an entrust support
    I think zargabaath's MP battery is better, but maybe I'm wrong
    Tidus deals more damage

Comparing a 100% water imperil with a 50% holy imperil that is included in many chain teams already is quite a thing. Also, jecht shot's base power is way stronger than scared strike's / Judgement blade's

Also, do you use Fixed Dice on Tidus? Fixed Dice is apparently stronger than Olive's True Shot on average after LB

Caliber, Exdeath-chan and Arnatuile like this.
  20. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street. Proud Evade user. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Tidus' MP battery is AoE and split over turns, Zarga's is ST and huge. I feel Tidus' MP refresh has more overall utility (because it helps increasing everybody's MP), whereas Zarga is more situational as a MP battery, although it goes really well in a team with WoL and Tilith, since WoL drains sooo many MP in doing anything and you can do Prism Heal + Rejuvenate combo with Tilith. Also, Tidus can entrust, yes, but Zarga can counter pretty often, helping a lot with the LB orbs (Tidus won't really contribute stocking those if you do not use him as a chainer). And, if Tidus entrusts his LB while not being used as a chainer, he may not be able to renew his water imperil immediately when needed since, in my experience, it takes him at least 2 or 3 turns to get his LB filled completely (depending on whether you can chain with someone else every turn or not).

Nah, I do not have it and my Tidus is only sitting at 686ATK right now (working on that). I am using him as a side finisher together with Rem to cap Orlandeaus' chains. Olive was benched because Tidus can do much more for my team and does not die to KM's Meteor, unlike Olive.