1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Upgrades: Alolan Lassworm.

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Randkin, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    LMS, Alolan Lassworm, Circe, Edgar
    * Making into a separate post for better coverage, as approved by Memel0rd*

So, without further ado....

Changes to Alolan Lassworm are as follows.

TM retains the previous +45 ATK, now grants 25% evade(!) alongside 25% TDW for any unit. But for a Lassworm....a total of 50% TDW. This includes Dracu, which makes me wonder if he will be remade in the near future. Here's hoping!
    STM gains +10% Evade, which is not nearly as exciting.

Shark Wave (Base / 20 LB-Crysts): 2-Hit Physical damage (10x) to all enemies
    Decrease water and wind resistance (70%) for 3 turns to all enemies

Shark Wave (Max / 20 LB-Crysts): 2-Hit Physical damage (12.9x) to all enemies
    Decrease water and wind resistance (100%) for 3 turns to all enemies

Shark Wave (Base / 20 LB-Crysts): 16-Hit Physical damage (13x) to all enemies
    Increase chance of being targeted (100%) for 3 turns to caster
    Mitigate damage taken (40%) for 3 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Absolute Mirror of Equity

Shark Wave (Max / 20 LB-Crysts): 16-Hit Physical damage (22x) to all enemies
    Increase chance of being targeted (100%) for 3 turns to caster
    Mitigate damage taken (40%) for 3 turns to caster

5*: Lvl 50 Summer - Radiant Sun (20 MP / 8-Hit) - Physical damage (2x) to all enemies
    Increase Chance Of Being Targeted by 100% (3 turns) to caster

6*: Lvl 98 Summer - Waves of the Ocean (54 MP / 8-Hit) - Water physical damage (6x) to one enemy
    Decrease water resistance (100%) for 3 turns to one enemy
    Add Water element to physical attacks for 3 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 98 Summer - Winds of the Sea (54 MP / 8-Hit) - Wind physical damage (6x) to one enemy
    Decrease wind resistance (100%) for 3 turns to one enemy
    Add Wind element to physical attacks for 3 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 100 Summer - Ocean Splitter (48 MP / 8-Hit) - Water physical damage (5.4x) to one enemy
    Decrease ATK/DEF (60%) for 3 turns to one enemy

7*: Lvl 110 Summer - Showdown (99 MP / 8-Hit) - [3 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Physical damage (30x) to one enemy

7*: Lvl 110 Enriched Mind (99 MP / 8-Hit) - [5 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Increase ATK (200%) for 3 turns to caster
    Physical* damage (10x) to all enemies (Note: Fixed Attack with Physical damage, meaning it ignores covers and all but General mitigation.)

7*: Lvl 120 Summer Rush -- Cast 3 times: Any/All of Alolan Lassworm's skills, except Defensive Move

5*: Lvl 80 Heat Stroke - Chance to counter physical attacks (50%) with normal attack (max 3/turn)

6*: Lvl 73 Umbrella Mastery - Enable dual wielding of one-handed weapons
    Increase equipment DEF (50%) when dual wielding
    Increase chain modifier cap (6x) when dual wielding

7*: Lvl 101 Summer Solstice - [Requirement: TMR or STMR equipped]
    ncrease equipment ATK (50%) when dual wielding
    Increase esper's bonus stats (40%)
    Increase physical evasion (10%)

7*: Lvl 120 Soul of the Sword - Increase ATK/DEF (20%) when equipped with a katana
    Increase modifier (1.5x): Summer - Ocean Splitter, Summer - Radiant Sun, Summer - Sea Breeze
    Increase modifier (9x): Summer - Waves of the Ocean, Summer - Winds of the Sea

Holy SHIT, did Alolan Lassworm ever get some buffs. His Elemental chain skills are now effectively 30x mods by themselves thanks to the mod boosts and his imperils being applied before the attack lands, which is also hoisted nicely by the new 6x chain mod cap. (9/5/19 update: the extra 1.5x mod boost for Winds of the Sea have been patched out. RIP.) Also that's some fat mitigation he can throw down with his LB. Nice part is that you absolutely do not need to level it at all if you don't want to, because the best parts of that are already maxed at level 1! (9/5/19 update: However, his frames are now AT on this as well, so if you want to boost the LB damage to be comparable to his other moves, you can do that if you so choose.)

I'd also like to point out that with an evade build, you can now run dual Alolan Lassworms to be: your chainers, your cover tanks (alternating cooldowns), your provokers, as well as being able to apply self-reraise, self-heal and self-MP replenish ALL ON DEMAND. Now add a Warrior of Light Lenna into the mix. Remember how she has Triple White and the Reraise spell? You're now rocking 5/6 members with on-demand Reraise on the first turn of the fight, or any other time you wish. Make one of the other units Rivera, and she can make either one be the cover//provoke tank while they just focus on chaining things into oblivion while always having constant reraise and MP restore available. Necessary? Absolutely not. Funny? Quite. You're welcome.

I'd also like to put out that, with the right stuff, you can rock a fully evade, ailment-immune Alolan Lassworm that is still capable of dishing out damage only topped by Radiant Lightning and Elena currently (I run a version of Furcula's spreadsheet that includes Door pots and STMRs with the sole purpose of testing a unit's ceiling potential). And maybe Christine if you care about a DPT difference so small you won't even notice it. Pro tip: Kaito STMR is freaking awesome for him.

Build I made for that included here: https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#1a719760-cec2-11e9-a7ee-83d283e1de8e I myself am running an Alolan Lassworm similar to this one. ID to the left if you'd like to give him a whirl, but I only have a few spots open.

Now, will he top the tank stat charts while also doing ridiculous damage? No. He had to have places to give somewhere, else nobody would pull a physical tank OR damager for months after getting him. But if you can build him right, you'll still be in that same boat. And I've got just the guy to provide us a parasol against the sun. (After we praise it)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    I think it's worth adding he's bonkers for non-trial content like raids and weekly bosses due to his Summer Showdown being a 30x mod that hits twice for 60x on the first turn. With a friend dupe that's 120x mod BEFORE imperils, buffs, breaks and chain bonuses. I don't think any other unit offers such an insane turn 1 output.

Person, MeeTum and Randkin like this.
  3. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    good job on the updated unit review/explanation

Randkin likes this.
  4. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Beethoven's Buddy VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Very well written, an amazing read! Great job! :D

Randkin likes this.
  5. Phlucious

Phlucious Ascended Member

Global ID:
    310 905 590
    Leads:
    Esther; Event; LM Fina; SS Charlotte
    Nice! Unexpected for sure. That’s a pretty STMR heavy build though. Is he still relevant with just a TMR build? Crazy stats.

6. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sure, he's still relevant. I specifically post builds that aren't bashful with STMRs since I like to see the potential ceiling of units. Some of them move a LOT, while others....not as much as you'd think for some reason.

7. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
    If only there was a unit with a 68x first turn hit, wouldn't she be amazing? :D
    [​IMG]

8. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Did he get something new just now or are you just posting a two week old "news"? :P

9. Ashlag

Ashlag Here and not here. Borderlands 3 takes precedance. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Could you get Regina for 10k lapis less than a week ago ? No ::ink::

There was no proper reviews in this section so far. There is something new about the 1.5x mod in the maintenance, though.

Skye likes this.
  10. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I replied to the part I quoted, i.e. "I don't think any other unit offers such an insane turn 1 output".

I'm not sure what to make of your post, are you still talking about turn 1 damage output?

Frosty Toast likes this.
  11. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther / Elena / SS Charlotte / Event
    Nice review, but some things are lacking. While his damage is awesome and he can work as Evade provoker and DPS at the same time, it should be said that his SPR is lacking for a tank. Any fixed magical attack is likely to kill him.

Randkin likes this.
  12. Ashlag

Ashlag Here and not here. Borderlands 3 takes precedance. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Sorry I was late and didn't read properly, my bad ^^

Skye likes this.
  13. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, his SPR leaves a lot to be desired. If you're facing a lot of uncoverable magic damage, you may want to consider Bartz or something instead for those sweet undispellable buffs

14. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Zeno, KM, Rerun, Circe, Gladio
    Nice review ! You might want to edit that though, turns out that was just a typo being corrected.

15. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Either way, it's out of any calculations being used, so I'm not really fussed about it

16. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    I mean you're right about the mod, but I was more referring to the usefulness as a pair. Her move is a single hit so you can't pair her with a dupe and chain. You can provide two other chainers to cap on but then you need 3 units and A.Laswell just needs two. Plus A.Laswell has a 6x chain mod now so with a dupe his 60x mod is more like a 80x vs Regina capping a 4x chain mod which is typically what support units would apply. Again, you could give her two TDW units that have a 6x mod as chain partners so ultimately her turn 1 potential is higher but not by much.

So I see it as 1a and 1b in terms of turn 1 damage. Regina needs two other units to do what A.Laswell does with a dupe. In actuality, two A.Lasswell building a chain for Regina to cap is the most terrifying 3-unit turn 1 damage you can devise.

17. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Unfortunately only A.Lasswell would get the 6x chain modifier, Regina's attack would only be counted with a 4x mod.

That said, Regina would get better damage variance due to using a two-handed weapon, so there's that.

But for wave battles especially the likes of KMOG & Steel Castle, I don't like Regina so much, because her cannon is ST, I normally use another unit (like Kryla, who has decent cheap AoE damage with fast frames). I might bring Regina against the boss, but not so much to get through waves of mobs.

18. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I really like what they did with him. Old silly unit with subpar tmr now can be a viable main damage dealer
    And now I can stop thinking about UoCing second Regina and just focus on farming katana TMRs for ALass.
    Did a fast comparison in ELT raid before - my poorly equipped 2k ALasswell did about 30% of 2.5k Regina's 1T damage. Just pure dmg test, no chains or external imperils. Nearly out of mp though. Pity I don't have two more Aurons and four more Kaitos :)