1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Upgrades: Circe.

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Randkin, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    LMS, Alolan Lassworm, Circe, Edgar
    Another one a bit behind on the time, but Circe is still QUITE relevant, only truly losing in magical damage potential to Christine and Kimono Fina, though Circe has a much broader elemental coverage (and chain family grouping) than either of them, having access to 5 different elements at will. Without further ado....

Changes to Circe are as follows:

TMR: Facade of Balance, Accessory. Now grants MAG+30% alongside everything else it did before. Bonus!
    STMR: Sibyl Crescent, Rod. Now grants 20% MAG bonus along with 10% elemental resistance to fire, ice, water, wind and earth. I'll take it!

Premonition (Base / 40 LB-Crysts): 4-Hit Magic damage (18.2x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to all elements (60%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Enables access for 3 turns: Predict - Downpour, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm

Premonition (Max / 40 LB-Crysts): 4-Hit Magic damage (24x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to all elements (60%) for 3 turns to all enemies
    Enables access for 3 turns: Predict - Downpour, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm

Premonition (Base / 40 LB-Crysts): 12-Hit Magic* damage (22x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to all elements (60%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Enables access for 4 turns: All-seeing Eye, Predict - Downpour, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm

Premonition (Max / 40 LB-Crysts): 12-Hit Magic* damage (32x) to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to lightning, light and dark elements (60%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Decrease resistance to fire, ice, water, wind, earth elements (100%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Enables access for 3 turns: All-seeing Eye, Predict - Downpour, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm

Note: Damage is now Physical Type with Magic Damage, meaning any elements on weapons or imbued will carry over into the LB's damage. This can allow multi-element Circe to raise the chain modifier faster. Physical Killers also apply to this LB damage rather than Magic.

5*: Lvl 24 Predict - Blazing Omen (36 MP / 11-Hit) - Fire magic damage (6x) to one enemy
    Increase LB gauge (10) to caster
    Add fire element to physical attacks for 4 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Absolute Zero

5*: Lvl 42 Predict - Freezing Omen (36 MP / 11-Hit) - Ice magic damage (6x) to one enemy
    Add ice element to physical attacks for 4 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Absolute Zero

5*: Lvl 48 Predict - Cyclonic Omen (36 MP / 9-Hit) - Wind magic damage (6x) to one enemy
    Add wind element to physical attacks for 4 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Bolting Strike

5*: Lvl 68 Predict - Cataclysmic Omen (36 MP / 5-Hit) - Earth magic damage (6x) to one enemy
    Add earth element to physical attacks for 4 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Chaos Wave

5*: Lvl 80 Predict - Torrential Omen (36 MP / 12-Hit) - Water magic damage (6x) to one enemy
    Add water element to physical attacks for 4 turns to caster
    Chain Family: Bolting Strike

6*: Lvl 76 Condemn (36 MP) - Enable skills for 3 turns to caster: All-seeing Eye, Predict - Downpour, Predict - Dust Devil, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm

6*: Lvl 92 Predict - Rapture (54 MP / 10-Hit) - Light magic damage (4.5x) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies
    Chain Family: Disorder

7*: Lvl 105 Death Omen (99 MP) - [6 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Increase LB gauge (40) to caster
    Increase MAG (300%) for 10 turns to caster (Cannot be Dispelled)

7*: Lvl 110 Ouroboros (120 MP / 1-Hit) - [4 turns cooldown, available on turn 4]
    Decrease SPR (70%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Magic* damage (40x) to all enemies
    Magic* damage (20x) per turn for 4 turns to all enemies
    Enable skills for 3 turns to caster: All-seeing Eye, Predict - Downpour, Predict - Dust Devil, Predict - Flash-freeze, Predict - Heat Wave, Predict - Sandstorm
    Note: This causes a Damage Over Time effect, and is Physical Attack type with Magic damage just like her Limit Break.

All - seeing Eye (0 MP) - Use Predict skills 4 times in one turn

6*: Lvl 36 Oracle's Aura - Increase SPR 20%
    Recover MP (10%) per turn
    Increase resistance to silence, confuse, and petrify (100%)

7*: Lvl 120 Oracle's Wisdom - Increase MP/MAG (40%)
    Increase MAG/HP (30%) when equipped with a robe
    Increase equipment MAG (50%) when single wielding any weapon
    Increase equipment MAG (50%) when dual wielding

Gone are the days of Circe being a Flood and Quake chainer. Now, she has all of the fun new toys to play with, including Bolting Strike for Wind or Water! Not quite sure how a Fire ability got ABSOLUTE ZERO frames, but okay Gumi, we'll roll with it. Also has Disorder frames now if that's what you're into, I guess.

Circe can quite easily maintain Quad-cast and her upgraded abilities, either through LB or using a turn to utilize Condemn. This tied with her MAG buff basically being up permanently outside of a death makes her quite the force to be reckoned with. It's weird to see a Mage that can keep up with physical damagers, and Circe does so quite easily. It's also pretty trivial to bulk her out.

A Circe under 10k HP is one not built with love, remember it.

Now, as I typed above, Christine's re-tooling and Kimono Fina's GLEX buffs make both of them quite goddamn strong and even overshadow Circe's raw strength. But both of them have Ice (Christine exclusively) and K.Fina only branching out to Light, and their frames are also much more liited. Circe is more like a swiss army knife of elements: Doesn't have them all, but has all of the ones you'll care about 90% of the time.

Thank you for your time. Expect probably Christine next. Or Grim Lord Sakura. Maybe. Probably.

DanM, Cylian, aa25 and 7 others like this.
  2. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist VIP VIP Supporter

Leads:
    the Flock.
    1/2
    Took her for a spin VS lich and performed. Did not lasted long, 8 turns, all missions Done. Not bad.

3. Ashlag

Ashlag Here and not here. Borderlands 3 takes precedance. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    And Tsukiko, too.

Road Ants likes this.
  4. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    She's my go-to-woman for weekly elemental challenge. Only need dupe friend for LGD stage, others are pure 'repeat's without breaks
    Sad she doesn't have first-turn AoE attacks, I'd really appreciate it in IW and MK

Aricin and Scheich like this.
  5. Ashlag

Ashlag Here and not here. Borderlands 3 takes precedance. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    She does, but it's only the Disorder light move.

Andys likes this.
  6. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Thanks, I missed this one, need to test on something today. Should be stronger than her other skills too

7. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    LMS, Alolan Lassworm, Circe, Edgar
    Technically, but once you go into builds that are more for longer-playing folks, the difference is so negligible it's hardly worth even comparing. When I threw them both into my chart with the updated gear and pots, it read like this:

Tsukiko: 12,235,755,523, 12 turns.
    Circe: 12,181,009,222, 9 turns.

Still higher, but definitely not enough to actually have been pull-worthy if Circe were already in your roster. Unless you just really dug the shrine maiden thing. Always pull for what you like. Unless you're a heretic.

8. AnnieMae

AnnieMae "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame/Sophia
    Appreciate your review of upgraded units. I got most of these units after their banner so I never really got familiar with their skills.

Circe and Malphasie has since been my go to units for trials.