1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Upgrades: Malphasie.

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Randkin, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    LMS, Alolan Lassworm, Circe, Edgar
    I know this one is a little dated now, but if I'm going to do this, I need to be consistent. Besides, she's still more than enough for content, so it hardly matters. Without further ado!

Changes to Malphasie are as follows:

TM ATK raised from 95 to 135. Gained 10% HP.
    STM, Ravenheart: Now grants 50% Equip ATK and MAG. Easy contender for one of the better STMs in the game as it grants a few Killers and will benefit any attacker of either type that uses two weapons. Having two of these can cap Malphasie at 200% EQUIP ATK and MAG.

Murderous Intent (Base / 30 LB-Crysts): 3-Hit Increase ATK/MAG (140%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Hybrid damage (21.4x) to all enemies
    Enables access for 1 turn: Raucous Storm

Murderous Intent (Max / 30 LB-Crysts): 3-Hit Increase ATK/MAG (140%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Hybrid damage (27.2x) to all enemies
    Enables access for 1 turn: Raucous Storm

Raucous Storm (70 MP / 12-Hit) - Wind and dark hybrid damage (16x) to all enemies
    Inflict blind and confuse (100%) to all enemies
    (Chaining family: Tornado)

Murderous Intent (Base / 30 LB-Crysts): 10-Hit Increase ATK/MAG (140%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Hybrid damage (28x) to all enemies
    Chaining Family: Stardust Ray
    Enables access for 1 turn: Raucous Storm, Soaring Shadows

Murderous Intent (Max / 30 LB-Crysts): 10-Hit Increase ATK/MAG (150%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Hybrid damage (34x) to all enemies
    Chaining Family: Stardust Ray
    Enables access for 1 turn: Raucous Storm, Soaring Shadows

Raucous Storm (70 MP / 9-Hit) - Wind hybrid damage (54x) to all enemies
    Inflict blind and confuse (100%) to all enemies
    (Chaining family: Bolting Strike)

Soaring Shadows (70 MP / 9-Hit) - Dark hybrid damage (54x) to all enemies
    Inflict blind and paralyze (100%) to all enemies

5*: Lvl 80 Menacing Strike (40 MP / 1-Hit) - Dark hybrid damage (12x) to all enemies
    Inflict stop (40%) for 3 turns to all enemies

5*: Lvl 80 Flying Strike (40 MP / 1-Hit) - Wind hybrid damage (12x) to all enemies
    Inflict confuse (40%) to all enemies

6*: Lvl 26 Infection (20 MP) - Inflict 8 random status ailment (others 30%, petrify 100%) to all enemies

6*: Lvl 63 Tenebrous Dive (50 MP / 9-Hit) - Dark hybrid damage (18x) to one enemy
    Decrease dark resistance (75%) for 5 turns to one enemy
    Add dark element to physical attacks for 5 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 72 Aerial Dive (50 MP / 9-Hit) - Wind hybrid damage (18x) to one enemy
    Decrease wind resistance (75%) for 5 turns to one enemy
    Add wind element to physical attacks for 5 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 95 Feast for Crows (60 MP) - Restore HP (100%) to caster
    Mitigate damage taken (75%) for 1 turn to caster
    Remove stats break from caster
    Increase ATK//MAG (200%) for 4 turns to caster

6*: Lvl 100 Thousand Wings (62 MP / 12-Hit) - Hybrid damage (18x) to all enemies

If used after Thousand Wings or Thousand Wings+, name changes into Thousand Wings+:
    Hybrid damage (24x) to all enemies

6*:
    Lvl 100 Aggressive Flock - Use any of Malphasie's skills twice in one turn
    This is big, as you can now use Feast For Crows alongside a damage skill to allow Malphasie to push and survive thresholds on bosses on demand at nearly tank levels of mitigation.

7*: Lvl 105 Fiendish Winds (74 MP / 30-Hit) - Dark hybrid damage (24x) to all enemies
    (Chaining family: Aureole Ray)

7*: Lvl 105 Turbulence (74 MP / 30-Hit) - Wind hybrid damage (24x) to all enemies
    (Chaining family: Aureole Ray)

7*: Lvl 105 Turmoil (74 MP / 9-Hit) - 24x hybrid non-elemental damage to all enemies (Remember that weapon element or imbues apply)
    (Chaining Family: Bolting Strike)

7*: Lvl 110 Intense Rancor (99 MP / 1-Hit) - [5 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Increase physical and magic damage against birds and demons (75%) for 3 turns to caster
    Increase ATK/MAG (200%) for 4 turns to caster
    Hybrid damage (40x) to one enemy

7*: Lvl 110 Birds of a Feather (84 MP) - [8 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Decrease DEF/SPR (74%) for 4 turns to all enemies
    Increase LB gauge (10) to all allies

6*: Lvl 1 Crow Talons - Enables dual wielding of one-handed weapons
    Increase ATK/MAG (60%)
    Increase equipment ATK/MAG (50%) when dual wielding
    Increase chain modifier cap (6x) when dual wielding and increase equipment stats boost cap when dual wielding

6*: Lvl 100 Vengeful Sky - Chance to counter physical / magic attacks (50%) with Decrease ATK/MAG (60%) for 4 turns to all enemies + Hybrid damage (12x, 7-Hit) to all enemies (max 1/turn)

7*: Lvl 101 Hungry Heart - [Requirement: TMR or STMR equipped]
    Increase ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR/HP/MP (20%)
    Increase equipment ATK (50%) when dual wielding
    Increase equipment MAG (50%) when dual wielding
    Increase LB gauge fill rate (100%)

7*: Lvl 120 Shrill Cry - Increase physical and magic damage against birds and demons (50%)
    Increase modifier (4x) to Fiendish Winds, Thousand Wings, Thousand Wings+, Turbulence, Turmoil
    Increase LB damage (30%)

As you can see, Malphasie gains 70% Equip ATK//MAG with her upgrades alongside multiple new frame families and even a new go-to skill in Turmoil, which is stronger even than Thousand Wings right off the bat and also chains with our new Bolting Strike family perfectly. With a dupe, you can also use the quite powerful upgraded LB-unlocked skills with a full 54x modifier after applied proper imperil, even after the Hybrid split. That combined with her new 6x chain mod cap is pretty swanky, as there isn't even a unit in JP that has that for the magic side of damage at all. She is now easily one of the most surviveable units out there with zero additional gear required in order to push a threshold and survive, and if comparing STMR builds is even a match for Esther and competitor for Zeno.

Thank you for your time.

2. Aliala

Aliala Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Malphasie <3
    My wifey! ::rudecat17::::rudecat17::::rudecat17::::rudecat17::

AnnieMae and Tamamo05 like this.
  3. Realityfelon

Realityfelon Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph, TT, Barbie, Fry
    Survivable? I love Malphasie but I've always found her pretty fragile. I must be doing something wrong?

4. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    Appreciate the work and effort in this post as well

Randkin likes this.
  5. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Note that I am saying in using her Feast for Crows skill alongside an attack skill, likely with a dupe. If she's dying in a round where that skill has been used, I'm not sure how that's really being accomplished, because 75% mitigation by itself is absolutely enormous.

Aliala likes this.
  6. Realityfelon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph, TT, Barbie, Fry
    Ah right, apologies. I was thinking in terms of pure HP, I'd forgotten about FfC. Hrm. Might have to try that for that last 20% of NeoExdeath. Might help.

Randkin likes this.
  7. Aliala

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Malphasie <3
    If you wanna borrow my Malphasie for that, lemme know~ Idk if there's specific gear she'll need, right now she's just geared for stats lol

8. Realityfelon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph, TT, Barbie, Fry
    That would be great. I'm 809,938,332 Yojimbo.

For gear a Safety bit, Status Immunity and Ifrit equipped would be great, thank you.

9. Blehhh

Blehhh Well-Known Member

Can I see your builds for her cause I'm having trouble pushing her past 2000 on atk/mag

10. Aliala

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Malphasie <3
    K, Meeting those requirements will drop her overall power a bit, but I might be able to make up for some of it by changing a couple other materia.

This is the best i can do with safety bit plus status immunity
    Capture2.JPG

This is mine as of right now. Trying to gather some stuff so her magic can catch up to her atk lol.
    Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

11. Realityfelon

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph, TT, Barbie, Fry
    Looks great, thank you very much

Aliala likes this.
  12. Phlucious

Phlucious Ascended Member

Global ID:
    310 905 590
    Leads:
    Esther; Event; LM Fina; SS Charlotte
    ::rudecat17::
    Not to mention her amazing access to AR chains. Burned through the chaining challenge with two of her and a Zeno, no problem.

Aliala likes this.
  13. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther / Elena / SS Charlotte / Event
    Thumbs up for the review. But I don't know if those statements should be untouched. Esther, Zeno and Elena tend to have more survivability. Reasons are far more DEF/SPR and things like innate guts or mitigation. Also, when comparing STMR Malphasie to STMR Zeno or Elena (who is completely ignored), I'm pretty sure Malphasie is holding good, but not as close to Zeno/Elena as you point out, giving a false impression. Especially when you lack any numbers to prove your thesis. Maybe you want to consider this for future reviews.

I like her (GLEX and stuff) and her re-work was done in a pretty good way, I even use her in arean (AR/BS chains), but I think she is not that powerful/outstanding as your review makes her look like. Nonetheless a great unit after all.

14. Randkin

Randkin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I don't believe I had Zeno updated at the time, actually, as I originally posted this a while off (Elena wasn't around yet if memory serves) and transferred it over here, but as for this lack of numbers, here you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...k5nN5y_ALSTnzG9ESQRjScGTYk/edit#gid=545076907

Also, once again, Malphasie's survivability as I've listed is in using Feast For Crows alongside a damage skill, which is comparable to a tank cooldown in terms of mitigation. You can also have her with Guts if you've pulled the right stuff, so that's gear-dependant really.