1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

UOC breaker or buffer

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by iLovDUCK, May 14, 2019.

1. iLovDUCK

iLovDUCK Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    So I got a 6* Loren and 6* Sylvie. I am planning to UOC one of them. Which one should I pick? or should I wait for anniversary unit?

My current breaker is CG Lid
    and my current buffer is Zaarg

2. Kaka

Kaka CG-OK Collector VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    Go for CG lid..
    Breaker > Buffer...
    Sometimes you dont need breaker, but its in very very rare case..

I did uoc my second Lid at Jp..
    Never regret it, makes my life easier.. lol

List of her ability:
    - Dualcast 70% single debuff (after enhanced).. this debuff is strong already, most of time works very well..
    - CD ability 74% debuff with scan
    - Random 84% debuff (cant rely on this)
    - Spammable Lb (im using Lb equip to her and she can Lb every 2 turns) her lb last for 3.. (with max equip, her Tmr, and Sbb)
    - Lastly Jamming Pulse (CD ability), remove buffs from enemy without removing your debuff (comes super handy sometimes)

3. IvaNL

IvaNL Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Sophia , GLS , Jecht ,esther
    For my choice I’m going for sylvie no regrets. She can do a lot of stuff in 7* form. Plus cg lid enhancement would be next month.

Seven likes this.
  4. iLovDUCK

iLovDUCK Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    My CG Lid is already 7* I am planning to switch to Lorrn because I feel CG Lid is harder to keep good breaks up all the time?

Seven likes this.
  5. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    Ahh, my bad..
    I think Lid is good for a buffer, no need to upgrade unless you dont have other choice..

Go for Sylvie then..

Seven likes this.
  6. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    You ideally want LB fill and Hight Tide-like gear on her, to use her LB all the time.

Trust me, Loren isn’t that much better at maintaining breaks. She’s only got more utility because of imperils and chains.

I’d say go for Sylvie, but I’ve also got Zargabaath and he’s working quite well for me...so...wait and see until there’s anything you simply can’t beat.

7. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    But lid is a breaker...

And even then you definitely won’t need to upgrade what with enhancements soon...

8. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    No brainer, sylvie , she can break and buff lol. And imperil 3 elements and has t-cast and can raise all element resist :-s crazy to uoc any other for that role to date imo Edit also has single cast full raise, reraise and Dispelga xD

Seven likes this.
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Sophia/Beatrix/Esther/Sylvie
    I think Lid's LB lasts only 2 turns?

10. lupinorris

lupinorris "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    loren its an old unit and I mean that because she already reach her peak...

sylvie its a swiss army knife... she is worth the UOC

but I agree with most people say about h.t.sexy ass Lid a dedicated breaker...

Seven likes this.
  11. bceltics_3

bceltics_3 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elly
    Lid & Zargabaath should be good for most content, but if you need a new support unit, Sylvie would be the better option since she is the best buffer, and Lid should be more than enough for breaks.

MysT and Seven like this.
  12. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    I just suggesting, because he already have 7* which is my mistake..

I believe its 3..
    I always can re break before its over...
    And for the first turn i usually use CD 74% break (last 2 turns) then use Lb all the time...

With my current setup, she gains like 40% of her Lb bar every turn (yeah, its free, even the boss doesnt give any Lb cryst)..
    If he got Lb cryst also (attacking with your chainer) its gonna full at one turn..

Seven likes this.
  13. Aricin

Aricin Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hic svnt Leones
    Sylvie without a doubt. Her 7* can break at 70% (albeit on CD), and her normal rotation includes AoE ribbon (plus esunaga), break resistance (plus removal), an AoE 1K HP barrier, and 50% all elemental resistances. Oh, and two type mitigations. Oh, and chain-making out of anyone. Oh, and three elemental imbue possibilities.

Loren's great - long been a staple of my teams. But Sylvie is a whole 'nother tier.

Seven likes this.
  14. GreenXia

GreenXia Well-Known Member

As you already have 7* Lid I wouldn't use a UoC for Loren. Sylvie is a great unit and if I didn't already have her 7* I would be UoC'ing it.

And if you are having issues keeping up Lid's breaks, then Sylvie can assist there in any downtime with her 70% 3 turn CD breaks.

Lid's enhancements if they follow JP will give her another 50% LB fill rate (on top of innate 100%) and +1 LB per turn, so maintaining the LB will be easier. Though as a heads up (if I'm reading the reddit page correctly) her enhancements, all 8 of them (!), come in at over 12m gil…)

Seven likes this.
  15. efok

efok Active Member

Put a holy wand on sylvie and it gets even better. Could slap on curaga material to make her a full backup healer

Seven likes this.
  16. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    Yeah, her enhancement is very expensive..
    And as i said, with enhancement, his tmr , some Lb up gear and Boss Series buff (will introduce later), i got like 14lb per turn for free..
    She also have good Bulk stats..

Its very easy to keep 79% Lb debuff all the time..

But she is only good at pure breaker, another top tier breaker tops her because of versatility..
    Yet as pure breaker, she is awesome..

Seven likes this.
  17. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Definitely do NOT get Loren, unless Zeno is your damage dealer. (He likes the LB fill rate on T1, so Loren is pretty good there.) There are better breakers coming up (Summer Fid, King Edgar, Adventurer Locke) as well as CG Lid's enhancements, which makes Lid's on-demand breaks go to 70%. (JP got them w/ the anniversary, which is next month in GL.)

Sylvie doesn't really need to go to 7* (and her LB, while better, becomes harder to use), although she does handle your short-term Lid reliability issues with her cooldown breaks. I think you could wait here too.

OP, I'm unsure what the rest of your team options look like, but I don't think either slot is a strong need right now. Do you have general mitigation to use with Sylvie (i.e. Sieghard, Rena, extra UOCs slotted for Aerith or CG Charlotte)? If not, she may not be an upgrade over Zarg very often right now. (Note that every future tank has a mitigation LB, so this is a temporary problem in her kit.)

Seven likes this.
  18. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Tidus, Trance Terra,tons of others
    don't UoC ANYTHING until anniversary, you don't know what free stuff you're getting, we might get something like those Fan Festa UoCs from last november, for example.
    Anniversary is just around the corner, wait for it before spending you hard earned UoCs.

toooskies likes this.
  19. GreenXia

GreenXia Well-Known Member

Agree with you. I don't use her myself as she is just a breaker (as you say) and I prefer more versatility. I'm fortunate to be stacked in that area (7* of Kryla, 2B, Auron, Lid, Loren) which always helps!

20. Kaka

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG OK
    Yes you right, because of my experience she has some free turns...
    Better if you have someone who can do something else..
    And i dont have someone beside Lid as breaker.. lol

GreenXia likes this.