1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

UoC Strategies going forward

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by PrezObama, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:47 AM.

1. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    So I pulled King Rain in about 50 tickets.

I have 28x 4* tickets and 72x 3* tickets left plus I didn't need to touch my 90k lapis hoard. I have 53 UoC saved up as well.

So the question I have is do I UoC the second one? Since you can't UoC the first unit going forward on the meta units it seems like the best use of UoC tix is for the prism to 7* right? Like I should save my pull tix and lapis for future meta units since I need to pull the first one using them. Am I looking at this wrong? Is this the best strategy for UoCs going forward?

Skye and Seven like this.
  2. thesodox

thesodox Ascended Member

Global ID:
    002 352 690
    if you already beat every trial in this game. there is no need to pull him.... seriously...
    i have 2 CG rain with 6 tiket (some 4 and 3) he now sit in the party doing nothing :|
    if i spend a lot of resources just to make him sit in my party. ill be dissapointed :|
    just like some of people here say, wait for WoL or CG OK / Noctis / Madam

Tamamo05, Jimmy Li and Skye like this.
  3. Danziger

Danziger Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Noctis is already weaker than our current DPS. Madame Edel will be DOA like Akstar. Everyone is hyped for her, one month before her release a GLEX exclusive will come and eat her alive. Everyone was hyped for CG Rain also. On his release he is just slightly stronger than Karten/Godrea.

I think there is no big strategy. If you are seeing an unit you are totally in love with try with tickets, then step-up. Maybe you don't need to UOC them. If just only get the guarenteed copy, then UOC.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 6:18 AM
  4. iBuko

iBuko Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Karten, Esther, Regina, Zeno
    Karten is Love.

You and Karten are like Regina with @Skye

I love Karten too. A lot lol

5. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B, Esther, Rena, Randi
    Hoarding for Edel then becomes a good plan, like people who hoarded for Akstar and they got Esther and blew up the Akstar hoard on her.

Tamamo05, Danziger and Skye like this.
  6. Danziger

Global ID:
    Haha real fan-boys/girls don't give up their dreams easily ::ink::

This. Sounds like a reasonable plan. I just say don't get too overexcited with the JP trash that comes our way ::ink::::ink::::ink::

7. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Seriously?!

Should I post some pm where you were doubting about his power? Lol
    If you love him, you know who have to thank. ::ink::

(Now you are all for Karten. Me too actually but that pull is making me think about Rain)

Danziger likes this.
  8. Danziger

Global ID:
    Haha, just DON'T :D. It would really mess with my statement.

9. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    I think the general point was whether it's better to keep pulling for dupes or to UoC that prism.

I'd say it depends, you get 8 UoCs in what? approximately 3 months? if you're F2P maybe you get 10k Lapis per month, so around one step-up lap per 3 months? Might be more or less I guess depending on events.

So if you do a step-up per 3 months and the UoC the unit if needed you get at least one 7* (maybe more).

Poached and Danziger like this.
  10. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    I will never let losing your statement.
    That’s what friends are for, no?

Danziger likes this.
  11. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Isn't it 2 UoC per month that they announce? So that'd be 4 months to get 8 UoC to get a prism.

Danziger likes this.
  12. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    Often trials also offer UoCs.

13. Danziger

Global ID:
    It will be harder than before to get an STMR because you only get one guarenteed unit. Don't know whether the new rates are a real blessing for on-banner charakter after one the limited step-up.

Has someone tried the new summon for 5k instead of the step-up? Maybe a new Thread would be appropriate for that.

Skye likes this.
  14. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hmm, yeah, the Scorn bosses all gave 1 and they do release those roughly every 3 months give or take a month...

15. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It's not really harder, in fact, it's easier because the on banner rates went up 50% (1 to 1.5%). The UoC change also made it cheaper (for UoC) to get an STMR as long as you summon 2 of a unit as you can spend 16 UoC instead of 20 to get the STMR. It just costs an extra 3 million gil and some cactaurs (negligible) to combine them all.

CGauss likes this.
  16. Danziger

Global ID:
    It's not that easy to say. Because eventually with the new system you will run out of UOC real fast. They just have to come up with nice banners and everyone will give everything they had away for this. If you run out on UOCs you can just summon a dupe every 4 months.

They increased the rate, but from what i read in the regrets thread there were many that spent almost 50k lapis on banner without a guarenteed unit on it and got nothing but trash. And no one knows if every banner will have just one possible lap and a guaranteed unit like CG Rain. So even with a 50% increase that sounds like much 1,5 percent is still a very little probability. But in the end i still like this system. Because if you get your guaranteed unit at the end of a step-up and you got no dupe for a seven star. In worst case you can get the dupe 4 months later. And of course there is no summon fest. So things are getting easier.

Valmanway likes this.
  17. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

My strat is this: I’ve built up a nest egg of UOC, haven’t used any. So starting with 64, that’s 8 prisms.

At an accrual rate of 2/month, every 4 months we get a freebie. Still gotta be super stingy with pulls but I can have an easy banner basically every 3 months without losing barely any UOC. Some banners will be tickets, the rare can’t miss will be lapis, the emergency ones where you get caught with your pants down and resources low will be UOC prisms. Most will still be skips. They’re gonna throw DD after DD after DD at us, don’t fall for the traps. Pick one and roll with it until they aren’t capable anymore.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 7:39 AM
    Person likes this.
  18. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    UoC strat is the same it has always been.
    just hoard forever.

joking aside....
    now that the UoC chance comes out alongside the banner, I think mostly the best option will be to do a full lap and in case you get just the guaranteed unit, UoC the prism for the 7*, whenever UoCs are available.

as always, depends on the banner, I'd value the 8 UoCs at slightly less than the 25k Lapis for a full Lap regularly.

and I'm not changing my 5 UoCs for 10k Lapis. no way in hell. If it was 15, I would.

19. rtt

rtt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Accidentally pulled one too cos I can never leave my tickets alone and always run near zero and he popped from the gold (which was my real target) from ff6 boss tickets.

Rain was fun enough when he was still flirting w Siren. 2nd season not so much apart from his *spoiler guise sharp tongue. So guess he will rot on expedition duty for now. Long live Regina. Lol

6 is kinda max cost I will happily use UoC for prisms.

Tamamo05 and Skye like this.
  20. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    It's possible, but not likely you're going to have to UoC on every banner you pull on (as sometimes you get lucky and get 2 of the banner unit when pulling). And even then, with the rate of 2/mo you get a guaranteed 7* every 4 months, sometimes more often with trials rewarding UoC. Not like you need STMR every time you pull.

Danziger likes this.