1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Upcoming May Units/Banners Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by Dirk Tiu, May 2, 2021.

1. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Well-Known Member

Watch here:

Crimson Blade Ardyn

C.B. Ardyn is basically a Dark version of C.B. Noctis. He’ll do as much damage as him if he also gets a Global Upgrade. If you have Vinera, consider pulling for NV Ardyn since their elements match up. Vinera has a 90% DEF debuff and a 25% Dark amp. You could build a Dark team with these two as your core units.

NVA Aranea

Aranea gets huge modifier boosts to her jump abilities in normal form. She can also do respectable damage as a Bolting Strike chainer. In her Brave Shift form, she is a TDH jump damage dealer who has high killers for demons, machinas and reapers. She has a unique area effect that increases ATK by 25%. It stacks with the normal ATK buffs.

Elric Brothers

They are Earth physical tag team/Stardust Ray chainers in normal form. Their LB can mitigate damage by 70% and they can also apply a 150% DEF area effect. In Brave Shift form, they are LB damage dealers that have four elemental imbues: fire, lightning, earth and water.

King Bradley

King Bradley is a TDW physical damage dealer that has high evade and passive provoke. He turns into a Stardust Ray chainer and LB damage dealer in Brave Shift form. He has access to fire and lightning imbues and does increased damage to Humans\

NVA Roy Mustang

He is a fire-based magical chainer in normal form. He gains a skill that boosts demon and human killer by 200% (can be stolen and spread by MM Xon). He has a hard-hitting fire-based magic LB finisher in brave shift form. He can also imbue all allies with fire via with auto-attack which is really cool!

Envy

Envy is a physical damage dealer with a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He can do fixed damage, instant death, and confuse. He is highly effective against Humans.

Greed

Greed is a DEF-based physical damage dealer like King Behemy. The real prize is his STMR - clothes that have 30% physical evasion on top of 70% DEF and 43 DEF.

Swift Thief Zidane

NV Zidane is a buffer in normal form. He can buff LB damage by 300% via his STMR and by 250% using his LB. He can also buff AoE Avian killer. In Brave Shift form, he is a physical damage dealer that specializes in Stardust Ray Chains. His BS LB increases its damage the more it is used for up to 295x modifier. He can also imperil fire and wind by 130% similar to NV Faris.

Pure Black Mage Vivi

NV Vivi is a buffer in normal form. He can increase the damage of reflected magic and make it self chain. He also has a dedicated MAG buff similar to NV Melo’s that stacks with the normal MAG buff. He can imbue all allies with fire, lightning and ice element. He turns into a magic damage dealer in Brave Shift form. He has access to quad cast black magic. His BS LB is a physical type attack that does magic damage which means it can be imbued with any element.

Loyal Knight Steiner

Steiner is a physical tank that excels in covering damage from bird and stone enemies. He is bulky enough to compare to NV tanks. His cover skill has a 100% chance of covering. He can grant 4 stacks of reflect to allies making him an great unit to pair with NV Vivi. Sadly, he doesn’t reach the heights of NV Gladiolus in terms of pure bulk since he has less base stats and unable to equip Vision Cards.

Chorale

Chorale is a dark-based physical damage dealer who is strong against demons, humans and aquatic enemies. He can also debuff the stats of enemies while doing damage. His Limit Burst can debuff DEF by 87% and imperil light/dark by 130%. He becomed a pure attacker in Brave Shift form sporting a 200x mod skill after stacking.

Diverti

Diverti is a SPR-based magic attacker that can cover magic attacks in normal form. He specializes in Earth-based Bolting Strike attacks. He turns into an Earth-based Evoke magic damage dealer in Brave Shift form. He can also increase Earth magic damage by 25%. He is easier to gear than the other evokers.

Conche

Coche is a buffer than can imperil, imbue and amp lightening, water and dark. She has a 100% demon killer buff to the party.

She can also buff LB damage and fill LB gauge similar to Lumina.

Belmera

Belmera is an exploration unit that can steal items from all enemies. Her auto attack debuffs DEF by 75% to all enemies. She will be useful in farming and in arena. She has a lot of evade passives. Building her for auto attack vis Berserk is recommended.

Kaktiria

Global Original Unit made by a fan. Not much is known about the unit except the it is a buffer.

Who are you most excited for?

2. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Sora | JP NV Noctis
    GL is not JP, you don't have access to unlimited berserk materia. You are able to only equip 1 with equip sword materia and avenger.

3. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Doesn’t seem exciting maybe zidane

4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    So, let's see.
    Ardyn: Don't care.
    Aranea: Only 1 copy of her so far. So, unlikely to get her up and running.
    FMA: Don't care.
    FF9: Interesting.
    GLEX: Interesting.

Well, a long pause for me then.

Scheich likes this.
  5. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NVFaris, CBNoct, Vinera, Cleostar
    If this turns out to be indeed the lineup for May without any surprises, it will easily be a month to skip everything and save for me. I might drop some tickets on Ardyn and Zidane, but at this point I'm mostly interested in their STMRs.

21er, frithsblessing and Wdiggums like this.
  6. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Well-Known Member

We can get two avengers in-game.
    Take note. It's not in order and there might be a few surprises for us.

7. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I'm aware. Unless they skip FMA, I will have a long pause regardless. If they shift FF9/GLEX up, then I gonna have to skip those. Anohter scenario would be putting GLEX in the middle of FMA. But in any cases, I shoudl have 2-3 banners to skip at least.

Wdiggums likes this.
  8. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Sora | JP NV Noctis
    You missed my point completely, but nevermind because I made mistake there, for some reason I thought Avenger was sword, but its dagger.

9. Ender7477

Ender7477 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    And with what event would they give us CB Arfyn and NVA Aranea? The FFXV KM they came from is passed and they are not part of the raid. Doesn't it seem more likely that they get skipped entirely than that Gumi makes a new event just to release them?

10. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

I'm waiting for zidane
    Glex unit might be interesting. And since noctis got gl upgrade, there is a chance all jp unit which have lower damage than noctis and lunafreya will also get buff which means a unit like chorale/diverti might outdamage lunafreya thus make people interested on them

11. Feyris

Feyris "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    632 004 593
    Leads:
    NV Lunafreya
    I'm about to skip everything until FF7R Tifa, unless they release another interesting evoker. Luna burned my resources.

frithsblessing likes this.
  12. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    uhhh which if these aren't nv, or are they all?

13. Kain Darkwind

Kain Darkwind Ascended Member

Wait, so in JP, they got Ardyn and Aranea in addition to Noctis and Nyx?

14. Mr. Crifford

Mr. Crifford Ascended Member

Awesome list! It’s nice to have at mild idea of what might come. The only unit I see that I’d be glad to get is the Elric Brothers. But not for any reason other than Edward Elric was my best damage dealer for quite some time prior to NV. Looks like NV Vivi might be pretty solid. I always thought FF9 was underrated so it’s good to see them get some love.

15. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NVFaris, CBNoct, Vinera, Cleostar
    Yes, there were two different banners during the KM event, one for noctis and one for ardyn

16. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Zidane. Too hard to pass

17. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

I wanted to pull for Elric borthers but after getting totally shafted on the last 3 banners I pulled and until they do something with the horrible featured rates I just can't get excited for any of these units.
    Also it probably doesn't help either that many of the newly released 5* units are so bland...got 2 Freesia's recently, checked her abilities out...she has 2 (wtf) abilities, rest are generic healer spells. Yes, she gets the job done but just look at our previous healers.

18. Rafaelfras

Rafaelfras Member

What's so good about him??

19. Roland.von.Zeppelin

Roland.von.Zeppelin Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tyro FTW
    Envy, Greed, LK Steiner, Conche, & Belmera are 7*

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  20. Kain Darkwind

Kain Darkwind Ascended Member

Well, I guess they're too busy "focusing on Arena" to give us the units...

Christ on a crutch.