1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News Updates to Select Summon and Rainbow Summon Rates

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by KeybladeMaster97, Nov 4, 2019.

1. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    didnt they state in video current untis can be gotten for same tix as currently and only future prisms are reduced to 8?

Tamamo05 likes this.
  2. CGauss

CGauss Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    If you somewhat manage to handle your free less than 20k lapis per month, you could pull for just one banner unit. With 1,5% rates you should catch markably more easier that one unit. And you only need 8 tickets instead of 10.

In longer run, you should be able to catch way more 7stars than before.

Edit: it was also stated that getting random 7star pieces of newer units should be little bit easier. As knowing your posting history, you should be able to now get stmrs with your daily pull luck, instead of those just 7 stars with "only 3ticket and 2 daily pulls" :)

Tamamo05 likes this.
  3. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    959 392 578
    Leads:
    Ibara
    Shrugs
    they did

4. CGauss

CGauss Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    There is basically 0 reasons to be bitching about this update :D.

5. hotaru251

Global ID:
    so its 25000 lapis for Rains stepup....about 1k higher than usual isnt it? (afair 1st step was 4k not 5k)

6. Conrad Mugetsu

Conrad Mugetsu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I'll take Hiroki's word for it, he said to please try it out before casting any judgment on the decision, plus they are giving us a free 10+1 per week for 3 weeks so we can try out the new drop rates without spending anything, along with 5000 lapis (probably split between so many days).

My take on it is this is far better than JP Summon Fest, at least all summon fest units you can get at any time rather than only during the weeks they are released on banner. A lot of people were so worried about Summon Fest coming to GL and people say they will quit if it is implemented, not to mention UoC's were pretty much useless during JP Summon Fest, at least in GL it keeps UoCs still relevent and helps keep their bottomline. So I don't know why people still don't like this decision? In JP you couldn't even use UoCs for summon fest units, so at least they met us halfway.

I haven't used any UoCs myself, I relied strictly on either tickets or spending lapis to get 2 of a certain unit, to me this really doesn't affect me that much, I'll probably still use tickets and lapis to pull 2 of one unit, UoC would probably be my emergency lifeline in case I don't have any resources to get my 2nd copy. Also the drop rate increase is nice, but I feel that on banner vs. off banner should be at least 2% vs 3%.

I think they tried to be as fair as possible for both sides with UoCs, so I understand why it is what it is. Think of it this way, if you are planning on UoCing a unit, at least you only need to pull 1, like the good old days, that's less lapis spent chasing. I don't know about you guys, but usually I get my first unit pretty fast and it's only after I get the first unit then I feel an obligation to chase the dupe copy and it's the 2nd unit where I find gives me the most problems.

So all in all, I'm happy with what was said regarding the changes, let's just give this new system a chance.

Fishreca, Tamamo05 and CGauss like this.
  7. hotaru251

Global ID:
    its in game (news)
    most give away 100 a day but soem are 500, 1000.

8. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 VIP VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AC Cloud AC Tifa Mystina DPFina Cecil
    They announced in the producers letter video that the prisms will cost 8 uoc.

Tamamo05 likes this.
  9. RedPyramid

RedPyramid Ascended Member

There goes my hopes of getting cg terra

10. Conrad Mugetsu

Conrad Mugetsu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Yeah I read it just now when I entered the game, haven't logged in for a few hours so I missed the news that usually get released in the early morning hours.

11. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Retired
    retire
    Hm... I think as long as you are an active player, you'll get the newer rainbow in no time, now that step-up summon has reduced pool (or so they say).

We are getting many giveaway nowadays. Not like I can say that as a luck sack, but still.
    I think many people get many off rainbows which sucks but on the other hand, it can be a quite new and useful.

Also, I agree that we shouldn't ask for the same priviledge as those who paying. I mean that while we will enjoy the same rate, they still paying real money for what they want, means they have bigger chance to have new units than free to play player as they pull more.

I also want to bring the argument that said the dps powercreep above esther is rather a luxury than a necessity. The newer event can still be cleared with "old" unit for now and some of us are the type to challenge a challenge once and forget means getting a new *7 equals waiting is an okay.
    Many complaints when they have cleared all the challenges anyway, so they might have the time to just wait for the newer unit and challenges.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  12. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    This is a great change for Summon fest, this is a bit less advantageous for banners that were not fest in JP as all upcoming banners should work like that from what I understand. But I kinda like it. This is a great change.

Fishreca likes this.
  13. RedPyramid

RedPyramid Ascended Member

They’re smart to do this though. Now that you can only get a prism, and more characters are gonna become limited, people will pull harder for the ones they want. More pulls = more money. For example, I plan on now pulling harder for cg terra cause I can’t UoC her, only her prism.

14. Road Ants

Road Ants Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz Wilhelm Fid Charlotte Lena
    Compared to what we had before?

this is terrible.

but everyone seems happy because ‘it coulda been worse’

Gladio likes this.
  15. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    Compared to what we would have gotten if we were to get what JP got, which is like 99.5% of the content of this game, it's really not.

Kaladin likes this.
  16. IronAxe125

IronAxe125 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    Overall this seems great to me.

For those who want to bitch about tiny things I think the only thing that can be viewed as a negative (and its small) is the banner rate on on summons. When it was 3% with a 1% on banner chance you had a 33% chance of getting the rainbow you wanted in a crystal. So the rate goes up to 5% and 1.5%, which means greater chance of a rainbow, but there is only a 30% chance of getting an on banner rainbow in the crystal. Like I said, real small negative. The positives far outweigh the negatives, big fan here.

17. CGauss

CGauss Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    Not really terrible since in the long run you will get more 7stars. Of course if you definitely want that single unit instantly and run out of lapis there old system could help. But lapis value basically just god 50% buff and i dont see that bad to use 8 uocs per unit if somehow these better odds doesnt work.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    People will ALWAYS find a way to complain ;):-P

Ophiel and CGauss like this.
  19. CGauss

CGauss Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    Yeah, im excited that i got now way better odds to 7star with 1lap and if that fail i can use that cheaper uoc as my pleasure :)

Ophiel and Kaladin like this.
  20. fireflyege

fireflyege "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I think it is a greatly positive update considering the rainbow rates are doubled and with updated pools too.

I am a little salty about the 5 UoC update because of all the people that spent theirs. I hope they give us more UoC's as the UoC'able units get powercrept.

It is not even a negative considering we got a %50 more chance to get a banner unit. If you get a rainbow, the fear of not getting a no banner unit will be still real but I think we are gonna get almost double the rainbows now.

Raindah likes this.