1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Vision Card Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SummonerBWM, Mar 30, 2020.

1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Hello everyone! This guide is here to show each and every one of you how they work as well as my recommendations on which Vision Card is the best to use for your character and party. May this be helpful and clear up any confusion you might have. For abbreviations, VC will be used. BE is for Bestowed Effect and PA is for Party Ability.

VCs can be obtained by summoning. They tend to have 2nd priority after units. However, they can be very powerful. There are some vision cards where it can give you an esper! If the vision card gives you an esper, then you will also be able to equip the esper to you!

The Power of Vision Cards
    1. VCs can be strengthened through Grow Eggs. Grow Eggs can be obtained in their own chamber.

2. Some VCs can be awakened. When they're awakened, their effects and party abilities also become stronger as well. Higher Rank-VCs have more stats than lower-rank VCs.

3. VCs have a Bestowed Effect Ability. BEs only works on one unit. The unit carrying the card will have that card's specific effect. The BEs gets stronger as the VC is leveled up and can even be stronger through some who can be awakened.

4. VCs also carry Party Abilities. PAs not only applies to the unit but also to the rest who is in the team with it as well. They all receive benefits.

WARNING! VCs with the same PA CANNOT STACK! So if you are using an Ifrit VC with the ATK % ability and is attempting to use another VC that has an ATK %, the stronger of the two will be applied only. The only way to stack the ATK% is through a friend's unit, which is the only way to stack party abilities. % PAs and flat stat PAs in VC do stack from two separate units (A unit with an Ifrit card and another unit with a flat ATK from their card), so do not get it confused.

Best VCs to Use
    R VCs

The Flag of Wezette

[​IMG]

BE: Toad Resistance
    PA: Increase Evocation Gauge

Of all the R VCs, this is the only Rare card I STRONGLY suggest you have at all times and to level up! The Toad Resistance is super niche but we're not to be thinking about the BE. The main reason to have the R card is for the PA. Whenever a unit hits an enemy, they gain esper orbs. This card increases the number of orbs you can gain from them. This means you are capable of summoning even faster and espers are strong in and of themselves as well! This is the only one worth having and maxing out.

SR VCs

Bewitching Witch:

[​IMG]

BE: Reaper Killer; Def -
    PA: Casting Time -

This card is very great for mages! The specific mage will have more damage on undead monsters. Also, the PA will also shorten everyone's CT (Casting Time) by an amount and when maxed, it shortens everyone's CT by 30. This is crucial in allowing your units to be able to throw out their abilities and spells as fast as possible and to act faster in the turn rotation.

A Rare Day Off

[​IMG]

BE: Dex %
    PA: Luck %

This VA is very powerful in its own way. The unit will get so much Dex to help with their accuracy and crit rate but the PA will increase everyone's chance of being successful in their hits and evasion as well. I do recommend maxing this out as much as possible as well.

A Sweet Time

[​IMG]

BE: Critical Hit
    PA ATK %

This card is also going to be helpful. At max, a great 15% ATK and the unit using it will also be having a +20 to their critical hit rate.

MRs

Behemoth

[​IMG]

BE: Beast Killer; AGI %
    PA: Piercing Resistance

You can get Behemoth as an esper from this card! This card is going to be nice since beast monsters do tend to come up frequently. Also, being able to allow your party to take less damage from any piercing damage will also going to help with survival.

Vow of Love

[​IMG]

BE: Slashing Damage; Hate
    PA: ATK %

This VC you really want on your tanks. This card strengthens their slashing attacks and also gives them Hate, meaning they will attract the enemies to themselves rather than them attacking other units. This also gives the whole team ATK% (Max 30%) as well.

URs

Ifrit

[​IMG]

BE: Fire Attack
    PA: ATK %

Why Ifrit? Because he has the highest ATK 50% as a card that's why for the whole party when max!

Becoming Stronger Than Anyone Else

[​IMG]

BE: Critical Damage +10%
    PA: Cast Time - 100

This is very powerful. Not only is the critical damage is sweet but to shorten everyone's CT by 100 definitely beats Bewitchin Witch miles and miles!

Trousseau
    [​IMG]

BE: Dark Resistance
    PA: MAG 35%

For mages and only DD mages. May Mediena be forever blessed.

Echoing Scream

[​IMG]

BE: ATK Debuff Resistance 25%
    PA: Slashing Damage 35%

This is going to be for your main Physical DD. The ATK debuff resistance will ensure your DD will never lose any of their damage and with the slashing damage on top of it, you will surely see boss fights go down quicker than ever!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Poached, Urahara and Frosty Toast like this.
  2. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

very nice guide,i'm missing vow of love ,is the golem so bad as UR?mean 25% global extra hp seem huge on the paper allow you to don't be 1 shoted

3. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Golem is not bad. 25% HP is always good and can be placed on anyone; I honestly overlooked it and thought it comes out later.

4. zdemigod

zdemigod Ascended Member

Global ID:
    526 635 038
    Leads:
    AV Tifa EX1 and Noppy Ex1
    I think i got pretty lucky then, I have all of the above except ifrit and echoing screams

SummonerBWM likes this.
  5. Malpka

Malpka Ascended Member

Just a note on Ifrit - great as esper, as a vision however Vow of Love makes him pretty bad (unless you need fire attack). Yes VoL has lower attack boost, but passive provoke is just to good to pass. That pretty much leave you with choice: do you want few % more atk, or 1 more Party wide buff.

6. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Not true. If one still wants to have both of them all, Ifrit is going to completely beat Vow of Love for ATK power. Vow of Love is more for having that one unit have that tanking provoke power. 50% ATK is always going to be great over Vow of Love no matter what. Vow of Love at max is 30%. It makes sense to take the 50% ATK boost over the 30%; it doesn't mean you cannot have both at the same time. Oelde can make use of the Ifrit card and definitely Y'shtola for the fire damage.

7. Malpka

Malpka Ascended Member

I think you misunderstood me. My point was that to have this additional 20% atk you have to drop either of: 100 cast, 25% hp, 35% slash damage, or 35% mag

8. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    You compared Vow of Love to Ifrit and stated Ifrit card is bad, so I really didn't. More clarity please.

That depends on what team comp the person is even running. Even so, for more physical-oriented teams, Ifrit is still going to be stuck in there no matter what. Can't throw in a 35% MAG card if the player's team is not more than 1 DD mage and 35% slash damage won't do anything if the others do piercing or shooting damage instead. 50% ATK going to have a big advantage over the others because it doesn't matter if it is slash, piercing, or shooting, all the physical DD is going to get it. -100 CT will be more useful for mages than physical DDs since physical DDs don't really have a cast time on their own skills. Only 3 of what you just said can easily be replaced and I mainly use mages anyway.

9. Malpka

Malpka Ascended Member

I didnt compared them - I said that VoL makes him bad (bad is actually overstatement - meant worse than he look). And I was referring to balanced teams - if we go into team compositions then they will close the servers before we account for all possibilities :).

10. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    VoL still won't make him look the worse due to the fact that the 20% gap between the two of them is enormous. Also, if I am actually going to do a balanced team, I am most likely going to drop the 35% slash. This is assuming the player has a ranged-type DD. Even so, there are many combinations of VCs, that the fact Ifrit has the most ATK in-game, I would honestly say that any specific-typed VCs such as slash or piercing will be placed in a binder just so Ifrit can benefit all physical DDs and not one type of units.

11. Riftur

Riftur Ascended Member

I am the unluckiest person there is. I still do not have a single one of the rare vision cards you mentioned above. I even doublechecked that this thread was for FFBE because with the amount of cards I have, I do not understand how I never got any of the rare ones mentioned.

12. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    It has been a whole year since I made this guide, so I honestly will have to update this as there are stronger VC. Do not worry though for FFBE: War of the Visions. You will eventually get them.

Riftur likes this.