1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

VS Knight of Ruin Sterne, Stealing

Discussion in 'General' started by RaagisEd, May 13, 2022.

1. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Ok, so this wasn't clear to me so i'd think why not share this.

The event comes with a Flametongue weapon (sword?) that you can enhance to +1. It requires 100 Blissful Heart And Ahriman Tear. (and Fire Cryst). To get these you need to steal form the boss in "VS Knight of Ruin Sterne". This is apparently a JP thing, but this time we also got it on global.

Stealing sucks a bit, but a few units can do it, some can even tripplecast a steal (i used Vinera)
    Turns out i could steal multiple times over the first 3 turns. Not sure if there is a max on the steals or on the turns it allows it, but it is very worth it to steal multiple times before you kill the boss. And it is relatively easy to keep on stealing a few turns if you have an evade cover tank, i used Chows omnicover but i'm sure any physical cover would also work (or a full evade team)

First attempt i stole one time and 1 Ahriman Tear. Second attempt with the multiple steal i got 20 blissfull hearts and 17 Ahriman Tears. It still sucks, but about 37 times less, and i will be done in about 4-5 more runs instead of 200 more runs.

If you dont know any stealing units (you should have a mXon) you can also craft the steal ability if you did the story. (Combine it with something that doubles the steal chances like Mark of the Raven.)

Update: Also do this on the EXT variant, the easier one drops way less.
    Update2: It looks like you can steal about 12 times. (turns don't matter?)

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Sartre, Infreus, Cylian and 6 others like this.
  2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke ThePrincessJoke VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    I sincerly support all forms of benigne criminal energy.

Sartre and RaagisEd like this.
  3. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

Sinzar's mentioned it in his news video but totally forgot about it. So thanks for this. :)

Just tried it.
    The normal one only gives 1 of the materials and fire cryst on T1 and nothing on T2 from Vinera's 3x steal. And the EXT one gives random numbers of materials on T1 and 1 of the materials on T2.
    So farm it on the EXT difficulty.

Sartre, Cylian, miao_the_cat and 2 others like this.
  4. Phinny

Phinny "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chainers, LB finishers, bonus units
    I had totally forgotten about this and thought I was done with the event, so thank you!!
    Currently: Vinera looting x 3 with raven cape, with evade cover tank...when nothing left to steal, purge the fool with Reberta+Lara+Karten! Too bad it'll take a bit of farming with the other farm event at the same time...

Edit: Now I see I have to step up my steal game with a few chaining Xons, lol.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    RaagisEd and Kaladin like this.
  5. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke ThePrincessJoke VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Xon is terribly out of Meta eh?

RaagisEd and Kaladin like this.
  6. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

Absolutely not.

7. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Can we stop after stealing enough mats to craft the +1 flametongue?

RaagisEd likes this.
  8. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I think we can

Sartre likes this.
  9. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    So, if we can steal a max of 12 times per fight, which units are good then?

Vinera? (if I have 2, basically I steal for 2Turns (2*3*2 = 12), then finish the fight?) 4* Xon? Rainbow Xon (sorry, missed his wonderful era so I don't know him that well)? Locke? Shadow steals, no? Who else is good for this fight (humans, fire, right?)

RaagisEd likes this.
  10. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    A pair of MXons is sufficient. They can triple cast grand waylay. Two rounds will do. Just make sure you have his TMR equipped together with the a mark of the raven or thief bracer to guarantee your steals. Have a provoke evade cover tank to protect the team and 2 DPS to complete your steal team.

Cylian and RaagisEd like this.
  11. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I would agree with @miao_the_cat just bring 2, but bring at least 1 Vinera. Her 90% break makes for an easier clear.
    Also its only about 6 runs and we are all swimming in nrg bottles, so no need to overthink this too much.

Cylian and Phinny like this.
  12. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Hmmm ... might as well record my results, so far ...

Fight 1 - 4 units, so 2 Vineras to steal for 2 turns. 20 of each items. Not bad. Brought Reberta for Fire stuff, then tried out the new King Mont fellow. OK, 100% evade means he works. *shrugs
    Fight 2 - full force, with Esther. 2 Vineras steal twice, but now it's only 6 and 3 of the items. What? Why? ::thonk:: Esther LB can finish Reberta's chains, full stop.

Fight 3 - I paused a while for the Steal-ing, before triggering the Kill. 16/21 items now. OK. Much better. Team is set ...

Thank you as always, folks. ::up:: Without you all, I suck in this game as a filthy casual nowadays. ::joy::

Sartre and RaagisEd like this.
  13. Kain Darkwind

Kain Darkwind "Hall of Fame" Member

NV Rikku steals on her normal attack. As was mentioned before, you don't really need to strategically approach this, at all. I have my team outfitted in full evade so I don't have to do anything other than reload their actions, but a single physical cover tank can make this laughable.

RaagisEd and Cylian like this.
  14. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Having said all these, I tried putting my two KoG to work. They couldnt clear in 5 turns because of the Light attacks, mind you. ::joy::

Just reporting - took me more than 5 fights. There are a few fights where somehow only 3-6 items were stolen. The good thing is that each fight also is 2000EP, so ... Yah.

RaagisEd likes this.
  15. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Yeah, I just cleaned this one up today. Used mmXon and 7* Vaan each t-casting their steal on Turns 1 and 2 while Esther preps on Turn 1 and KOs on Turn 2. I even gave Runda Hanzo Gauntlet (3* Edge TMR) so he could cast Mug on both turns, but if the max steal cap is 12 then it's not really needed, I guess.

Cylian and RaagisEd like this.
  16. Kain Darkwind

My theft team, for those interested, consisted of NV Zidane, Vi...whatever that V chick is from War of the Visions, and NV Rikku. I uh...don't think they can kill the guy though, which is why NV Karten and Cetra Aerith are there, once they get done stealing, it's time for Aerith fire imbue, Zidane fire imperils, and Rikku BS chains with Karten. He dies immediately. 100% evade gear on everyone. If you don't have that, just sub out one of the thieves for any physical tank. My preference is King Behemy, just because he can BS chain with Karten too.

I've already got my shiny +1 firetongue. Which is going to immediately be power crept by Warrior of Light's sword Thursday, it appears. LOL. They used to wait for the trap banner to be finished before they released its replacement.

LurkerRamza and RaagisEd like this.
  17. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    OK, finished my work for once, having time to kill before the commute (and jam) home ...

So, is it worthwhile to steal fire crypts off this "boss", esp if there's nothing (or too many pots) to dump NRG?

18. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    It is still irl nrg, so no i don't think it is worth it :) Fire crysts are farmable in other ways if we'd ever need them which i doubt. (If those were megacryst... maybe)

19. Kain Darkwind

No, even megacrysts aren't worth it. Put it another way. What are you trying to make with fire crysts these days? Jack Garland's buddy, Jack Shit, that's what. Even if you were, you just switch your friend request to fire crysts, forget about it for a week, and have 700+. What, are you going to miss the friend points?