1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

War of the Visions - Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Nina, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Me too... I played Tactics back in the day so I know the concept of the battle system fine. It's just all the character leveling/awakening/limit breaking/etc that is new. I'll get there in a few days i'm sure ::up::

Frosty Toast likes this.
  2. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    I remember thinking how confusing and behind it must feel to start this game from scratch since it was soo much simpler in the pre 5* era when I started.
    Now right out the gate with WotV it is definitely a little overwhelming. Just gonna start hoarding a little of all these mats, etc. until it gets clearer.

Kaladin, Eynskaet and Frosty Toast like this.
  3. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    What is confusing?

4. Jim

Jim Ascended Member

You mention the ability to farm 10 shards per day for characters on Global. Where do you go to do that?

5. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    hard quests

Jim likes this.
  6. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    I was comparing it to legacy RPGs including FFT where you could only travel to the next dot.
    Or BE where when we started there was only the story and not even things like pots, only 4 star awakening mats and sacred crystals were the pinnacle.

I do like how they introduce each feature one at a time though.
    I just meant it will take a while to get a balance of how to hoard and upgrade:
    Units:
    Limit Break
    Abilities
    Ability enhancements
    Awakenings
    Jobs
    Job levels
    Unit levels

Equipment:
    Just getting some
    Enhancements
    Awakenings
    Crafting
    Recipes

Espers:
    Levels
    Abilities
    Equipping them

Card things:
    Enhancements
    Awakenings

Guilds
    Story
    Story quests
    Challenges
    Expeditions
    A bunch of different shops and banners
    Paid vrs free currency....

It's fun, just a lot more in the face than old RPGs I'm used to.
    FFBE is more like this now, just not when it started.

7. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    This is a pet peeve right now. May you guys PLEASE in the formation menu, set up your unit you want your friends to use? I can be a bit bothered and irritated in only seeing naked Monts.

MacroH8r and Frosty Toast like this.
  8. zdemigod

zdemigod Ascended Member

Global ID:
    526 635 038
    Leads:
    AV Tifa EX1 and Noppy Ex1
    I put mediena up yesterday, did you see her? my ign is zeke

9. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    I did. I know you did but I know some did not, especially my best friends, so I had to tell them to do it.

10. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    MR Mega Rare -- think FFBE's 4-6* units
    UR Ultra Rare -- think FFBE's 5-7* units

The analogy isn't quite accurate though, because every unit in the game can be theoretically awakened to the highest level. The best reason to go for UR units is:

1) The kit may have stronger abilities (note the word "may")
    2) UR characters have higher base stats

However, I would argue that in a tactics game, your success depends on your ability to use your units correctly. A player using a bunch of R units intelligently will be able to win over a player using a bunch of UR units stupidly.

Eg: So many people are pulling for Mediena right now. She is the Queen of Lazy, because she gets her LB on her first turn.

At lower levels though, she basically has access to Blizzard and Bio, and when she is out of mana, she has to manually run up to enemies and hit them in the face with her staff so she can cast spells again.

In PvP, you can easily avoid Mediena deaths, by spacing out your units far apart so that her LB only hits one unit. Then, you just run up to her and swat her with your lowest damaging ability and she collapses.

Also, beware of tier lists. Aileen is pretty awesome in PvP because she is a tank buster. At least in my experience.

Flintzer0 and Kaladin like this.
  11. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lots and lots
    What MR rank and below are the hidden gems (think Mystea, Garnet, Timothy, Sarah, etc...) of WotV?

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  12. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    No Mediena player NEVER in a Free PvP match, use their Mediena to go and waste her LB on one person's unit unless they are super cocky. She hits hard anyway, so if anything, I would rather start having my units start strengthening her and let the tank go in and come after you to chip away HP so Mediena can go in and hit you. Also, she can learn drain, so even if one were to come after her, she can just regain that HP all over again. She's her own healer. That definitely will not work on me.

In the Arena PvP where the AI acts stupid, that can work. When it comes to players being in control, it will not really happen.

13. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    I'll tell you the MRs and SRs whwo are great to use.

MR:
    Mont: Because he easily adapts as your tank and DD easily with Lord and Paladin.
    Owe: Can give brave to self and allies.
    Grace: Learns Raise immediately at Lv 3 White Mage.
    Magritte: Learns Haste and counter slow at Lv 3 Time Mage. Can also learn Osmose and drain as a Black Mage.
    Vistralle: Only useful thief with a starting steal at Lv 1. Becomes better at Lv 3 Thief and then becomes adaptable as a Red Mage who can even start evading magic attacks.
    Fina: She easily is a healer but also can adapt as your archer as well based on her job, so she is two roles in one unit already starting off. Cheer is her famous skill for buffing and she can increase her range as well for attacks through a passive.

SR:
    Phoebe: Learns Haste and counter slow as a Lv 3 Time Mage.

Kaladin and Eynskaet like this.
  14. Eynskaet

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lots and lots
    Thanks. ::up:::)

Any other/additional opinions out there?

15. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'll second Grace. I wasn't lucky at getting Ayaka in my rerolls (I had her on one account, but that was the only notable unit so I threw it out), and Grace is basically a lesser version of Ayaka. She gets most of the same spells and abilities, but she also has the lancer sub-job, which means she can survive in PvP a bit better than other healers, and in regular fights she actually has some physical skills (like immobilization, and others).

I would say if you are willing to play a lot of the FFXIV, Y'shtola is really strong for a mage (especially if you didn't pull Mediena). In my opinion, Y'shtola has some benefits over Mediena, notably the ability Aetherial Manipulation (which she gets at level 1). AM allows you to move twice. Move across the battlefield and then use AM and as long as you aren't trying to scale a mountain (it allows you to go down, just not up) you can fly across the screen. Y'shtola's downside is that her only AoE attack requires her to be at 6*, and it's only a medium attack over 5 tiles.

As for SR units, Phoebe is interesting for other reasons (than what Summoner stated). She has a dragoon as a sub-class, in addition to her time mage class and white mage class. Which means, she can basically teleport around the field to heal as needed once you start leveling her as a white mage. She has both Transposition (allows you to switch places to with any of your units), as well as Horizontal Jump, Jump+1, and Dragon's Standard (which gives her a temporary Jump+1), meaning she can move across the field even more.

For example: she moves, then uses Horizontal Jump to dash across the field to an enemy (if you have a unit who is being clobbered by two or three enemies alone), lands on the enemy after her delay for some extra damage, and then heals the unit on her turn. Or, you could do the same thing (to move there quickly) and then use transposition with your tank to switch him, so that he takes the enemy aggro and your wounded unit can flee.

Yuni is another unique unit, because she can use a bow and also spells, as well as use her bow with magic attack. So she will never have nothing to do, as long as you keep her in range.

One N unit which is notable, is Zazan, who has the benefit of being a knight, warrior, and thief. Meaning he can get in there, break the enemy (he can lower ATK, MAG, AGI, TP, CT, and accuracy), he can cancel abilities currently charging up, and he can inflict confusion, knockback, as well as charm. He can also give himself Beast Killer and Man Eater, while focusing on evasion and agility (rather than defense) for survivability. Because he is N, he can easily be leveled up to max and used in a pinch.

I'm not sure about other units - most of my units are SR (which I've already gone over). I only have one N unit (Zazan) and two R units, and neither of the R units seem particularly useful.

Eynskaet likes this.
  16. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    What I meant was that I kept my units spread out so she could never use her LB on two+ units.

I had great joy when my enemy (in Free match) ended up using her LB on Engelbert, and he survived, then killed her in one hit on the next turn. Gilgamesh was off to the side, so he was fine since he can power up his Kotetsu while at ranged using Self-Haste or Healing Aura. After Engelbert took out Mediena, Gilgy came over and finished off the other two enemy units with a single Kotetsu.

17. Eynskaet

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lots and lots

Not sure I'm going to pursue that much depth in parallel with FFBE. :eek: Will need to see which of the supplemental units you guys have mentioned I've wound up drawing and poke around a bit more.

18. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Hey guys! I just found this out by myself! Even if your NRG is full or pass the max, you can still use your NRG restore orbs! :D

Fabell likes this.
  19. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Is there a way to set your in-battle preference for x1.5 speed and ability animations turned off as a default? So far, I have only been able to do it when I am in an actual battle, so I need to reset that every time, which is annoying, especially since I often can't tap the setting icon before Medina goes on with her LB.

Eynskaet likes this.
  20. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    On the screen just before you start a mission where you can set Units, Vision Card, and Esper, there is a button 'Battle Settings' at the bottom-left corner that you can set those permanently.

Screenshot_20200329-204342_WOTV FFBE.jpg