1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

War of the Visions - Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Nina, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Misterdyox

Misterdyox "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Before I start a new thread for this .. I am working on my Sterne right now and got a weapon question. What is the best non-TMR weapon for him right now? I have a Claymore Greatsword (Assault Type) on right now, with 30/146 Atk. I guess I get the 146 Atk once it is 5 stars? Or does it have to be also +5?

2. zdemigod

zdemigod Ascended Member

Global ID:
    526 635 038
    Leads:
    AV Tifa EX1 and Noppy Ex1
    the + of a weapon adds a special effect (slash damage +5 for example)not the stats. stat increase is random and happens from leveling the weapons up. excalibur and the N weapons are different where their stats up are not random. you might not get the full 146 at max level

Seven and Frosty Toast like this.
  3. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Can somebody tell me how to access the "Whimsy Shop". I got a popup that said it was open and then my tablet's battery died and now I have no idea where it is lol.

Seven and Frosty Toast like this.
  4. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    From the shop icon but it is only available for 30 minutes.

Seven and Kaladin like this.
  5. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Polyhedral VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Gone, reduced to
    atoms
    Yeah, it randomly appears from time to time.

Seven and Kaladin like this.
  6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Thanks guys. I'm only casually playing WotV but I am enjoying it.

Seven, SummonerBWM and Frosty Toast like this.
  7. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    While I'm barely maintaining balance between both games, I've sadly started neglecting this forum to do so ::joy::
    I might start taking the game slower, its weird that were all trying to max so much stuff out in the first week or two compared with BE beginning with so little to do.

Seven likes this.
  8. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Yet, we're getting spoiled with so much. Honestly. 10 million gil? My Y'shtola and Mediena is almost maxed out in one of their passives because of this.

Seven likes this.
  9. Spindoctor

Spindoctor Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Hyou
    @Nina I think I'm going to download this and give it a shot. I'll be rerolling and am not in a hurry to get started, so I can make the most of it.

I'm still reading the guide you posted and upon skimming through, I think the following questions are answered...but I want to check for updates since I've got to run off again and get some more things done before I finish the guide. I don't want to waste more opportunities for feedback.

1) Am I still aiming for 2+ UR's in the reroll? Is there a number that I stop at no matter if they are the recommended UR's or not?
    2) I don't know how long this game has been out since the guide. Have the list of recommended chars to pursue during a reroll changed?
    3) Are there any characters coming out soon that I might want to wait for before I start rerolling? I've seen Orlando mentioned.
    4) I've found Altema and Gamepedia pages for WotV. Are they accurate or still a little bare if the game hasn't been out that long?
    5) Is there anything else I might want to keep in mind as I prepare to jump down another FF rabbit hole?

Nina likes this.
  10. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    1. I personally find rerolling a waste of time. You will receive a good UR regardless. Players always want Mediena and/or Ayaka but honestly. If you have Engelbert, Greg (Gilgamesh), Xiza, Sterne, or even Robb. You're straight. I'm personally against it. I mean, it was ok for when the game is out on the first day of release but after that, it's like... why are you willing to set yourself back and refusing to progress while others are ahead of you? 1 UR is fine. Make use of the MRs and even SRs you receive.

2. This game is going on to its 3rd week, so you really missed out on a lot of rewards they gave out. Not sure if you will receive the 10 mil gil that they just gave out. No. The list for a reroll hasn't changed.

3. Besides, Orlandeau, not really.

4. Altema is always up to date. Gamepedia is almost up to date.

5. Be patient, take your time, don't be anxious, join a guild, plan accordingly, and make use of the units you have. Anyone can work.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Nina likes this.
  11. Nina

Nina Perfectly Splendid Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina

Summoner answered most of your questions. The only thing I don't really agree on is rerolling. It can help you progress in more difficult content. Especially when you're aiming for Mediena, Ayaka, Engelbert. I'm not sure when gl gets the harder content but for example its a struggle to deal with tower without the better UR units. The rates aren't in your favor so a good start when you don't mind rerolls will pay off later.

If you aren't in a hurry to get started it might be wise to wait for the Tactics event. Having the option to reroll for Orlandeau will give you a boost for sure.

12. Qlitus

Qlitus "Hall of Fame" Member

I agree with rerolling being a waste of time. I stuck with my original and am fine with it. The game isnt about rerolling for days

SummonerBWM likes this.
  13. Spindoctor

Spindoctor Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Hyou
    I don't mind the time investment in rerolling. It's unlikely I will do more than very sporadic spending once I am comfortable with the game and have a better understanding of the value that budgeted spending might give me, so I'll do the time getting that start before I'm committed. It works well with me watching WotV videos to learn more before I dive in.

On that note, I may have lucked out on my second reroll so I want to bounce this off those who have had more time to learn. This is who I got after doing the introductory roll and the 3 step-up rolls as suggested by Nina's guide:

Englebert
    Rob Hourne
    Yerma
    Macherie Hourne

EDIT: adding the MR's in case it's helpful in providing advice on this reroll. I haven't learned anything about chars other than the UR's yet.

Meriluke
    Grace
    Khury Wezette
    Rairyuu
    Fina
    Y'shtola

I don't know a lot yet...I'm still watching videos, but I'm concerned that 3 of those UR's are Light element. It looks like I'll only be able to focus on one which would be Englebert. Yerma is Wind if I remember correctly.

If this is a no-brainer keeper regardless, how does it compare to the possibility of Orlandeau and Ramza since it appears I haven't missed that colab yet. They seem to be highly recommended over on the JP side of things. Should I count my blessings now and just save my resources for rolling on the FFT step-up banner?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Urahara likes this.
  14. Urahara

Urahara Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AK Rain/Bonus/E. A.Fryevia/XWQL
    IMO I think that pull looks good. I’d stick with using your light resources on Engel. You can still use Grace or Fina as your healer without awakening them, Fina learns Cura & Cheer pretty early but no access to Esuna til later while Grace immediately has access to Cure & Esuna. Y’shtola is a good mage, you probably missed the FFXIV event but I’ve seen her shards being sold for gil. Also Mont is good too!
    Idk about Orlandeau or Ramza since I don’t follow JP or even looked honestly.

15. LurkerRamza

Global ID:
    Leads:
    So Equipment.
    Anyone else unable to put anything in the third slot despite it being unlocked via LB a d having random inventory that should be available?
    Both Mont and Yshtola are ready but my inventory shows empty when selecting the third slot...
    What am I missing?

Urahara likes this.
  16. Urahara

Urahara Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AK Rain/Bonus/E. A.Fryevia/XWQL
    Only a TMR is able to be put in the 3rd spot. If Y’shtola & Mont have both been awakened to 6* and their LB’s are maxed you should have their TMR, and you can’t have multiple of the same type of equipment equipped to them.

17. LurkerRamza

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks, that makes sense but wish it said that on the slot or something.
    No TMRs yet to see that.
    Yshtola is max LB but not awoke (saving azure orbs)
    Mont is max woke but not last LB yet.

18. wawandck

wawandck Member

Wow nice. thank you man