1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Warden Welter

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Antaus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Antaus

Antaus Well-Known Member

I finally managed to beat Alpherg, then read up on Welter and gave it a shot. First time was a loss, but not a bad one, got him down to the 29% HP gate using A. Rain as magic tank with Sol providing 75% light resistance. King Egdar was my breaker, Zeno finger snapped and got re-raised... a lot. Here's what's annoying me. I used Folka two's debuff resisters Flowing and Sobering Waters and Rain still got charmed. Does Invitation to Ruination bypass things like that? At the 29% HP gate he tried to charm Sol, didn't work.

Question 1: With high light resistance will I need an M. Tank?
    Question 2: Would a demon killer from a skill and an esper stack or override?

Seven and Skye like this.
  2. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Yes.

I mean yes the will stack :D

Seven and Sagranth like this.
  3. worldchicken

worldchicken Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/TT/Barbie/Event/Request
    Charm: 100% resist should protect your A. Rain. Check his equips to see if he has some negative charm resist that is working against you. The other possibility is that it got dispeled/ran out? Or maybe he wasn't in the party on the turn that you cast them? (oh how i miss the days of those trials! so much fun!)

#1: Just a quick glance at his move set, the answer is a likely no. The non-elemental hits in the first phase are conditional, and you should be able to seal them by reacting properly to his lead. Under 50% he has a non-elemental magic (Flash Ripper) that hits once every 4 turns. BUT! If you want to speed up first half of battle or use units to help with the summon missions, gear them properly and sub them out for the magic tank in the first half to get that done.

#2: Passive killers stack up to 300%. You can check this on the units stats summary (Details on top right, then tap the + button). In battle killer buffs stack on top of passives, but only the strongest in-battle one.

Seven likes this.
  4. Hollis

Hollis The toxic JP elitist VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    watcher welter.... the only CoA that I refuse to beat since I don't wanna close CoA memories :(

Sagranth, Fabell, Raelf and 2 others like this.
  5. Raelf

Raelf "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    E.Hyoh, Sol, Sieghard
    B-but the 25% everything killer accessory

6. Hollis

Hollis The toxic JP elitist VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A