1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Watch out for Jibbo

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Fabell, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    He isn't rated very high but his team is very scary. I opted the long route and took out each Lucas one by one but I definitely won't be fighting him again!

mmexport1578742600281.jpg mmexport1578742603826.jpg mmexport1578742608501.jpg

Seven likes this.
  2. encelor

encelor "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    King Giott/Bonus/Ed/Wu/Daddy
    I got him too today his party ain't death immune at all ;)

3. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze Sinners of the system VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    I fought similar team before.Managed to took them down in 1 turn but definitely don't want to encounter similar team again.
    _20191222_072805.JPG

Seven likes this.
  4. M33tmeonJupiter

M33tmeonJupiter New Member

People still fight in the arena?

I just use cursed rings

5. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

Nommo, Jibbo, rain lvl 1... it's all the same with all the units who got aoe triple or quadcast now that can chain...

6. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    The pots you get for ranks are really helpful, btw. That and arena medals are also really helpful to maximize pot usage, because you get smaller pots with arena ticket summons, so you don't end up wasting enhancement materials.

7. daima

Yeah and we never get enough HP and LB pots. Other weeks you can just do the 5 or 10 wins.

8. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I beat Nommo about 10 times today. My favourite is when one Rain covers the other, and the Lucases (Luci?) just collapse. Usually turn 1 win, all the more satisfying knowing the guy dropped (and keeps dropping each week) a fortune on the game just hoping to troll people... ::happy::

9. Qlitus

Qlitus Ascended Member

Let him drop a fortune. Keeps the game up for f2pers like me

The Fool likes this.
  10. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Still it feels quite good. Also very good bonus normally... ::happy::

Plus I feel that players who switch to a defensive team after burning their orbs just to entertain the hallucination that somewhere out there someone will be annoyed are all jerks.

Their ranking will not be impacted, because players who are in competition for top ranking burn Lapis and even losing once or twice would just be a rounding error; but they probably have the experience not to lose to troll teams.

So all they can hope to accomplish is to annoy and frustrate non-whales, F2P players and beginners/intermediate players. They are ::poop::.

Ferax, Clodia, LurkerRamza and 2 others like this.
  11. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Hmm, I tried Lucas in the arena the week he came out and he's not as impressive as Lilith (whose counters are considered magic). His counters are considered physical attacks that do magical damage and as such can be physical evaded. Physical evasion is pretty common on damage dealing units, even if it's in small amounts.

Skye likes this.
  12. daima

And his LB on his second turn doesnt keep the pressure and he's not healing back to full every turn.

Lilith is still the Arena Queen and by a large margin.

Skye likes this.
  13. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Also..., no. 7265? ::alien::

14. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

That team wouldn’t be too bad. I use a team full of CW Q-casters so as long as there’s no rains to jump in front and cover it’s a t1 kill no matter who they’re using.

also, trying to gear 5 tanks means each one won’t have stellar gear

Skye likes this.
  15. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Unless it’s Nommo. That sucker whales so hard, I’d bet every one of his Lucas’ and A. Rains is stacked with STMRs. In fact anyone who has 5 x 7 star Lucas is guaranteed to be able to gear 5 tanks extremely well just due to the amount of whaling it would take to get 10 copies of a recent time limited unit.

16. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    In terms of stats (high SPR, HP, resists), sure, whales have all those shiny STMRs.

But no matter how hard you whale you only have two death immune units (one can be half immune), and the best stop resistance you can add is +50% from Shiva.

17. daima

Dont worry for their stop résistance, edel stmr is coming.

Ferax likes this.
  18. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah that will be tough, arena trolls will go hard on that banner. ::sorry::

19. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

No doubt. That is the limit on death Resist and stop Resist. I actually swapped my A. Rain out for Kryla yesterday because it took me multiple turns to kill Nommo’s A. Rain and Lucas squad. I find them more annoying than his A. Rain Lilith team. I think it might be Lucas’ innate Mirage. I’m not sure why, but his A. Rain’s were totally covering when I used my triplecast Elena AR chains. I thought hybrid attacks counted as physical since only physical killers apply to hybrid, but they definitely got covered by A. Rain. At least now I can stop his whole team in case I don’t take them all down on turn 1.

Skye likes this.
  20. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Hybrid attacks count as both physical and magical attacks for purposes of covers. It's why magic tanks could cover Ardyn's hybrid attacks below 50% in the fight (and if 100% physical evasion, could evasion tank it even). Kind of sucks in arena, but hybrids seem to be the most common triple AR chains for it.

Ferax likes this.