1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

We really need some kind of guarantee for nv pulls

Discussion in 'General' started by YiTeng, Sep 15, 2020.

1. YiTeng

YiTeng New Member

Like I said,without any guarantee like step up/summon coins,nv pulls is really bullshit.I spent 15k lapis to get an aerith,and still get nothing.Yeah they did gave us overdrive tickets for doing the 10+1 summons,but this comes to another question:why is there only 50 fragments available for exchange?Like if you were to give me 30 for daily logins,you should give like 70 fragments on the shop to make it a total of 100 right?After i get 20 for ex+1,what am i gonna do with the remaining 30 fragments?not like converting units will get me 20fragments and i need another 30,they are completely useless.Fk me,fk gumi.

2. Prime2u

Prime2u Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    We’ll be able to farm fragments later, so they’ll come in handy then. While I agree that no safety net is bad news for some players, what you spent wouldn’t have triggered it anyway (they were usually at 25k). Rates will go up, safety nets will come back, and shards will be available. Just takes a little patience, and everyone seems to want instant maxed out new NV units Right Now, and for Cheap. This game has never worked that way with new tier offerings from what I gather.

3. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

I spend 50k lapis in NV Akstar banner and get Zero NV unit , no any Lasspuke also. 1.25% rate was like rainbow rate when the game release. There will be guarantee soon but not now , Gimu is not milking enough. I buy FOL yesterday, hope Gimu improve my luck for SL Elena pulls.

Backosteel and Bubu like this.
  4. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I spent 60k to get nothing. Plus tickets.

I agree it's very harsh, this is gumi's cash cow period because they can claim that NVs are not yet *needed* in the game beyond our Tifas, so they can publish NV units as luxury items, if you want one, be prepared to spend $$$$.

I was hoping for Aerith to come later (when they had to add guarantees), but I still tried getting her, knowing the effective rates are very poor.

Backosteel, Jianto and Bubu like this.
  5. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

With 15k lapis on guaranteed banner, you would have gotten nothing too.

And gumi gonna see the numbers about what's best for them. Is it better to give players a safety net so they feel more inclined to use and buy lapis ? Or is it better like this so that only a small portion of truly desperate people go deep to get what they want ?

First solution seems better as first glance to make profit and people get happy too.

But it also depends on the meta. If you powercreep fast, you dont care to give "easily" new units to the players. Two months later this unit gonna be useless and you just give enough lapis to give one guaranteed every two months. But if you give a A2, a XWQL, a OG Elena that gonna last for several months, better give a crappy banner with no guaranteed like black friday's one last year.

6. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    RCloud, RAerith, NV Lasswell, Tifa
    90k over two FF7 banners. Only three NVB units.

Two of them were from rare tickets.

Backosteel and keoten like this.
  7. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Unrelated but they sent out messages that in king moogs lost maps the Gil snappers will be five towers instead of one, well the fucking liars lied, it’s still one xD not five towers

Backosteel and Skye like this.
  8. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The wind blows, the sun shines, and rain falls. Things cannot ascend their nature.

Wdiggums likes this.
  9. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    No, it is not even close. The rates at the game release were 1%, including off-banners, and including non-5★ base. You had less than 0.5% to actually get a banner rainbow unit.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. keoten

keoten "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Coud, KM, GilWTV, evaGaluf, SSChar
    I thought the gil changes, including gil maps, would be starting after tomorrow's maintenence 09/17/2020

Qlitus, Cylian and Backosteel like this.
  11. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

They didnt say it was available right after the message on facebook.

And haters gonna hate. Without checking anything ofc.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    victor sant likes this.
  12. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Small precision:

"Haters who hate without checking anything ofc" will hate without checking anything ofc; "haters" will just hate.

:-P

Prime2u and TheKillingJoke like this.
  13. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

This is exactly why I will not spend any more money on FFBE until we get a safety net. The rates in this game are too awful to not have one, and the only way to vote is with your wallet. I don't mind spending money on something that I feel is worth it, but I need to feel like I get enough value for my money spent to justify the cost. Spending hundreds for just a chance at a unit I want is not worth it for me.

Cylian likes this.
  14. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    It is probably just me, but the new units released so far are all disappointing as well. Uninteresting units and no safety net combined makes pulling now very not appealing.

Cylian likes this.
  15. Prime2u

Prime2u Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Maybe that’s after maintenance?

16. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    They implied it was now lol

17. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    +1 to not pulling nowadays without a safety net.

Put it this way - Someone on reddit literally calculated the lapis cost and justifying buying those Overdrive bundles at 3k, twice, and then just exchanging for the shards you needed to make up the numbers proper. Plus, the 20 EX-NV tickets is like two 10 pulls. Such bundles are "worth it", and I bought them without hesitation.

Or even the 11 rainbows pull at 10k lapis a pop in the past. When pulling becomes not-worth-it, we or rather the company will try to siphon the lapis supply somehow. If it's a good deal, take the bait. If the pulls have no safety net at 1+%, just stop pulling with lapis altogether. Only way to hasten the arrival of the safety nets.

Also, remember, that Claric fellow didnt get his Fayt unit with 400,000 lapis. I repeat, 400,000 lapis. Stay disciplined, everyone~! ::bard::

Danziger, YiTeng and Skye like this.
  18. Pristan

Pristan Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Are smart-alecs going to smart or alec? I prefer smart, but I figure if I'm going to alec, I should figure out if I'm Guiness or Trebek...

I was *shocked* that I got my ChAerith to EX+1 so cheaply and was fully prepared to be nearly broke and kinda disappointed. But we've all be using these guys as friend units and so forth and honestly, none of them are something to write home about. At the end of this month, if you want to get *suuuper* amazing DV scores, you might wish you had one pair of each, but I sincerely doubt that you'll need more than Tifa and a little time if you want to finish the rounds to just "get the t-shirt."

But this is also coming from someone lucky enough to have a ChAerith, so please direct all salt here.

19. Griflet

Griflet Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh D.Laswell Barb Reberta Lilith
    x2

still no aerith u.u (ironically got rain out of a 5*/NV ticket from overdrive exchange with the tickets)

Skye likes this.
  20. Qlitus

Qlitus "Hall of Fame" Member

F2p here so far I have pulled nv cloud ×3 nv rain nv aerith×2 nv akstar. Spent a total of 25k lapis.
    Haters gonna hate that

ParadoxGamer likes this.