1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

What?! (a thread about blue magic, slight spoiler)

Discussion in 'General' started by Fabell, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    What's going on?

It's a datamine so it could be nothing, but in Krile's description it's listed:

5[​IMG] 80 [​IMG] Dualcast Cast 2 times: Any magic except blue magic

Anyone heard anything? All I knew is that Season 3 will have Fina picking up some abilities called "blue magic" as the season progresses, but they are mostly flavor as a way to build up her character.

But then this appears.

2. dazzky

dazzky Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    K.Fina, Regina, SSC
    As far as I think I know (maybe what I'll say is total bs but ._.)

But if i'm not mistaken, blue magic is magic you learn from monsters, so basically, you beat monster with X ability, and if you beat it, you can learn its ability(ies?)

Seven likes this.
  3. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    I believe what JP has is mini-trials to unlock blue magic abilities

Fabell and Tamamo05 like this.
  4. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Zeno, KM, Rerun, Circe, Gladio
    Sounds more like an actual FFV reference to me. This game is blue mages first appearance after all.

Tamamo05 likes this.
  5. Jatabo

Jatabo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Mediena, Zargabaath
  6. hotaru251

hotaru251 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I mean Khimari is basically a blue mage in FFX so i was sad when he didnt get blue magic :(

7. JimmyL

JimmyL Sleepless VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Double Zeno Double Sylvie
    Description for dual cast had been like that for months.

mcnoople and Tamamo05 like this.
  8. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    years actually.

Dudu and Raehan like this.
  9. Eredar

Eredar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bunny
    Ye blue magic is a thing on JP-side for a while now. Quina, Quistis and Kimari got extra trials during their Event to unlock those skills.

Dudu and Raehan like this.
  10. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B, Esther, Rena, Randi
    Quistis wasn't released yet. The blue mages are Quina, Khimari and S3 Fina.

SummonerBWM likes this.
  11. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, nope, sorry.

LM Fina's dualcast: 5[​IMG] 80 [​IMG] Dualcast Use magic twice in one turn

Regular dualcast materia: Dualcast [​IMG]

Statistics
    • Type: Special Ability (Active)
    • Effect:
    Use magic twice in one turn

Heck, even Krile's own dualcast ability: 4[​IMG] 60 [​IMG] Dualcast Use magic twice in one turn

I'm not sure which dualcast you guys were looking at, but it wasn't years ago. Do you remember seeing this particular description on a recent unit or something? I'd be curious to know who -- because that might mean when/if blue magic was released, maybe certain previously released units might be able to learn it.

12. Eredar

Eredar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bunny
    Really? Lucky me, didnt play for a while but had in mind, she was mentioned somewhere. so i assumed she was out already and i just missed her.
    But in gerenal the idea of blue magic was handled pretty well, i think...::rudecat10::

13. Dudu

Dudu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Ayaka, Wilhelm
    I do remember seeing a description about blue magics, actually. Literally years ago. And I think it was on dualcast.

14. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    That's because it has been in game for literally years. That is what has fueled lots of questions about blue magic. This thread and specifically post 11
    means I have to search for the ancient threads about it......
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/blue-magic.30181/
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/blue-magic.30721/
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/blue-magic-level.39433/
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/blue-magic.6081/

And there are many more because I know that I have responded to them in the past and I am NOT in any of the threads posted. The description has always included blue magic.

I found a thread about it from a year ago that I DID reply to. It is post #4. I said the same thing more than a year ago that the description had been there for quite a while. https://brave-exvius.com/threads/7-elza-was-planned-7-ck-ariana-was-not.40946/#post-960682

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  15. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    First of all, thanks for finding those threads.

I read through all those threads. Only the thread by @illy had any evidence of it being in the game (the description is from the Yensa Sandsea King Mog event -- as the Yensa Sandsea event, which the currency matches, has this as the description: [​IMG]Dualcast Materia Use magic twice in one turn [​IMG]12,000 -- so there is no mention of blue magic in the datamine/wiki description, making the captured image odd). Even the first version of the Yensa Sandsea event in the wiki doesn't have blue magic listed for dualcast (as mentioned in @illy's thread), meaning it wasn't edited out. Perhaps it somehow (crazily) was integrated into the in-game description but not into the code for that event? That seems very odd, but stranger things have happened (I guess?).

The other threads don't have any evidence listed for it being in-game, only that they "remembered seeing it somewhere". @A2k said that it was mentioned on a few units in 2017 (and then there is a muddled response from the rest which basically state it's not a thing), and @DeathShadow mentioned that Blue Magic had a sorting function back in 2018, although no units were mentioned (blue magic sorting is still in the game). And in the last thread, @Zdrerak mentioned that there was a blue icon, but @Demo clarified this as non-elemental magic, and the discussion ended there.

Don't bother checking all of the units who currently exist in the game who have dualcast, because I already have. ALL of them don't say anything about blue magic except for Warrior of Light Krile.

I am only bringing this up because she is now in-game, and her description of blue magic is STILL there on the wiki. I don't own her so I can't check her in-game description to see if it's still there.

16. Kiramon

Kiramon VIP VIP

That’s because it was removed... but yes, you’ll see weird sale descriptions -

But if you want further proof that this is nothing, the blue magic dot is available to see on every character in the game.

Quina was in the original screenshots of the game before she was removed, as well lol

oh, and you can see this at the mog minister literally right now

D01D47D0-8949-499D-8113-CE3BF7FDE7A3.jpeg

17. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    So 2 year old threads where players are saying the same thing that we are telling means nothing? That description isn't new at all. It has always been there.

Here you go. Now go to the corner and listen to your elders. The original WIKI version from October 10 2016 before countless revisions. It includes (drumroll please) Excluding blue magic.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Dualcast&direction=prev&oldid=24216

18. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ... there's no need to be so uncivil. This isn't a war, and I'm not trying to start a fight.

My point, which still stands, is that WoL Krile is the only evidence of blue magic currently the game that hasn't been removed yet. Maybe it will be removed, but if it isn't removed then it's not a bug and it does mean something.

That's all.

19. Kiramon

Kiramon VIP VIP

Literally see the screenshot above from
    The current moogle minister RIGHT now.

20. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I’m still not sure what you two are arguing about? In my original post I asked “what’s going on?” (Because it seemed more official this time around) and the general response was nothing, it’s just the same same.

I was only postulating that maybe they are moving forward with it because of Krile’s description still being in-game. If that’s wrong and the description ends up getting changed then fine.