1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

What Gear should I be focused on getting for team?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by hotaru251, Aug 13, 2019.

1. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    My primary team is Zeno, BSS, A.Rain, Aerith, and either Cilka/Fid. (Have Esther, but literally no gear for her or know what to even put on her)

manage party shows Power to be 47270.

I have crap for gear/abilities atm.

(even made a spreadsheet to show you my current state and what units/moogles i have available if needed. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wt0UhZvfwpjbnAjy6DnHCIOdnDVMQGjWnvL1rwqKImc/edit?usp=sharing)

I can do some 90 events easily enough, but when try some of the harder 90+ ones I am wrecked~

Some help and/or direction to go would be much appreciated :)

2. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    For any 7*, you want to have their own TMR (or STMR) equipped on them to take advantage of their "trust ability" they gain.
    Don't worry about that "power" rating. It is meaningless.
    Since you appear to be a new player, just continue doing the story and what events you CAN do. You will get gear and TMR's eventually but there is plenty of free gear from events that you can make use of until you start getting TMRs.
    Read this post by @Regalia https://brave-exvius.com/threads/things-new-players-should-know-immediately.48510/ and make sure you have the proper team composition before attempting trials/bosses/etc. A strong friend unit can carry you through a lot as well.
    And don't be afraid to ask for help here on the forum.

Regalia likes this.
  3. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    If you like spreadsheets, check out https://ffbeequip.com.

Don't worry about the power rating too much. It's horribly skewed toward HP, making a party of tanks the highest rating possible.

Difficulty rating is more useful, but still heavily flawed. One boss may hit a high number because of raw HP/ATK, another because of powerful elemental attacks, and still another because of preemptive MP drain. They all have different counters, and you may or may not be prepared for them.

In short, don't worry about the numbers except as a general guideline.

Masvroh likes this.
  4. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    90 - 120 difficulty can be one-shot'd if you have mediocre chainer but pairing a strong identical chainer from friends. Of course you still need supports to increase your damage. And you have Regina who literally can one shoot those contents of said difficulty on turn one. But you need to babysit her, mainly external imbue and Imperil.

Example team,
    BS Sakura (lightning imbue to Regina)
    Esther (provides 100% lightning imperil)
    Fid (just to debuff Enemy's stats, namely DEF)
    Regina (main damage as finisher)
    2x Zeno (main damage as chainer)
    It's your Zeno and friend's

Build,

https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#1bbae3d0-bdf9-11e9-9d66-5b7bd6bc7eb8

There, you may start to get those items listed in the build.

However, ~200 trial difficulty will require you to prepare in defensive instead. It's recommended to get defensive gears first in preparation for such trial. There are strong freebies defensive stats. Like Grand Helm+, Asfales, Impervious Shield, etc from trials. Some freebie like Adamantine from parameter mission. Then Genbu Ring recipe, a very strong defensive accuracy, from accomplishing a lot of missions. And do farm a lot of elemental resistance gears Melody of Life in preparation for Elemental Tetris trial.