1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

When Moons Collide (ft. LB dmg build CG Shantotto!)

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Sartre, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Sartre

Sartre "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nagi, Bonus, Shantotto, Tifa
    So this week was a little boring for me in the FFBE world. Sure we had IW, but I can only take seeing so many Atk 15% with 2x DEF boost Lv2/3 on my Asura Rod at lvl 10 before my sanity starts to crack (full disclosure I did finally get the rare on it today).

So in my little cracked out brain I decided it would be fun to throw moons at...well, the moon. After acquiring CG Shantotto I've been itching to use her. I realized that her LB actually deals a significant amount of damage, especially when maxed out. She comes with 50% LB dmg boost innately, and has a CD skill that adds another 70% on top of that for a few turns. So I slapped HoH and The Astrals protection on her (for another 80% passive LB dmg boost) and suddenly her LB becomes a 210x mod. Unfortunately, its non-elemental so it doesn't get any imperil boost, but it does take mag killers into account. When spark chaining (which is super easy to do with these CG LBs, no macros, no mag gestures, just good ol fashion quick thumbs!) it can do some serious damage!

Case in point. I wanted to take down Bloody Moon Kai using nothing but Shanty's LB. Luckily there are a couple of crazy folks here on the forum that were willing to oblige my silly request. Thanks @Wdiggums and @aa25 for lending me your Shantottos! You guys really do make dreams come true!

Below is the end result. This is the fourth attempt as I tried to figure out the best rotation and times to release the beast (hence why there is a gap between turn 5 and 11 as I simply wittled it down to 42% with single LBs). I found that Turn 11 is the best turn to burst it down from there. Doesn't quite kill it, no matter how many configurations I tried, but it went down the following turn (but only just barely! Thank the gods for Lenna's 200% mag boost CD)

Moon01.jpg Moon02a.jpg Moon02b.jpg Moon03.jpg Moon06.jpg Moon07.jpg Moon10.jpg Moon11.jpg Moon12.jpg Moon16.jpg

So, to sum up, using Shanty's LB is a ridiculously non-meta strategy for taking down Scorn of the Moon, but it was very, very enjoyable. If anyone else wants to try this, my build is in my Nem1 slot.

Xacques, Masvroh, iBuko and 5 others like this.
  2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I will leave mine up in Nemesis 1 a bit longer too.

Edit: She is with 12k HP, 700 SPR, 160% Fire+Light resistance, 100% LB dmg, Stardust Rod, and Leviathan. A little squishy, but I can't really think of a way to bulk her up with lower her LB dmg or elemental resistance.

Sartre likes this.
  3. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

This is probably my favorite thread I've read in this section, I'm not even a shantotto fan.

Nice job!!!

Sartre likes this.
  4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Congrats! That is a nice clear. Always love to see alternate strategy.

Sartre likes this.
  5. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    For some reason I just found it hilarious when I first saw your build. HoH and A Lion's Heart on a mage XD I'm seriously jealous of your Exquisite Hairpieces tho, that's the one thing I'm missing from my BiS Shanty build. If I had a moogle prism I'd get it. As for the squish factor on yours, it only became an issue on turns with 2x Glory of Evil (T5 and T10), but as long as I had a decent barrier up or guard she survived just fine.

Thank you! I honestly never played FFXI so I really don't have any connection to her either, but she's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters/units.

::up:: Couldn't have done it without ya!

aa25 and Khidir like this.
  6. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Paine, Edel, WLD Fina
    ...there's a joke in here. Something about a pressed ham? Two cheeks pressed against a glass window?

Some really weird tan lines, tho.

Sartre likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Edel/Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
    I see you've been moonlighting as a MOONiac... ;)

Sartre likes this.
  8. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, M.Edel, XWQL, A.Fry, O.Zyrus
    Very very nice clear. Well done

Skye and Sartre like this.
  9. Xacques

Xacques "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    this is like majoras mask but in reverse

Sartre likes this.
  10. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Or perhaps you could say I'm behaving like a LUNAtic?

I'll see myself out

Skye likes this.
  11. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Dead dps do no damage ;-)

12. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads: