1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Where Did The Doll Touch You

Discussion in 'General' started by Just Marty, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:

Well...

I hadn't INTENDED to try for this trial. I swear. A magic accessory that lowers a stat resist? El Oh El scrub, I pulled not one but FOUR Freyas and farmed her TMR with Raid moogles! You can't get me this time Gumi!

But you know, I figured hey why not try it right? I have 50 Energy (WIPE) to spare so I'll just try again (WIPE) right I went about it the wrong (WIPE) okaaaay energy refresh... (WIPE) right, let's try TWO tanks (WIPE) how the hell did this guide work again?! (WIPE).

You know what F*%& YOU DOLL! NO ONE GETS THE BETTER OF ME DA%$#T!

(WIPE)(WIPE)(WIPE)

Oh, CHEESE! Ahaa, you silly billy, I knew there was a reason I got Trance Terra fully (WIPE) enhanced with 1700 (WIPE) MAG. Let (WIPE) me (WIPE) JUST (WIPE) CHAAAAAIN!! (WIPE)

I can get through the first round of dolls with two eT. T. with the partner unit having above 1400 MAG, but that leaves me completely open to the boss after. I've been bringing Basch for AOE breaks, but I can replace it with good ol' M.Ramza or A.Rain if needed.

I've got the resources, I do, but the most prevalent strats revolve around cheese and for whatever reason I can't chain it well enough. (That's a lie the one time I got a 35 chain it only dropped that big P.O.S. 15%)

@120 fully kited out: Hyoh, T.T., Zarg, Eiko, Ayaka, M.Ramza, A.Rain, Rinoa.
    @110: Nyx, Beatrix, Marchenko, D.Fina.

You know this is purely for vanity, but let's help me help me be less of a bottom dweller here.

The Bad Touch Doll - 15
    Me - 0

Nouk, TheKillingJoke, Tedeza and 4 others like this.
  2. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    130ish
    Beatrix as breaker might make life easier?

3. Shr

Shr Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S2 Spooky VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I guess you die in the 2nd stage correct?
    You can try to forgo the other missions and just kill it fast. Or go the slow route, but it might be too hard for you depending on your equipment. Btw when I tried this I also used TT quadcasting on both stages too for extra dmg because Hyoh lb was getting a bit short.

Just Marty likes this.
  4. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:
    I've definitely got the gear. 1400 DEF or SPR on either tank with 15k HP, I can crank up Hyoh to 2300 with Agni equipped, or Terra to 1700. What's killing me is picking to either win the first fight with cheese and get to the boss by bringing in Terra, or leaving her behind, trying to do it with 2 Hyoh, 2 tanks, Zarg and Ayaka or Eiko and getting smoked about 10 turns in.

5. YannC

YannC VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    The doll works well with the crown hat though, which gives 100% confusion immunity so it cancels out the doll. You still need a ribbon anyway when there's a lot of status to worry about.

Re: the trial, first phase you need to try to burst down with aoe magic chainers, eTT is ideal but I managed with op friend barbie and my rem. Second phase you need a strong ST breaker, right now the strongest is Machina lb, I used KDelita lb. If you have machina at 6* I still recommend using him, plus he imperils. Bring a physical finisher to cap magic chains, so you can bring 2 mag chainer, 1 physical finisher, a healer, a tank and a breaker. I had Rem double as mag chainer+healer so I could bring a full support Zarg, plus KDelita as breaker, and a AOE tank, forgot if I brough ARain or Willy I think it might be ARain. Also gave KDelita Rikku pouch for some AOE breaking in first phase. But that is not as efficient as Lid for AOE breaking.

Shr likes this.
  6. fanya

fanya Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Adam Jensen
    A.Rain with single target provoke, high as possible spr because their single target attacks are magic attacks. I did it with a 6* rain so if you have a 7* you are $$
    evade physical cover tank (eM.Ramza)
    dual cast reraiser (Ayaka - keep reraise on a.rain, use Dedication as you can a because it will give LB crystals)
    breaker (Loren)
    physical dps (Adam)
    physical dps (Adam friend)

A.Rain is really the only required unit, the rest are fill in with what you have. 2x Hoyh should reck the trial.

First round is slow and make sure to keep reraise up on a.rain and whomever else you can.
    2nd round you'll one round.

That's how I did it anyway, although I didn't get the esper mission.

Shr likes this.
  7. Matri

Matri Active Member

I laughed man. Thank you so much. I tried it once bli(WIPE)ndly and it didnt end well.

Sarutobi and Just Marty like this.
  8. Pbot

Pbot Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I don’t think you fully understand the doll counter ability, and most likely, you are weakened by the counter and then killed by the regular attack. In second phase, doll counter with strong AOE magic attack if you deal any magic damage, including the Holy counter from Ring of Lucii. So in phase 2, you have to use physical attack only.

Read this to see how I beat the trial.
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/mad-doll-trial-altenative-strategy.42251/

9. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

I used 2 TT (mine and friend- GLS would substitute easily), breaker, buffer, Hyoh ~2k atk + a mediocre geared Reagan

The first phase is easy. Second will take a Lid break, a nice atk buff, and whatever imperil you can muster up but you can just OTKO that with Hyoh. You only miss out on the 10% moogle

10. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:
    What was the Raegan for?

11. Aliala

Aliala Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Malphasie <3 , Kurasame, and others
    Tbh, I'd forego Zarg and buffs for a dedicated breaker with the units you have. If you break at least 50% to atk/mag the second phase becomes significantly easier to survive in and you can play the long game from there. Your two TT's chaining with Hyoh should be more than enough damage to take it down in just a couple turns. Personally I felt like this is where Malphasie shined. Being hybrid she could dish out high damage in both (plus 74% def/spr breaks) and only have to worry about physical counters. That's the downfall of TT strategies if you aren't one shotting it.

12. Jackal90

Jackal90 I am, the M00gle l0rd. Valkyrie Æsir Spooky VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I used:

7* Rain- just built for spr and HP.
    7* Ace - gear didn't matter.
    7* trance terra - 1600 mag
    7* malphasie - doesn't matter about gear.
    6* Hyoh - 1500 atk fire element.
    7* Hyoh - 2000 atk fire element.

Phase 1: malphasie breaks, ace imperils, they go to town and kill all the mini dolls.

Phase 2: Ace kills himself to fill esper, trance revives him, rain covers, no one attacks, hyohs load up for triple cast.

Turn 2: break, imperil, rain drops esper, big chains.

3 turns total for this one and I didn't have a 7* Hyoh of my own.

Aslong as your rain takes a turn of hits then your golden.
    I don't have the best gear and he soaked it up just fine.

13. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    They changed that a whole while ago. The Holy counter from RoL doesn't count as magic anymore, but as ability :)

14. asm154

asm154 Ascended Member

Global ID:
  15. Sarutobi

Sarutobi Arena Runner-Up S1 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, Hyoh, Barbie, DH Tidus
    15X
    Chain with Hyoh + imperil.

I went with Ace, Raegen, Hyoh (225% demon killer), Trance Terra, and Heavenly Technician Lid with a friend Trance Terra.

Round 1 Ace commits suicide to fill esper gauge, Raegen or Hyoh uses phoenix down other summons esper, Lid breaks, TT melts.

Round 2 Ace imperils, Lid breaks, TTs get the chain started, Raegen and Hyoh finish the job.

16. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:
    1rst guy: "Hey man, I really need to change my tire but all I've got is this little crank lift it came with, any advice?"
    2nd guy: "Uh yea, I changed my tire last week using a hydraulic lift, made it super easy."
    1rst guy: "..."

If this offends you, then think about why that is. If you found that funny then you're awesome.

ANYWAYS,

My Little Doll, FROM HELL - 17
    Me - 0

Sarutobi and Shr like this.
  17. asm154

asm154 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    From the units you have listed, you’ve got a hydraulic lift. Use Hyoh instead of TT.

Part 1:
    - Provoke with A Rain. Build A Rain for high HP and spr.
    - Break atk/mag with Basch turn 1, then aoe physical cover (100% evade Basch)
    - Zarg as buffer + mitigation
    - Hyoh + friend Hyoh for dmg (make sure both have same element)

If you don’t have any Type-0 units like Rem for instant esper fill, can bring Eiko as healer + esper fill. Bring Crazy Day on Eiko for Part 2.

Make sure to dispelga the dolls when they buff themselves and reapply breaks (or give Zarg Bushido Freedom if he’s not too busy doing other things).

If for some reason you’re in a pickle and can’t dispel the dolls on a turn they are buffed, or reapply breaks, A Rain 90% mitigation skill will survive no problem.

Part 2:
    - break def/spr with Basch
    - some sort of imperil would be great here. Use Crazy Day if you don’t have anything better.
    - Zarg buff with cooldown or lb if it’s max leveled
    - chain Hyoh lb for otko

Most importantly, just relax. This trial is fairly straightforward. Forget the last 17 attempts and approach it as if you’re 0-0.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Just Marty likes this.
  18. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Maybe he doesn't have evade gear for 100% evade though. This way, this strategy probably won't work.

I don't think I can provide any help myself :( I only know how I finally made it, and this was heavily unit dependent.

Just Marty likes this.
  19. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:
    asm154 giving the real answers out here.

Also, this "From the units you have listed, you’ve got a hydraulic lift." Maybe I'm tired, or maybe it really was that hilarious because I laughed for a solid minute at that.

I'll give it a shot when I've got 150 energy, let you know by tomorrow.

20. Just Marty

Just Marty Member

Global ID:
    And I don't have 100% evade gear, but I'm going to HOPE that 1400 Def and 16k HP on Ramza will get him through it for physical damage. Maybe.