1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Which STMR(s) should I go for?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by DBeare, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DBeare

DBeare Ascended Member

I'm sitting on 2 5-star select summons, and I wanted to get some opinions on which STMR(s) I should go for next. Currently, I have the following STMR's:

Imperial Armor (Wilhelm)
    Magic Control Ring (Kunshira)
    Pure Lotus (LM Fina)
    Escutheon FFT (Ramza)
    Judge's Oath (Zargabaath)
    Original Arrival (Marie)
    Scanning Goggles (Aileen)

I have 50% STMR on the following units, and I'm considering using them to get 2 more STMR, but not sure what would be the most beneficial.

Knight's Medal (A. Rain)
    Onion Knight's Mission (OK)
    Twisted Hero (Seph)
    Truth Seeker (Elfreeda)
    Summer Whip (SB D. Fina)
    Shield of the Chosen King (Gladiolus)
    Rydia's Headband (PS Rydia)
    Omega Weapon FFXIII (Lightning)
    Lightlord's Armor (VoTL)
    Gengi Helm FFV (Gilgamesh)
    Force Mysterion (Lunera)
    Flamelord's Armor (VoTF)
    Dragoon's Wisdom (Reberta)
    Calming Garb (Lila)
    Booster Cactaur (Lulu)

I feel pretty strong in most aspects, mainly looking for good hybrid gear, but wanted to see what opinions are out there. I have quite a few other units that are at 0% STMR, but I think going for 2 would be the best utilization at this point, just curious what the community has for thoughts on which ones to go for.

2. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Two or twenty?
    ::thonk::

Seven likes this.
  3. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    Never use them for STMRs, period.
    They are a luxury and never needed. It is better to invest them for good units.

4. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Ascended Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    2B / Loren
    The above!

Even though I'm still having to try and be talked out of UOC'ing a healer for me alt lol ::joy::

5. Seven

Seven Basically Active Number Cruncher Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Don’t. But, your best upcoming STMRs are Knight’s Medal, Onion Knight’s Mission, Twisted Hero, Truth Seeker, Shield of the Chosen King, Lightlord’s Armor, Genji Helm, and Calming Garb.

Knight’s Medal, great in any regard, and the stats are usable for hybrids.

Onion Knight’s Mission has 80% ATK with a sword, which is extremely high, plus swords are common (especially amongst hybrids).

Twisted Hero is the same as Onion Knight’s Mission but for the slightly less common katana.

Truth Seeker is TDH with great survival stats, amazing for when you’re at the ATK% cap and just need to add TDH.

Shield of the Chosen King is amazing tank stats.

Lightlord’s Armor has some of the best stats for hybrids on armor, plus basically light immunity. That makes it a very versatile equipment option.

Genji Helm is amazing in every regard, with high stats, ailment resistance, and element resistance.

Calming Garb is really underrated but helps with cheesing so much (uncoverable damage or just leaked damage), and even has some offensive stats.

6. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    This, ofc up to the ticket holder, but when the hot meta unit comes out ( akstar cg Sabin etc etc etc etc ) you will have a shiny stmr and not the meta game breaking unit.

Seven likes this.
  7. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event
    Also if you want learn from my mistake( wasn’t joking for those that know xD) I had to have that summer whip... I uoced for 4th sbdf within a week I drew what would have been the 4th still grateful to have that whiparoni! But man those extra 10 uoc ticks would look even better now.

Attached Files:

Masvroh, Seven and Goddess Nyx like this.
  8. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Spooky Spooky Chocobro Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    bunny ears incoming
    Having 20 UoC tickets in reserve is better than any single piece of gear, in my opinion and experience.

Frosty Toast, Wdiggums and Seven like this.
  9. lupinorris

lupinorris Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    you can summon one 5* unit every 10 UOC tickets

10. DBeare

DBeare Ascended Member

Two, as I have 20 of the UOC tickets.

11. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    None of the damage gear is a long-lasting upgrade. The resist gear will be useful all the time.

I believe that STMRs can be worthwhile if they are twice as powerful as a TMR— they need to effectively grant you another gear slot—and you’ll use that STMR in encounters for the next year at a minimum (still ideal in JP). So no weapons usable on a small list of characters, no ATK% increases under 30%, no weird stats like jump damage, no items that won’t make a difference (if your tank lives easily, he doesn’t need a shiny new shield).

The only STMR you have that qualifies compared to BiS is A.Rain’s, and you simply may not need it. I’d hold on and save.