1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Who is Better than Sylvie? Here's why I'm looking for someone Better...

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by JouriSoujiro, Mar 26, 2020.

1. JouriSoujiro

JouriSoujiro Well-Known Member

Here's a couple of Photos I created to help explain my situation better...Starting from the Top left corner is my current team, I have both Lenna and Sylvie but I would like to try and invest in a Unit that can Heal really well like Lenna and cast my favorite abilities that Sylvie can do such as "Growing Offense (Which boosts your ATK, MAG , and LB guage) and Growing Defense (Which increases your Team's Health by giving you an Extra Health Blue Bar which is definitely my favorite I love to Spam alot). My other two favorite abilities that Sylvie has I spam alot too are "Protective Vines and Protective Pedals". Now the other photos you see are all of the Supporters and Healers I have period and I want to know if any of them are better than Sylvie and can cast abilities similar to her Growing Offense and Growing Defense AND can Heal the Party as well? That's what I'm trying to possibly replace Lenna and Sylvie for...*Note= I now have Two Omniprisms just in case anyone is wondering but I'm thinking of saving them for Easter coming up...*
    [​IMG]

2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Before jumping into the answer, typically, healing and buffing abilities belong to two different unit roles. Generically speaking, it is uncommon for a unit to be able to do both. A few units who can do both are generally regarded as high-tier unit (may not be top, but up there).

To my knowledge, I cannot think of anyone who can provide ATK/MAG buff (although, the more important ones are DEF/SPR), HP Barrier, PHY/MAG dmg mitigation, and strong healing capabitliy. You will likely have to split these tasks among two units.

From your roster,
    Healer:
    LM,Fina can heal and give stats buffs (120%, at the same as Sylvie's)
    Folk can heal can give very strong HP barrier (2000 HP. Sylvie's is 1000 HP) (Her dmg mitigation abilities do not have 100% up time)
    Buffer:
    N.Hope can give stats buff (slightly stronger than Sylvie), HP barrier (same as sylvie), and LB fill rate buff.
    S.Nichol can give stats buff, HP barrier, LB fill rate buff, and PHY/MAG dmg mitigation (He doesn't have Dualcast, he will be very slow though).

Masvroh, Seven, Regalia and 2 others like this.
  3. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Actually, another possible way way is split, say, buffing tasks among 3-4 units. So your team will be like, for example, healer (full-time), tank#1 (who can also do some buffing), tank#2 (who can also do some buffing), breaker (who can also do some buffing), and 2x dmg dealer. Or something along this line (you can do 2x healer instead of 2x tank, etc.)

Seven, Eynskaet and JouriSoujiro like this.
  4. Haou

Haou Ascended Member

Leads:
    XWQL BHZQ Chow Kryla Lucius aOlive
    "Who is better than Sylvie?"

It's obviously enhanced Sylvie with Latent Abilities ::rudecat10::

5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    You know, there are units who are worse than original if enhance a wrong ability.

Mystea is one... Magic Barrier+2...
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mystea

Seven likes this.
  6. Kurogane

Kurogane Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    WoL Lenna is already a near perfect healer imo, the only upgrade possible would be Doctor Aiden but I don't see him in your roster. D.Aiden probably wouldn't be able to replace both Lenna and Sylvie like you want anyway, too many roles to cover for a single unit.

Seven likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Edel/Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
    Well it's a choice whether to awaken each ability. I left Magic Barrier as it was, though even the unawakened ability is a liability.

The same thing with Machina's chain cap boost. I left the ability at SPR +30%, because I care more about his survivability, than about his damage.

Seven, Regalia and aa25 like this.
  8. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    why havent you got Onion Knight Refia STMR yet tho...? If you are really in need, the only unit close to being able to drop Sylvie off would be Ignis. You would have to buy his UoC, then do his ability awakenings also, if you can afford all of that. Otherwise I dont see any more Jack-of-all-trades support units in your roster. You arent using a tank which means you probably havent tried any of the really tough challenges yet also. That is hella dangerous for newer bosses.

JouriSoujiro likes this.
  9. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Myra
    She is the only one that can cover those support roles while healing.

She can buff starting at 100% and going up to a sustainable 140%.
    She have spammable small barrier (1000) and more two sources of barriers (her auto revive CD and Outro)
    She have buffs for break immunity and immunity to debilitating ailments (sleep, confuse, paralyze, stone)

She is kinda hard to manage, even though she has w-cast, one of the actions are mostly reserved for her songs.

Anyway, you should totally change how you build your teams.
    Your damage dealers have no synergy at all, and having 3 without any tanks or breakers?

Seven, Regalia, JouriSoujiro and 2 others like this.
  10. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Edel/Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
    As much as I like Myra, I don't think OP has her. She has Aerith who is closer (buffs, mitigations, lots of barriers, delayed heals), but still would need to UoC her prism.

Folka has a fairly support-y kit, she could be considered to be between Lenna and Sylvie, but most people consider Lenna to be an upgraded version of Folka.

Seven likes this.
  11. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

If you wait for easter slyvie will get improvements and become the best buffer unit again overtaking lunafreya ::up::

Seven likes this.
  12. JouriSoujiro

For everybody, These are my Tanks (Physical and Magic) and Breakers, Who are the best Tanks and Breakers? Also another thing, When Tanks counterattack, Could you raise their ATK so they can do more damage or are their only purpose is to block damage? Would it be a waste of Pots to increase a Physical Tank's ATK?
    [​IMG]

13. JouriSoujiro

BigNBald5 Here are my Tanks and Breakers Bro

BigNBald5 and Seven like this.
  14. JouriSoujiro

Lastly, I have two Legendary Weapon Bosses left to Defeat but they are giving me a VERY hard time. Do I need Breakers for these Two Bosses? I've come close at times to defeating them but I always ended up getting killed in Cheap ways involving Rageful Physical Hits from the Boss and killing my Tanks fast or casting some Cheap Magic that does Non-Elemental Damage and killing my team fast...Any advice based on the Tanks and Breakers I have?
    [​IMG]

Seven likes this.
  15. Qlitus

Qlitus Ascended Member

Breakers are one of the more important parts of your team. I use edgar but I see you have rikku

Seven, Regalia and JouriSoujiro like this.
  16. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Paine, Edel, WLD Fina
    ...I got to say, seeing all those unfused 5* units makes my brain itch something fierce.

17. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Paine, Edel, WLD Fina
    Yeah, your team really needs work.

Standard set up is Tank, Breaker, Buffer, Healer, Damage Dealer, Guest Damage Dealer.

Your best bet for Tanks right now are Awakened Rain for magic cover, and either Basch or Gladiolus for physical cover. If you pull a second Sieghard, WoD Galuf, or SS Charlotte, use them instead.

No, enhancing ATK for tanks is not worth it. The counter attack will never deal enough damage to be worthwhile, it's use is in generating LB stones and that doesn't need ATK anyway.

As for buffers, those really need to be at 7* to compete with 7* Sylvie. However, like a lot of others have said, you can split the duties. SS Charlotte has DEF/SPR buffs and both general & magic mitigation, most damage dealers have their own ATK/MAG buffs, Lenna has some SPR buffs, Folka has some mitigations and MP restore... most things can be farmed out with some forethought, but element shenanigans are generally the one thing you still need a dedicated buffer for. Resists and imbues, specifically.

Ignis is good for that, as he has 80% all element resists, mitigation, and 3 elemental imbues. N Hope can do a similar resist spread while also offering breaks and stat buffs, barriers, thunder imbue, and some chaining. Lunafreya has stat buffs, hp/mp regen, magic mitigation, revive, LB fill/fillrate, and a turn 1 120% aoe water imperil and imbue. They get even better if you can 7* them.

18. JouriSoujiro

Yes, I have Seighard at 7 Star and I can easily do the same to Charlotte. Also, Who is the Best Breaker for me to Invest in right now that I have access to?

Seven likes this.
  19. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Paine, Edel, WLD Fina
    Rikku (FFX-2). Hands down.

King Edgar can get good if he's 7* and well equipped, but Rikku has amazing aoe breaks right out of the box, even as a 6*.

Seven and JouriSoujiro like this.
  20. JouriSoujiro

Cool, Now lastly, Which of Rikku's stats should I focus on using Doors and Pots for? Cause I don't wanna waste them on Unnecessary stuff

Seven likes this.