1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Who to awaken to 6* next? Aileen, Fryevia or someone else?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by shima, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:

Who to awaken next?

1. Aileen

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Ashe

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Aura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Elfreeda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fryevia

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  6. Gladiolus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Knight Delita

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Reberta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Zargabaath

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shima

shima Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine, Roy, Rikku, WoL, FV, Olive
    Alright so I have these guys of note at 6* already (I removed some I don't care about from the list):
    • Christine
    • Duke
    • Lightning
    • Luka
    • Mystea
    • Olive
    • Rikku
    • Roy
    • Veritas of the Flame
    • Warrior of Light
    • William
    These are my 5* who could be awakened next, bolding the ones I'm actually considering, and again removed some who are 5* but I have no plans to turn 6* ;)
    • Aileen
    • Ashe
    • Aura
    • Elfreeda
    • Fryevia
    • Gladiolus
    • Knight Delita
    • Reberta
    • Zargabaath
    I've been leaning towards Fryevia since I have Christine and in theory they chain nicely for a few techniques according to https://ffbe-chain.com/chain. I lack a properly decent physical chainer though, so Aileen has entered my considerations as well, I picked up Christine and Aileen on the same day. (I have Agrias, but awakening her darn Divine Ruination is really expensive to find those last few items! So far I've gotten her knighthood +1 and full break +2).

Thoughts?

2. nocturn

nocturn Ascended Member

Depends
    What trial have ya done?

3. Reiho

Reiho Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Different hybrids/mages
    I don't see a reason why you would want to enhance Agrias. Aileen is way better than Agrias and her enhancements are also available soon.
    If you lack any other tank awaken Gladiolus. He ain't the best but gets the job done.

4. shima

shima Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WoL and Mystea do pretty well for me tank wise, so haven't really been looking for another tank at this moment.

Aileen over Fryevia? Better to focus on physical chainer than a magic chaining buddy at this point you think?

Edit - btw I had only been enhancing Agrias because until recently I didn't have Aileen as an alternate option. I pulled her on the last day of the Christine banner w/ a 5k lapis pull of beautiful luck, lol.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. theJanne

theJanne GIF Maker VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fry, OK, Yun, Tidus, Olive
    I'd say Fryevia. She has served me well from the first day I got her.
    She is TMR heavy tho, but she still deals a lot of damage

6. Reiho

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Different hybrids/mages
    No. But you have Christine. Who chains with a copy and Tranceterra and is MILES better than Fryevia.

7. Bitzpleze

Bitzpleze Mad Sciontist VIP

My order of Awakening would be this:

Aileen
    Gladiolus
    Fryevia
    Zargabaath
    Reberta
    Knight Delita
    Elfreeda

8. Reiho

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Different hybrids/mages
    I'd say noone needs Elfreeda or K Delita.. They're just plainly trash. Great TMR fodder, but absolutley unusable as units. And there's no reason to awaken a tank that's worse than what you have either.

9. Bitzpleze

I still leveled units that didn't have any direct use. I've cleared all hard content with Gladiolus. When you use him right, he can ST mitigate nearly just as well as Wilhelm. Wilhelm does other things though.

Gladiolus has a decent AoE cover move and a niche ST cover move. Of you need breaks, WoL is hard to replace, of course.

Just because a unit "isn't as good" as something you have, doesn't mean it will be bad to level them. Look at expeditions.

10. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    Barusanator
    Aileen, Zarga and Fry.

11. shima

shima Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    To be clear, I don't have Wilhelm, I have William (mage). My current 6* tanks are WoL for physical and Mystea for magic.

So far looks like I'm seeing 4 votes Aileen first 1 vote Fryevia.

Guess I'll use my current mats and waken Aileen. Won't have enough for a second char awakening at this point, so I'll let you all continue debating who should go next after that ;)

12. Bitzpleze

I understand. Someone else said that yu have a better tank than Gladiolus. I was just being deliberate in saying that Gladiolus is not a worse tank than WoL. They simply do different things.

13. Reizen

Reizen The Hunter VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Events units
    I'd go with Aileen, because we might get her enhancements next week, and you have Christine which is a good mage chainer and can chain with eTT.

14. shima

shima Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Maybe they're comparing to the fact that WoL makes both F2P and P2P top lists here but Gladiolus doesn't? Not much experience using Glad so I can't say what their logic was.
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/memel0rds-unit-rankings.15685/

15. Reiho

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Different hybrids/mages
    Gladiolus tries to be an offense tank, wich doesn't really work (+ eDemon Rain is outperforming him by a ton). Every other tank has supportive aspects too (WoLs breaks, EV's AoE damage mitigation, Charlotte's AoE Refresh and Wilhelm's amazing buffs) and Gladio doesn't.

16. Bitzpleze

No question, enhanced Warrior of Light beats Gladiolus in terms of physical tanking. The only thing Gladiolus has is a ST all damage cover.

This is only better than Wilhelm in a small number of circumstances. So Gladiolus is rated worse for a reason. That doesn't mean that Gladiolus doesn't have uses or will not be useful to have leveled.

fletcha likes this.
  17. Pavan

Pavan Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, E.DFina ,E.TT,Loren,Fryevia
    As i see your team comp as of now will be Wol, Christine, Luka ,Roy, and one spot left.
    1.If you want to maximize damage Fryevia fits in very well. Because Fryevia can easily lower Ice resistance. Christine chains with your friend of course will destroy the enemy.
    2.If enemy is Ice resistance then u will run into a problem where Aileen fits in perfectly.
    3.Also Duke comes with his own ice imperil if u need it.
    I guess Aileen adds new dimension to your DPS plus she is very easy to build.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  18. Pyrebrand

Pyrebrand Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I'm going to sat Fry first, Ashe second and Aileen third. Ashe is an arena beast and has some nice utility. I used her for quite a while before I had better chainers.

19. shima

shima Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Added a poll since I haven't yet been able to pull the trigger on Aileen since my silly self sent her on a long expedition last night, lol, but she should be back in a few more hours. Right now if I can count though I'm seeing about 4 votes for Aileen 1st and 3 for Fryevia first.

My immediate goal is maximum damage for my group to be able to start doing the harder content successfully (bahamut, trials, etc) Long term I'll get both Aileen/Fry and more awakened, but at the moment only have enough mats for 1 x 6* awakening right now (thank you story event for the recent mats haha)