1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Why did no one tell me this!!! FFBE tips.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sexwulf, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sexwulf

Sexwulf Ascended Member

#1 - Did you know you can sort your companion list?
    King Mog Raid with bonus units from Final Fantasy X? Select FFX and see only bonus units.
    Need Fire elemental companion to chain your fire team with? Filter only units with fire weapons.
    Boss cast paralyze and don't wanna constantly heal your companion? Filter only resistant allies.
    And so much more.
    Man I wish I found this earlier

[​IMG]

#2 - How to practice with a companion unit?
    The test dummy is a fantastic tool but if you really want to work the kinks out of your team before tacking a trial nothing beats The Room of Recollection in the far planes. Here you can re-fight many boss battles from the story for free. Best part is you can take a companion with you.
    Pick a companion and refine your team synergy. Perfect your rotation. Get familiar with the skills.
    Best part is these battles do not reshuffle your companions list so you can use the same companion over and over or try out different companions.
    When you are ready take that companion that worked the best into the trial. This can be a real nrg saver as trials can be an expensive place to "try out a new team comp"

[​IMG]

#3 - Did you know you can scroll though the gear of your companions?
    Back to the companion list. Perhaps setting filters is too cumbersome or you are looking for something very specific.
    Press and hold on the sprite of your companion to access the details. From here you can swipe back and forth to find the perfect unit. Once you find the one you like make note of something memorable (like the exact health points).
    Exit the detail view and select that unit. (note this only works for companions currently

[​IMG]

#4 - Soft Reset
    Lots won't like that I mention this but I would be remiss if I didnt mention it. Did you know that if you accidentally do an action or the action doesn't work out the way you want it to in a fight you can get a "Do Over"? Well you can. As long as your units have not all completed their action action animation you can close the app, close it out of the background, and do that round again.
    I strongly recommend this for situations like when you misclick on an unit or use the wrong action.
    Using it to try and perfect an esper kill or maximize damage by perfecting a chain or seeking a more favorable random effect or modifier is considered an exploit by many and borderline cheating so I leave that to you and your own scruples.

NOTE #1: You can no longer use this method to reset the enemy's attack or RNG. Enemies will attack the same target for the same damage every time no mater how many resets you do.
    NOTE #2: If you switch devices while doing this you will be kicked out of the fight. NRG lost
    NOTE #3: This does not work on the Maze Events (been a while since we have had one of those huh?) If you use this to try and cheat the maze you will be kicked out of the maze, no reward, NRG lost.
    [​IMG]

#5 - Did you know not to sell those high end raid moogles just because you didnt get the unit?
    JP got an update to the arena where they give a special kind of moogle every 3rd week. This moogle will let you fuse ANY raid specific moogle into it and boom - you get that TMR. Even if you never had that unit. With how valuable some of these Raid abilities are (looking at you Tomb Raider) you will want to hold onto those little beasties.
    [​IMG]

#6 - Esper stats and damage.
    Did you know that the damage an esper does is based on its attack, defense, magic, and spirit? The type of damage the esper does determines which stat is mort important for the damage equation.
    Physical based espers get double benefit from Defense and Attack and only a standard boost from magic and spirit.
    Magical based espers get double benefit from Spirit and Magic but only a standard boost from attack and defense.
    Health and MP have no impact at all on the damage equation.
    This boost does not seem like a lot but on Bahamut and Leviathian it can add up especially when taking an evoker with you. Something to consider when going for those esper kills.
    [​IMG]

#7 - Did you know Espers get the benefit of Imperil?
    Tidus adds a 100% water imperil with his LB. This will make Leviathian esper do nearly double the damage of Bahamut. In fact any imperil or natural weakness lowering the targets water resistance to -30% or more will result in a max 2*Leviathian doing more damage than a max level Bahamut.
    [​IMG]

#8 - Gil Farming
    Units that boost Gil do not stack. However Steal does stack with Gil Booster. It is possible to steal double the normal amount of Gil from a mission (Xon is a real hero here). Add to that the 100% boost from a gil boosting unit and you get 4x Gil from every mission.
    To put this into perspective - Take the 20 minutes or so to complete every fight in the exploration Gronoa Shrine Entrance and you will net a little over 52,000 gil per 11nrg run!
    That sure beats dropping 100 lapis on a crappy 50k gil bundle. (please never buy that bundle).
    I picked Gronoa Shrine Entrance because of its long hallways making it easy to run back and forth with a swipe and also because the boss can be 1-shotted with a raise spell or phoenix down making it extremely easy for new players to farm for profit, experience, and rank)
    [​IMG]

#9 - Speaking of swiping ....
    I thought everyone knew this one but just in case...did you know that you don't have to keep tapping or even keep your finger on the phone. If you are in an exploration you can swipe in a direction and your sprite will keep running until it hits an obstacle.
    ::run::

#10 - Killer Resources maybe no one told you about!
    Resources come and go and I will add to this list for sure.
    Click here for a sweet unit calculator that lets you save your gear to help you make your team the best it can be.
    Click here for a sweet list of what units chain well with other units.
    Click here for a sweet calculator will help you maximize and time your chains.

Click here for a sweet list of what units have what killers, boost gil, increase drop rates, and more

Click here for a sweet list of equipment in Global and JP sorted by type with stats.
    Click here for a sweet list of abilities (materia) in Global and JP sorted by type with stats.
    Click here for a the wiki with a sweet list of ... pretty much everything.
    Click here and join chat for help, questions, sharing salt, and community

#11 - Name Changes.
    Tired of being called Rain? Did you know you can change your name once every 2 weeks? Here is how. Upper right corner click on Menu. Select Player Info. Select Rename.
    WARNING: Names can only be 8 digits. If your device lets you type a longer name it will delete any digits after 8. If you choose the name MrHumperdink your name will be shortened to MrHumper

[​IMG]

#12 - Set Your Lead
    Did you know you can set which unit you want to be the team you use in the Colosseum and what team you to have the leader be your companion unit?Here is how.
    Click on Menu again but this time go to "Options"
    Scroll down and select a team for "Companion" and/or "Colosseum"
    Also on this menu you will have the ability to turn on/off Auto LB (LB uses as soon as bar is full when clicking "Auto" and other nice features.

[​IMG]

#13 - Man I wish I knew.....
    Ever wonder how long you have been playing? Or what your biggest chain is? Or how many times you have won in the arena? Check this nifty semi-hidden feature:
    Click on Menu. Now click on Trophies and in the upper corner click on Records. Lots of cool data lies within.
    While you are here check the trophies. You may be closer than you realize to thousands of lapis locked behind some easy to obtain trophies.

[​IMG]

#14 - Get your craft on!
    What to craft an item but you ware missing a material? Don't know where to farm it?
    You could consult the wiki but ain't nobody got time for that.
    The game now tells you where you can find those much needed items.
    Click on crafting - select the item you want to craft (may need to adjust the filter) - click one the missing item - click on "locations" and head on out to farm the missing items.

[​IMG]

#15 - Did you know you can target your own units?
    Credit to @CharAZN for reminding me of this one
    This may seem crazy but but allows you to use abilities like dispel to cure stop or kill that confused member before he slaughters your own party.
    Press and hold on your sprites to so this. Watch also how I switch inits in order to use Dual Cast to dispel more than one target.
    Also notice how you can use healing spells and even Raise spells/items to harm the undead.
    This is all a little tough to explain - just watch the spoiler gif.

First I will first have one party member slaughter another in an unexpected act of tragic betrayal.
    Then I will show you how to get around the "cant cast dispel on a party member" issue using dual cast
    (Ps this trick also works to target two different enemy with dual cast dispel)
    and then finally I will show how to use healing magic or items to on an enemy. (PS this harms and often kills the undead)

Possible applications include using bushido freedom, fingersnap, or dispel to cure stop and charm.
    Killing a party member who has an ailment you cant cure but you can raise them.
    And even some exotic strategies like the Ozack stone cheese strategy.

[​IMG]

#16 - Megacyte unloading

Did you know you can spam megacytes into the epsers by holding the button?
    Well.... you can.
    Check the spoiler to see it in action.

[​IMG]

I sincerely hope this list helps some of you out.
    I may add to it as I think of more. These were just the ones that jumped into mind.
    Feel free to offer recommendations.

Maybe I will add your ideas to the list (with credits of course).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Antioch, Jermayan, Arkadi and 130 others like this.
  2. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat
  3. Fluke

Fluke Member

thats extremely helpful for newbies like me.

thanks!

Sexwulf likes this.
  4. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

nice tips and trick for many...! ::=3::

Sexwulf likes this.
  5. Mercy

Mercy Done with forums VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

I guess some people didn't know this stuff was around lol. Still, good at least to make it public for others.

6. YannC

YannC VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    This needs to be pinned!

Tamamo05, Nouk, Xander and 2 others like this.
  7. MikePro

MikePro Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine Barbie
    Pro
    Sexy op good job!

Sexwulf likes this.
  8. Demo

Demo Power! Unlimited power! VIP

Leads:
    TDH Tidus
    That's quite a nice collection of tips.

Sidean and Sexwulf like this.
  9. spada

spada "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia DV LMSakura Emperor DWTidus
    Wow... knew some of them but not most, great bits of info. Thanks!

Sexwulf likes this.
  10. mamaktang

mamaktang Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine, eFry,Ang
    best post of the year! ::up::

11. Rynal

Rynal CG Charlotte plzzz VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chow
    I felt dumb for a moment there..

12. Doomsday

Doomsday Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Great post. It will help if folks will read it.

Sexwulf likes this.
  13. -Mavrick-

-Mavrick- Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Any upon request
    I use the room of recollection alot. No nrg usage and can bring friend unit to test damage potential. Definitely recommend for those who like too test units and try dirrent team composition.

Sexwulf likes this.
  14. leemanho

leemanho Religiously F2P VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    Great tips! Never thought of the room of recollection

15. Scorpio

Scorpio "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

It's only 11 NRG.

16. spada

spada "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia DV LMSakura Emperor DWTidus
    A question about #5, i'm assuming the raid moogle has to be at 100% for the fusion with that arena moogle to work, right?

17. Poots

Poots "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eYun, eTidus, eTT, eLando
    When it comes to sorting companions, there's a thing I like to do...
    Filters are your friend. If you're using Orlandeau for a raid, and are also trust farming using an emulator, set your emulator to filter in characters from every game EXCEPT FFT - your macro will use all the other units, saving you Lando friends for your on-phone raiding. Obviously, you can do this with any unit - just select all but the one game your character of choice is from

Zilch and fletcha like this.
  18. CharAZN

CharAZN Comedic Relief VIP

Did you know you can target your own units?

AoE breaks are horrible. And some bosses like the Glacial LOVES to slap you with an ice element so that your physical dps does no damage to it. So here's when attacking your own units come into play! Tap and hold onto the unit you want to target on the battle screen. A popup should appear telling you the unit's buffs/debuffs etc. At the top right there will be a target option. Tap that and presto! Said unit will eat that attack! So, give your tank Bushido-freedom, target anyone in your team and say bye bye to debuffs!

Xander and Sexwulf like this.
  19. nxnco

nxnco "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sexy Fina :3
    I need more info on #5 o_O

20. Sexwulf

Sexwulf Ascended Member

UPDATE: Added 4 more tips.
    #11 - Name Changes
    #12 - Set Your Lead
    #13 - Man I wish I knew.....
    #14 - Get your craft on!
    #15 - Did you know you can target your own units?

Enjoy

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018