1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Wish List: Defeat Antenolla

Discussion in 'General' started by Raine, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Raine

Raine Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    I am trying to defeat Antenolla.
    Is it necessary to have Cecil for the battle? My Cecil is still in training (leveling up limit break) and not full out maxed (still 4*).
    My team is CoD, ExDeath, Refia, Bartz and Faris. I bring Faris for full break and focus but Faris is really squishy. She died a lot of times during battle with big bosses after full breaking the first time (i.e. recently against Dark Fina). Is it better to bring WoL? I am trying to level the guy as fast as possible (now 70/80). I have no trust master, just regular game gears. All the YouTube guides used Cecil and I want to know if it is possible to defeat Antenolla without Cecil. I will bring Noctis as companion. I really want to get thorned mace for CoD :D
    Thanks for any advice.

2. Jokaa

Jokaa Ascended Member

All you need is an op friend, you got refia, cod and exdeath should be alright.
    My clearing team:
    Charlotte, Bartz, Agrias, ExDeath, Tilith
    with a 6xx atk gilgamesh friend
    Equip muscle belt for the 5* characters if they are too squishy

3. Baboo22

Baboo22 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I have the exact team and the same problems. Faris dies quick with refia very close behind. Just pulled cecil yesterday, so will try again when i get him leveled.
    My strongest friend is a 680 noctis and i use warp break. His flask attacks are element based and not so good for this battle (i think)

I guess i have no advice, just letting you know you're not the only one. Haha

4. Sparkle

Sparkle VIP VIP

Well equipped solid max level 6 stars + Dark Fina helper should do it.

5. Vulgar

Vulgar Ascended Member

Global ID:
    921 482 061
    You shouldn't "NEED" Cecil, but take it from me if you are waiting to max out his Limit Break before evolving them each time then it's going take you months. I had multiple Cecils, one I maxed out right away and used all the time, and I kept one at 3 star and capped out LB at every evolution stage. Currently he's level 22/25 with LB now.

Aside from that, if you are using enough HP+ gear, and utilizing provoke when you can... then WOL should still work for you. But you actually need a tank for this, the thing attacks way too much not to bring a tank. You need someone to soak up all those hits, and if you equip him with Cura he can provide some off-heals as well. Watch this video, this guy usually brings really basic units and gets the job done with meticulous attention to detail.

Raine likes this.
  6. Vulgar

Vulgar Ascended Member

Global ID:
    921 482 061
    Personally I did this fight with COD, Refia, Cecil, WOL, and Lightning with Luneth friend. As long as you kill the vines from top to bottom before the main body you should be fine.

Raine likes this.
  7. RudyLin

RudyLin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2
    If I remember correctly, Noctic Fire Flask works wonder in this fight. Even though Antenolla has fire resistance, the status effects still inflicted.
    Killing the parts in order is a must, or you'll end up miserably. ::ink::

Baboo22 likes this.
  8. TruAlucard

TruAlucard VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Bartz isnt good for this battle as his damage output is too low...also Exdeath can be a problem cause of aoe attacks and if the flower dies first ur screwed.. cecil helps alot..alot...but only if u have grand helm or he dies too cause of his healing ability kind of a must unless refia has dual cast...i can lend a luneth, Cecil, or noctis to help out but odds r u need ur own cecil maxed first plus a friend...chat me up if u wanna try

9. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Lufia homer VIP Supporter

I too got my cecil to 20/25 before finally awakening him a few weeks ago. I did this boss with CoD and she was the biggest factor. Her aura ball made all the difference in the world.

10. SuRfY

SuRfY Former CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    IMG_1183.jpg
    The team I used to beat Antenolla. Don't have the luxury of having a CoD or Refia but doable.

11. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Yes but u have a 2nd healer in cecil, also lightning, chiz,and friend gilgamesh. .ur softest unit is lena...Madamel has all squish pretty much

12. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    Because we have no idea what other units you have in order to suggest a team for you. LOL

13. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Not for me..Madamel the one who started thread and units are listed in first post

14. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    Quote the wrong person. lol

15. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Lol...anyway ur cecil looks pretty beefy...congrats on beating the crazy flower

16. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    From which angle is him beefy? lol

17. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    You:Thank you for congratulating me.
    Me: Your very welcome.
    You: Yes i worked very hard on him and without him im not sure i would have won.
    Me: Same here but were not here to talk about our accomplishments. We are here to help the ppl tht cant beat the flower.
    You: Your very right maybe i should offer my assistance like you did Alucard instead of showing units ppl dont have and cleary need help.
    Me: Thats a very good idea

18. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    Precisely. Maybe he overlooked some units that might help him since he only state his main team. I am just showing a certain combination that will work. lol. Maybe he have a charlotte or someone....

19. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Ok gotcha...i was only saying his dps is gooey and needs a helping hand and for him to level tht cecil he has ..i even offered my cecil, luneth, noctis even tho not the greatest around by far but easily doable. ..thts y i complemented ur cecil cause it was way better than mine when i beat it and i had to go get grand helm first so he wouldn't get ran over...

20. SuRfY

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    9S Maxed LB with Pod 153
    Oh i see. I interpreted it the other way since most Cecils out there have like 7k hp and mine is only like 6k....lol...misunderstanding cleared!