1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

With the latest update, can my team win the Dark of Beasts?

Discussion in 'General' started by ELDEN, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ELDEN

ELDEN Ascended Member

My Team: Tilith 6*(3.9hp & 480mp), Minfillia 6*(4.3k hp), Cecil 6*(7k hp), Cerius 6*(4.5k up)(w/barwatera), Y'shola(4.5k hp)(w/dispel).
    Friend: Orlandeau 6* (850atk)

-Without Black Bandana, Bushido-Freedom, Dark Resistance +15%.
    - With Siren 1star

Can my team win this trial as I lost for so many time already(sad)? Any advice will be much appreciated!

2. ZiiVii

ZiiVii VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1110 Olive or Event Unit
    Drop cerius... Tilith has rainbow veil. Add a dps.

darkefreet likes this.
  3. ELDEN

ELDEN Ascended Member

How about chizuru?

But I thought Cerius elemental resistance is more higher?

4. Wlshman

Wlshman Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Karl/Karl
    83/53
    Kinda squishy, who else you got?

5. ZiiVii

ZiiVii VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1110 Olive or Event Unit
    Hmmm... I dunno if I like chiz for this. She's fine if that's all you have though. Just something to make it go a little faster. Or a better MP battery than Tilith. Because hers costs 99 mp.

6. ELDEN

ELDEN Ascended Member

Refia, Chizuru, exdeath, ramza, emperor, bartz, rain. This few character I had, is the full level one.

7. ELDEN

ELDEN Ascended Member

Refia, Chizuru, exdeath, ramza, emperor, bartz, rain. This few character I had, is the full level one.

Any advice with the character I had?

8. Maverickbp

Maverickbp Lufia homer VIP Supporter

9. M!to

M!to Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia / A2
    I think you can wait more and play daily...

10. ZiiVii

ZiiVii VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1110 Olive or Event Unit
    Bartz. He's super good here. Life giver, a decent damage ability, entrust. Yup. He'll round out your team nicely.

11. ZiiVii

ZiiVii VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1110 Olive or Event Unit
    ??
    Nah he can do it now for sure. He just needs to get the rhythm down

12. ZiiVii

ZiiVii VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    1110 Olive or Event Unit
    And you can use him for using items if you need and can afford to. He's also pretty durable.

13. ketupat

ketupat Active Member

Leads:
    Orlandeau
    just pull orlandeau to chain with friends unit and u can beat that trial. your current team lack dps

14. darkefreet

darkefreet Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu, Noctis, or Ace
    Well, you might wanna ask if it is worthy to spend 40 energies to try the trial first.
    Sure you get the challenge with that team composition. But I would say the chance to win is really really slim.

Here is what you can do on a list format:
    - You need a more effective MP battery than Tilith. The battle is gonna be long with your composition.
    - You need to make sure Tilith doesn't die since I suppose you put her there to help reraise your units. So, put more HP on her.
    - If you want to replace Cerius with a physical DPS, make sure that Minfi doesn't die as well, since she'll be constantly buffing your team elemental resistance.
    - Friend Landu should not be affected by confusion at all. Or he'll wipe your party clean.
    - You need an ATK breaker. Friend Landu can do the job, but you'll lose a turn to chip the enemies HP down quicker.
    - Buff your DEF/SPR all the time as well to add the chance of survavibility.
    - Barwatera is not enough. 50% elemental resistance buff is just not enough from my personal experience. Not reliable to keep everyone alive, so use Minfilia Aqua Guard instead.
    - Bushido freedom could be very very useful. Even though you have dispel on your Ysh, sometimes she'll be busy healing your party. Bushido freedom will help you a lot on this situation.

There you go.

15. Jasper

Jasper Ascended Member Supporter

I beat the trial without bringing a DPS of my own.

I ran double tanks, Snow and Cecil ( Snow for 100% target chance of Osmose and Cecil would cover quite often, keeping Snow alive) Minfilia rotating fire, water, dark buffs, Yoshi for heals and brought a friend Orlandeau for damage. I just made sure everyone had confusion protection. It should be even easier with Tilith to full heal and restore MP.

If you have Protection of the Gods, Min should heal you up fairly often and with Cecil for backup Tilith should be free for Rainbow Veil, her stat buff or MP restore if you're getting low. Gear everyone with elemental resists, HP and spr gear as much as possible. You're going for endurance so you want to avoid deaths as much as you can.

Keep Ifrit's atk broken with your friend Orlandeau and Bartz can be your emergency human elixir if Tilith gets Osmosed. Also, if you lack enough confuse resist gear to go around, drop Min's Flame Guard from the rotation for Leader's Disposition and stack everyone you can with as much fire resist gear as you have. It seems to be pretty abundant.

You got this, homie! Give us a progress report when you can!

16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Your team kinda lack of good dps tbh, but it's still doable with turtling it down.
    Minfilia and tilith are solid for this trial, and yshtola can be good for extra heals and def/ spr buff but if you have luka then personally i'll reccommend you to swap ysh with luka with her deep blue (def/spr buff) and water barrier so minfilia can only focus on dark and fire resistance + confusion resist.
    Bartz can be useful here mainly as human elixir or you can bring firion instead if you have him, his killers + low mp fin briar move should be able to help you chip down those espers hp.
    For friend unit just bring a good att/ spr orlandeau preferably with confuse resistance.
    Most important stuff you need to pay attention on at all time:
    * keep ifrits att stat broken
    * never try to break their def or you'll get wipe the next turn
    * keep your def/ spr up with ysh shellga/ protectga or luka's deep blue, and elemental resist always up at all time
    If you have luka, minf cast dark on 1st turn and fire on 2nd turn while luka cast deep blue (1st) and water barrier on 2nd turn.
    If you have no luka then minf should cast dark and later water while your other unit help with barfira (esper or materia ability) or tilith with rainbow veil.

If you have all those stuff covered up then you should be able to beat this trial, might take you quite a while but really patience is the key with your current set.
    Wish you all the luck on your next attempt ::up::

17. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Elza, Reberta, T.Terra, 2B, Tidus
    Strong DPS doesn't really matter a huge amount in the fight, it only matters if you have a lot of units with no MP recovery... If MP recovery isn't an issue you could go in with a very low DPS team and still win. It's simply a cause of Dark Siren draining your MP, but if all your units have MP recovery, DPS is a non-issue as long as you can survive.

The fight is not like the true titan or Intangir where you have destory certain parts or defeat them within a certain number of turns...

18. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Elza, Reberta, T.Terra, 2B, Tidus
    I suspect with that team, why you are losing is you are failing to break Dark Ifrits Atk, this is the most important thing you must do. Else you will die. If you put double protection of the gods matera on Minfillia (that passive heal can be massive when Ifrit starts using AOEs), you may actually have too much healing in your team.

You don't really need Minfilla and Cerius together. You can quite safely go in with Minfilla, buffing a single elemental resistence per turn Dark -> Fire -> Water and keep that rotation throughout the fight. Since you have Tilith acting as a mana battery, Minfilla should not really have to worry about losing MP, but if that is a concern, you can get the auto-refresh matera from the Star Quartz vendor in Sorcerer's Hideaway