1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

wol lenna or dr aiden?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by dark_orlanduuu, Dec 2, 2019.

1. dark_orlanduuu

dark_orlanduuu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Sophia
    hello folks,

i am one of the few unlucky people without a folka or myra :(
    but i managed to get one lenna and one aiden and can uoc a dupe.
    i am however really unsure which one to pick.

any advise?

many thanks in advance

2. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
  3. Benjuu

Benjuu Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph,GLS,Barb,Fryevia,Landu and more..
    Lenna and Aiden are top tier healers, both have Cons and Pros.

4. Zzaaiidd

Zzaaiidd Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exzed
    18x
    just use theire 6* and wait for 2d copy , but if you really want to use your uoc i will go with aiden ( if you have good gear cause his healing mods are low so need a lot of spr )

5. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    Without folka? I still prefer lenna.. Aiden is another lenna with gl's adjustments... But I for one prefers Lenna since she helps with lb generation... And that is very convenient for units that needs to fire lb for DPS or rotation purposes

6. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    Go for Lenna.She has great combo in her skill set.If you like barrier get doctor Aiden.

7. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    WoL, that should be coming up soon.... should have spammable barrier too

8. Danis

Danis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Dr. Aiden is good with a WOL Lenna STMR to give him dispelga. If I was picking only one, and no STMR's, I would take WOL Lenna for sure.

9. Slyphy

Slyphy Member

Global ID:
    i'd say lenna for sure.

10. Keitoshi

Keitoshi Ascended Member

Leads:
    Fryevia, CgFina, CgLasswell, loren
    it takes more than dispelga to make aiden good.

lenna is a solid healers has quirks and flaws like the rest but aidens flaws are more niche.

aiden kit limitations
    His best barrier is 10k but is niche due to being ST. His next barrier is an upgrade from ayaka aoe 3k barriers with added effects, sounds nice but their cooldown cd’s 5,8,10 turns. though their duration is 3-4 turns. But Also has minor barriers active from these cds aoe, but for 1000 and only 2k to self.

results his barriers arent any different than current units with barriers but less spamable.

niche upside? He can imbue dark for two turns to all allies. His lb only costs 30 lbc and has aoe 2k barrier at lvl 1 five star. and at lvl 120 7* it is a standard 3k barrier at max lvl lb. it also removes party atk mag def spr debuffs static heal over three turns and constant heal immediately with aoe full life reraise.

summary: so his lb is built for survival in worst case. Gumi knows his barriers are shit his ability to remove breaks lenna can do in a single skill and still cast other abilities. while he static heals and three turn split heals... his lb is probably worse than pull four dkc. but not to say unviable. just not worth it when aoe reraise emcompasses almost six of his abilities, just not for 100% hp on reraise.

so hes an easy pass. unless you want the dark imbue for what ever reason. he is one of a few units that can imbue dark aoe.
    very niche.

lenna has resistance buffs to fire and water. lenna has aoe reraise. dmg general and spr mitigations, where aiden has general. lenna has break removal but more availible. lenna has delayed heal and mp regen that can be multi cast. allowing her to heal one turn and prepare for next while saving a turn to use a different ability with it. lenna has ailment resist buffs and break resist buffs and most importantly she has enturst. For a mage team she has aoe 200% mag buff that is undispelable. She has a valuable limit burst boost cd, it adds 30 lb stones to all allies except self.

so what is the diagnosis the final word?

Generally everything aiden can do except; for barrier and certain element resists and inbue dark; is included in lennas kit. Aiden lacks spr mitigation and lb support that lenna has.

So if you are so bad you have to use two healers lenna and aiden have some good synergy. since she can restore his lb shortly after he uses it once its availible. otherwise lenna is the winner only because aidens aoe barriers are the same as units like ayaka. 3k barriers do not really add up to much. Now if you can get enough mitigation up than it might be worth it. but for non mitigating tanks as not everyone can have ssc or galuf or upcoming wol i have to say lenna for now has more team spread advantages rather than a unit hyped for being new. do not uoc him. let him come to you! he is not worth the chase with new tanks coming soon that will be more uoc friendly.

Khidir likes this.
  11. Danis

Danis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I use Aiden as my main support. Lenna is versatile. I love Aidens aoe dark embue that is the setup I am currently running. Dispelga is just so nice to have on a tri-white magic, high-end, healer and he lacks it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  12. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Karten, eA.Fry, Regina, Tsukiko, RL
    Lenna. You will never regret it.

13. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    If you use Kryla as your breaker, dispelga is covered by her already.

In my opinion it is about matching supports that’s why I find :

Kryla
    Sylvie
    Myra

Very effective pair with Sylvie covering status and stat breaks , plus elemental buffs and imbues.

Myra covers the heals, Stat buffs and AOE reraise.

Kryla takes care of breaks, dispels and support chaining.

The Tanks then take care of Mitigation.

Now if I get WOL Lenna or Dr Aiden, it is Myra who would be replaced but that means I lose a very strong buffer and healer. Not quite worth it in my opinion.

14. Darx

Darx Active Member

Global ID:
    I use myra + lenna and it works quite well.

Scheich likes this.
  15. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    No elemental buffs in that setup

16. Darx

Darx Active Member

Global ID:
    The 2 of them can cover fire, water and light resist.
    There is no imbue but the LB generate from them is crazy.

17. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    And ice and earth if u take Charlotte / Sieg along for the ride. And basically kryla can cover 4 elements a turn. And can cover everything with her Upgrades.

I also find Myra / Lenna a very handy combo at some trials.

Darx likes this.