1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

WotV update (the bastards).

Discussion in 'General' started by Sorwen, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

Many may have seen this when looking at the FFBE updates, but for those that never followed or no longer follow here is the video in case. Starts at about 16:41+

The cursing is because they might actually make me spend more money on the game.

upload_2020-6-26_21-53-45.png

Just too damn awesome. She was my first pull when long chaining became a thing. Which was after the utter crushing disappointment of spending a bunch of money trying to get Orlandeau. I'm not going quite that all in, but I really really really want her. Their rendition has the added bonus of looking really cute too. The bastards.

SummonerBWM and LurkerRamza like this.
  2. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

I was going to be lazy, but I'll just post some light info. Starts July 2nd. Will also include:

upload_2020-6-26_22-4-17.png

They didn't say anything special, so guess just like JP's.

upload_2020-6-26_22-5-27.png
    In the video he said player rank 20, though it says 10 there.

Various rewards. Including event exclusive.
    upload_2020-6-26_22-12-4.png

upload_2020-6-26_22-13-16.png

They said put in the comments for the video additional giveaway ideas.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  3. Areas

Areas Member

Global ID:
    I'm wondering what this means for WoL. We could either get him earlier than expected (worst case scenario for me) OR if Vinera is next now, he may get swapped with Kilfue to avoid having back to back raids. This would be my preferred outcome. A few extra weeks to save some more for him would be welcome.

Losing 2 weeks of tower prep sucks though.

4. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    oh nice

i have saved 43k for vinera
    i guess that's going to fryevia lol

SummonerBWM and Sorwen like this.
  5. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Elena, 2B, Ultima
    Double unit UR banner makes me very wary, granted we had a lot of double UR banners (vison cards with units) but this makes me very wary... We already got a number of UR ice units, with almost no UR fire units prior to Rain...

Sorwen likes this.
  6. Malpka

Malpka Ascended Member

Hmm Fryevia is one of my favourite characters in FFBE, however I wont be pulling for her. She has just too much going against her.
    1 - it says "limited" collaboration - after getting accidentally Orlandu and then not getting any of his shards in the shop for 3 days I'll never pull again for limited unit (unless it is going to be Lunera) It was simply the worst time i had in this game. Saying that character may not be limited will have to see. Honestly limited characters should be pull only limited, but their shards should stay available.
    2 - waiting for Vinera and I am actually glad for some more time to save Visore.
    3 - Ice, seriously it seems like half of the heroes in this game is Ice, I already have Medienna plus in about 10 years time usable Gilgamaesh and also bunch of other ice units which I'll most likely never use as the 2 mentioned are enough.
    4 - Jobs, seriously weird choice for me, always though of her like dueller so give her any combination of Soldier, Assassin, Ninja, or Monk
    5 - Jobs again, essentially she only has main job for now, unless someone is missing: Shell, Shell, Shell, Shell...

A bit sad honestly, but it is what it is.

7. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

As much as I want Fryevia, if she's a limited unit I will have to skip. I despise how they have limited units set up in this game.

Sorwen and KWFFBE like this.
  8. KWFFBE

Leads:
    Not a fan of limited time units in any gacha game... it's in my eyes manipulation of people's insecurities is why I hate the concept and idea. Don't care how powerful they are or how pleasing the unit design looks... Nope, not touching that with a barge stick!

Sorwen and SadPanda like this.
  9. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

Agreed. It was very rare for me to pull on limited banners in FFBE as well for the reasons you mentioned, and WOTV is even worse. Requiring you get all the shards for a unit in the limited time window is just ridiculous and borderline predatory, and I refuse to participate.

Sorwen likes this.
  10. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
    I very much wanted Fryevia... but this makes me wonder... What if Reberta is next?

Damn... good thing I still have both my kidneys... for now.........

Sorwen likes this.
  11. KWFFBE

Leads:
    Just saw the in game news, and yep its pretty much there in bold letters Fryevia is limited time... So yep, can't care less about any future global exclusive units if they follow the same pattern.

Sorwen likes this.
  12. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
    Yup.. Sad to say... I'll most likely pass on her... but if it is Reberta, it's another story....

13. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

:( Oh well. I only have 10k vis anyway so just an excuse to save up a bit I guess.

Sorwen likes this.
  14. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    I skipped FFT to grow my Engle and Fredrika. I need DPS and Frey could be perfect (no Mediana to use ice mats either).
    But having to go hard in for a limited unit sounds rough...

Sorwen likes this.
  15. Areas

Areas Member

Global ID:
    If you need a dps, target Vinera when she arrives. She's one of the best. She's the best if paired with Xiza's TMR.

Sorwen and LurkerRamza like this.
  16. Malpka

Malpka Ascended Member

Just realised that there is tiny chance she may be limited free unit - the way Yshtola was. Being UR though chance for that is minimal.

Sorwen likes this.
  17. Kujo

Kujo "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Double unit UR doesn't (typically) work the same way in wotv as ffbe; you probably needn't be wary because of it.

For a single UR banner, it's 0.8% per pull to get that UR and 1.2% to get some other UR. For a double UR banner, it's 0.8% for the first, 0.8% for the second, and 0.4% for a random. In other words, sharing the banner with Rain won't affect your chances of getting a Fryevia.

Sorwen likes this.
  18. Areas

Areas Member

Global ID:
    She is a limited unit. Her stats were also wrong (they're lower).

Sorwen likes this.
  19. KWFFBE

Leads:
    That's not really what I'm concerned about, what I'm concerned about is if Fryevia and Rain are on the same banner, a limited unit with a non-limited one... Unlikely to happen, but still I'm concerned it might be. I do not want Fryevia period, if she is on the same banner as Rain, no matter how a small a chance there is of obtaining her whilst going for Rain, will put me off pulling off getting Rain!

Sorwen likes this.
  20. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Ok, this money grab is just insulting.
    All the UR garunteed banners which only use Paid Lazure is just, ouch.

And the new "Offer Wall" is ridiculous.
    Maybe I'm old, but is this really just what mobile games are like now?
    Its disappointing.

Free pull was absolute trash and I've no intent on chasing this limited/paid BS no matter how much I'd love a Fry.

Attached Files:

Sorwen likes this.