1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

x2 UoC Elena?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by b3l14l, Oct 8, 2019.

1. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Wondering if Elena is worth double UoC?

Normally I wouldn't even consider UoC'ing a DPS unit, but Elena seems to be a fav of a lot of peoplez, I see her used for most of the newer trials and she looks to kick some of the baddest of asses.

I have all roles covered except for hybrid (AI Katy and Kurasame are my current best), I have 31 UoC and there isn't anyone coming in the near future that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. At least not that I'm aware of (I don't follow JP). I get it that a GLEX could unexpectedly pop up out of nowhere that wipes the floor with her, but that's a risk we live with every time we pull.

Of course the way my luck goes, if I UoC her I'll probably end up randomly pulling 1-3 copies of her next week with a small handful of 3* EX tix, but I've gotten use to that ::cry::

So should I drop the 20 UoC for her and have some fun, or keep saving for the sake of saving?

Also, what's up with sorting the UoC roster by ticket cost? Gumi planning on raising/lowering the price on some units?

2. Kelban

Kelban Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Do what even makes you happy and helps you have most fun, I definatly like Elena she is bada$$. I personnally would not do it for a DPS unit unless I had at least 1 copy. I myself used a Uoc on a 2nd Esther no regrets and he warms my bench now since I have R.Lightning, Riku, Elena, and Eleven. Ive personnaly want to get Regena have 0 copies but I would never consider using a uoc on 2 copies and I have 38 tickets.

Tamamo05, TheKillingJoke and Seven like this.
  3. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    no DPS more than 1 month old will ever be worth double UoCs if what you really want it to play with efficiency.

you don't really need specific units to do Hybrid damage to beat anything whatsoever.

if you do like the unit and really want her, then go ahead because you only live once and Elena is great.

Tamamo05, dazzky and Seven like this.
  4. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    180s
    It would help to know who your current best dps is. In the last two days I used Elena to beat scorn of wicked moon and scorn of the beasts of the dark, and I dont think I could have done it as easily or at all with my other units (Esther, Aloha Lasswell, Christine). I tried Wicked Moon five times with Christine and I did get it down to 1%,so I could have eventually done it, but Elena was way easier and I got it on the first try with her. And with Scorn of the beasts, I used all of elenas extra stuff - with two of them, on a prep turn or where the boss cant take damage (which seems to be on all the new trials) two elenas can do ON THE SAME TURN 30% mitigation, big all stat buffs, HP barriers, imperils and 70% buff four elements. And I used all of it. She is crazy. So there is no other dps I would consider double UOCing at this time, but maybe her.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Seven likes this.
  5. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

6. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Well, considering Elena IS the GLEX that wiped the floor with every other hybrid, and mages too.....

Tamamo05, Skippy and Seven like this.
  7. Seven

Seven Mildly Active Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Definitely not unless you really want to. She's good but gets iffy after her first rotation, and also, isn't even good enough for future content. Also, value of UoC may go down but 2 UoC is still enough for the best physical tank or healer in the entire game, even in JP.

8. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

I’m going to disagree with you here and will be happy to prove to you that she is very much good enough for future content as I will continue to smash all trials with her. I’m not sure I’d drop double UOC on any DPS, but she does offer a whole lot more than your average DPS. No other DPS in the game offers half the support that she does while being as ridiculously tanky. Her rotation also stays exactly the same after the first 5 rounds, so I’m not sure what you mean there. If I were ever to double UOC a DPS it would be Elena, but I don’t think I’d double UOC a DPS. Only Sieghard was worth double UOC for me.

Scheich, Skippy and Seven like this.
  9. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

I usually don't uoc dps because i always end up getting 6 copy of them later.They also fall off the chart pretty quickly.Uoc are better use on a support unit in my opinion.But if you really love Elena just go ahead I'm not here to stop you.

10. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    180s
    I think she will do ok on future content. Power creep slows down in JP a bit. Even King rain does only about 50% more damage than her (is he coming in 3 months I think?), and if you have Elena's STMR, that 50% number is reduced. And her tankiness and good buffs are really good too. I have had to really use them a few times.

11. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    If you don't care about having to have the 'best' units, I would say get and use any units you like/want and enjoy the game.

We don't usually need to have that specific dmg dealers to clear trials and most contents in the game. I keep hearing statements about certain units are useless or needed to beat certain trials, but, in the end, there are people finishing those try with those very units. For example, Moon vs. Elena, Moon vs Christine, Moon vs Cilka, and so on.

With a roster like yours, (well, you are on my friend list. I'm not stalking you, I swear), I think you have some slack there.

PS: I've been having fun blasting stuffs with Tsukiko here. And her dmg output is like 60% of top phy dmg dealers, and that is already enough for many trials. The only one that gave me some headache is Neoexdeath, which I ended up clearing it with 2xEsther+Tsukiko as dmg dealers.

Tamamo05, Skye, Regalia and 2 others like this.
  12. exnigma

exnigma Ascended Member

I have her and I still wouldn’t uoc her. I mess around with my Esther/Zeno often still.

Seven likes this.
  13. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I keep going back and forth on it. Like most have said, and I agree, DPS aren't worth a double UoC. Elena just seems awesome tho, lots of friends run her and lots of guides use her. But honestly she is more of a want than a need. The DPS I currently use are Bartz, Zeno, still use Esther from time-to-time, Sol and GLS.

Totally forgot about Tsukiko! Damn, maybe I should hold off. Might get lucky and get one or the other and only need 10 UoC ::up::

Tamamo05 and aa25 like this.
  14. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mmm okay then but just saying, possible doesn't mean efficient and definitely not meta.

If I were ever to double UoC a DPS, it might be Chocobo Fina if that's an option in GL.

Also, Sieghard IMO isn't worth double UoC...we're getting WoDGaluf literally next week...

15. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    0x9F
    If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong. You do you, and don't let anyone stop you.

That said, from a resource management perspective, this is a bad idea. Elena is great, don't get me wrong, but we have a half dozen chainers who are significantly better than her, and our best chainer has 35% higher damage than she does. You've got Buttz, and he's going to stay within shouting distance of the top up until about CG Chair.

Tamamo05, C_L_I_C_K and Seven like this.
  16. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Even Chairrain doesn't totally nullify Bartz. The ONLY damagers that make Bartz look like nothing are the following, who are about double his damage: Madame Edel, Ifrit Rain, and Asura Akstar.

Scheich and Isaac like this.
  17. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    0x9F
    Yeah, it's just that CG Chairrain is about as high above Buttz as Buttz is above Elena. Before Chair and Ardyn, he's within 10% of the top of the chart, which is nothing to sneeze at. Of course, Madam Edel is so DBZ overpowered that she makes everyone else look like Yamcha, soooo...

18. Tena

Tena Member

I cleared almost everything with Elena, nice unit, easy to get in friend list, easy rotation, awesomely powerful (kicked Gilgamesh in two turns after his mitigation ends) and she chains marvelously well, so I would say yes she is worth two UoC but only if you have the right gears and materias to equip her properly. That’s the hardest part imo ^^

Tamamo05 and Seven like this.
  19. Seven

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Not to mention if you lack any of the 8 damagers currently stronger than her and easier to gear...

Basically the meta is split into two: the Zeno meta and the Esther meta, and it goes as follows:

Zeno Meta
    1. Riku
    2. Radiant Lightning
    3. Regina
    4. Cid
    5. Dark Knight Leon
    6. Sephiroth (KH)
    7. Eleven
    8. Shadow Lord
    9. Kimono Fina
    10. Warrior of Light Bartz
    11. Veronica
    12. Mordegon
    13. Reberta
    12. Aloha Lasswell
    13. Zeno of the Beta Star
    14. Sol
    15. Elena
    16. Christine
    17. Cloud (KH)
    18. Sora
    19. Esther

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  20. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    0x9F
    Yeah, we're transitioning from the TDH to the TDW meta, but theres still some overlap.

The issue is that there are a lot of ways to define meta. What sort of build we're currently getting units and gear for is a valid interpretation, but a lot of people tend to think of it as more "what's the minimum power level to handle content." They're kind of the same thing in a lot of ways, because power creep tends to go hand in hand with new stuff, but recently the difficulty level has been lagging behind our power levels, so it kind of gets fuzzy.

In which case Akstar is currently clinging to the underside of the barrel. Starting soon, I think new trials are supposed to be balanced more for Zeno/Esther level damage at minimum, but as things stand, the meta is pretty broad.

Ferax likes this.