1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

XWQL, should i upgrade his gear.?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by koki_gila, Jul 8, 2020.

1. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

ive been using XWQL since ive got him and rlly loving it, but i cant seem to get his spr tdw up to 200%. i wonder if there's any equipment/materia to get it maxed out.

i have the following options for equipment:
    - 6* bai hu & ze que (get his prism from the trust coin shop + stmr moogle.?)
    - 7* aerith (stmr moogle her.?)
    - 6* yuraisha (uoc and then stmr moogle.?)
    - ive only got 2 stmr moogles and 5k+ trust coins.

in the damage calculation XWQL falls so far behind the newer dps units, but ive cleared all sbb easily, most trial (tiamat, worm, wall, mom&dad casper and marlboro trials left), i rlly like their super easy rotation, what i like the most is the imperil and attack move, and also the monster damage magnus ability.

is it worth the stmr moogle and trust coins to fully gear them up.? if they are, which ones should i prioritize.?

here's my kit, i exchange one of the materia slot for killers if need be.

my id is 944,084,511 add me up

Screenshot_20200709-032050.jpg Screenshot_20200709-032108.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

There is no TDW items or materia for SPR. You wont reach more than 100% TDW with him or Rena for the moment. And nothing on JP either I think.

Remember that XWQL is almost unkillable with high hp, really high SPR and great def. He's not anymore the best DD but as a DPS he wont die easily.

His STMR is meh. You gonna equip his TMR anyway if you dont own BHZQ's STMR.

Nixilu, Cylian and koki_gila like this.
  3. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

so i guess we're stuck with 100% spr then.

you reckon BHZQ's STMR is worth the stmr moogles and trust coin.? or should i use those resources for other stmrs that can be used for other units.? like aerith's or yuraisha's.

4. daima

Nope keep your resources. XWQL gonna drop down a bit with the release of new rem and ace tomorrow. So no need to invest on them.

As you said, you didnt have trouble clearing stuffs, so no need to get them slightly stronger with some STMR.

Cylian and koki_gila like this.
  5. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 NV Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    you are actually way over in SPR stat, you can get rid of hero's vow water (which is doing NOTHING AT ALL for your unit) AND hero's vow light and put Adventurer 5 and a killer materia on your XWQL. You are actually being very inefficient with your current build... Once you are over 400% the rest of the spr % up is doing nothing at all for your unit.

koki_gila likes this.
  6. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    There are actually TDW SPR on JP. But it is tied to the JP version of Sakura & Ayaka (that is different from GL), so it will not arrive on GL. For now, the only hope for SPR TDW are GL exclusives.

I did get BHZQ STMR for XWQL and don't regret it, but it was months ago. I wouldn't do the same now with the arrival of Rem & Ace, that basically steal their niches.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    koki_gila likes this.
  7. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

yes, that materia slot is usually used for killer materia as required.

BigNBald5 likes this.
  8. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

understood, i wonder if i should wait for august when the "real" anniversary glex units might be released or pull for rem/ace . the hype around these 2 units are pretty high from what ive seen.

9. Gacrut

Gacrut Ascended Member

Global ID:
    because lot of people pulling for dv. And rem and ace really gonna help your mage stage in dv.

koki_gila likes this.
  10. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

yea, that "all" elemental CWA/bs is pretty useful. ill pass on this banner, im pretty happy with my bahamut fina and diablos sol

11. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    They are imbue-able mages like XWQL making them last a long time and they can also use phys killers. Great units to run with XWQL for DV!

12. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

Me: ive made my decision not to pull on this banner and stick with my xwql. Thanks for the info guys.

You:
    Me:
    1579620550235.png

Cylian likes this.
  13. daima

Go for it man. They even get boosted in GL. Next mages gonna burst harder but they wont be flexible with killers and elements.::ink::

koki_gila likes this.
  14. Matri

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    You can't go wrong with them!!

My thoughts are even though another true mage might burst harder than them, for example FW Physalis...once killers are added, FW Physalis will most likely always lose in damage because of the larger access to phys killers.

Their base DPT are already quite high, but their ceilings are WAY higher than other mages, especially after Poppy comes with a 100% LB buff.

Just look at how long XWQL has lasted.

koki_gila likes this.
  15. koki_gila

koki_gila Member

are they a limited unit.? if not, maybe ill get lucky sometime in my future pulls and omniprism/uoc them.?

16. Prime2u

Prime2u Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    They aren’t limited.

koki_gila likes this.
  17. Matri

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Not limited so you have a chance at getting them anytime. Good luck!

koki_gila and Cylian like this.