1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Yuna or Eiko 7*?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Noctisstorm, May 15, 2019.

1. Noctisstorm

Noctisstorm Ascended Member

Which one is better? I only used Eiko a couple of times for trials and such and now I wanted to enhance one of them but I cant decide which one. Eiko breaks remove is pretty OP but I read online that Yuna can be pretty beastly too.
    What do you guys suggest?

2. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    I never used Yuna but I can tell 6* Eiko with enhancements is really good at the moment I'm using her over 7* PS Rydia.

3. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    I do use Eiko more.

Yuna's Advantages are elemental resist spells, Reraise and Dispelga.
    Eiko is better at filling the esper meter, removes breaks and debuffs, even berserk.
    Yuna can give break immunity, but without 100% uptime, Eiko can spam break removal just fine and do that while fully healing party and filling esper gauge, hell, you can very well build Eiko for LB fill and rotate as: LB/Call Fenrir for AoE mirage and a alright 120% all stats buff/Whatever/LB/Call Fenrir yadda yadda.
    she's very powerful.

I think unless you´re short on resources, both are worthy of them.

4. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    They are both usable and Eiko is actually very fun to use, but both are easily replaced with better units.

5. TheDude74

TheDude74 King of Figaro VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    I just started using 7* Eiko fully enhanced recently and I have no regrets

6. Noctisstorm

You mean upcoming units?

7. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    No, I mean current units. Yuna and Eiko are both far behind the meta and have only niche uses overall.

8. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I never like Eiko as the main healer. She doesn't have dualcast to use two of her abilities in one turn. She can only dual-cast White magic. She has Curaja-level heal (Curaga+2), but the rest of her spells are not always useful. If you need to heal your team every turn, she will be stuck doing only 1 thing for most of the time. She doesn't have any heal-over-time type of things to let you get away either.

Another good thing about Yuna, on top of what others already said, is that her dualcast can cast any spell. This gives her more room to cast her Green magic. Her LB also applies some heal-over-time effect which gives her free turn to do something else easier than Eiko.

9. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Morgana, Elena, Yuna, LM Fina, SS. Cha
    I would say Yuna. She has the advantage over Eiko as a better healer for reraising and her LB is the best of the two. She's still in the top 5 for healer and when Yuna is not needed for healing, she can be used for damage dealing through Evoke skills. She has a better synergy than Eiko when we hit the double healer stage with trials. Eiko is fine but she is completely focused on boosting the esper gauge as much as possible. As far as the meta for healers, Yuna is up there still and you can easily have her have 100% in more than 1-2 of her elemental resistance because of her Moon Crest fully awakened.

10. IvaNL

IvaNL Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Sophia , GLS , Jecht ,esther
    The only good in Eiko is she can do the 1850 spr mission. Dang... I’m hoping to grab her. Yuna is better as the Tetris element she could help a lot.

Ferax likes this.
  11. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    In your other post about spr parameter...... long pause, um eiko :) pot her up with spr pots from arena etc or if you have traded in enough units with 100% tmr, trade the coins for king pots, they’re 200 coins per pot. Unless you’re saving for 5000 5* ex ticket guaranteed to drop a troll on you, or the 25000 coins you need for the 5 uoc tickets. Might as well go for the king pots in the mean time if you need them for parameter gear and or uoc tickets you can get from parameter, I hope this helps. By the by that mp param , the way I got it, was a fully potted folka with rem tmr and all the 30% I had um ms nichol ( or ss nichol tmr rod ) second knife ( sold mine who needs that 1 attack enable dual wield anymore right? XD DOH ) stuff like that oh if you have trance terras her tmrs are awesome for that ( I have 2 of her ) cheers good luck!

12. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    [Full disclosure: I have Yuna but honestly have never used her but here are my thoughts on Eiko:]
    As a summoner, Eiko is unparalleled. She has the highest EVO MAG stat of all summoners.
    If you want healing, she is decent but as it was stated, she does NOT have dual cast of abilities or re-raise so she is not as good as other 7* healers in that regard.
    She DOES have HP barriers, MP recovery and break removals which are awesome.
    And my current setup with her has over 11000 HP and 1100 SPR (found in this post)
    Hope that helps at least a little.

13. Jouraki

Jouraki Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I would say it depends on what you want to do with them. If it's for story and events, then eiko is for sure the better pick because she makes Esper and LB missions a joke. She is a permanent member of my story / events team. If it's for trials I would say Yuna is a little better as a healer but personnally I wouldn't use any of them in trials or at least the recent hard ones because their kit is lacking comparing to current meta healer like CG fina or Myra.
    If you don't have the ressources to enhance both of them, I would suggest you enhance eiko because she is a beast for story and events

Person likes this.
  14. Khalil7774

Khalil7774 Ascended Member Supporter

Saludos¡
    If you can, enhance both. If not, it depends on what roles you have, and what roles do you need to cover.

Eiko is bulky, ailment protected (with a free accesory in her event), and can reach HIGH SPR, MP with ease. She can fill LB & Esper gauges like the best, her EVO damage is high and is a reliable MP battery. She can also heal, but you need to enhance her to make that top notch.

Yuna is more a natural healer right out of the box, with access to reraise, and elemental protection for 4 elements. Good EVO abilities.

I tend to use more Eiko, for her Esper & LB fills, plus MP Battery. But I have to say it is a hard choice...

15. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

I vote Yuna because of Elemental Tetris. She has innate DC for all types of spells which means you can drop a bar spell and a re-raise or Curaja on the same turn. She also has 4 bar-ga spells innately and can equip more from Espers.

SummonerBWM, IvaNL and Kaladin like this.
  16. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    I think that both are useful in different situations. So why not have both?

17. Noctisstorm

Now you understand my pain?!

Attached Files:

18. TheDude74

TheDude74 King of Figaro VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    stash-1-227550bd08abe666e.png

SummonerBWM and Kaladin like this.
  19. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Yup I can understand I have staffs that are stmrs and forgot about that detail, I have had a shit ton of ayaka and lmf draws and high spr % materia :-/ you’ll get there don’t despair!

20. Polka!

Polka! Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I love my eiko!! Got me through asura alongside loren-zarg which some might say are outdated supports. The break removals are amazing, her mp battery is amazing for long quests (just have zarg rejuvenate her and it’s pretty much full mp the entire time for everyone)

Both are great units but since you’re asking personal opinions, Eiko is just golden!